• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
As we all know bacon makes everything better. I read about it Wired and figured I'd try it.

J&D's Maker of Bacon salt, Baconnaise and Bacon Lip Balm have a 50% off code:
Bacoooooooon

Code: operationbaconsalt

Its supposed to be only for International orders but it worked on my US shipped order for baconnaise.

You can verify its working before checking out.
Say Yes to Bacon. Have no fear its Kosher!!!!

It appears it was intended for troops. I thought it was for international orders only. I hope this doesn't mess it up for them.

Hopefully J&D's sees this as good advertising. I love bacon enough to keep coming back.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
It's been around for a while now. My local grocers carry it. I don't doubt it's the company making that post since the... (more)

Prngr44 (Feb. 24, 2009 @ 10:10a) |

I'm kind of surprised they aren't letting the orders through. The only reason I bought it was because of the coupon. I w... (more)

kcwhite (Feb. 24, 2009 @ 12:54p) |

Amaz0n has 20% off bacon salt and baconnaise this month. free ship w/ Prime membership or $25 minimum order

Text
Save 20%... (more)

pecanpie (Mar. 01, 2009 @ 11:14a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like the code was intended to give 50% off for orders shipped to military bases, but my order went through. Hope it ships. Green for the code, OP!!

I'm going to have to green you becuz the title has bacon in it... twice!

i do not understand the internet's obsession with bacon. I think it's delicious, but that's about as far as it goes.

good post...might check that out

Thanks OP! I've seen baconnaise before, but didn't remember the name of the company that made it. I'm in for the combo 3-pack of salt + bacconaise, and maple bacon salt for $21.24 ($11.24+$10 shipping).

Ditto, plus an extra Original BS for good measure.

Thanks OP!

Is this stuff worth buying? What specifically would you use this on? Crackers? Trust me, I dig on swine and if you guys tell me its good stuff, i am in!

I tried the Bacon Salt at a specialty store in Horton Plaza downtown San Diego and kinda of liked it, but it was very expensive. There is another store in San Diego that only sells large containers. This was a chance to try several flavors, though shipping is a bit steep.

Anybody who likes salt should absolutely try Johnny's salt. Though it will probably run me to an early death, I use it on everything. Even makes Jack in the Box tacos a delight!

I decided to try the bacon mayo on a whim.

Whenever we travel and I see a new seasoned salt, we buy a bottle. So far, the only ones I have truly enjoyed over the years are Lawry's and Johnny's, with Johnny's taking the lead in recent years, though we use Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning Salt whenever we make dry ribs or steak. When I could not find it locally for a few years, we still bought it on Amazon, I think. Should be in every great chef's pantry! I always use that on fried eggs with some pepper too, and they turn out great every time.

I am making me hungry!

Enjoy,
Cogito

Maybe they send out free samples, I'd like to try it with some eggs and toast...

I wonder if they have an MSG version.

Operation Bacon Salt We support the troops! Get 1/2 price Bacon Salt when you ship to military bases.
Valid from: 4/25/2008 - 11/30/2009

I don't know how I feel about taking advantage of a promotion intended for the troops... In for combo pack though. I have made mayonnaise out of bacon fat in the past and its definitely a solid concept. I know they just use flavoring though and I'm curious how they did.

I LOVE ME SOME BACON!

in for a combo pack...thanks OP!

--Big Coop

If these guys sold some Mayo-stard then I'd be all over this.

larrytrain said: If these guys sold some Mayo-stard then I'd be all over this.

But... Theres no bacon in that. I think you are missing the spirit of this company.

I'll pass on taking advantage of a supposed troops only deal, but wanted to contribute to the thread:

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

ITS BAAAAAAAACCCONNNNNNN!!!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, BUT - the Operation Bacon Salt coupon code that was posted here is actually reserved for troops and military addresses ONLY. We launched a troop support initiative called Operation Bacon Salt (www.operationbaconsalt.com), and that coupon code is for active military and their families.

Over the next two days, we will be refunding every order that used this coupon improperly, and emailing each customer as well. For now, the Operation Bacon Salt coupon code is disabled until further notice, but for the next week, you can use coupon code noapobutstillhungry to receive a 10% discount off any order.

We really apologize for any confusion. There unfortunately is no way for us to hard code all of the rules of the promotion (active military/APO address) into our website, but we've never had a problem with people using the code without it being sent to a military address before. We'd appreciate it if you all could abstain from using the Operation Bacon Salt coupon code in the future so we can continue to support our troops. Thanks for your understanding.

Yours in bacon,
J&D

1) Hire an IT guy that figures out base zipcodes and uses an if/then loop.
2) Use one-time use codes.
3) Dont call people who use a discount code that a company doesn't screen "improper"

can you get it from WalMart?

Baconnaise? Oh my...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

It says that this deal is for military address only. Prob why it does not work for most.

I picked up Bacon Salt at Big Lots on Sunday for $1.20 with an additional 20% off. It was with the bottled spices.

I don't believe the post is really from the company.

1. They would not be so stupid as to alienate a bunch of new customers.
2. The outrageous shipping and handling charges oughta cover much of the discount.
3. If people LIKE this stuff, they have new customers for many years. I have been using Lawry's for 40 years, and Johnny's salt for about 15. They coulda given me my first few bottles for free and I would still be hundreds of dollars ahead.
5. They would not be so stupid.
6. I might be buying it to send to friends or family in Iraq.
7. What's the point of offering it just to the military? Surely the point is to have a lot of people try this stuff and buy it again. They might just as well offer it only to dental hygienists in states that whose names begin with the letter "C".

OR

Maybe they are stupid.
Maybe they don't think they will be a viable business for the long haul and don't care about getting new customers hooked on their products.
Maybe they can't produce enough BS to cover the orders.

Dunno.

cogitovici said: I don't believe the post is really from the company.

1. They would not be so stupid as to alienate a bunch of new customers.
2. The outrageous shipping and handling charges oughta cover much of the discount.
3. If people LIKE this stuff, they have new customers for many years. I have been using Lawry's for 40 years, and Johnny's salt for about 15. They coulda given me my first few bottles for free and I would still be hundreds of dollars ahead.
5. They would not be so stupid.
6. I might be buying it to send to friends or family in Iraq.
7. What's the point of offering it just to the military? Surely the point is to have a lot of people try this stuff and buy it again. They might just as well offer it only to dental hygienists in states that whose names begin with the letter "C".

OR

Maybe they are stupid.
Maybe they don't think they will be a viable business for the long haul and don't care about getting new customers hooked on their products.
Maybe they can't produce enough BS to cover the orders.

Dunno.

if you use a coupon that you KNOW is supposed to be only for military, then you run the risk of the order being canceled. why would you be mad at the company for that?

maybe they are hoping for publicity from the act of kindness to the troops?

with that said, i do think it's kind of stupid not to have some plan on allowing the coupon only on legitimate orders.
doesn't matter to me either way, as i wasn't going to order any. *shrugs*

It's been around for a while now. My local grocers carry it. I don't doubt it's the company making that post since they're new users...and with a name like that??

I don't recall what the price on the product was in the local store, but they were $2.50 each during the most recent Woot-Off (along with $5 shipping.)

We're a resourceful bunch here @ FW. I think the company should have implemented some sort of check to disable the code for shipments to residential addresses. Can't be that bad to implement.

I'm kind of surprised they aren't letting the orders through. The only reason I bought it was because of the coupon. I wanted to try it but it was out of my impulse buy range. Oh well. Hopefully a local store starts carrying it.

Amaz0n has 20% off bacon salt and baconnaise this month. free ship w/ Prime membership or $25 minimum order

Text
Save 20% today on any eligible Baconnaise when you buy either eligible J&D's Bacon Salt Sampler sold by Amazon.com. Use the following promotional code when you check out: BACONAIS. Offer valid through March 31, 2009. See rules and restrictions.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014