Ruby Tuesday - New BOGO coupon

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
I don't tip >10% if service sucks. When it is great we give 20%+, usually what the last server missed out on is added to an already fat 25%, then we ask to speak to the manager, and tell em' the server rocked. Strangly, the worst service ever is when only one or two of the tables are seated. Why is that?

Good luck

snowbrd84 said: 18% is the standard now

does this work in manhattan times square ruby tuesday?

snowbrd84 said: I work at a Ruby Tuesdays, ill actually be at work in about an hour, just wanted to say, i know we all come here to get good deals, but just keep in mind that your servers get paid 3 dollars an hour plus tips, base your tip on the original bill, not the discounted bill. Half of my customers each day now have these coupons and i am making 20% less each week since it started. O and by the way, 15% was how much you were supposed to tip 10 years ago, 18% is the standard now, we have to pay our bills, just keep that in mind...

15% is what I tipped 10 years ago...when my server actually tried to earn it. I haven't had good service at any chain restaurant in a really long time. All most servers do now is take orders and bring drinks, someone else brings the food, and I still have to wait for a refill. I worked in several restaurants during college and the servers always made decent money, even the terrible ones. The cooks actually work 10x as hard as the servers for half of the take home. Also, why would the percentage change? Food prices have kept up or exceeded inflation so 15% would be still be equivalent in today's dollars.

Del3030 said: snowbrd84 said: I work at a Ruby Tuesdays, ill actually be at work in about an hour, just wanted to say, i know we all come here to get good deals, but just keep in mind that your servers get paid 3 dollars an hour plus tips, base your tip on the original bill, not the discounted bill. Half of my customers each day now have these coupons and i am making 20% less each week since it started. O and by the way, 15% was how much you were supposed to tip 10 years ago, 18% is the standard now, we have to pay our bills, just keep that in mind...

15% is what I tipped 10 years ago...when my server actually tried to earn it. I haven't had good service at any chain restaurant in a really long time. All most servers do now is take orders and bring drinks, someone else brings the food, and I still have to wait for a refill. I worked in several restaurants during college and the servers always made decent money, even the terrible ones. The cooks actually work 10x as hard as the servers for half of the take home. Also, why would the percentage change? Food prices have kept up or exceeded inflation so 15% would be still be equivalent in today's dollars.


Everyone wants a handout these days.

Butcherboy said: I Love Ruby Tuesday
This is why FW desperately needs an "ignore user" feature. Anybody who says something like that is someone I never want to see nor hear from again.

michaelkenyon said: Butcherboy said: I Love Ruby Tuesday
This is why FW desperately needs an "ignore user" feature. Anybody who says something like that is someone I never want to see nor hear from again.


I so desperately want to ignore you right now.

With that said, I feel bad for places like Panera. I always leave at least a dollar tip for them.

readthepost said: Roxytrend said: Mine has a 8 digit number after the SCW.
SCW XXXXXXXX
I have been a Ruby's So Connected Member for while now though, maybe that's why?


I just got the online coupon and I too, have a SCW XXXXXXX code, but mine is only 7 digits long.
Also, I am a connected member sine a month ago.

Readthepost


My coupon was rejected at RT tonight because there was no code after SCW. Has anyone else run into this?

MsMay said: snowbrd84 said: I work at a Ruby Tuesdays, ill actually be at work in about an hour, just wanted to say, i know we all come here to get good deals, but just keep in mind that your servers get paid 3 dollars an hour plus tips, base your tip on the original bill, not the discounted bill. Half of my customers each day now have these coupons and i am making 20% less each week since it started. O and by the way, 15% was how much you were supposed to tip 10 years ago, 18% is the standard now, we have to pay our bills, just keep that in mind...

Try working the "RubyToGo" where people order ahead, drive up to the door and you walk out and hand them their food.
There is a 10% gratuity added on for that service.


We only use the "rubytogo" service (not worth it to pay for a babysitter and drinks). I have used this service at least 15 times and never once have they brought the food to my car. I have to go in a get it from the bar area, and the bartender usually looks for a tip? I'm going to try the coupon tonight, but I sure hope they do not tack on 10% now for curbside service when I have to go inside.

Thanks OP. Used this at lunch today, but had a problem. There were 2 of us, and one wanted a burger, so we ordered a burger, and then 2 of the specialties entrees with the B1G1. When the check came, they had separated the "discount" across the price of three meals, so the person who got the burger got part of my discount! The couldn't fix it at the register (or so they told me) and I ended up paying $4 more for the meal than if I'd have just gotten them on a separate check.

poohhairt said: My coupon was rejected at RT tonight because there was no code after SCW. Has anyone else run into this?It had my name and email address OK, but I didn't get a code either, but haven't tried the coupon ...

i got mine! thanks OP! i usually leave 20% tip.

snowbrd84 said: I work at a Ruby Tuesdays, ill actually be at work in about an hour, just wanted to say, i know we all come here to get good deals, but just keep in mind that your servers get paid 3 dollars an hour plus tips, base your tip on the original bill, not the discounted bill. Half of my customers each day now have these coupons and i am making 20% less each week since it started. O and by the way, 15% was how much you were supposed to tip 10 years ago, 18% is the standard now, we have to pay our bills, just keep that in mind...
While I agree with tipping on the amount before coupons (which I always do BTW), service workers need to realize that to earn 18%, 20%, or more, you must earn it. I agree with so many others here that keeping the $3 glass of soda topped off will probably get you there, along with a good attitude. The problem is, so many of you don't and you have no right to expect 18% let alone 15% for lousy service.

Green OP. Thanks.

Just got back from Ruby Tuesday's. Coupon worked fine without the 7 digit number. The code "SCW" was printed on my receipt.

Decent find, thanks a bunch OP. Love to eat out, but gets pretty expensive.

Signed up tonight, mine printed without a code, just SCW, we'll see how it goes....

Used mine tonight with nothing but SCW on it.

None near me.

20% tip is for great service, great food, etc. 10% at the most for anything less.

poohhairt said:

My coupon was rejected at RT tonight because there was no code after SCW. Has anyone else run into this?


I used the coupon last night. After giving the coupon to the waiter, he came back saying that the code was missing the "validation" number as he pointed at the blank after the SCW. He said that he had to get a manager to authorize it without a code (which he did), so it looks like it may vary among different RTs. (The waiter was great tonight. He completely earned his tip.)

I do agree with the concept of basing the tip on the purchase price before the discount. My guidlines for gratuities are 15 as a norm and 20 percent for good service, but bad service will receive a 10 percent tip.

What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that if a server does not make the state's minimum wage with the tips added to his salary, the business must compensate the server so he or she makes minimum wage. For example, read North Carolina's page on this issue:

NC Labor

Employers must pay more than the hourly cash wage if the tipped employee earns less than the credit in tips per hour, as it is the employer’s responsibility to make sure that all tipped employees earn at least the minimum wage in cash wages and tips.

Most servers either do not understand this fact or casually ignore it in order to sucker more money out of patrons. You shouldn't feel bad about leaving a small tip because servers are guaranteed to make minimum wage. And in some states, like my state of California, they already make minimum wage by law, so any tips they receive is in addition to minimum wage.

Thanks OP!

I have decided to tip only if the service is good. For years I always left a tip until I over heard some waiters out side a restaurant smoking say they always received tips without much effort and laughing about their crappy service.

Have you noticed the waiters seem to pay more attention to your needs just before the bill arrives?

Also off topic; ever been to Las Vegas, does everyone expect a tip? I bet the cops that give speeding tickets expect a tip!

firestorm225 said: What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that if a server does not make the state's minimum wage with the tips added to his salary, the business must compensate the server so he or she makes minimum wage. For example, read North Carolina's page on this issue:

NC Labor

Employers must pay more than the hourly cash wage if the tipped employee earns less than the credit in tips per hour, as it is the employer’s responsibility to make sure that all tipped employees earn at least the minimum wage in cash wages and tips.

Most servers either do not understand this fact or casually ignore it in order to sucker more money out of patrons. You shouldn't feel bad about leaving a small tip because servers are guaranteed to make minimum wage. And in some states, like my state of California, they already make minimum wage by law, so any tips they receive is in addition to minimum wage.


So you are saying all waitors should make miniumum wage? Why not just make them slaves?

timothy86 said: firestorm225 said: What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that if a server does not make the state's minimum wage with the tips added to his salary, the business must compensate the server so he or she makes minimum wage. For example, read North Carolina's page on this issue:

NC Labor

Employers must pay more than the hourly cash wage if the tipped employee earns less than the credit in tips per hour, as it is the employer’s responsibility to make sure that all tipped employees earn at least the minimum wage in cash wages and tips.

Most servers either do not understand this fact or casually ignore it in order to sucker more money out of patrons. You shouldn't feel bad about leaving a small tip because servers are guaranteed to make minimum wage. And in some states, like my state of California, they already make minimum wage by law, so any tips they receive is in addition to minimum wage.


So you are saying all waitors should make miniumum wage? Why not just make them slaves?


No, what I'm saying is "waitors" are dishonest when they claim they only make $3 and need tips to make minimum wage. As a matter of fact, they are guaranteed minimum wage by their employer. As for the second part, I'm saying waiters should make what the market bears. If they don't like making minimum wage, they are free to pursue other jobs. There are many workers who make minimum wage, but I never see the kind of complaining I do from the server industry.

Since I cannot embed, please view TIPPING in the style of Mr. Pink, Mr. Black, Mr. Blonde and Mr. Brown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38

NoLegs said: Have you noticed the waiters seem to pay more attention to your needs just before the bill arrives?

I had an experience recently at a TGIFs, where the bill was only $10.00 plus tax (we used a BOGOf Entree coupon). When the tax was added in, it was $10.76. I put a $20.00 bill on the table and the waiter picked it up a minute later. He came back, and to my surprise he brought two $5.00 bills as change. I was confused at first, since I should have gotten less than $10.00 back. Then I realized that it was sneaky of him to not bring dollar bills - was he hoping I would leave a $5.00 tip for the meal? The service was very much sub-par until the end, when he came twice (after we finished eating) to see if we needed anything else.

Fortunately, I had some dollar bills in my wallet and left $3.00 (15% of $20.00, the amount before the discount). Not sure he deserved that much for lousy service and then being sneaky at the end with the $5.00 bills, but he didn't have any cause to complain after we left.

I've had this experience before, like NoLegs, on multiple occasions. Suddenly the inattentive waiter gets VERY chummy at the end. Too obvious. And I always make allowances for when the restaurant is extra busy and the waiters are working hard. But there's no excuse when the place is empty and the service sucks.

Since this has gone into discussion about tipping, I'll join in. If the concept of tipping is to pay someone for providing a service, then we should tip based on how much work they do, or the value they provide, not based on the price of the meal. I'd say the late night waitress at a diner should get a bigger tip than a one-round wonder at a fancy place. Dealing with a rowdy crowd and covering half or more of the diner is a lot harder than working three tables in an expensive place with a big staff. Carrying hash browns and going back to refill ketchup is just as hard as bringing out one lobster. Why the disparity in tip between the two?

Honestly, I think when I pay over $3 for a soda, I'm pretty sure I'm paying the owner enough for him to pay his employees well. Consider a 20% tip on a $2.99 soda. With 5% tax that drink costs $3.14 and 20% of that is $.63 per drink. Multiply that times my family of 4 and the waiter gets $2.51 just for bringing a tray of drinks. Is it really worth that? Go to most buffets and they brink the drinks out, but a lot of people don't tip at all, or only tip a dollar. Most people tip the same regardless of poor service, and that's why the service sucks at most places now.

If it's about service, why don't we tip garbage men? They provide a service we really need (and wouldn't want to do for ourselves). Would you tip the firemen after they pull you out of a burning car? Probably not. The disparity in tipping has always bothered me.

I used the coupon without any problem today and tipped 20% on the total I was charged.

Would someone post a new coupon with more than the SCW code, or send a photocopy of one to me at carolina_girl_48@yahoo.com ? I am meeting friends there March 25th, so the one with 3/24 won't work for me. Thanks

Good post,Thanx!

roundabout1 said: NoLegs said: Have you noticed the waiters seem to pay more attention to your needs just before the bill arrives?

I had an experience recently at a TGIFs, where the bill was only $10.00 plus tax (we used a BOGOf Entree coupon). When the tax was added in, it was $10.76. I put a $20.00 bill on the table and the waiter picked it up a minute later. He came back, and to my surprise he brought two $5.00 bills as change. I was confused at first, since I should have gotten less than $10.00 back. Then I realized that it was sneaky of him to not bring dollar bills - was he hoping I would leave a $5.00 tip for the meal? The service was very much sub-par until the end, when he came twice (after we finished eating) to see if we needed anything else.

Fortunately, I had some dollar bills in my wallet and left $3.00 (15% of $20.00, the amount before the discount). Not sure he deserved that much for lousy service and then being sneaky at the end with the $5.00 bills, but he didn't have any cause to complain after we left.

I've had this experience before, like NoLegs, on multiple occasions. Suddenly the inattentive waiter gets VERY chummy at the end. Too obvious. And I always make allowances for when the restaurant is extra busy and the waiters are working hard. But there's no excuse when the place is empty and the service sucks.

Since the waiter gave you two $5 bills when you were only supposed to get $9.24, that means you already got 76 cents. Therefore, leaving $3 actually means you left $2.24 tip on a meal that had a gross price of $20. That sounds like about 10% to me.

His choice to be sneaky and leave 2 $5.00 bills, not mine.

His service was sub-par, to say the least (really deserved no tip). Even 10% was too much in this case. Did the $0.76 come from his pocket? Who knows. I know I won't be going back to that TGIF anytime soon, if ever. I try to be fair and give the service the benefit of the doubt, but the place was slow that night, and he didn't even try. To be that obvious at the end of the meal by doing what he did, turned me off.

This BOGO does not exist anymore. Appears dead. I signed up, entered in my info and it just said CONGRATS!

timothy86 said: So you are saying all waitors should make miniumum wage? Why not just make them slaves?No, I think he said that all waiters should (and do) make at least minimum wage.

Didnt work for me... Odd.

DamnoIT said: snowbrd84 said: I work at a Ruby Tuesdays, ill actually be at work in about an hour, just wanted to say, i know we all come here to get good deals, but just keep in mind that your servers get paid 3 dollars an hour plus tips, base your tip on the original bill, not the discounted bill. Half of my customers each day now have these coupons and i am making 20% less each week since it started. O and by the way, 15% was how much you were supposed to tip 10 years ago, 18% is the standard now, we have to pay our bills, just keep that in mind...

I understand that 15% is an earned amount and should be usually given off the full ticket for proper service. I am not sure where the 18% figure recently was arrives at. The food prices are pretty hefty and they up the tip pay. A good waiter will make some nice takehome for cash tips if they work hard @ 15% - 18% is not justified unless given really good service, 20% for exceptional sing you a song shine your shoe service. On that note do people tip the to go at your place?


I agree, my friends wanted to leave a $45 on a $120 bill...they argued for awhile and refused to take back the money lol

If Ruby's wants customers, they should have a BOGO coupon that includes the salad bar along with a reasonably priced entry or burger.

Well I signed up to join, confirmed my email address and it still won't let me download the coupon.

i had to sign in to gie you red...

I hope that you claim 100% of your tips for tax purpose and that you have never stiffed the busser. of course you never have.....18% gosh you must be making $50K....I bet the IRS would be interested in listening to you stating that 18% is now the standard tipping rate...

snowbrd84 said: I work at a Ruby Tuesdays, ill actually be at work in about an hour, just wanted to say, i know we all come here to get good deals, but just keep in mind that your servers get paid 3 dollars an hour plus tips, base your tip on the original bill, not the discounted bill. Half of my customers each day now have these coupons and i am making 20% less each week since it started. O and by the way, 15% was how much you were supposed to tip 10 years ago, 18% is the standard now, we have to pay our bills, just keep that in mind...



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014