• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is a combo deal!
Castrol EDGE Full Synthetic Oil
Starts off at $6.50/Quart
First, http://advancegrandopenings.com/admin/contest/coupon $10 off $25 instant rebate at Advanced Auto.

Once you do that, take your receipt and mail in for your Castrol EDGE Rebate of $15
http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?category...
Combined total discount of $25 bringing the total cost for $5 quarts to $7.50

Enjoy!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
My rebate check came in last week.

modal (Dec. 16, 2009 @ 9:30a) |

Well, the manager at AAP in Germantown is writing names down and will not allow multiple uses of the coupon. It does st... (more)

jbserra (Dec. 16, 2009 @ 9:47a) |

It's been said on this board before that every time you go into the store your a new customer so you can use one coupon ... (more)

brotherhpj (Dec. 16, 2009 @ 10:02a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary

Deal is YMMV. Some stores will not accept coupon on sale items.

I don't think the Castrol Edge is on sale so the $10 off coupon should work.

2 AAP stores I've visited didn't let me do the DIY oil change (5qt + filter) deals with the coupons unless I bought another item that when discounted by 40% equaled the amount off.

I'm wondering how much Castrol Edge sells for at WalMart.

$7.49 at WalMart/quart

The castrol edge is not sale item. Regular priced. Mail in rebate is entirely seperate. i called castrol to make sure it is valid with the discount, and they said it would be no problem.

I used the $10 off $25 coupon today at my Advance Auto Parts store on the Pennzoil Platinum synthetic oil that is on sale for $4.99 per quart. I bought 5 quarts (came to $24.95) and a small item for a dollar to get the total over $25. They accepted my coupon with no problems. The Pennzoil synthetic oil also has a rebate of $15 for a 5 quart purchase.

good deal for those needing 5 qts or less. Those that need 6 or more like myself makes it no good.

danman80246 said: good deal for those needing 5 qts or less. Those that need 6 or more like myself makes it no good.6 quarts for $14 is no good? Well, excuse us while we collect our cheap synthetic oil.

islandbayy said: $7.49 at WalMart/quart

WalMart sells the 5 quart container of Edge for $26.50 . Minus the $15 rebate = $11.50

stereo55 said: islandbayy said: $7.49 at WalMart/quart

WalMart sells the 5 quart container of Edge for $26.50 . Minus the $15 rebate = $11.50

Castrol Rebate allows a $10 rebate for 5 quart container purchase.

stereo55 said: islandbayy said: $7.49 at WalMart/quart

Rebate is $10 for the 5 quart container ($15 for 5 separate quarts). Still not a bad option.

Off to AAP...great deal OP!

thx... been wanting to try this oil out on my bimmer. I saw their email a while back and looked pretty cool

Think with your dipstick!

JIMMY!

Dang I should of used the $10 with Pennzoil Platinum !

EDGE in my opinion is a higher quality oil. Runs smoother and cleaner in the motorcycles and cars we service at my shop. (Dont shoot me, this has just been our experience) as well as Valvoline works very well also.

Is Mobile1 full synthetic better or this one? I believe there's 10$ rebate Not sure if already expired.

Mobil 1 all the way! Just b/c of the quality of Mobil. Not considering value!

Mobil 1 all the way! Just b/c of the quality of Mobil 1. Not considering value!

hoe does this compare to castrol synthetic?

pkny said: hoe does this compare to castrol synthetic?

Uhhh....this is Castrol full synthetic.

No, pkny means, Castrol has 2 Full synthetic products. The "Full Synthetic" and then EDGE "Full Synthetic. This one is supposted to be better then the regular (Black Bottle) Full Synthetic.

EDGE only available in 5w30 and 10w30.

Now at $7.50 in store...

is the coupon really only accepted at grand opening stores or can I use it anywhere?

Still $6.50 here in Wisconsin

They have been accepting the coupon at all the stores Ive been going to. Coupon doesnt have any stated limitations on where you can use it.

My store do not have 5w-20, only 5w-30? Does anyone see 5w-20 for this brand?

5w-30 or 10w-30 only for this oil type.

Anyone get the rebate form to download? I get a javascript error with both IE7 and Firefox.

Thanks for the $10 off coupon OP....guess I'll
return my purchase of $30 for refund and
repurchase later using the coupon.

LiverX said: Now at $7.50 in store...

Yes thats the shock I had too...last week it was a $1. cheaper. Must be Castrol figured we're giving a $15 rebate might as
well jack up the price a buck. I passed as the deal cooled off big time!

brotherhpj said: LiverX said: Now at $7.50 in store...

Yes thats the shock I had too...last week it was a $1. cheaper. Must be Castrol figured we're giving a $15 rebate might as
well jack up the price a buck. I passed as the deal cooled off big time!

Well, still not bad at around $2.00+ per quart. I guess it's still $6.50 in Wisc.
(I'm in MN, still no New Glarus Spotted Cow either).

Just stopped back from Advanced, needed gear lube. The EDGE I am going to re-confirm as of this instant, is still $6.60 ^_^

Say this type of synthetic does last 15k miles. Would they promote with a filter that would also last as long?

Their are some filters out their, one being Fram, although I would never use a piece of junk fram filter in my vehicles.

Personally, if you decide to go with 15k mile drain interval, I'd still change just the filter every 3-5k miles. Nice $2 filter from Wal-Mart (Supertech wallyworld filter in my opinion is superior construction to the cardboard laden frams at half the price!)

Went to Advance again today to get 5 more quarts. Shelf price was $6.50, however, they rang up as $7.50
The changed the price to reflect the difference, but I now confirm, Wisconsin is now $7.50

i went to advance today... it was priced at 7.49... before going i checked price online @ their site.. it was 6.49... told them the same and they gave me oil @ 6.49... total after coupon + tax came out to be 24.10...

i wish they had big 5quart instead of small 1q bottles...

I think the Castrol is better.
And now (October) you get 5 quarts of Castrol Edge plus an oil filter for 24.99. After the $10 coupon and the $15 rebate, it is free. You just have to add something for a penny or more to get up to $25 so you can use the coupon,

Skipping 8 Messages...
jbserra said: islandbayy said: Still $6.50 here in Wisconsin

They have been accepting the coupon at all the stores Ive been going to. Coupon doesnt have any stated limitations on where you can use it.

Well, the manager at AAP in Germantown is writing names down and will not allow multiple uses of the coupon. It does state one use per customer so they are enforcing it.

I don't enjoy going to this AAP anymore. There used to be a better team there.

It's been said on this board before that every time you go into the store your a new customer so you can use one coupon fulfilling the "One Per Customer" clause. If it says one per household or address or name than your stuck using the coupon only once. That's my spin on that issue...you might feel different!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014