• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Aquapel applicator
Disclaimer
I tried this a few months ago at regular price and saw it reduced today to $9.97 for a 4 pack. As a huge Rain-X fan, I was surprised to find that I am still going strong after 3 months with Aquapel! This stuff sells for $5.95 per applicator on Amazon. Costco item #325131.
More info on Aquapel website Aquapel
How it Works

Using technology innovated for the aviation industry, Aquapel Glass Treatment forms a chemical bond with the glass which increases water repellency, causing water to bead and easily shed off the glass. These fluorinated compounds apply in just minutes to a clean, dry windshield or any exterior glass surface, and lasts up to 6 times longer than silicone-based products.

Additionally, Aquapel Glass Treatment remains highly effective after months of normal use, including heavy rain and snow, car washing, glass cleaning and salt spray.
How to use Aquapel

Aquapel® Glass Treatment was developed by PPG Industries, leaders in glass technology. When applied to a vehicle windshield, this innovative product improves vision in the rain, day and night. Aquapel forms a chemical bond with glass, unlike other products that simply coat glass. As a result, Aquapel can last up to 6 times longer than other products. One application can last for months!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Use the Rain-X on the side windows.

killme2 (Jul. 24, 2009 @ 8:01p) |

Bought two at Indy, $4.97 each.

Mingzhou (Jul. 26, 2009 @ 10:19p) |

ty! so far! so good!

MISURICK (Jul. 26, 2009 @ 11:35p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP....

i love this thing
honda dealer is $10 each.
this is hot hot
last me ~6 month

I bought this on clearence at Target a month ago for about $3. even the Liquid Diamond car polish I bought for $7 can be applied onto glass, so only time will tell if this Aquapel is superior to Rain-x and other glass treatment.

DOH!

I just bought 15 bottles of rain-x at targets on clearance for $1.xx/bottle.

will have to wait until I use all that up before I can try this.

Hmm, wonder how well this will work for diving masks or swimming goggles for anti fogging

Cool. I really want to try this. @ 10 bucks for 4 apps this is a really great deal.

Based on my reading Aquapel remains effective on the windows much longer than Rain-X.

If you can believe what you read take the rain-x back and get the Aquapel. This from someone who loves Rain-X

TYOP!

Aquapel does last much longer than Rain-X. I've been using it for 5 years. Treatments lasts sometimes 6-months - year, especially after the 1st initial application & then doing a retreatment say 4 months later [fill-in the gaps of what you missed initially, then reinforce what you've had on before].

You definitely want to work the product onto the window though.

I just bought the 4 pack of aquapel from my local costco last week at $15.xx. Went back today and it was the same price. This is the Orland Park, IL location. Where did you get yours from?

Regular price ($15) at my costcos in MI.

Got one. Thanks OP.

Original price was 12.99

I picked up mine in Brentwood, TN.

Does Sam's Club sell this?

killme2 said: Does Sam's Club sell this?

NO

Try rubbing shampoo on your windshield. It contains anhydrous & water beads off, as well. Same works on preventing steamed up mirrors in the show. Old tips from Heloise.

I picked up this 4-pack of Aquapel a couple months ago when it was $16.97. I followed the directions to the letter and was massively disappointed by the results. There's no difference between the windshield and the windows that didn't get the treatment.

A longer-lasting Rain-X type of effect would have been great, maybe I just got a bad batch or something.

horseapples said: I picked up this 4-pack of Aquapel a couple months ago when it was $16.97. I followed the directions to the letter and was massively disappointed by the results. There's no difference between the windshield and the windows that didn't get the treatment.

A longer-lasting Rain-X type of effect would have been great, maybe I just got a bad batch or something.

It does sound like something was wrong...
This is good stuff. RainX is great, this does just as good of a job only lasts longer. I gotta find some time to get to costco to see if they have any in my area.

Went to a Costco in IL and it was still $16.

Just bought at the Brandon, FL Costco for $9.97

$4.97 at the seattle costco!

mingm said: $4.97 at the seattle costco!

ty! 'll check !

oops !

This was $9.97 in South San Francisco - I imagine it's the same price in the Bay Area Costcos

owl79 said: This was $9.97 in South San Francisco - I imagine it's the same price in the Bay Area Costcos

Picked one up on 7/18/09 for $4.97 in South San Francisco (Costco by the airport).

$4.97 - Glenview, IL

$4.97 is a great price. I need to pick some up!

MISURICK said: $4.97 - Glenview, IL

Same price in Mount Prospect, IL. 325131. Picked up 5 packs today. At least 200 left on the pallets. This stuff is amazing. I had considered it when they wanted $24/4 pack, but just under $5 is a no-brainer. Minivan windshield needed 2 applicators.

scoobydooby said: MISURICK said: $4.97 - Glenview, IL

Same price in Mount Prospect, IL. 325131. Picked up 5 packs today. At least 200 left on the pallets. This stuff is amazing. I had considered it when they wanted $24/4 pack, but just under $5 is a no-brainer. Minivan windshield needed 2 applicators.

so - ?! - one applicator per regular car shield ? - wouldn't be enough for rear window too ?! tyia!

I just washed my windows with Windex. I then dried off with paper towels. I then used this product and got a funny smell and it looked as if smoke was coming off. The smell almost smelled like vinegar and baking soda together.

Make sure you use this is a well ventilated area cause it stinks.

Havent tested it with water but my Costco had for $4.97 also. Tons of them.

wolfsmane said: DOH!

I just bought 15 bottles of rain-x at targets on clearance for $1.xx/bottle.

will have to wait until I use all that up before I can try this.

Aquapel is RainX on steroids. Not even close, it lasts MUCH longer.

Use the Rain-X on the side windows.

Bought two at Indy, $4.97 each.

killme2 said: Use the Rain-X on the side windows.

ty! so far! so good!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014