Official Best Buy BB AD PREVIEW Thread

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newest(Best Buy ad scan April 26 - May 2) ad this week Newest

Here is the Best Buy ad for April 19 - 25. Enjoy!
linkified
I don't see any hot deals. Oh well, it is still better than this week's Circuit City Ad
LOL

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Check out the new Slingbox ad. ;]

iPhown (Apr. 25, 2009 @ 6:41p) |

I have never had a problem getting a price match. Best Buy is also good about the no interest deals. I have even taken... (more)

NubbyGunz (Apr. 25, 2009 @ 8:02p) |

I'm in the same boat. Even if take $200 off the price of one of their ridiculously overpriced TVs by using my gift card,... (more)

Carnivore (Apr. 25, 2009 @ 10:08p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

what a waste of paper. Come on BB you can do a lot better!

Thanks OP for your work!

and I just got those 10-15 % off coupons in the mail too. While I don't see anything to exciting, I do appreciate you putting up the ad. thanks.

well since now BB has kinda monopolize the market(due to CC's death) they really dont have to take out good deals weekly(no competition), so we are pretty much screwed lol(i guess our only hope is wally-world, i mean WalMart)

guys don't give up on Bestbuy
maybe one day BB will turn to Ch. 11 too

I'm a little slow today after the irs. Didn't know whta channel 11 have to do with electronic store and then it hit me with the IRS and chapter 11 took about a minute...

fatwalletuab said: guys don't give up on Bestbuy

whats the 15% off one for? And why did you get it? rewardzone?

tuan2 said: I'm a little slow today after the irs. Didn't know whta channel 11 have to do with electronic store and then it hit me with the IRS and chapter 11 took about a minute...

don't tell me u did turn on the tv and look for channel 11

AdmiralBird said: whats the 15% off one for? And why did you get it? rewardzone?

Come to think of it, I think before they used to slip in a 12%. (my mistake mentioning 15%) sorry.

I just opened it, and it is from the rewardzone. But now they are all 10%

valid on TVs? i think my mom gets those

Most companies aren't acting like they are hurting from the economy, if they were I would hope we would see better prices.

Best buy will never hit Chapter 11 without a competitor. They are the reason that Circuit City had to.

Does anyone know if BB ever puts their Asus laptops on sale? The specs seem really good for the price, but I don't want to wait for a sale that will never come.

A few more days and you could just check the real ads on Best Buy's site. It's not like you can buy this stuff before it goes on sale anyway. Work smarter, not harder.

Quatrix said: A few more days and you could just check the real ads on Best Buy's site. It's not like you can buy this stuff before it goes on sale anyway. Work smarter, not harder.

a true engineer

Thanks for the information.

I've had a $100 Best Buy gift card kicking around for a few months (from corporate because of the tomtom GPS deal gone wrong). I absolutely can NOT find a way to use it. Anything that I've thought of buying is ~20% cheaper elsewhere.

Quatrix said: A few more days and you could just check the real ads on Best Buy's site. It's not like you can buy this stuff before it goes on sale anyway. Work smarter, not harder.

Work harder ? Then you are missing the FW spirit. There are "ways" to take advantage of these posts, thanks OP.

fatwalletuab said: I don't see any hot deals.

Then why post in hot deals forum? Amazing.

Well best buy isnt doin to good even though CC shut down, thre laying off all there department supervisors and giving them severence! only allowing 2 department heads per store now! not a good sign!

Izpoof said: fatwalletuab said: I don't see any hot deals.

Then why post in hot deals forum? Amazing.

my thoughts exactly

AdmiralBird said: valid on TVs? i think my mom gets those

Yes - but I believe the 10% discount is taken off the REGULAR PRICE ONLY.

Bestbuy is just an showroom for me now. If you really need to have it now I guess you can pay the bestbuy premium, but I rather just wait out the shipping buying online.

Worst case, at least I have Fry's nearby.

jlmcgraw said: Best buy will never hit Chapter 11 without a competitor. They are the reason that Circuit City had to.

Do you think Circuit City was Best Buy's only competitor?
What about the entire internet where most things can be had 20% cheaper or Costco where you don't have to worry about a hot headed manager giving you a hard time with a return and charging you a 15% restocking fee to boot.

im not too comfortable buying a 1500-2000 dollar item online. I would rather buy it in store so I can see it before I buy it, return it and get a new one if its broken (without paying for super crazy shipping)...so in that regard, I think Circuit City was best buy's only competitor (in my area anyway). I live in Connecticut and I think the only other retail stores were Bernies and Tweeter. Bernies has always been more expensive than best buy (in my experience) and tweeter is gone so that leaves best buy. Sears is still around as is WalMart but I always felt CC and BB competed pretty directly and exclusively with each other when it came to promotions and sales.

edit: its not the price that makes me uncomfortable online...i have bought stuff more expensive....its the nature of the product. TVs (which is what my post is in reference to) and their dead pixels and fuzzy corners and such

MangoGT said: I've had a $100 Best Buy gift card kicking around for a few months (from corporate because of the tomtom GPS deal gone wrong). I absolutely can NOT find a way to use it. Anything that I've thought of buying is ~20% cheaper elsewhere.

I've had a $100 one (a gift) since November and I have the same problem. I think I spent $10 so far, but I can't find anything priced as good as I can get them from Newegg, Staples or frys deals.

BadBuy.

fatwalletuab said: tuan2 said: I'm a little slow today after the irs. Didn't know whta channel 11 have to do with electronic store and then it hit me with the IRS and chapter 11 took about a minute...

don't tell me u did turn on the tv and look for channel 11

LOL!!

jlmcgraw said: Best buy will never hit Chapter 11 without a competitor. They are the reason that Circuit City had to.

Online sales are the primary reason, then Circuit City, imho

I am hoping that HH Gregg does well in expanding (4 stores here in Raleigh now). We will have to see what Tiger Direct plans to do with Circuit City's name. Not thrilled on the quality, but if they can at least make a dent in Best Buy's market, maybe we will get some competition. Perhaps we need a bunch of "Barry"s to go shopping at Best Buy again... (for those that don't get the reference, remember the article on Best Buy profiling from a few years ago...)

MangoGT said: I've had a $100 Best Buy gift card kicking around for a few months (from corporate because of the tomtom GPS deal gone wrong). I absolutely can NOT find a way to use it. Anything that I've thought of buying is ~20% cheaper elsewhere.

Ya I have a $20 gift card for BB, I gave it away because it is worth $0 to me for that same reason.

Thanks for posting,will be there this weekend

have to .. only MOD left in my store..
luluboo said: Thanks for posting,will be there this weekend

Thanks for the post.

MangoGT said: I've had a $100 Best Buy gift card kicking around for a few months (from corporate because of the tomtom GPS deal gone wrong). I absolutely can NOT find a way to use it. Anything that I've thought of buying is ~20% cheaper elsewhere.I have a $15 on-line coupon from the backpack deal that got canceled a few weeks ago that I have to use by April 19th.

Anybody have any suggestions? A 4 GB flash drive? A DVD? Any good deals on accessories or BOGO movies or CDs?

fatwalletuab said: Here is the Best Buy ad for April 19 - 25. Enjoy!
linkified
I don't see any hot deals. Oh well, it is still better than this week's Circuit City Ad
LOL

Your link to the CC ad is no good, please redo.

Not to say that Best Buy Deals were great before, but especially since CC went out of business, they have become worse. I guess they have the monopoly in most markets since they are the ones with the showrooms and most stores. Not everyone goes to Costco because of membership and not everyone has an ABT around them or a Microcenter to go to and of course Best Buy always has the lousiest coupons

no not really

i use BB to only to check things and if i like i buy from online...

podunk320 said: well since now BB has kinda monopolize the market(due to CC's death) they really dont have to take out good deals weekly(no competition), so we are pretty much screwed lol(i guess our only hope is wally-world, i mean WalMart)B

all people who gave green would you explain why?

thanx

Skipping 20 Messages...

I'm in the same boat. Even if take $200 off the price of one of their ridiculously overpriced TVs by using my gift card, it's STILL no cheaper than buying a comparable (often better) model elsewhere.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014