• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Yes this requires a 2 year new subscriber agreement and $100 mail in rebate.
Yes both of those requirements are a pain and certainly negate this as being a hot deal for everyone.

But

It is a good deal for those looking for a BlackBerry Curve updated model on T-Mobile. When this phone originally launched on Amazon it was briefly $49 then doubled to $99 (all after 2yr and rebate).

Now it seems Amazon has lowered the price to $29 (after 2yr and rebate).

Key features on this phone:

- Wi-Fi
- UMA (uses phone and data over Wi-Fi and offers an option for $9.99 to get unlimited incoming/outgoing UMA voice calling)
- Latest OS 4.6
- Upgraded Curve form factor

On the down side to this deal is the fact that the gadget sites have been showing slightly different versions of this phone (Niagara) that are rumored to launch soonish on either Verizon or AT&T.

Link - BlackBerry 8900 Curve $29 via Amazon

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone know if this is applicable to an upgrade? I would assume not, but I can't find anything on the Amazon page about being a current customer, requiring new service, or the possibility of this being an upgrade.

Also, this isn't a 3G phone so performance on data will not the same as other new phones... I'd wait if you can for the new Sidekick that may have corporate mail worked out now that Danger (maker of sidekick) is owned by Microsoft. Otherwise, wait as the other poster said about the upcoming blackberry's.

If price is major concern, good phone for sure. If you can go ATT, go with the bold which is superior blackberry to 8900.

Actually, the choice of whether the Bold is "superior" will be a matter of personal preference. It can be argued that some may prefer the smaller form factor and keyboard of the 8900. However, you are absolutely correct that it isn't a 3G phone which is going to be a little sad when it comes to AT&T later this year.

When I go to check out it says it is $200, so it's not working any longer. I ended up getting the Samsung Impression because it's free and does not even require any rebates from Naked Wireless. The Samsung Impression also has both Touch Screen and sliding keyboard which I think is better then the keyboard out like the Blackberry package. Any one know if Blackberry coming out with device with sliding keyboard?

We're sorta going off on a tangent here but to answer your question, RIM filed a patent for a BlackBerry "slider" last February. However, there have been no further reports of this so it's anyone's guess as to whether RIM will actually follow up on this.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014