four burners, including 12,000-BTU side burner
porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates
professional grade temperature gauge
insulated stainless steel hood
four stainless steel tube burners
integrated Piezo igniter
porcelain coated steel warming rack
easy assembly, tools included
lifetime manufacturer's warranty on stainless steel; one year on all other parts
Cover$12.99

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
My wife and I absolutely love this grill! We just got done using our new Range Master grill from Aldi. Superb steaks, po... (more)

Garnier1 (May. 02, 2009 @ 6:02p) |

I read your comment in it's entirety. We couldn't agree more. I was slightly nervous about getting the Range Master...es... (more)

Garnier1 (May. 02, 2009 @ 6:12p) |

Do you work for Brinkmann? Ths grill is less than impressive out of the box!!! Takes forever to get up to temp even with... (more)

GrillDad (May. 03, 2009 @ 2:08p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Aldi
Disclaimer
Gardenline Outdoor Swing $74.99 this week
Link

Butcherboy said: Gardenline Outdoor Swing $74.99 this week
Link

Hmm, tempting. Spring is here...

Any specs or reviews on this thing? I've never heard of Range Master grills, plus I need to know if it would fit into the space I use to store my BBQ.

A close up photo of the "porcelin coated cast iron grates" would be good, too. I've seen ads for other grills stating theirs is "cast iron" but it is just thin coated steel that will quickly rust around the edges. If it is really the 3/4"-plus thick cast iron grates, that would be great. I did a thorough internet search using Google and Yahoo, and couldn't find any info about the grill or manufacturer other than what Aldi advertises. I'd like to see more info because I don't think Aldi provides a display model.

I wonder if the company is related to this Range Master.

Range Master grill
Disclaimer
At first I thought for sure that this Range Master grill was part of the Rangemaster line linked above. But the Aldi listing says Range Master, with a space between the two words and the image shows the words seperated also. The other company is Rangemaster, with no space. I can't find any reference to Range Master gas grills on the web except links back to Fatwallet LOL.

Found the attached photo at an auction site. This is not the model in question but it does say Range Master "Made in USA". That's interesting.

For anyone who has shopped around...what would this type of grill cost elsewhere...I'm a gas grill dummy!

It looks and sounds nearly identical to this Brinkmann at Wall Mart:

http://www.WalMart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10828954

Brinkmann, Charmglow and a couple of others all are very similar

Walmart BBQ $198.00
Disclaimer

ALDI BBQ $169.99
Disclaimer
Bargainator said: It looks and sounds nearly identical to this Brinkmann at Wall Mart:

http://www.WalMart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10828954

Brinkmann, Charmglow and a couple of others all are very similar

Thanks Bargainator for all your hard work....

You may also want to check out
10-Foot Offset Umbrella $59.99

Mens and Ladies' Polo Shirts $5.99

Went to Aldi today but at my Aldi the new products don't come in until Wednesday.
They had the fire pit made by Range Master for sale. The Range Master brand is made for distribution by Aldi's directly, that's why we can't find any info on the brand.
A worker there said she bought the same model last year and is happy with it.
So, anyone that has seen or bought one of these today please give us your impressions. Also if someone bought one last year give us a review on how you like it.
I really need a new grill but this Aldi is 40 miles away, not worth another drive unless I'm buying it.
Thanks in advance.

geeWally said: Went to Aldi today but at my Aldi the new products don't come in until Wednesday.
They had the fire pit made by Range Master for sale. The Range Master brand is made for distribution by Aldi's directly, that's why we can't find any info on the brand.
A worker there said she bought the same model last year and is happy with it.
So, anyone that has seen or bought one of these today please give us your impressions. Also if someone bought one last year give us a review on how you like it.
I really need a new grill but this Aldi is 40 miles away, not worth another drive unless I'm buying it.
Thanks in advance.

Map may help some, with day ad starts in your state.
Link

Plus there are rebates posted in the Grocery forum for a grill purchase to exceed $198. One is for $25 and another in for $75.

I purchased one of these grills from ALDI yesterday.

I unpacked and was very unhappy to find out that I am missing several parts:

1) The Cooking Grills
2) Heat Distribution Plates

Also, The top cover which is stainless steel, has rust looking spots already on it.

A paper in the box stated to call 800-527-0717 for service or visit grillpartsonline.com if you are missing parts etc. They have the hours of operation listed on the paper, but they are incorrect. They also say to leave a message and your phone call will be returned daily even if after hours. I called on Sunday to leave a message and after a pre-recorded message stating their hours, I was disconnected.

I called back this morning (Monday) to speak to someone and was directed to enter a return phone number and I my call would be returned in the order in which it was received. I called at 9:30 EST and it is now almost 1:00 in the afternoon and I have not heard a response.

On their website, they list several phone numbers, all go to the same system.

The model number for this grill is: 810-9419-R which isn't even listed on any of their websites for warranty information or purchasing.

I'll post back here with updates when I have them.

Anyone else having issues?

-Frustrated

these are brinkmann grills repackaged for aldi. very similar to the 2500 series, but without the under-grill storage. picked one up today, and the manual/pack-in literature refers to brinkmann and brinkmann.net multiple times. be warned, the box is very big. had to have one of the managers haul it out to our car and unpack part of it.

brinkmann grills similar to the 2500 series
Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Disclaimer
monkeypox8 said: these are brinkmann grills repackaged for aldi. very similar to the 2500 series, but without the under-grill storage. picked one up today, and the manual/pack-in literature refers to brinkmann and brinkmann.net multiple times. be warned, the box is very big. had to have one of the managers haul it out to our car and unpack part of it.

If it is a rebadged Brinkman 2500 the reviews HEREare not favorable.I appreciate the observations of those who have purchased one of these.

Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting on this folks! I appreciate it! - CJ

I agree that it is a re-badged Brinkmann. The part number listed above of 810-9419-R matches their website as far as part number series go. (look under parts) I don't think it is a 2500 though. It looks much more like the Wal-Mart 8300 which gets good reviews from ConsumerSearch.com They place it #1 of the budget brands. My father has had the Wal-Mart version for a year now and he loves it. If you have and Aldi close by, it sounds much better then a $700 Weber which is what I want but my wallet is not that fat. (pun intended)

Greeting to All,
I just finished assembling the "Range Master" Model 810-9419-B gas grill from Aldi's $169.99 (or "Brinkman" - Indeed the assembly user manual states www.brinkman.net for accessories ). Right now I'm burning it in -- in a few words:
A Great Buy ! At this price it's hard to complain about its mini-size grease catch pan and the fact that it appears to be using lesser grade stainless steel ( it's very magnetic ). At this point I'd give it 4 1/2 to 5 stars out of 5.

The link mentioned above to the bad ? ....doesn't work for me -
so I used google to search the site "site:gardenweb.com brinkman" and found some complaints about regulators which sounds to me like air in the line - NOT bad regulators. If you open the gas valve very quickly on a new line full of air some "safety orientated" regulators stop the gas flow altogether. As for parts -- I'm not a Brinkman salesman or rep -- and I hate paying big prices for dinky parts especially if I have to listen to some stupid telephone machine....so I am sympathetic to this.

-- so if and when I need parts for this grill I'd go third party -- it's not hard to retrofit if needed. This grill is indeed heavy duty -- so I expect many years (5-10 ?) before any major rebuild. Depends on use, etc ....

It's funny though that the Chinese builders include a "MATCH HOLDER" and even have it chained one of the back legs of this grill -- as if to say, "WHEN" you have problems with our piezo-electric igniter use this match holder -- instead of IF

The 4 main and side accessory burner produce very clean flame and with the included thermometer it heats to over 700 deg F in about 8 minutes or so ! ( it was windy ! ) This baby really cranks out the BTU ! The thermometer range is 100 deg F to 800 deg F. The burners are tubular Stainless Steel not the flat pan/U-Type burners. In my opinion these are a more elegant design as for longevity because they have less surface area to corrode. Some would argue that "flame zone" is thereby limited with a tubular shape instead of flat pan type burner. However -- this Aldi/Range Master model has the heat deflectors over the burners which shield the burners from drippings -- and at the same time spread the heat over the entire 650 sq inch cooking area. ( Too bad about the guy who was missing these parts -- I wondered if he just missed them in the packaging - they use a LOT of it -- it's very well packed )
The "heat deflectors" will act like what the over-priced Weber calls "flavor bars". One thing you will also notice right away is that there is little if any room for lava rock -- so if you are stuck on using lava rock -- then don't buy this model. In my opinion and others that I asked about this -- lava rock serves to absorb grease and cause little fires rather than contributing thermal mass. If you want to hold heat -- add some 1 inch thick fire brick.

Assembly was straight forward as gas grills go ... there's a few steps that I'd argue with -- e.g. pound the feet on the legs before assembly - it's easier. The makers in China even include a screwdriver and flat wrench to install the 20 provided screws. Not surprisingly, it's the legs and side tables that need assembly. What IS a nice surpise though is that the main four burners are pre-assembled as is the main cooking chamber.

Another great feature is the gas tank holder - which is an inset semi-spherical heavy duty rubber/plastic piece that firmly grips the tank ( could be problem for oversize or 30 # tanks - not sure ) -- So when you roll this grill arount as we often do -- the tank is not bouncing around and potentially tugging on the hose connections.

All in all I'm very happy with this purchase .....so far anyway -- but I haven't cooked on it yet !
You might then say -- my review is worthless -- but ..... I believe that I know a good grill when I see one and
this is a great deal.

Duso02 said: I agree that it is a re-badged Brinkmann. The part number listed above of 810-9419-R matches their website as far as part number series go. (look under parts) I don't think it is a 2500 though. It looks much more like the Wal-Mart 8300 which gets good reviews from ConsumerSearch.com They place it #1 of the budget brands. My father has had the Wal-Mart version for a year now and he loves it. If you have and Aldi close by, it sounds much better then a $700 Weber which is what I want but my wallet is not that fat. (pun intended)

I think you're right; I just searched for whatever looked close to it on brinkmann's website, and that was the closest they had. the one big difference I noticed is that Wal-Mart's 8300 has 3 main burners + the side burner while the range master has 4 mains + the side burner.

for anyone picking this up, make sure you get the $12.99 grill cover too. perfect fit, good construction/material, and cheap to boot.

My wife and I absolutely love this grill! We just got done using our new Range Master grill from Aldi. Superb steaks, potatoes and brocoli...No need to cook in the kitchen with this little gem. We are very happy. The grill is right around $170 bucks and worth every penny!!!

I read your comment in it's entirety. We couldn't agree more. I was slightly nervous about getting the Range Master...especially after reading so many negeative comments about it. I thought we might be in for trouble. Assembly was quick and easy. All the parts were in the box. Like you said, they really package the box very well. All in all it was quick and painless constructing it. I've got to say that it cooked delicious steaks, potatoes and broccoli for our very first time using it tonight. We love our new grill!
I am sure you will find that you too, will enjoy the grilling experience.

I just wish I would have purchased the grill cover...LOL!

Do you work for Brinkmann? Ths grill is less than impressive out of the box!!! Takes forever to get up to temp even with correctly functioning burners. Hopefully it cooks better than its first impression out of the box!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014