• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

. (122.89kB)
Disclaimer

ENOUGH SAID (145.27kB)
Disclaimer
The NEW "ALL YOU CAN EAT SEATS!"

The Detroit Lions have a new program for the 2009 season called All-you-can-Eat Seats at Ford Field.

Tickets are $73 per person (GROUP TICKETS SEE BELOW) ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT Includes:

HOT DOGS
BRATWURST
NACHOS W/ CHEESE
CHIPS
POPCORN
WATER
SOFT DRINKS
DETROIT LIONS BARF BAG

This option is being made available for the first time in this market in regular stadium seating areas.

* 5,500 available seats in special “All You Can Eat” sections that will be offered with season tickets, group tickets and individual game tickets.

* Includes for one price: game ticket and unlimited hot dogs, bratwurst, chips, popcorn, nachos & cheese and soft drinks.

* Access to special redemption centers at east and west end of Ford Field (nearby “All You Can Eat” sections) for “All You Can Eat” customers only.

* Season tickets start as low at $73 for “All You Can Eat” tickets.

* Tickets for individual games (available at a later date) for “All You Can Eat” tickets start as low at $85.

ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT (AYCE) GROUP TICKETS UPGRADE
============================================
Includes same as above $15 per Ticket. All Inclusive areas are:

SECTIONS:
=========
$79.00 PER PERSON - SECTIONS 236-246
$87.00 PER PERSON - SECTIONS 118-121

MORE INFO CALL BOX OFFICE NUMBER BELOW

Detroit Lions & Ford Field Box Office*
2000 Brush Street
Detroit, MI 48226
Email: lionstix@detroitlions.com
Phone: 313.262.2002
10 a.m. - 6 p.m. MON - FRI**
** Except Game Days, Need to leave a message, leave phone number.

SAVE 50% - 75% ON GOLF GAME GIFT CERTIFICATES - LISTED BY STATE - CLICK HERE

SOURCE: DETROIT LIONS WEBSITE

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I 3-run HR is 3 runs. But a 30 yard run can lead to nothing, it's like getting to 2nd and getting stranded.

I don't know ... (more)

HappyScrappyHeroPup (Aug. 09, 2009 @ 4:53p) |

If I eat 16 hot dogs, but then hurl them all up, am I 0-16 or 16-0?

Sanjoelo (Aug. 09, 2009 @ 5:43p) |

Lions Fans, here is a MUCH better deal for you.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/944647?highlight_key=y&keyword1... (more)

Winded (Aug. 10, 2009 @ 12:31p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

You could get a heck of a good meal for $73 per person, it's not like anyone would pay to see a lions game. Yes, I'm from Detroit area so it's ok for me to say that.

The Baltimore Orioles have the same thing, AYCE:

Hot Dogs
Peanuts
Popcorn
Nachos
Ice Cream
Soda and Lemonade

For $40/game. And I would argue you're more likely to see the Orioles win.

no beer or liguor?

not a drinker, but would want to, to sit through this torture.

where is barry sanders when you need him

That's what we need in this country...to make sports fans even fatter. Well at least when they consume 5,239 calories that day they burn off 50 walking to and from the parking lot as opposed to 7 calories walking to get the remote to/from the couch.

cyfan said: That's what we need in this country...to make sports fans even fatter. Well at least when they consume 5,239 calories that day they burn off 50 walking to and from the parking lot as opposed to 7 calories walking to get the remote to/from the couch.

Obviously you've never been to Ford Field. You walk off more than 50 calories walking parking anywhere around that stadium.

pjrxj said: cyfan said: That's what we need in this country...to make sports fans even fatter. Well at least when they consume 5,239 calories that day they burn off 50 walking to and from the parking lot as opposed to 7 calories walking to get the remote to/from the couch.

Obviously you've never been to Ford Field. You walk off more than 50 calories walking parking anywhere around that stadium.
Actually, you'll lose most of the calories you consume that day... when you throw up watching them once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Are seats in these section extra wide? (Yes, I'm from the Detroit, can make fun all I want)

might be a good place to hold a hot dog eating contest

do you only get one at a time?

Anyone still living in Detroit? Last I heard Nature was reclaiming the land.

germanpope said: might be a good place to hold a hot dog eating contest

do you only get one at a time?

BIGBOYMICHIGAN SAYS:
QUESTIONS REGARDING THE "ALL YOU CAN EAT SEATS" CAN BE DIRECTED BY CALLING: 1-313-262-2002 (LIONS BOX OFFICE)

What good is all you can eat if the entertainment will just make you throw it all back up?

ToolmanTim said: You could get a heck of a good meal for $73 per person, it's not like anyone would pay to see a lions game. Yes, I'm from Detroit area so it's ok for me to say that.

We Michiganians are overweight enough. The only way this is a good deal is unlimited beer supply as we drown ourselves senselessly while watching the Lions losing year after year.

minpa said: Anyone still living in Detroit? Last I heard Nature was reclaiming the land.

you mean in city limits? Not that many people left, but suburbs are doing just fine, thank you.

Not sure what suburb your in, Michigan is 7th in foreclosures and probably would be higher hadn't Michigan recently enacted a law that forces lenders to give homeowners more time in the foreclosure process.

This deal... Not hot.

not a bad deal - might drive down to Detroit and check it out this year. The best deal going is just living in Michigan, right now if you play the game right. My wife and I both work for the goverment and have no possibility of losing our jobs. We just go around and keep buying vacant land that people walked away from and then took advantage of the clunker program to get rid of an 87 pickup that was just sitting around to get a gas saving Toyota to go look at properties. Northern Michigan is a great place to be right now.

They should give the barf bags out to anybody who buys a ticket. Go Lions!

when you throw up watching them once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Snatch defeat from the Jaws of Victory? LMAO....when you get your arse throttled by multiple TD's week in and week out that's snatching one loss after another. The Lions were in a few games late in the 4th ALL YEAR...they suck, the Ford family sucks, that stadium sucks, and this food deal sucks. BANISH THE LIONESSES FROM NFL FOOTBALL, no more Putrid Thanksgiving DAy games...please.

colebert said: What good is all you can eat if the entertainment will just make you throw it all back up?

Your missing the point, you can eat one heck of a lot more if the entertainment makes you throw up 2 or three times a game.

That's why the Lions are charging $72 and the Orioles charge $40....the extra food and housecleaning charges.

Winded said: when you throw up watching them once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Snatch defeat from the Jaws of Victory? LMAO....when you get your arse throttled by multiple TD's week in and week out that's snatching one loss after another. The Lions were in a few games late in the 4th ALL YEAR...they suck, the Ford family sucks, that stadium sucks, and this food deal sucks. BANISH THE LIONESSES FROM NFL FOOTBALL, no more Putrid Thanksgiving DAy games...please.

I normally wouldn't respond, but you must be from Cincinnati or Cleveland our fellow perpetual loser cities, that think that being a better loser, is a good thing. Detroit honestly should have made the playoffs several times this last decade (heck both Cleveland and Cinci found a way), however, they honestly do find ways to lose games. I wouldn't expect a non-fan to know this, but they honestly were much better then their record showed, and that was why EVERYONE wanted Millen gone. The lions don't just lose they make it an art form, hell that was why we lost one of the five best running backs in Barry Sanders he could not take playing for a team that would find ways to negate his performance.

I just want the barf bag

JM80, I suggest you take advantage of one of the next Smith and Wesson deals here my friend.

colebert said: What good is all you can eat if the entertainment will just make you throw it all back up?

that might be worth watching

All you can eat comedy show by the Lions?

stand by me clip

a veritable puke arama

Wads said:

where is barry sanders when you need him

The culture of losing at the Detroit Lions was too much for him

Sanders was a flake and he lost a ton of yardage for the Lions. Yeah, his average run was long, but the standard deviation was too high!

Averaging only 4 yards a run is enough if you do it every time. But if you do 20, 0, -4, 0 you average 4 yards a run but you still have to punt the ball away.

This is not to say the Lions were without blame. The front office is awful and that trickles down to the field in a huge way.

$73 for a buffet! I will pass. Going to Vegas and having a better buffet is way cheaper!

HappyScrappyHeroPup said: Sanders was a flake and he lost a ton of yardage for the Lions. Yeah, his average run was long, but the standard deviation was too high!

Averaging only 4 yards a run is enough if you do it every time. But if you do 20, 0, -4, 0 you average 4 yards a run but you still have to punt the ball away.

This is not to say the Lions were without blame. The front office is awful and that trickles down to the field in a huge way.
I have to disagree with you about Barry Sanders. Not sure of your definition of a flake but I would not consider Barry Sanders a flake. I think Deion Sanders is more of flake than Barry Sanders, but that's another topic. Are you saying Barry was a flake because he walked away from the Lions and the NFL, or because he lost yardage on more occasions than you would have preferred?

As far as lost yardage, yes there were plays where he lost big yardage, but he was trying to create big plays to keep his team competitive. And he did create big plays. Lots of them. In 153 games he scored 99 TDs, gained 15269 yards rushing, and amassed 18190 yards from scrimmage. Those stats are even more impressive considering the lame Lion teams that he played on. Remember, Barry had to try to create something out of nothing most of the time on his own. He had to carry the offense on his shoulders. Heck, he WAS the offense. And remember, he did all of this with a bullseye on his chest. Everyone watching knew that the game plan every week was simply "Stop Barry," yet incredibly he still put up hall of fame numbers and kept the Lions in many games.

It reminds me of Walter Payton early in his career when the Bears teams that he played on were incredibly bad, especially his offensive lines. Barry and Walter were simply amazing athletes that carried the load under incredible scrutiny and pressure, with very little support most of their careers. They basically had to do it on their own for a long time. So of course they were bound to lose major yardage on occasion when trying to create big plays that would keep their team in a game. It's astounding to me that they didn't lose yards every play, let alone put up hall-of-fame numbers. If either had the luxury of playing the majority of thier careers on quality teams, much like Emmitt did in Dallas, you would have likely seen far less lost yardage. You would have seen statistics even more impressive than they are now for both of those gifted running backs.

I look back at Barry's career like that of a great home run hitter playing on a crummy baseball team. Everyone knew going in that he was "the guy" that the opposition needed to contain to win. He played on a team that had little to no protection to help him out. The opposition knew that he was the major offensive weapon, so they were focused on him every time he stepped on the field. And chances were at various points in the game he was going to strike out. Yet despite this, he brought to the plate the ability to dramatically change the game on a single play at any moment. He was a threat that could strike at any time. And when he did, it was electric.

That is what the great ones do. In the end, time and time again, they produce when it matters despite the adversity. They can go 0-3 but then out of nowhere hit a 3-run HR that changes the game. Barry was like that. You might stop him for a while. But just when you thought you had him contained, you suddenly look up and see only his back as he rushes 45 yards for a touchdown. Singlehandedly, game after game, Barry carried his crummy team on his shoulders, all the while with the scope targeted at him on and off the field. That gets old fast for an athlete, especially when their talent is so amazing that others begin to take it for granted and unrealistically expect a home run or a TD every time up. Those are simply unrealistic and unfair expectations. I loved watching Barry Sanders run and I am not even a Lions fan. Even his runs on which he lost yards were sometimes jaw-dropping. Barry was the real deal.

JM80 said:
I normally wouldn't respond, but you must be from Cincinnati or Cleveland our fellow perpetual loser cities, that think that being a better loser, is a good thing. Detroit honestly should have made the playoffs several times this last decade (heck both Cleveland and Cinci found a way), however, they honestly do find ways to lose games. I wouldn't expect a non-fan to know this, but they honestly were much better then their record showed, and that was why EVERYONE wanted Millen gone. The lions don't just lose they make it an art form, hell that was why we lost one of the five best running backs in Barry Sanders he could not take playing for a team that would find ways to negate his performance.

I always thought it has to be a lot of wear and tear on Barry Sanders if the entire game was nothing but handing him the ball over and over.

OMG..... are you serious? Someone is actually argueing the Lions are better than they seem? ROFLMAO!

Put down the koolaid and take it from the rest of us.... the Lions are THAT bad.

How big are the seats? Michigan already has far more than its fair share of fatties.

Allofus123 said: OMG..... are you serious? Someone is actually argueing the Lions are better than they seem? ROFLMAO!

Put down the koolaid and take it from the rest of us.... the Lions are THAT bad.

BigBoyMichigan =oP said: University of Michigan or Michigan State could do a better job then the Detroit Lions - I'd Bet on it.

xtrabad said: That is what the great ones do. In the end, time and time again, they produce when it matters despite the adversity. They can go 0-3 but then out of nowhere hit a 3-run HR that changes the game. Barry was like that. You might stop him for a while. But just when you thought you had him contained, you suddenly look up and see only his back as he rushes 45 yards for a touchdown. Singlehandedly, game after game, Barry carried his crummy team on his shoulders, all the while with the scope targeted at him on and off the field. That gets old fast for an athlete, especially when their talent is so amazing that others begin to take it for granted and unrealistically expect a home run or a TD every time up. Those are simply unrealistic and unfair expectations. I loved watching Barry Sanders run and I am not even a Lions fan. Even his runs on which he lost yards were sometimes jaw-dropping. Barry was the real deal.

I 3-run HR is 3 runs. But a 30 yard run can lead to nothing, it's like getting to 2nd and getting stranded.

I don't know why you lay the "too large expectations" thing down. I was arguing for 4 yards at a time, not saying he should have had longer runs, just more consistency. He would run to the right, get 3 yards, then turn around and run back toward the line of scrimmage hoping to get to the other side and get 15. But instead he'd get caught in the backfield. Yeah, if he got into open field running he was amazing, but he didn't do it often enough.

He was severely hampered by the low quality of the team, there's no doubt. And I thought the run and gun sucked. Barry couldn't make it work and he was the perfect running back to do it.

In the end, for every amazing 40 year run there were 5 drive-ending backfield tackles. And that's a big problem. 'Sanders also holds the NFL record for the most carries for negative yardage. According to the SI Book of Football, these numbers totaled 336 carries for -952 Yards.'

I do agree Barry was a lot less flaky than Dion Sanders. But with Barry the problem was he never seemed to get involved. He didn't lead the team, he didn't even seem to care.

If I eat 16 hot dogs, but then hurl them all up, am I 0-16 or 16-0?

Lions Fans, here is a MUCH better deal for you.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/944647?highlight_key=y&keyword1=glock

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014