• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hey you fried chicken lovers. For those of you that don't know what it is go to www.popeyes.comfind the location nearest to you. It is Southern style fried chicken mainly Louisiana. We don't have too many locations out here in the West Coast. It is good fried chicken

This is for the Popeyes Chicken in Northern CA mainly in Hayward, San Francisco area. I don't know the promotions for other locations. They are a lot tastier than KFC

They have some Specials going on 2 pc chicken leg and thigh for $.99 every Tuesday.

And some locations have 2pc leg and thigh every day for $1.99 every day.

It depends on location it varies.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Doh !! Popeyes is spicy !! lol !! I am Indian by heritage and can handle really spicy food and I love it ! Popeyes is a ... (more)

mnsweeps (Mar. 18, 2009 @ 9:17p) |

I stand corrected. I was attempting to be funny. LOL. So is that Indian food like curry and such? I have always want... (more)

the1percent (Mar. 18, 2009 @ 10:41p) |

right...whats your zipcode? You can IM me and I can guide you.

mnsweeps (Mar. 18, 2009 @ 11:06p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green for popeyes!!!

I think Popeyes are independently owned so promotions are up to the owner of their store. The Popeyes near me always have 10 pc chicken leg and thigh for $9.99. I agree that Popeyes's chicken > KFC's chicken.

How do you guys pronounce it?

Pop-eyes
or
Popeye (s) (like in popeye the sailor man)?

Popeyes Chincken I LOVE POPEYES CHINCKEN

Innominate said: I think Popeyes are independently owned so promotions are up to the owner of their store. The Popeyes near me always have 10 pc chicken leg and thigh for $9.99. I agree that Popeyes's chicken > KFC's chicken.

Agree with the Popeyes > KFC.

I recall seeing the 2 pc leg and thigh for $1.99 every day promotion at a Popeye's in Hacienda Heights, CA (on Hacienda and Gale). I am unsure if they have the 2 pc leg/thigh for $0.99 Tuesday though.

I love Popeyes. Great chicken.

The Popeyes in Dublin, CA (Northern Cal) has the $1.99 promotion which comes with the 2 pc leg and thigh and a biscuit. So I guess as one previous post mentioned, promotions may vary by location.

Great Deal.
Side Thought:
Roy Rogers > Popeyes > KFC

hmm can anyone confirm this for NYC?

Can anyone confirm this is SW Florida area?

markymags said: Innominate said: I think Popeyes are independently owned so promotions are up to the owner of their store. The Popeyes near me always have 10 pc chicken leg and thigh for $9.99. I agree that Popeyes's chicken > KFC's chicken.

Agree with the Popeyes > KFC.

I recall seeing the 2 pc leg and thigh for $1.99 every day promotion at a Popeye's in Hacienda Heights, CA (on Hacienda and Gale). I am unsure if they have the 2 pc leg/thigh for $0.99 Tuesday though.

On Mission, San Francisco, CA, $0.99 on Tuesday, YES, Very Long Line
El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA, $0.99 on Tuesday, YES, Very Long Line

Popeyes >>>> KFC
Popeyes is WAY better than KFC. I used to love Church's but they all closed with 5 miles from where I lived....

Church's > Popeye's > KFC

shihkang said: Church's > Popeye's > KFC

Hear Hear! Church's my favorite

Although church's chicken pieces are significantly smaller. KFC probably has the largest pieces. I had a thigh at KFC and it was bigger than the breast pieces at churchs

Also, if you buy in large quantity, fried chicken freezes well, and when you heat it up, just microwave for a few minutes and then into the toaster oven, you'll get a lot of the oil out(you'll see it on the pan) and it is still crispy and tasty!

Popeye's chicken is the shizznit!

Tuesday .99 deal at all Dallas/Ft Worth locations. They tried to up it to $1.29 and that failed. Now .99 every Tuesday.

microkelvin said: How do you guys pronounce it?

Pop-eyes
or
Popeye (s) (like in popeye the sailor man)?

LOL...

Popeye's chicken is hands-down the best, especially if you get it at one of their New Orleans restaurants, where the chain originated. Anyone who thinks that Church's is better must have had a subpar/non-typical meal at Popeye's. Two of the three Popeyes in my town closed recently, though, because they couldn't price their food competitively. They located those two restaurants in non-affluent locations (actually both across the street from McDonald's where you can get a McChicken or a double hamburger for 99 cents), but then were charging more than $6 for a two-piece combo meal with drink, more if with white meat. Dumb pricing - you should be getting back change from a $20 bill for a fast food meal for three, not have to put down extra bills.

Popeyes at:105 South West 7th Street
Renton, WA 98055-2312
Says they only have a daily special for $2.69 for 2 pieces.Guess I'll be sticking to the 10lb bags of hind quarters for $5.

I don't know about any of these chickens. You let the thing sit for an hour and you need a blow torch to go thru them; yet they're that stiff. South Korean chickens on the other hand..

You can blow torch a baked chicken after it's done to give the skin a charred flavor,then put lime on it.I had it that way in Mexico,it's really good.It was pretty funny watching them pull out a blow torch and roast the skin lol

i see a very hot potential to this deal. here's the breakdown:

assuming u eat 6 pieces a day, it'll cost u (3 [orders] x $2 x 6 [days]) + (3 [orders] x $1 x 1 [tuesday]) = $39 per week. after about 24 weeks (24 [weeks] x $39) = $936, u can probably get to 350lbs. so for less than $1k, u can eat for free the rest of ur life here. awesome!

In San Diego, the $0.99 Tue deal was long gone. I think it's 2 pc for $1.29. The funny thing is they always ran out of ketchup on Tuesday nights when it was 2 pc for $0.99. I don't know if they tried to offset the cost or they really ran out of it.

"billjriv" You might be able to start your own sassy fried chicken franchise buying the 10lb frozen bags at your local Piggly Wiggly. Of course you'll be offering legs and thighs only but if you can just get the breast lovers to try em they may never go back above the chicken's belt again. Maybe "davidhefwer" can run the numbers.

I called a Popeyes in the Denver CO area and they have the coveted 2fer calf & quadricep deal for 99 cents. They also said that most if not all locations in the Denver area did this. Also, Popeyes has a Store locator & Coupon page with store specific coupons for Cajun Fried Freaks. http://hosted.where2getit.com/popeyes/locator.html

I guarantee they gonna brought ya all the chicken you can ate yea!

We have Popeyes, Church's, and KFC within 2 miles of each other, all on the same street. I haven't been to Church's or KFC in years. Everyone around here knows if you want the best, go to Popeyes.

Side note: I grew up eating cold Popeyes chicken for breakfast almost every Mardi Gras morning, on a neutral ground somewhere in the city('Nawlins). It was a tradition, and still is for many. Grab a few boxes the night before, and dinner and breakfast is covered. Good times.

Green'd.

Popeye's and Church's are owned by the same company, but operated separately. They taste quite a bit different in my honest opinion.

too bad my popeyes near my house closed down. =(

By 1989, Church's was the second-largest chicken franchise organization in the United States. That was the year it merged with the number three chicken chain, Popeyes® Famous Chicken & Biscuits, headquartered in New Orleans. The Church's concept remained distinct and separate from Popeyes®.

On November 5, 1992, America's Favorite Chicken Company (AFC) -- now called AFC Enterprises Inc. -- officially became the parent company to Church's Chicken, and moved its operations to headquarters in Atlanta.

After 12 years under the AFC umbrella, Church’s Chicken declared December 26, 2004 their Independence Day – the day Atlanta-based private equity firm Arcapita Inc. bought the fast food chain from AFC Enterprises, Inc.

No longer owned by AFC/Popeye's

This deal is valid in Alhambra, CA. They come in 2 flavor, mild or spicy, but they don't taste much different at all. I've only been to Popeyes for this special and I do think that KFC offer better leg & thighs at a higher cost of course, just my 2 cents.

Off-topic, but I miss Fryer Tuck chicken and Little John Spuds and dip.
Fortunately, Google tells me 'the last one on earth' is about 20 miles from me.
Maybe this weekend.

1.99 two pieces mean one dollar a piece for one wing and one leg? Not a good deal! I guest I stay home and cook after the economy down turn!

Yum!

Popeyes in Korea> KFC...

^ NO, it's this. Kinda expensive, but worth the splurge once in awhile.

The amount they charge, you'd think they'd hire someone who knows how to spell english, lol.

Popeyes in Long Beach, CA have the .99 Tuesday and Thurs. I haven't had popeyes for a while...i always go to KFC for popcorn chicken. It has gotten expensive! 2 years ago, the family pack was 7.99, then it went to 8.99, then 9.99, and now, it's 10.99.

robjowil said: "billjriv" You might be able to start your own sassy fried chicken franchise buying the 10lb frozen bags at your local Piggly Wiggly. Of course you'll be offering legs and thighs only but if you can just get the breast lovers to try em they may never go back above the chicken's belt again. Maybe "davidhefwer" can run the numbers.

I called a Popeyes in the Denver CO area and they have the coveted 2fer calf & quadricep deal for 99 cents. They also said that most if not all locations in the Denver area did this. Also, Popeyes has a Store locator & Coupon page with store specific coupons for Cajun Fried Freaks. http://hosted.where2getit.com/popeyes/locator.html

I guarantee they gonna brought ya all the chicken you can ate yea!
Ok,now I'm afraid.

Churches dollar menu. Leg or Thigh and a Biscuit for 99cents. 2 Thighs and 2 biscuits for 1.98 or Leg and Thigh for 1.99. Meh...maybe if i want spicy.

goldsheet said: By 1989, Church's was the second-largest chicken franchise organization in the United States. That was the year it merged with the number three chicken chain, Popeyes® Famous Chicken & Biscuits, headquartered in New Orleans. The Church's concept remained distinct and separate from Popeyes®.

On November 5, 1992, America's Favorite Chicken Company (AFC) -- now called AFC Enterprises Inc. -- officially became the parent company to Church's Chicken, and moved its operations to headquarters in Atlanta.

After 12 years under the AFC umbrella, Church’s Chicken declared December 26, 2004 their Independence Day – the day Atlanta-based private equity firm Arcapita Inc. bought the fast food chain from AFC Enterprises, Inc.

No longer owned by AFC/Popeye's

Because Arcapita is an Islamic venture capital firm, pork products were removed from the menu after the sale (pork not being halal) in 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church%27s_Chicken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcapita

CoolMint said: Churches dollar menu. Leg or Thigh and a Biscuit for 99cents. 2 Thighs and 2 biscuits for 1.98 or Leg and Thigh for 1.99. Meh...maybe if i want spicy.

The Church's here have spicy chicken.

Skipping 20 Messages...
the1percent said: mnsweeps said: the1percent said: mnsweeps said: I had the T&L last night ...Man I woke up at 2.30 am sweating and feeling nauseated...Went for number 2 twice and slept after 1 hr...This is disgusting ..I walked into a Popeyes after like 4-5 years but will never go back..stomach is still upset.

Well, if you are ever down here in cajun country, I would suggest staying away from the local cuisne. Sounds like you can't handle spicy foods. Stick to the mild and you should be fine.

Doh !! Popeyes is spicy !! lol !! I am Indian by heritage and can handle really spicy food and I love it ! Popeyes is a walk in the park compared to spicy Indian food. I think what happened was I just overate...

I stand corrected. I was attempting to be funny. LOL. So is that Indian food like curry and such? I have always wanted to try that!

right...whats your zipcode? You can IM me and I can guide you.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014