• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.classicarms.us/

They just lowered their price. This used to be $480

http://www.classicarms.us/

Description:
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN UNDERFOLD AK RIFLE AT A MORE AFFORDABLE PRICE THEN THIS IS THE ANSWER. ROMANIAN AK-UNDERFOLD RIFLE. SEMI-AUTO, 7.62X39 CALIBER, WITH 45 DEGREE COMP AND BAYONET LUG. ACCESSORIES MEY VARY IN STYLE AND TYPE FROM THOSE IN THE PHOTO BUT ALL COME WITH 2 - 30 ROUND MAGS, SLING, BAYONET WITH SHEATH, MAG POUCH, CLEANING KIT AND MANUAL. ROM-AK MV-UF..........$399.95

thanks V0RT3X

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

In for a thousand, you never know...

I doubt that I could get this shipped to calif without being confiscated.

Can you walk me through exactly how to get one ordered? What kind of license is required? I don't understand "must be shipped to an FFL dealer?"

futu in gura mati el cigan!!!

amploud said: Can you walk me through exactly how to get one ordered? What kind of license is required? I don't understand "must be shipped to an FFL dealer?"

http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/SupportFAQView.asp?FAQID=1118&NoCount=1

An FFL dealer is someone who is licensed to sell guns in your state. This can be a gun store and sometimes certain pawn shops. When it says it needs to ship to a FFL, it means a local FFL in your state. They can't ship the gun to you. That is illegal. What happens is you buy the AK from these guys and you mail/fax them a copy of your local FFL's license. Then they ship it to your local FFL (gun shop or pawn shop) and then once they get it, you come in and start filling the paperwork. Most states don't need a license, just the background check. If your state requires a license, most likely they won't even let this in the state (for example CA, NY). Once the shop runs your paperwork and you are cleared by the FBI (it is an online system so it is like 5 minutes), you walk out with the rifle. It is really that simple. Oh and one more thing, all FFLs charge a "transfer" fee. That is why you should call around your local FFLs and see who charges the least. This "fee" can range from $10 to $100, depending on who you go to. The fee is literally for filling out paperwork and calling the FBI. That's it.

Remember, some states require a period of days before you can take possession of the firearm, even when purchased online. I'm not sure about states requiring licensing not allowing the firearm across the border; it may vary by state. Best bet is to check with your state before proceeding.

good lord that site's author needs to learn to turn off CAPS LOCK. he must be hard of hearing after shooting so much without ear protection.

fuzzymello said: Remember, some states require a period of days before you can take possession of the firearm, even when purchased online. I'm not sure about states requiring licensing not allowing the firearm across the border; it may vary by state. Best bet is to check with your state before proceeding.

Very Good Point, And use a FFL.

Thanks OP for posted this deal. I have one stupid questions for the all the pro in this forum:

1.What is the different between SKS and AK47.
2.What is the different between SKS and AK74.
3.What is the different between AK47 and AK74.
4.Which one is better?

Thanks.

SKS was invented by Simonov prior to the AK (invented by Kalashnikov). They both use the same caliber ammo, but the SKS has a fixed 10 round magazine while AKs can accept various detachable magazines of differing capacity. AK47 stands for Avtomat Kalashnikov and was invented in 1947. It is a 7.62mmx39 caliber weapon. the AK74 is a 5.45mmx39 caliber weapon. There are any number of differences between an SKS and an AK. WHile there are different variations of AKs, the 47 and 74 primarily indicate the caliber of each weapon.

None can be said to be "better" unless you define what you want to do with it and what features are important to you. I prefer AKs in 7.62.

As as aside, while this is probably the least expensive underfolder you can get right now, it is also the roughest, built by Century from WASRs. They will work. However, I personally prefer the Yugo or better underfolders.

All that aside, it is a good price for what you get.

BTW, if one were to get one of these, I would suggest getting some European surplus steel mags or Bulgarian waffle mags. The Tapco mags they come with are junk.

K-var.com has a sale winding down on everything, including waffle mags.

one2gofst said: ......As as aside, while this is probably the least expensive underfolder you can get right now, it is also the roughest, built by Century from WASRs. They will work. However, I personally prefer the Yugo or better underfolders. All that aside, it is a good price for what you get.

Thanks for information. What do you mean by saying: the roughest ? Thanks again.

BTW, a while back I bought a gun from a friend, supposed to be a SKS, but this one accepted all magazines in various sizes, including the drum. Is that meant mine was a AK?, never shot it yet.

By roughest, I mean that the fit and finish is not up to the level of other AKs. WASRs were imported in a "neutered" state to accept 10 round mags and were then "rebuilt" with US parts andthe magazine well ground down to accept standard capacity magazines (they have to do the US parts for 922(r) compliance) Often redone WASRs have mag wobble, canted sight bases and other small issues. Most often these present no funtional issues, they just aren't as "nice" as other AKs.

As far as what you got from your friend, I couldn't say for certain without seeing it or having it described in great detail. There were some SKS that were imported that were built to accept detachable mags. However, most often SKS are modified to accept mags. They can be hit or miss depending on what exactly was done to them. Personally, I have been less than impressed with SKSs in configurations other than the original design. If you want it for a plinker or for hunting I would have no real issues with it. On the other hand, if you want a rifle that you can bet your life on, I'd be sure to, at the least, run it hard and see if you have any hiccups. If so, I would look to a different weapon.

Sorry for the sidetrack of the original thread subject

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014