• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just picked this up at Home Depot with a reduced price of $16.97 (originally $19.99). This thing is amazing with the amount of light it puts out and the long throw of the beam. It VASTLY surpasses the 3watt Element K2 LED Flashlight that people raved about here on Fatwallet when they were selling at Sams Club. It's in the form of a handheld pistolgrip spotlight, and comes with built in rechargeable batteries, a AC wall charger, and a DC car charger. Only downside is fairly low runtime on rechargeables due to low mAH batteries. Is getting Rave reviews over at candlepower forums and seems to be an easy upgrade for those that like to upgrade.

Linky to Candlepower Forums

Enjoy!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I saw this at The Home Depot in San Jose, California, at this price, but didn't know that it was $19.99 before. Thanks for the heads up on a great product.

sux.. link work from google. O well..

I can't see it's spec but seem like it's powered by the cr123 which is more expensive. They might include adapter to use AAA, but that will drain fast. Useless if battery runs out.

No, he was linking to:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=217084

Appears FW re-direct not working.

linky not worky

Worth Mentioning: The light itself is featherweight. It uses a rechargeable NIMH battery pack, and comes with both AC and DC adaptors.

edit again: Read thru the candlepower forum thread and see it's very possible you can get a dud. The rechargables are only 400ma AA size and some folks reported the charge light goes out after about a few seconds. Leave it charging overnight anyway and maybe all you have is a bad charge light indicator not doing a good read. It SHOULD have a runtime of 30min. IF the light throw does not impress you, most likely the batteries are bad and you would want to get a replacement from HD or mod it with better/higher capacity Nihm.

Thanks for the post OP, will be fun to light up some clouds with the young ones on the cheap.

TTM77 said: sux.. link work from google. O well..

I can't see it's spec but seem like it's powered by the cr123 which is more expensive. They might include adapter to use AAA, but that will drain fast. Useless if battery runs out.

That's wrong information. See post above and the link itself.

Get this for $11.79 when you use the $5 off $25 True Value coupon here. You need to spend another $8.21 to reach $25 at Home Depot to use the coupon, and the manager has to approve it's use, but I and many others have not had any problems with them approving this. I'm always needing something at Home Depot, so spending $25 is easy for me to do.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014