• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Big Green Egg Grill/Smoker.I found the large grill, with the nest and mates, at Sam's Club for $698 + tax. Link This grill at Barbeques Galore is about $799 with out the nest and mates. This is for the hardcore charcoal BBQ fanatics. This is a great price, because this item is typically price controlled and sold by select distributors.

The packaging sucks, but is worth the trouble.

Get in the grill mode!!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
95% of those that dont get it is because 95% of us dont care about wines and so have no need to know about them.
Im quite... (more)

Izpoof (Jun. 23, 2009 @ 10:05a) |

Thanks for the Terra Cotta link.

The plus side for this is I can take it camping.

The Big Green Egg is awesome, but have a... (more)

bonzi (Jun. 23, 2009 @ 10:40a) |

this is very interesting.. esp given the nest and mates are included for the price. The cracking everyone is talking ab... (more)

Shylok (Jun. 23, 2009 @ 7:24p) |

Estimated shipping $319
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nothing, and I mean nothing beats the Big Green Egg. I used mine tonight to make hamburgers. They were the juciest burgers I've ever had. Just as an FYI this is a SMOKER. It uses hardwood charcoal lump which can be found at Home Depot (the brand name is 'Cowboy').

Best. Grill. Ever.

Buddy of mine has one, its simply amazing.

My friend's husband has one of these and cooks everything from ribs to fish to pizza on it. The Big Green Egg is the best.

Price is awesome for the Big Green Egg, but considering I paid $22.XX for a 22 1/2" Weber silver kettle at Target last year on clearance, I think I will pass. This is a tool for the hard-core BBQ chefs out there, but I'll stick with my stainless Masterbuilt electric smoker for cooking large quantities for half the price. Plus the if you buy the hinged grate for the Weber and have patience and a thermometer you can get some amazing smoked food. Thanks OP but I will pass on this one.

If you're happy with a $22 grill, this is obviously not for you. Comparing this to a Weber Silver Kettle or a Masterbuilt is like comparing 1996 Trimbach Clos Sainte Hune Riesling to a box wine. There are some surprisingly good box wines, but even the best of them are in a different league.

I'll admit, I've considered replacing my offset smoker with a Bradley, but the BGE has an allure all its own.

Toddler said: If you're happy with a $22 grill, this is obviously not for you. Comparing this to a Weber Silver Kettle or a Masterbuilt is like comparing 1996 Trimbach Clos Sainte Hune Riesling to a box wine. There are some surprisingly good box wines, but even the best of them are in a different league.

I'll admit, I've considered replacing my offset smoker with a Bradley, but the BGE has an allure all its own.

Great analogy, but I've got a particular fondness for their Gewurtz's. In fact, I've got a little stash of their 1982's in my wine fridge right now...

So it looks like it is online only item?
$40 to add membership.. maybe still worth it.

can someone who is a member log in and see if this include shipping?

I am looking around the net and it seems maybe net owners seems upset about this and claim there is no warranty to purchase the BGE from Sams,
can anyone explain?

From what I know before this, BGE purchase is a somewhat personalized process.. you buy from a selected distributor and go back to deal with the distributor if you have problems.
What would happen if you have a problem, need a gasket or something if you purchase this from Sam's

Please be very careful when you receive your grill. The little green men inside will try and take you to their leader.

great grill !!! tyop!

jho said: So it looks like it is online only item?
$40 to add membership.. maybe still worth it.

can someone who is a member log in and see if this include shipping?

yes ?! is it a shipped price ?!

Estimated shipping $319

wow, I found this.. it did not really say about the warranty though.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/internet.html

"Authorized Dealers & Internet Policy

There are no authorized internet retailers for Big Green Egg products. Purchasing any Big Green Egg product from an internet source will void the warranty associated with that product. To purchase a Big Green Egg please contact a dealer in your area. Use our dealer locator to find the authorized dealers closest to you. Many dealers offer delivery options if needed. If you do not have a dealer conveniently located, contact Big Green Egg at 770-934-5300 for more information.

We have been made aware that Big Green Egg grills are being sold in some Samís Clubs across the country as well as on their website. Samís Club is not an authorized dealer of Big Green Egg products. Purchasing a Big Green Egg from any internet vendor, including Samís Club, violates our internet policies.

Reason for this Policy: Big Green Eggģ products require customized packaging and special shipping procedures. It has come to our attention that unauthorized internet resellers do not package and ship our products properly, and do not assume responsibility for damages. As a result, customers risk having purchased a product that arrives with hidden damage or missing parts. Furthermore, the claim may not be processed by the internet reseller or honored by the freight company.

BIG GREEN EGG and EGG are registered trademarks of The Big Green Egg, Inc.
EGGhead, EGGheads, EGGfest and Eggcessories are trademarks of The Big Green Egg, Inc. The particular green color and overall configuration of the cooker in such color are also trademarks of The Big Green Egg, Inc."

Two words.

Grill Dome

jho said: I am looking around the net and it seems maybe net owners seems upset about this and claim there is no warranty to purchase the BGE from Sams,
can anyone explain?

From what I know before this, BGE purchase is a somewhat personalized process.. you buy from a selected distributor and go back to deal with the distributor if you have problems.
What would happen if you have a problem, need a gasket or something if you purchase this from Sam's

You can purchase any replacement item from the net or from a BGE distrubitor. You might have to actually pay for it though and replacement parts tend to be overpriced. If you order from a authorized distributor, you can get most parts replaced free if anything happens.

If you don't get in on this you may want to hit the BGE website. They have BBQ 'cook-ins' or competitions in several locations every year. You can get a BGE for around 33% off of list if you sign up before the competition. The unit you end up getting will have only been used that one day. Just a thought but green for OP.

We have been made aware that Big Green Egg grills are being sold in some Samís Clubs across the country as well as on their website. Samís Club is not an authorized dealer of Big Green Egg products. Purchasing a Big Green Egg from any internet vendor, including Samís Club, violates our internet policies.

You know what this is? It's the world's smallest violin playing just for the The Big Green Egg.

A buddy of mine who knows the BGE said that every so often they will shatter, usually it is the first use. I'd hate to pay $700 for one only to discover I have no warranty, although maybe Sam's would somehow stand behind it in that case.

Looks like it is no go..

none of the Sam's Club near me carries it and by the time you pay shipping, you probably pay more than the local dealer.

I don't have a membership to log in and check out the actual shipping.

somebody here should learn how to make and market one of these thing --- $700 for clay pot seems a bit pricey --- you are paying for a trendy bbq that has been around for thousands of years

link still doesn't work. must copy and paste it.

http://www.SamsClub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=427561

germanpope said: somebody here should learn how to make and market one of these thing --- $700 for clay pot seems a bit pricey --- you are paying for a trendy bbq that has been around for thousands of years

There are already at least 3 or 4 other companies making these things and they aren't much cheaper.

I think when a company goes to such length to disclaim any warranty if purchased through unauthorized vendors, it is primarily an attempt to enforce a minimum advertised price, maintain the brand's perceived value and support dealer margins, which I'm sure are quite high on something like this. I doubt that it has much to do with "customization" as they put it, as it is, after all, a big clay pot.

That being said, the BGE is considered the ultimate smoker/grill by many enthusiasts, but the benefit is largely due to heat retention of the clay and resulting efficiency and stable temperatures. It can also be used effectively in cold weather, which is a big plus for some. From my research, they can crack but are repairable.

I think you can achieve similar, if not the same results for a lot less money with a Weber smoker or Char-Griller. They definitely don't have the bling factor, and will use more fuel, but the price difference buys a lot of charcoal/wood.

germanpope said: somebody here should learn how to make and market one of these thing --- $700 for clay pot seems a bit pricey --- you are paying for a trendy bbq that has been around for thousands of years

Already done.
Ive got one and its the best $40 I ever spent.

Toddler said: If you're happy with a $22 grill, this is obviously not for you. Comparing this to a Weber Silver Kettle or a Masterbuilt is like comparing 1996 Trimbach Clos Sainte Hune Riesling to a box wine. There are some surprisingly good box wines, but even the best of them are in a different league.Ha, thanks for taking a comparison that most people understand (a cheaper $22 grill compared to an expensive $699 grill) and making an analogy that won't mean anything to 95% of the people here. I enjoy a good Trimbach Clos Sainte Hune joke though.

JackOfAllTrades said: Toddler said: If you're happy with a $22 grill, this is obviously not for you. Comparing this to a Weber Silver Kettle or a Masterbuilt is like comparing 1996 Trimbach Clos Sainte Hune Riesling to a box wine. There are some surprisingly good box wines, but even the best of them are in a different league.Ha, thanks for taking a comparison that most people understand (a cheaper $22 grill compared to an expensive $699 grill) and making an analogy that won't mean anything to 95% of the people here. I enjoy a good Trimbach Clos Sainte Hune joke though.

95% of those that dont get it is because 95% of us dont care about wines and so have no need to know about them.
Im quite sure sure that 95% of the folks have no clue about the difference between a nose tow and bridals.

Just spend the $40 for the terracotta pot and buy gas with your savings.

Thanks for the Terra Cotta link.

The plus side for this is I can take it camping.

The Big Green Egg is awesome, but have always had a problem pulling the trigger based on price. Already have a gas grill, charcoal grill, dutch oven, and fire pit to cook on. Wife would kill me for adding the BGE.

this is very interesting.. esp given the nest and mates are included for the price. The cracking everyone is talking about is the firebox. and it still works if it cracks. doesn't make a difference.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.