• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LINK

Reg price = $89.95
On Sale for $71.96 Free Shipping and you get a free box of Muffin Mix

If you Purchase 2, the unit price goes down to $62.96!

I am going to get one for me and one for a gift. Nothing like having access to a good instant read thermometer...
Add to cart to see discount.

Here is the text for their promotions...

Receive 20% off your $50 merchandise purchase OR
receive 25% off your $100 merchandise purchase OR
receive 30% off your $150 merchandise purchase.

Your merchandise total consists of the sum of the products you've placed in your shopping cart and does not include any sales tax, shipping, gift cards or the $10 expedited shipping charge on orders with bakery items. No promotion code necessary. Offer cannot be sold, auctioned, transferred, or combined with any other offer, and is void if altered or reproduced. Offer cannot be applied to previous or pending purchases. Not redeemable for cash or credit. Not valid at The Baker's Store.

Offer valid through 5/11/2009, midnight EDT.

The following items are excluded from this offer:
Viking
Zojirushi
Cuisinart
Krups
Revolation
WaringPro
The Baking Sheet Newsletter
The Baking Education Center

Free muffin mix with $50 purchase

Receive King Arthur lemon poppyseed muffin mix mix FREE with your $50 merchandise purchase.

Your merchandise total consists of the sum of the products you've placed in your shopping cart and does not include any sales tax, shipping, gift cards, or the $10 expedited shipping charge on orders with bakery items. No promotion code necessary. This promotion will automatically be applied to your shopping cart when your merchandise total reaches $60. Offer cannot be sold, auctioned, transferred, or combined with any other offer, and is void if altered or reproduced. Offer cannot be applied to previous or pending purchases. Not redeemable for cash or credit or at The Baker's Store. This offer valid while supplies last.
15% off King Arthur Mixes

Simply add 5 or more King Arthur Flour mixes to your cart and receive 15% off those mixes. No promotion code necessary.
Gift with purchase

Receive a full-color, 76-page cookbook with purchase of panini grill.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Oh and full disclosure...I'm almost certain there is a new model of ThermaPen coming out soon...but nothing wrong with these, just getting closed out I guess.

Wow - that's pretty spendy for a probe thermometer, even if it IS the "Rolls Royce of thermometers".

Yup, no doubt it's an "investment".
For reference...Cheapest on Amazon is $80-$85...

This is definitely for folks who are fairly serious about cooking.
I use a cheaper version all the time while Grilling and Smoking.

And I'm pretty sure Cooks Illustrated ranked this as the best Insta-read available...

THANKS FOR THE INFO!

I have a Thermapen and it worked like a charm - WELL - THAT WAS UNTIL I DROPPED IN A SINK FULL OF WATER! OMG! I THOUGHT IT WAS TOAST! NOW WHAT!?

I called the company that you mentioned (800-827-6836 - King Arthur). I told the man that answered the phone what had happened. The first thing he did was give me the customer service number for Thermapen. Then he said that indeed they are selling this pin for $71.96 until the 11th. - WITH NO SHIPPING. I thought that was pretty cool! He gave me a way to try fixing it - BEFORE trying to sell me one!!! SWEET!!!

The Thermapen customer service number he gave me was 800-393-6434. I called that number and told them my dilima. They were extremely helpful! They told me to remove the battery and allow the thermometer to dry out for a few days. They also said that IF THAT DIDN'T WORK THEY HAVE A REPAIR SERVICE... AND THAT IT USUALLY COSTS $10.00 - $25.00 TO REPAIR - AND THAT THE TURN AROUND TIME IS A FEW DAYS AFTER THEY RECEIVE IT.

I hope that helps anyone who is in my situation! WHEW! I'm glad to know that there is a more economical option to buying a new one!!!

isn't the new one that's coming out waterproof? if so i'll wait for that one.

Saw it on a cook show it was rated the best. 6 seconds to get a temp.

Fantastic range: -50F to 572F

Wow, I don't know anyone who would do beef to 572 deg.

RainmanCP said: isn't the new one that's coming out waterproof? if so i'll wait for that one.

I believe you are correct.

Here is a rather exhaustive write-up

So $96 for new tech and splashproof-ness...or $71 for "old" technology....

I called Thermoworks yesterday and was able to order one of the new models. It's called the "New Super-Fast Thermapen, Splashproof" according to my invoice. Item #THS-231-257.

The rep was curious how I knew about it (since the press release isn't offical yet - the link above was from and advance copy). But the rep said the new one is awesome. It was $96 plus $7 shipping.

I had been wanting to get a thermopen for a while but the sale prices of $70-74 wasn't enough of a savings for me. The new model has sub 3 second read times, they moved the read out further in (easier to see when in hand, and of course it has seals to keep the water and food out.

As someone else noted, you can go to wally world or target and get a $10 instant read, but the Thermapens are the very best and critical if you are serious about cooking, especially BBQ.

jmackdaddy said: I called Thermoworks yesterday and was able to order one of the new models. It's called the "New Super-Fast Thermapen, Splashproof" according to my invoice. Item #THS-231-257.

The rep was curious how I knew about it (since the press release isn't offical yet - the link above was from and advance copy). But the rep said the new one is awesome. It was $96 plus $7 shipping.

I had been wanting to get a thermopen for a while but the sale prices of $70-74 wasn't enough of a savings for me. The new model has sub 3 second read times, they moved the read out further in (easier to see when in hand, and of course it has seals to keep the water and food out.

As someone else noted, you can go to wally world or target and get a $10 instant read, but the Thermapens are the very best and critical if you are serious about cooking, especially BBQ.

really I'm gonna call them and order one, i wonder if when they start promoting it will they give a new item special discount pricing. i know i will need the waterproof one. dunno about anyone else but when i'm cooking my hands are sometimes wet and when you wash/clean the thing you prob will get it wet or drop it in the sink full of water. and if you ask anyone who has the older one you have to be real careful getting it wet or else you just wasted $70-100 though their customer service is great but still cost money to repair.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014