LG steam washer and Dryer deal

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
YMMV but sure shot!!!
I have been shopping for a LG steam Washer and Dryer for a while now. There has been some serious price mark down on highly rated WM2487 RED Washer/Dryer only. its anywhere from $800 (open box) to $999 (new) @ HomeDepot/bestbuy STORES ONLY. Wm2487 are being discontinued. Both stores running out of stocks in NJ.
Now..here is the HOT DEAL:-
Home Depot in 08854 was kind enough to sub WM2801 Washer and Dryer (sale price marked $1349 each,LGs second best steam model in the market) for the same price and gave 10%off on top of that (usual Lowe's coupons or HD credit card sign up)

Also.. 5yr warranty at HD is $200 for BOTH . Beating BB's $250 and Sears above $600!!

If anyone is looking for 'steam' washer...this is the best deal around!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary

What was the final deal? Do you have a receipt scan?

Holy! If this is really true I'm getting them tomorrow, we have been looking to get a steam set for a while now!

I got these at BB a few months ago for 899 and 999 respectively for the dryer and the washer.

They are nothing but goodness.

They also had the 18 months no interest payment

As with all front loaders, wipe them down with every wash, drain the lizard hoze every once in a while, and use those afresh tablets every so often to keep things clean.

We love them.

We got $150 for a 10+ W/D on craigslist so we factored that into the price.

What is the "deal" here? What did you pay for the WM2801? Home Depot has no advertised sales on the 2487 so why would they sub a higher end model? Looking to jump on a set but I am not understanding this.

ash =o)

Ash and java programmer...I paid 2262 with NJ tax, 5 yr warranty on both, delivery, installation and some kinda dryer kit and 10% off coupon.
They look cool! Did three laundries and I can tell you...they are amazing machines. Lot more Quite and impressive! a Bit expansive for steam but sure worth!

too expensive for my blood

I checked this out and I dont think this deal is legit. Cost on the washer/dryer is about what you claim to have paid out the door including tax, delivery and a 5 year warranty. Why would they be willing to LOSE a couple hundred bucks and give you a 5 year warranty? I picked them up for $2100 before tax, got the pedestals for $190 each and added the warranty. That is about the best deal you can legitimately get right now.

ash =o)

area201 said: Ash and java programmer...I paid 2262 Think I will go my whole life without spending 2262 on washers and dryers.

$500 a set for washer and dryer is the most anyone should pay, and yes you can even get front loaders for that much
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=18&threadid=675080

The Goodwill sells reliable, used American made units for $50

These new fancy front loaders will do nothing but breakdown.

SUCKISSTAPLES said: area201 said: Ash and java programmer...I paid 2262 Think I will go my whole life without spending 2262 on washers and dryers.

$500 a set for washer and dryer is the most anyone should pay, and yes you can even get front loaders for that much
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=18&thre...

The Goodwill sells reliable, used American made units for $50

These new fancy front loaders will do nothing but breakdown.

if you wear good-will clothes then a $500 washer is all you need.

some of us have to dress up (or like to).

"Good" clothes get dry cleaned.

No matter what kind of machine washable clothes you wear, you dont need $2600 of washers and dryers to dress up. Anyone who has convinced you otherwise is a great salesman

Uhhh... do you have a a wife? I got these because our old washer/dryer was tearing up clothes. The life of the washer is much less of an issue than the life of the clothes. All a matter of perspective I guess but when you are spending a ton of money on new clothes every year for your family, a washer/dryer that keeps them clean and in terrific shape is worth the money. These are among the best reviewed units.

In general, your argument is really silly anyway. You can take your position about anything. I promise that whatever car you drive, I can find one a lot cheaper that will still get you from point A to point B. The computer you used to post this? Same thing. Why not get one from Goodwill? Seriously... why the heck are you even posting in this thread?

ash =o)

I can get a pair of briefs at Goodwill for like $.10. Still, I choose to pay like 20 times that for new ones.

Please don't take this as a shot at the deal, but when I was shopping for a steam W&D, I found that the LG brand needed to have the water manually added to the dryer. Is that still true? That seems like kinda a pain(if you don't have a sink nearby). The Maytag and Samsung brands hook directly to your water supply. I picked up my Maytag set for $817 a piece at Ultimate Electronics.

Still, this is a good deal.

No need to manually add water, what a joke that would be. These units are great, not as fast as the Electrolux but build is better, oddly.

ash =o)

Went by Sears, Best Buy, Home Depot and then Best Buy again last night.

Sears had the 2487 in Red as closeout floor models for $1750+tax for the washer and gas dryer. Brand new units from Sears were $1040 each (price-matched).

We had the luck of meeting a cool guy at Best Buy...he offered the 2487 new in white for $1000 but unfortunately they did not have the gas dryer in their system, only electric. He offered the steam gas dryer for the next step up for $950...so $1950 brand new for the pair.

We ended up settling for the LG WM2101 (sale price of $765 at Sears) + matching gas dryer (sale price of $765 at Sears) for $610 (washer) + $700 (gas dryer) + $99 3 yr in-home warranty for the washer + $30 installation + tax = $1561.

just follow up on this....
So far everyone in house impressed!
People loved the look
no issue to report at all

A quick aside about the water hoze connection to some steam dryers.....i.e. samsung.
You really want wanter going into a machine that has 220 volts? Also 2 other places for water to leak?
I think I would prefer the LG with the canister of water. My sink is nearby. How often are you going to steam something? Probably not that often. Just my opinion. Nice comments pro and con.

rhouse1938 said: A quick aside about the water hoze connection to some steam dryers.....i.e. samsung.
You really want wanter going into a machine that has 220 volts? Also 2 other places for water to leak?
I think I would prefer the LG with the canister of water. My sink is nearby. How often are you going to steam something? Probably not that often. Just my opinion. Nice comments pro and con.

Guess you're not a fan of electric hot water heaters as well? LOL

I had LG washer and dryer but switched to GE due to LG's high repair costs (they epoxy the motherboards so nobody can repair them unless they use new LG parts). However, I'm regretting going to GE since LG's were way quieter and the build quality of the GE's is just not great.

These steam dryers are a great idea but you'll still need an iron to get the creases right on a shirt and pants, don't forget that. It's the same as if you just damp dry your clothes and iron them before hanging them up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014