• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This deal is limited to Pentagon Federal Credit Union members with a Platinum Visa card but it's going to save me $15 per month and I earn 1.75% back on my cell phone bill.

They will provide you with free cell phone insurance (costs $4.99 on verizon per phone) up to 3 phones if you pay your bill on your Platinum Master card. I'm paying for insurance for 3 phones so this will save me $15 per month.

What is it?

If your cell phone breaks because of life's little mishaps - a theft, a flush, a dunk or a drop- the benefit can help you regain connection. Charge your monthly wireless Cell Phone bill to your PenFed's Visa credit card and receive the Cell Phone Protection benefit. Cell Phone Protection reimburses you for damage to or theft of your eligible cell phones, Smartphones or personal digital assistants (PDAs)1.

How much does it cost?

You come to PenFed for a great deal, right? So how about no cost to enroll? No monthly or annual fee for you to pay.

If your cell phone is damaged or stolen you pay a $50 deductible per claim and you are eligible for reimbursement up to $200* per claim.

What do I have to do?

It's Simple. To enroll, log-on to PenFed Online and look for the cell phone icon on the main menu of your accounts to charge your monthly cell phone bill to your PenFed Visa credit card. That's it.

Coverage begins the first day of the calendar month following your first payment of your wireless cell phone carrier bill using your covered PenFed Visa card.

Penfed link

Pentagon Federal CU serves members of the military and their family members. I've never been in the military but my dad created an account for me years ago. So you don't have to be in the military.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks! good deal.

Disclosures

Additional Details

* If a cardholder fails to make a payment using his/her covered Visa card in a particular month, the phone protection coverage is suspended until the first day of the calendar month following the date of any future bill payments with his/her covered card.
* 1Certain types of personal digital assistants (PDAs) that are also cell phones are eligible for coverage when terms and conditions of the benefit are met.
* Only cell phones purchased by you (the eligible cardholder) are covered. Eligible cell phones are limited to the primary line and up to the first two secondary, additional, or supplemental phone lines.
* Cell Phone Protection coverage is subject to a $50 deductible per claim and maximum $250 per claim, with a maximum of two claims within a 12-month period when all terms and conditions are met.

A lot more terms and conditions here: PDF

thanks OP great deal, just applied!

I wonder if this is for ANY Visa platinum card, or just this bank's? Usually something like this is universal, offered to all of VISA, not just one card producer. Checking it out, this card is pretty good. Cash Back at a rate of 5% on gas paid at the pump, 2% at groceries and 1.25% on all other purchases. Credited every month, no annual fee either.

johnny42544 said: I wonder if this is for ANY Visa platinum card, or just this bank's? Usually something like this is universal, offered to all of VISA, not just one card producer. Checking it out, this card is pretty good. Cash Back at a rate of 5% on gas paid at the pump, 2% at groceries and 1.25% on all other purchases. Credited every month, no annual fee either.

I am pretty sure this is just penfed.

I bought a dozen eBay phones of the model I like last year and I have been very happy. When something happens I just pull out a new one and call alltel with the new esn and forget the feed deductibles cost and hassles of cell phone insurance. For most people having an extra eBay phone laying around is the best insurance possible unless you use a really high dollar phone that you can't live without the features for a day then your deductinle is probably $100.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014