• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Looking to find a new Washer & Dryer. I think this is agood deal.

Washer
4.2 Cu Ft. Large Capacity Front Load Front Control Washer
Model WM2301HW
Store SKU 766818
List Price $949
http://www.lge.com/us/appliances/washers/LG-WM2301HW.jsp

Home Depot Regular Price $899
http://www.HomeDepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?jspStoreDir=hdus&catalogId=10053&productId=100669106&navFlow=3&keyword=766818&langId=-1&searchRedirect=766818&storeId=10051&endecaDataBean=com.homedepot.sa.el.wc.catalog.beans.EndecaDataBean%4020aafe90&ddkey=THDStoreFinder#

Sale Price at Home Depot this week $698 (even though the web site says $898 the store price is $698 in Lakeland Florida)
All appliances this week (starting today) Extra 10% off brings price to $628.20
Additional 10% off with moving coupon price is now 565.38 + applicable tax.
(I did not have the moving 10% coupon with me as I had bought it from eBay yesterday for $5.95, but the CSR assured me they will make adjustments when I have it, took the name of the CSR. Also CSR told she would stack it with HD 10% off)
EDIT: Got the coupon in the mail, got another 10% off

7.3 Cu Ft Super Capacity Front Control Electric Dryer
Model DLE2301W
Store SKU 766916
List Price $949
Home Depot Regular Price $899
http://www.lge.com/us/appliances/dryers/LG-electric-dryer-DLE2301W.jsp

Sale Price at Home Depot this week $698 (even though the web site says $898 the store price is $698 in Lakeland Florida)

http://www.HomeDepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?jspStoreDir=hdus&catalogId=10053&productId=100669163&navFlow=3&keyword=766916&langId=-1&searchRedirect=766916&storeId=10051&endecaDataBean=com.homedepot.sa.el.wc.catalog.beans.EndecaDataBean%403b8ffe8f&ddkey=Search

All appliances this week (starting today) Extra 10% off brings price to $628.20
Additional 10% off with moving coupon price is now 565.38 + applicable tax

Free delivery and installation (no rebates involved at HD)

Parts & Services
Required Parts & Services
Electric Dryer Power Cord $14.99
Flexible Dryer Duct $9.99

So both washer and dryer for about $1155 + Tax
Hope my calculations are correct.
Hope you find this to be a deal.[/L]

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I didn't see it mentioned here, but also bear in mind that right now you can redeem your AMEX rewards points at a 20% di... (more)

Jose (Jun. 18, 2009 @ 7:53p) |

So I called Home Depot today to ask when they might have this sale again and she said that this was a fluke in the syste... (more)

hilk8 (Aug. 12, 2009 @ 5:31p) |

Wow they have gotten sticky at Home Depot! If they price match another store they will not give you any further discoun... (more)

hilk8 (Aug. 14, 2009 @ 6:43p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

More details, please.
It shows $899 online.

I am going to repost, having difficulty with this, my message got truncated. Reposted, with details.

The current 10% sale on appliances is stackable with a 10% movers - Careful with using the Lowes ones as some stores have stopped accepting these. They definitely are not taking any internet printed ones though...

Now, YMMV if you open an HD account and go for the additional 10% but should work if it's an HD one...

What are people's thoughts on these LG's versus Samsungs 218 series at Lowes? I can get the Samsung's at Lowes for about $625 each.

Samsung is better.
But how can you get it for $625?
xceebeex said: What are people's thoughts on these LG's versus Samsungs 218 series at Lowes? I can get the Samsung's at Lowes for about $625 each.

The Samsung units are MUCH more reliable than the LG units...check Consumer Reports of any appliance repair web site.

I have a set of the LG's, but a different model, but the very same product. As far as these front loaders go, I wish we didn't buy them. The higher cost was not worth saving some water and I honestly don't believe it gets the clothes as clean or cleaner than normal washers. Get a normal washer while you still can and enjoy really clean clothes. Honestly regret buying these stupid, R2D2 looking things that sours clothes if not put in the dryer quickly (so you get to wash them again, ohhh goody) or do their normal weak, water sipping rinse cycle that is almost pointless. Seriously do your research before buying a set of these things. Waste of money and waste of water in many ways, because if your clothes aren't clean or rinsed well and you wash things again and again, where's the water savings? You will smell the left over HE soap and a sour smell when the washer is even empty. I'm going to get rid of these things as soon as possible and get a real washer for half the price. The dryer, yep, tired of "just enough" dry, where jeans and stuff are mildly damp, but hey, you save some power not getting them fully dry.

Want to save some water? Take shorter showers, water the grass less, but where you don't want to cut water from is where you wash your clothes. One owner's opinion.

i got this pair for $998+tax during memorial day

you will hate your life for going cheap (versus samsung).

but then again if you just wear k-mart kwalitee clothing that might not matter. those FW snobs who buy nicer items or have kids might want to stick with the good product.

i'm converting everything in the house to samsung the isht is solid. innovative. fun

xceebeex said: What are people's thoughts on these LG's versus Samsungs 218 series at Lowes? I can get the Samsung's at Lowes for about $625 each.

How do you get that price? I see the Samsung 218 for more like $900 at Lowes.

Re Samsung vs. LG, in the July 09 Consumer Reports review of washers, GE blows away everything, but LG tops Samsung by a hair. Also you might note that the LG washer on sale at HD is a much higher capacity washer than the one Consumer Reports reviews, and gave pretty high marks to. However, the LG washer consumer report reviewed claims ultra quiet operation, a claim not made for the one on sale at Home Depot.

Big Cheapskate

Good deal. Bought this set last weekend with lowes 10% off. Went back last night to get the additional 10% off.

Set gets delivered tomorrow!

I wish I had known the Samsung was better because I bought these last weekend. I went back yesterday and got the additional 10% off. I couldn't use a 10% Lowes coupon last Friday because our laundry was piling up (washer transmission was shot) and I had waited and waited to get the Lowe's coupon but by Friday I had to make a move (Lowe's coupon finally arrived in inbox Monday!). Anyway, my repairman told me to definitely get an LG. He said they were noisy but reliable. The guys who delivered them and set them up yesterday said the same thing, that especially on second floor installations they were going to be noisy. Well, we've done a boatload of laundry since yesterday and they aren't noisy by our standards. In fact, the washer makes less noise than our old one. As far as the clothes coming out clean, I think they look fine.

bigcheapskate said: xceebeex said: What are people's thoughts on these LG's versus Samsungs 218 series at Lowes? I can get the Samsung's at Lowes for about $625 each.

How do you get that price? I see the Samsung 218 for more like $900 at Lowes.

Re Samsung vs. LG, in the July 09 Consumer Reports review of washers, GE blows away everything, but LG tops Samsung by a hair. Also you might note that the LG washer on sale at HD is a much higher capacity washer than the one Consumer Reports reviews, and gave pretty high marks to. However, the LG washer consumer report reviewed claims ultra quiet operation, a claim not made for the one on sale at Home Depot.

Big Cheapskate

Well right now I have the Whirlpool Duet 9400's on order from the memorial day deal, but the dryer is on back order for at least another 4-6 weeks which means I wouldn't get them until the first or second week in July at the earliest. So I asked what they could do for me if I wanted to pick up a different set. The guy that I spoke with said he can match the discount that the Duet's had, which was 20%, and he could do the mover's coupon as well. So that brings the Samsungs to $628.60 each. The one thing that I am wrestling with is which units I should go with. I am not sure if I should just stick with the Whirlpools or go with the Samsungs. A lot of people talk about parts availability and all that garbage, but I am not sure how they can use that against Samsung at this point since they just entered this market versus Whirlpool which has been around forever.

So I guess the real question is, do you think the Whirlpool 9400's are better than either the Samsung's or these LG's?

rogue4 said: The Samsung units are MUCH more reliable than the LG units...check Consumer Reports of any appliance repair web site.

I don't quite agree with the statement that Samsung washer and dryers are MUCH more reliable than LG. Here is the summary from Consumer Reports regarding reliability of washers and dryers:

Quoted from Consumer Reports - Dryers (Electric):
"We found only modest differences in the brand repair rates of both gas and electric dryers. That's what we found when we asked over 105,000 readers who bought a dryer between 2004 and 2008 about their experiences. The graph shows the percentage of brands that needed a repair or had a serious problem. Differences of less than 3 points aren't meaningful, and we've adjusted the data to eliminate differences linked solely to age and use of the dryer. Models within a brand may vary, and design or manufacture changes may affect future reliability. Still, choosing a brand with a good repair history can improve your odds of getting a reliable model.

Brand/Repairs and serious problems %
GE/5
LG/5
Roper/5
Whirlpool/5
Bosch/6
Maytag/6
Kenmore (Sears)/6
Frigidaire/7
Amana/8
Fisher & Paykel/9

Quoted from Consumer Reports - Washers (Front Loading):
"Amana and Fisher & Paykel have been among the repair-prone top-loading brands. That's what we found when we asked over 100,000 readers who bought a washer between 2004 and 2008 about their experiences. The graph shows the percentage of brands that needed a repair or had a serious problem. Differences of less than 4 points aren't meaningful, and we've adjusted the data to eliminate differences linked solely to age and use of the washer. Models within a brand may vary, and design or manufacture changes may affect future reliability. Still, choosing a brand with a good repair history can improve your odds of getting a reliable model"

Brand/Repairs and serious problems %
LG/10
Whirlpool/10
Frigidaire/11
Kenmore (Sears)/11
Bosch/13
Maytag/14
GE/14

Since Sansung is not on the list above, Consumer Reports has the following comment on reliability of Samsung"
"Repair history for this brand is not known, as we lack sufficient historical data"

In conclusion, LG is the most reliable brand (tied with other brands for first place) and Samsung is not rated for reliability. I would surely go with LG for reliability.

Thanks.

Thank you OP! I was able to purchase the LG Washer, Model WM2301HW for $628.20 plus tax. This is at The Home Depot in Mira Mesa, San Diego.

The only downside is Home Depot didn't have this model available for immediate delivery. My delivery date is June 25.

searoute24 said: I have a set of the LG's, but a different model, but the very same product. As far as these front loaders go, I wish we didn't buy them. The higher cost was not worth saving some water and I honestly don't believe it gets the clothes as clean or cleaner than normal washers. Get a normal washer while you still can and enjoy really clean clothes. Honestly regret buying these stupid, R2D2 looking things that sours clothes if not put in the dryer quickly (so you get to wash them again, ohhh goody) or do their normal weak, water sipping rinse cycle that is almost pointless. Seriously do your research before buying a set of these things. Waste of money and waste of water in many ways, because if your clothes aren't clean or rinsed well and you wash things again and again, where's the water savings? You will smell the left over HE soap and a sour smell when the washer is even empty. I'm going to get rid of these things as soon as possible and get a real washer for half the price. The dryer, yep, tired of "just enough" dry, where jeans and stuff are mildly damp, but hey, you save some power not getting them fully dry.

Want to save some water? Take shorter showers, water the grass less, but where you don't want to cut water from is where you wash your clothes. One owner's opinion.

I tend to agree with much of what you have stated here.
I bought the Amana pair from HD about 2 month ago when they were $900 for the pair. They are rebadged Samsungs. They actually work great. But you are definitely spot on. You can get a decent top loader and great dryer for a little more then 1/2 of what the lower end front loaders go for. I'm pretty sure the HE detergent thing is a scam too. Just use less regular detergent. The Amana's use some type of Microban vinyl for the seals and I leave the door ajar on the washer when not in use. Odor has not been issue.
I thought the same things you outlined though in retrospect.

i did this deal on the gray models from HD awhile back for about $200 more. Also check your local power company and city for electricity and water rebates. The washer came out to be just below $600 including the rebates (pre tax).. the matching gas dryer was ~$730, though.

I just missed the deal at homedepot, but I talked to the sales guy on the floor and he showed me the other units. He didn't like samsungs, but then again I don't think homedepot sells Samsung.

What he did point out was that the 4.0cu unit they had was a sub model LG sent to them for this special deal and they sold out so fast that they started selling the normal model for the same price....

He did say the same sale is going to be back on july 4th weekend, so if you missed it order your extra 10% coupon now. He also said a 4 year warranty was 99.00 ea and you also get free setup and drop off

Dil

I didn't see it mentioned here, but also bear in mind that right now you can redeem your AMEX rewards points at a 20% discount for Home Depot gift cards. Normally 5000 points gets you a $50 gift card, but till the end of the month its 4000 points. With a maximum redemption of up to 20 per household. While it doesn't add up that you'd be able to get enough gift cards in this deal to buy both, it would still significantly drop the price down. So if you have points to redeem, this would be another good way to knock the overall out of pocket down even further. Although, I'm not sure what impact it has on AMEX (ymmv) doubling the manufacturers warranty up to a year when you don't put the entire purchase on the AMEX. Anyone have first hand experience with a claim on such a type of purchase? Just curious. Thanks for the heads up to the OP.

So I called Home Depot today to ask when they might have this sale again and she said that this was a fluke in the system and it never should have been that price (although they sold lots of them) so it is unlikely that it will go that price again - so good for all of you that got that deal! She said that there will be 10% off all appliances starting again on the 20th of August so good luck to all future bargain hunters!

Wow they have gotten sticky at Home Depot! If they price match another store they will not give you any further discounts for anything no 10% off energy star - no moving coupon nothing. I have called every store in my area and they all say the same thing - so enjoy your good deals while you can get them if you can!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014