Home Depot Moving 10% Discount is back

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Apparently The Home Depot moving discount program is back up. Sorry if you all already know.

LINK

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I called the 1-800 number for Home Depot and they said they will not honor Lowes coupons, I went into the store and aske... (more)

sarahandoscar (Oct. 29, 2009 @ 8:55p) |

First off, are there any Lowes in your area? In my area, there's about 10 Home Depots in one area and about 4 Lowes in t... (more)

henry33 (Oct. 29, 2009 @ 9:45p) |

My closest HD will not take Lowes coupon. But we have several locations with Lowes and HD almost back-to-back,and they a... (more)

supermax (Nov. 03, 2009 @ 9:35a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

FYI - I see the 10% banner, but other than that, the site doesn't say anything about sending the coupon. There wasn't even anything after registering.

weinberk said: FYI - I see the 10% banner, but other than that, the site doesn't say anything about sending the coupon. There wasn't even anything after registering.Sounds about right for the HD website

weinberk said: FYI - I see the 10% banner, but other than that, the site doesn't say anything about sending the coupon. There wasn't even anything after registering.op's link looks fine to me. i just registered.

FYI they will honor a 10% moving coupon for Lowes if you happen to have one.

isorashi said: FY they will honor a 10% moving coupon for Lowes if you happen to have one.

The 10% Lowes can be easily picked up at the post office in the change of address packets.

merlin2375 said: weinberk said: FYI - I see the 10% banner, but other than that, the site doesn't say anything about sending the coupon. There wasn't even anything after registering.Sounds about right for the HD website

I recd. my coupon in mail yesterday.

isorashi said: FYI they will honor a 10% moving coupon for Lowes if you happen to have one.

Some store managers have been putting pressure on the cashiers not to accept these claiming they are counterfeit. The true reason is they've been getting way too many of them...

Most will use them at Lowes, ask for them back (since they are scanned in their system, once used, they can't be reused), and then use them at HD.

Ktremor said: isorashi said: FY they will honor a 10% moving coupon for Lowes if you happen to have one.

The 10% Lowes can be easily picked up at the post office in the change of address packets.


They're not printing anymore of those UPSP moving packets and are moving these requests online. But they will send you a 10% from Lowes by email.

gkao said: Ktremor said: isorashi said: FY they will honor a 10% moving coupon for Lowes if you happen to have one.

The 10% Lowes can be easily picked up at the post office in the change of address packets.


They're not printing anymore of those UPSP moving packets and are moving these requests online. But they will send you a 10% from Lowes by email.


I've seen that too. 2 out of 3 post offices here just have the moving cards with the URL for doing it online. Only 1 PO actually had the complete packets.

I wonder why

Lowes has a similar coupon at

http://www.lowesmoving.com

Just picked up some Lowe's 10% in Post office in North NJ. Expires October 31st.

Thanks

I will have to pick up some Lowes coupons also. My HD always lets me use expired coupons so I never throw away any of them.

Thank you.

We moved recently and bought washer&dryer from Home Depot. I registered online for the coupon but didn't receive, they accepted my 10% bestbuy coupon. I think they no longer have Home Depot in the usps movers packet. I got 2 movers packets through snail mail and went to post office to see if they have any, but none. Anyway got the coupon yesterday

I had to drop off a package at the PO this morning. There wasn't anybody at the counter so I grabbed the whole stack of USPS Moving packets and ran for the exit. I should be set with Lowes 10% off coupons for a while now.

Lefty421 said: I had to drop off a package at the PO this morning. There wasn't anybody at the counter so I grabbed the whole stack of USPS Moving packets and ran for the exit. I should be set with Lowes 10% off coupons for a while now.

This might be why no one can find the packets anymore.

Lefty421 said: I had to drop off a package at the PO this morning. There wasn't anybody at the counter so I grabbed the whole stack of USPS Moving packets and ran for the exit. I should be set with Lowes 10% off coupons for a while now.
That was really mature and considerate of you!

henny said: gkao said: Ktremor said: isorashi said: FY they will honor a 10% moving coupon for Lowes if you happen to have one.

The 10% Lowes can be easily picked up at the post office in the change of address packets.


They're not printing anymore of those UPSP moving packets and are moving these requests online. But they will send you a 10% from Lowes by email.


I've seen that too. 2 out of 3 post offices here just have the moving cards with the URL for doing it online. Only 1 PO actually had the complete packets.

I wonder why


Think about it, it costs nothing for online submissions and costs more when a human enters them.

Lefty421 said: I had to drop off a package at the PO this morning. There wasn't anybody at the counter so I grabbed the whole stack of USPS Moving packets and ran for the exit. I should be set with Lowes 10% off coupons for a while now. Good job. Did you note they expire in four days? Lotta shbopping to do now eh?

Lefty421 said: I had to drop off a package at the PO this morning. There wasn't anybody at the counter so I grabbed the whole stack of USPS Moving packets and ran for the exit. I should be set with Lowes 10% off coupons for a while now.

Guess what the second and third letter is:

A _ _ H O L E.

Did anyone receive this yet? I signed up for this a few weeks ago and haven't received a coupon. I wonder if you had to check the receive promotional offers email/mails...

btw, I signed up for the lowes one also a few weeks ago and I got my coupon right away.

mnmailman said: henny said: gkao said: Ktremor said: isorashi said: FY they will honor a 10% moving coupon for Lowes if you happen to have one.

The 10% Lowes can be easily picked up at the post office in the change of address packets.


They're not printing anymore of those UPSP moving packets and are moving these requests online. But they will send you a 10% from Lowes by email.


I've seen that too. 2 out of 3 post offices here just have the moving cards with the URL for doing it online. Only 1 PO actually had the complete packets.

I wonder why


Think about it, it costs nothing for online submissions and costs more when a human enters them.


Probably because they charge $1 to do it online, but it's free by mail.

both times I've used Lowes coupons at HD, they claim it is counterfeit. yes I got them from USPS

Claymore said: Lefty421 said: I had to drop off a package at the PO this morning. There wasn't anybody at the counter so I grabbed the whole stack of USPS Moving packets and ran for the exit. I should be set with Lowes 10% off coupons for a while now. Good job. Did you note they expire in four days? Lotta shbopping to do now eh?

No they don't. Try 4 months, not 4 days. They expire the end of October, 2009.

FWIW, I signed up for the Lowes thing to get the 10% discount sent to me by e-mail, and I also unchecked any sort of contact me with about promotions and the like. Got my discount coupon in my e-mail within 12 hours. FYI.

I thought the USPS ones have to be mailed in first... are the coupons right in the moving envelope itself??

FWIW I feel like an idiot for paying for these HD / Lowes coupons on eBay.

etanFW said: I thought the USPS ones have to be mailed in first... are the coupons right in the moving envelope itself??

I haven't seen coupons right in the USPS packets in forever. Maybe it's regional, but where I live they stopped having coupons in the packets years ago.

Is this HD coupon good only in store or also online?

etanFW said: I thought the USPS ones have to be mailed in first... are the coupons right in the moving envelope itself??

FWIW I feel like an idiot for paying for these HD / Lowes coupons on eBay.


The post office moving packs used to have a mail in card in them for the 10% coupon. It was only late last year that they started including an actual coupon in the moving pack. The current package is dated 5/1/09 and has the coupon in it that expires 10/31/09.

rsuaver said: isorashi said: FYI they will honor a 10% moving coupon for Lowes if you happen to have one.

Some store managers have been putting pressure on the cashiers not to accept these claiming they are counterfeit. The true reason is they've been getting way too many of them...

Most will use them at Lowes, ask for them back (since they are scanned in their system, once used, they can't be reused), and then use them at HD.


^^ Isn't that what a copy machine is for? Print one for Home Depot and one for Lowes. Who cares if they take the coupon away. If it works, it works, if it doesn't, oh well.


Gammah

I've been using the Lowes 10% off coupons from the PO at HD without any hitch. HD is happy that I give them the business rather than Lowes.

I did just receive HD $5 off $50 coupons in the mail the other day; haven't received the moving coupon yet.

I just got my HD coupon in the mail. I actually did move so maybe they base it off of your move in date. I also got a few change of address packets from the post office. The first one I got a week ago expired in October. The second one I got yesterday expired in June.

lberk said: Lowes has a similar coupon at

http://www.lowesmoving.com


ty! will see

gammah said: rsuaver said: isorashi said: FYI they will honor a 10% moving coupon for Lowes if you happen to have one.

Some store managers have been putting pressure on the cashiers not to accept these claiming they are counterfeit. The true reason is they've been getting way too many of them...

Most will use them at Lowes, ask for them back (since they are scanned in their system, once used, they can't be reused), and then use them at HD.


^^ Isn't that what a copy machine is for? Print one for Home Depot and one for Lowes. Who cares if they take the coupon away. If it works, it works, if it doesn't, oh well.


Gammah


It's YMMV on that one at HD. They used to take printouts but all the ones around here won't take computer printouts anymore. They still take the change of address ones without a problem. I just hand it to the cashier without saying anything and then they look up the code and give me the 10% off. One time a cashier rang up $10 off instead of 10% and at the time my order was about $150 so lost about $5. I did catch another cashier trying that again, but I think it's just that they're used to seeing $10 off instead of 10%. Moving packets are the best source of them, but if you're lazy, you can buy them on eBay too as that's where people get them. Anything more than 10% are fakes on eBay though.

MISURICK said: lberk said: Lowes has a similar coupon at

http://www.lowesmoving.com


ty! will see


got it - ! - ty!

btw - nothing from HD - ?! anyone had any luck ?!

spinn said: I've been using the Lowes 10% off coupons from the PO at HD without any hitch. HD is happy that I give them the business rather than Lowes.

I did just receive HD $5 off $50 coupons in the mail the other day; haven't received the moving coupon yet.


usps ?!

can someone just post the coupon or is the barcode unique?

Skipping 13 Messages...
My closest HD will not take Lowes coupon. But we have several locations with Lowes and HD almost back-to-back,and they accepted the coupon on several locations.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014