• filter:
  • 1 23458
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I called up Sirius since my plan will renew on 6/15 and asked if they would match the XM $77 plan. The rep asked her supervisor and got it approved for a $77.70 credit to my account effectively making the plan $77!

Try this, maybe you can get Sirius for 1/2 price! Post if you got it to work in the Wiki.

Other known Sirius renewal deals:

5 months for $25
6 months for $25
6 months for 50% off - $43
12 months for 50% off - $86
12 months for $77

Renew using this number: 1-888-601-6302

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Sirius XM (31.25kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just re-upped for $25 / 5 months. Had to get bumped to the 'cancellation' guy before getting this deal.  Operators were ... (more)

daytripper99 (Mar. 13, 2014 @ 5:03p) |

Just called and renewed two radios.  One radio to include all access and internet radio for $119 plus $15 credit for $10... (more)

noknot (Mar. 15, 2014 @ 12:57p) |

I called to cancel this morning and they canceled me with no new offer. First time ever. I was coming off my 3rd discoun... (more)

billyblaze (Mar. 31, 2014 @ 10:15a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
sounds like a YMMV, but worth a shot.

rated:
anton73 said: sounds like a YMMV, but worth a shot.

Everything here is YMMV, why would this surprise you?

rated:
I love Sirius and this is a great deal, but I be scared to death to sign up with these guys for a year with the financial shape they are in.

rated:
FYI.. They do it because Sirius and XM are the same company now.

rated:
BetaMax called.....they want their idea back.

rated:
What did you say to get it? Did you threaten to cancel? The $77 plan is not advertised, only given to retain customers.

And why would they give you a credit (is the full charge going to happen after the credit)?

rated:
Can you provide a link to where they are offering a $77 annual subscription fee.

rated:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/355343/

rated:
WolfSS said: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/355343/

Can't be any useful info in "that" FW thread, there are only:
Views: 249,496

I didn't think anyone on FW was paying retail for sirius/xm

rated:
Solobear said: I love Sirius and this is a great deal, but I be scared to death to sign up with these guys for a year with the financial shape they are in.

I am sure even in the worst case scenario, they'll stick around for a year or so.
The content on Sirius is great, it is the "Colon Cleanse" and "Enhancement Tabs" commercials I can't stand.

rated:
aleck said: I am sure even in the worst case scenario, they'll stick around for a year or so.
The content on Sirius is great, it is the "Colon Cleanse" and "Enhancement Tabs" commercials I can't stand.
The male enhancement commercials on Blue Collar Comedy are quite entertaining. I'm still not sure how something can make you "thicker" and "wider" though. Isn't that the same?!

rated:
I didn't think anyone on FW was paying retail for sirius/xm

Maybe thats why they are in th finacial shape they are in......

rated:
your statement is full of $3.99 charges, I'm sure this is $77 for a year of internet service?
im paying $22 a month for two cars -_-

rated:
Anyone else able to capitalize on this? My sub just ended so I think I am going to give it a shot.

rated:
I tried and customer service and manager wouldn't budge to reduce the cost. They sent me to cancellation because I told them I would get an XM radio and reduce the price that way after cancelling. The cancellation department offered me $40 credit to stay so I took that.

rated:
FYI: Sirius/XM customers are about to see their rates rise by about $2 next month: http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/price-increase-sirius-xm-to-pass-music-royalty-fees-to-consumers.html. To offset an increase in royalty fees of about 6 cents per customer, they'll be imposing a $1.98 royalty fee. I still haven't figured out the math on that one.

rated:
tried to get this .. just sent us to cancellation dept...
now to hook up the hd radio in the car.. endless repeating
music on sat radio is getting annoying anyways.

rated:
Guido39 said: aleck said: I am sure even in the worst case scenario, they'll stick around for a year or so.
The male enhancement commercials on Blue Collar Comedy are quite entertaining. I'm still not sure how something can make you "thicker" and "wider" though. Isn't that the same?!

haven't you hear of ellipsoid penis man?

rated:
Still paying the standard monthly rate for my Sirius but if they do raise the rates it will be a good excuse to cancel. I was tempted to cancel when they converted the metal station into nonstop Metallica for a month since that's pretty much the only station I listen to anymore other than a bit of news/traffic/weather when I travel which isn't that often.

rated:
Just for clarification, I talked to the cancellation dept.

She added $77.70 as a credit so that when my next bill came (on the 15th, for a year), it would just bill me $77.70.

rated:
XM just called me and offered me 6 months for $30...

Basically said to call them back at 877 224 8720 and mention the $30 for 6 months and they would honor it.

rated:
I called Sirius on 5/2 to cancel and they gave me 3 months free so I still have it now.

rated:
TerpBE said: FYI: Sirius/XM customers are about to see their rates rise by about $2 next month: http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/price-increase-sirius-xm-to-pa... To offset an increase in royalty fees of about 6 cents per customer, they'll be imposing a $1.98 royalty fee. I still haven't figured out the math on that one.What BS. I thought I was safe for at least two years. I can't go back to FM, like many others, so what are you gonna do.

rated:
They are imposing these fees to get around actually raising rates, which they cannot due as part of the agreement to merge. I am thankful that I got my lifetime about 3 years ago. I have been immune to these repeated fee increases so far.

rated:
Things have changed since I first signed up. I didn't realize they had a music only package which suits about 99% of my needs. But I don't see any yearly package for this. Anyone know if they have one?

If you read the leaked document, if you lock in on a yearly package now, you don't pay the new fees till your renewal.

rated:
I got this same deal when I saw it posted in the XM thread a couple months ago. Need to talk with retention dept and have it approved by the supervisor/manager of retentions.

rated:
That is awsome!
I have Sirius for over four years and I would never go back to 'regular radio'.
Forget about stupid commercials on terrestrial, or same 'crystal clear' commercials on HD radio.
Try to get 200 Gbytes of music anywhere else...each day (for less than a $0.40 per day).

rated:
I called on 6-4 and tried to cancel (just to get offered a better deal) and they offered 3 months free. I wonder if it is a numbers game and they want to keep the number of customers up for some marketing or buyout reason?? Anyway, I am going to keep the service even at $ 144 a year because the radio in East Texas is really really bad.

rated:
DeepEastTexas said: I called on 6-4 and tried to cancel (just to get offered a better deal) and they offered 3 months free. I wonder if it is a numbers game and they want to keep the number of customers up for some marketing or buyout reason?? Anyway, I am going to keep the service even at $ 144 a year because the radio in East Texas is really really bad.

It comes down to the cost of acquiring a new customer to replace those that leave.
Think of it this way (with fictional numbers). Let's say they spend $100 on marketing, and this brings in 10 customers.
That means it takes $10 to acquire each new customer. And those new subscribers may bring in $X amount of revenue over the first 6 or 12 months depending on what promotions they offer.

Now their models may say that Y% of new customers leave after 6 months, versus someone that's been a subscriber for over a year that's likely to stay for at least another year. They factor all of that into an equation, and see whether it's more cost-effective to keep you as a subscriber at a discount ... that it would be to acquire a new subscriber that may or may not stick around after their initial promotional pricing ends.

At least that's how they should be doing it ... but based on how the company is failing financially, who knows. The biggest mistake that both XM and Sirius made was entering a bidding war over talent. They wound up destroying their balance sheets by overpaying for talent in order to keep it from their competitor ... which wound up being the same company in the end. But now they're in financial ruin ... their talent is accustomed to being paid a certain amount of money (Half a billion for Stern, some crazy amount for Oprah to not do a show, Eminem gets cash for virtually no live shows, etc.), their line of radios is dated at best ... with limited innovation due to the year-long merger delays ... and their only option is to squeeze their customers.

I'm an XM subscriber ... been riding a $77 deal for three years or so ... but I listen to like two channels ... and if the rates jump (last time they tried to double my annual price) I'll drop their service.

rated:
any deals on hardware?

rated:
blizzardo said: any deals on hardware?

The best hardware deals for the past 2 years have been on Black Friday at BB, etc. Buy a $50 subscription card, get a fairly decent, middle-of-the-pack receiver for free. If you can't wait, get yourself a refurb receiver from somewhere or scout around on eBay as there are usually new receivers for sale on there at good prices.

rated:
blizzardo said: any deals on hardware?

If you go the eBay route I'd search for "Sirius strong FM" or similar. The older receivers had a much more powerful FM transmitter that actually worked. On the newer radios you need yet another wire to go from the Sirius radio to your car radio, or a cassette adapter, or a 1/8" line. The less wires the better in my book.

rated:
I tied to cancel my sub. back in April and they offered me free through July, so looks like I will be calling them back soon enough.

rated:
jabramson said: I tried and customer service and manager wouldn't budge to reduce the cost. They sent me to cancellation because I told them I would get an XM radio and reduce the price that way after cancelling. The cancellation department offered me $40 credit to stay so I took that.

Just like with ANY other company that charges a monthly service fee (Comcast, DirecTv, etc), if you don't get the offer you want with the first call, politely thank them and hang up. Call back and unless you speak to the exact same person, chances are you'll get a different offer. The key is to mention cancelling, you need to get to the Retention department. They are the ones with the ability to appease you. This is always a YMMV, but I've never had a problem getting introductory rates every six months with Comcast or freebies with DirecTV (almost always on the first call, but sometimes not until the third or fourth). Always be polite and ask if that's the best offer, never threaten to cancel, just mention that their competitor has a better offer if you do end up cancelling.

When my three month trial subscription on my new GM car expired, XM sent me renewal notices via postcard. About once a month I would get a new offer and the offers got better and better. I'm currently paying $19.99 for 5 months ($4 per month). I'll call when that time is up and see what they offer me. Satellite radio isn't something I have to have, and I sure as heck won't pay $13.95/month for it.

rated:
it took me 2 days and 3 cs reps, but i was finally able to get the $77 deal. justtaint was so right about calling back and getting a different offer each time.

rated:
Just want to thank the OP for this post... Sirius has been hounding me since my free sub was up for renewal. Every rep offered the same lame deal... 245 for 2 years. I basically told them a friend got a deal for $77 for 1 year, I want that deal or I'm cancelling. After checking with the supervisor, got the deal no problem.

rated:
Thanks, OP!

rated:
Green to the OP! This worked for me too. Call the main # and just ask to speak with the cancellation dept. They will give you the "I can help you sir" blah blah, but just ask to speak with the cancellation department. They will review your account, check with a supervisor and more often than not give you the deal.

Skipping 262 Messages...
rated:
I called to cancel this morning and they canceled me with no new offer. First time ever. I was coming off my 3rd discounted 1yr renewal. Maybe they are just sick of me.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014