• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I had an old coupon from a mailer I got that expired in April but the mailer was from February. Anyway, I went to order some of rain handlers and when the coupon popped as invalid on the site I "guessed" a coupon code. Since the mailers go out about once every 6 months I tried "WH0809" as the code. To my amazement it took 91% off!!

Anyway, I tried to add another rain handler and it came up full price. So I don't know the details around this code but I wanted to post it. I already got a confirmation email that my order had processed and it being prepared for shipping. Below is my invoice. Of course YMMV, but good luck!

Products
------------------------------------------------------
3 x Rainhandler (White) (1115) = $65.70
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $65.70
Table Rate (Best Way): $0.00
Discount Coupons:WH0809: -$59.75
Total: $5.95

Edit (9/15/09): Got a call about the pricing mistake. It appears the code is still good but only for a discount to $9.95 each with free shipping. Still a deal.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good coupon find.

It is of course personal choice, but it is not a good idea to get rid of gutters. The water that lands near the house will get into the basement/foundation and cause other problems. At best this will disperse the water 6-12 inches away from the house.

I got these for aesthetic purposes - I felt the front of my home looked cluttered with 50 downspouts all over the place , not to mention the pain of dealing with tree debris in the old gutters. I'm pretty happy with them and I've had them for 3-4 yrs now. I'm in the northeast so I get rain and snow and ice, and I've not had any problems.

As far as this "Deal" goes, ain't gonna happen(IMO). Your order will never ship at 91% off. It's obviously some sort of price/discount code error. They will catch it and you will be informed as to your options. Count on it!

maybe I'm blind but, where does the promo code get entered?

shadyj said: but it is not a good idea to get rid of gutters

I agree, but I don't have gutters now. I'm just trying to lessen the impact of the full stream hitting the same place on the ground.

HTuttle said: I'm in the northeast so I get rain and snow and ice, and I've not had any problems....They will catch it and you will be informed as to your options.

Good to know, I'm right on the NH border in MA so I am in the same boat. Knowing they work I'd be willing to pay more in case they "catch" me.

Jetski110 said: maybe I'm blind but, where does the promo code get entered?

After you create an account, same page where it asks for CC info. I did a dummy account the first time to test, there is no "validation" process.

I see what happened, the Roof and Deck Cleaner does not allow for coupon use.

marcucci said: shadyj said: but it is not a good idea to get rid of gutters

I agree, but I don't have gutters now. I'm just trying to lessen the impact of the full stream hitting the same place on the ground.

HTuttle said: I'm in the northeast so I get rain and snow and ice, and I've not had any problems....They will catch it and you will be informed as to your options.

Good to know, I'm right on the NH border in MA so I am in the same boat. Knowing they work I'd be willing to pay more in case they "catch" me.

marcucci - Again, I am a satisfied customer and I have NOT had any problems,myself. Further, I would buy these again, without reservation, but... When I researched these, I read comments about icing when these are above a patio, driveway, or other hard surface. I also recall reading various comments from users who were not satisfied and felt the amount of dispersion was inadequate. I just wanted to point this out. Like with most things, I suppose, "ymmv", but you probably knew that already

Coupon took off about 8% for me.

Looks like the magic number is qty of 3. It looks like it takes off a fixed 59.75 even if you add more.

Order Qty 2 and your total is 0.00.

15 ft ain't much use to me. Maybe you can order multiple times? 3 at a pop, 2 at a pop would be cheaper I guess!

shadyj said: Good coupon find.

It is of course personal choice, but it is not a good idea to get rid of gutters. The water that lands near the house will get into the basement/foundation and cause other problems. At best this will disperse the water 6-12 inches away from the house.
Not if you live in Florida. There are many experts who are of the opinion, that removing gutters is a wise thing to do as far as protecting a house and trim from wood rot. Most of the time during our heavy rains, the gutters can not come close to handling the water flowing off the roof and do nothing but overflow and redirect water back agaist the house. It's much better to let the rainwater pick up speed and fall away from the house. After repairing wood rot on facia and soffits, the first thing many people do is rip off the gutters.

A properly sloped yard and proper landscaping/plantings should remove any problems with water against the foundation.

Got the call today..."sorry our website made a mistake...(blah, blah, blah)...the price should have been $9.95 each." So I guess it's still a deal, just not as good.

HTuttle said: As far as this "Deal" goes, ain't gonna happen(IMO). Your order will never ship at 91% off. It's obviously some sort of price/discount code error. They will catch it and you will be informed as to your options. Count on it!

The thrill of getting to quote myself..... Priceless LOL

HTuttle said: HTuttle said: As far as this "Deal" goes, ain't gonna happen(IMO). Your order will never ship at 91% off. It's obviously some sort of price/discount code error. They will catch it and you will be informed as to your options. Count on it!

Did you have to explain where you got the code ? I am awaiting the call and want to buy at the 9.95 price.

Branded said: Did you have to explain where you got the code ? I am awaiting the call and want to buy at the 9.95 price.

I don't think they are concerned at all about where you got the code. Just tell them a friend emailed it to you.

All I'm saying is that whatever code you use, if there's an error taking off some ridiculous percentage, they will catch it. I don't think they're zombies processing 100's of orders and it's gonna pass by them and I don't think they feel like they have any obligation to process an order based on a mistake.

HTuttle said: HTuttle said: As far as this "Deal" goes, ain't gonna happen(IMO). Your order will never ship at 91% off. It's obviously some sort of price/discount code error. They will catch it and you will be informed as to your options. Count on it!

So, just curious, where is your level of "never?" If these are now $9.95 which appears to be about 60% off, would you have believed him? Godiva chocolates were posted after Christmas at 90% and I bought 10 boxes of "never ship" and enjoyed them (and gave away 9 boxes). $6 for a $60 box.

The cost of trying is zero, worst case scenario is they cancel the order. It just amazes me that time after time we get the posts telling us that there is no way this will ship. Better to have tried and failed than to tell someone else not to try, that seems to work for me.

Thanks OP!

ellisd said: HTuttle said: HTuttle said: As far as this "Deal" goes, ain't gonna happen(IMO). Your order will never ship at 91% off. It's obviously some sort of price/discount code error. They will catch it and you will be informed as to your options. Count on it!

So, just curious, where is your level of "never?" If these are now $9.95 which appears to be about 60% off, would you have believed him? Godiva chocolates were posted after Christmas at 90% and I bought 10 boxes of "never ship" and enjoyed them (and gave away 9 boxes). $6 for a $60 box.

The cost of trying is zero, worst case scenario is they cancel the order. It just amazes me that time after time we get the posts telling us that there is no way this will ship. Better to have tried and failed than to tell someone else not to try, that seems to work for me.

Thanks OP!

Hey, thanks for the opportunity to quote myself, quoting myself

No where, absolutely no where did I say don't do it. What I said was In My Opinion (IMO), the transaction would never go through at %91 off. I said they would see this and offer you options to cancel your order or accept some alternate discount that they would offer you, and, based on marcucci's last post that's exactly what happend. Enjoy your your chocolates ! by all means

not 59.95 off anymore

for 2

$43.80
Sub-Total: $43.80
Discount Coupons:WH0809: -$23.90
Table Rate (Best Way): $5.00
Total: $24.90

for 3

$65.70
Sub-Total: $65.70
Discount Coupons:WH0809: -$35.85
Total: $29.85

for 4

$87.60
Sub-Total: $87.60
Discount Coupons:WH0809: -$47.80
Total: $39.80

Your order for 3 Rainhandlers has been received. Our offers are $9.95 each Rainhandler and $5 shipping & handling. Maximum order 5 Rainhandlers.

Almost all our customers order 5 or more, so website calculates the discount for 5 Rainhandlers, which is $59.75 as you can see in a copy of the order you received. Your total for 3 Rainhandlers would be $34.85 including $5 shipping & handling. You already paid $5.95, so there will be an additional charge of $28.90 to your card. Please let us if you are OK with this, so I can ship your order. Sorry for the inconvenience.

idex said: Your order for 3 Rainhandlers has been received. Our offers are $9.95 each Rainhandler and $5 shipping & handling. Maximum order 5 Rainhandlers.

Almost all our customers order 5 or more, so website calculates the discount for 5 Rainhandlers, which is $59.75 as you can see in a copy of the order you received. Your total for 3 Rainhandlers would be $34.85 including $5 shipping & handling. You already paid $5.95, so there will be an additional charge of $28.90 to your card. Please let us if you are OK with this, so I can ship your order. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Did they actually bill your card $5.95? Sounds like a completed contract.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014