LA Fitness 3 years for $600 YMMV

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I called LA fitness in Mesa Arizona today to see what kind of special they have to retain their customers (been with them for 2 years now) and they said that for $600 (price for 2 years) you get the 3rd year for free. If you leave LA fitness during the 3 years, you get the prorated amount credited back to you.

I believe this is a hot deal but unsure about spending $600 right off the bat.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

There are always deals on gym memberships. I wouldn't want to lock-in for that long with anyone. What if you lose your job and find another one across the country. Then what?

"If you leave LA fitness during the 3 years, you get the prorated amount credited back to you."

chulojw said: There are always deals on gym memberships. I wouldn't want to lock-in for that long with anyone. What if you lose your job and find another one across the country. Then what?

Ummm...

bigdinkel said: If you leave LA fitness during the 3 years, you get the prorated amount credited back to you.

LA fitness is the worst for returning money. I wanted to cancel and it took them 3 months to cancel. Wanted me to call some Newport beach CA number. They didn't cancel after several calls. Resulted in dispute with my CC and a mess.

May not be comparing apples to apples, but 24hr Fitness has a 2-year membership in Costco for $299, and it's for all clubs in the US (excluding the very top tier ones - which are few and far between anyway) as well as their international affiliate, California Fitness; in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia...etc.

24hr Fitness may not be as glitzy as LA Fitness, but they're decent gyms.

And California Fitness gyms are definitely up there in the "glitzy" range.

I am looking for discounted LA fitness membership.they offer $30 a month membership for all clubs. Anyone got a better deal?

Liming said: I am looking for discounted LA fitness membership.they offer $30 a month membership for all clubs. Anyone got a better deal?

Thats the best Ive heard is 30 a month.

I got $299 for 14 months every time for the past 4 years.

i just signed up the 3 year $600 deal. I can cancel it only if I moved to an area that does not have LA fitness with 25 miles.

king0fSpades said: LA fitness is the worst for returning money. I wanted to cancel and it took them 3 months to cancel. Wanted me to call some Newport beach CA number. They didn't cancel after several calls. Resulted in dispute with my CC and a mess.
They returned mine in a week

what u make them to return so qucikly? the reason u leave?

LA Fitness's customer service sucks! we've had a family membership forever. now with the economic downturn, I went back to ask if they would lower their price, and they said no. 24hour fitness has a Costco deal 2yrs for $299 or if you call them, they have a 3yr for $599 and annual renewals at $100, which is a great deal in my opinion. we pay $30/mo at LA Fitness, so we'll be leaving.

any opinion on 24-hour fitness?

By the agreement, u can get refund if you are 25 miles away from the gym. Look like this is not the case. However, you did it.

Is is $30/month for whole family members or just one person?

Baily has a deal $18/month. Is LA fitness better than 24 hours and Baily?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014