• Text Only

Be thrifty! fatwallet.com - saving the planet one hot deal at a time
Disclaimer
Here's my entry: the "be thrifty! fatwallet sun-flower"

This is an environmental/economical theme that incorporates the fatwallet.com logo into a sun (one ultimate source of clean energy) that is also a daisy off of the second "l" in fatwallet.com. Nine stars form the backdrop as a nod to 2009.

Text:
Be thrifty!
fatwallet.com - saving the planet
one hot deal at a time

T-shirt color: black

Technologist said: MIGHT I suggest that FW also allow users/members to BUY a winning shirt, should they want?

Some of us might actually consider PAYING for the right to advertise the site to others in our area... and some may like the winning shirt so much we want to buy 3, or 4, or 10 to give to friends/family!

*PS, DO I get a free winning shirt (or 3) for offering the suggestion? FW makes a buck off everybody that buys one, plus you get a printing discount for BUYING more shirts, and everyone is happy!*

Lets make it easy... if this response gets 100 GREEN, then you offer the winning shirt for sale...

As I noted in the 15 response to this thread, I challenged FW to also off the winning shirt for SALE, if that response got 100 Green votes... Well, it is nearly 3/4s of the way there!

Go back and vote it Green!!

*NOTE - FW has not committed to take the challenge, but unless it gets at least 100 green, we have no basis for begging and pleading for them to sell the winning shirt to us!*

Technologist said: Technologist said: MIGHT I suggest that FW also allow users/members to BUY a winning shirt, should they want?

Some of us might actually consider PAYING for the right to advertise the site to others in our area... and some may like the winning shirt so much we want to buy 3, or 4, or 10 to give to friends/family!

*PS, DO I get a free winning shirt (or 3) for offering the suggestion? FW makes a buck off everybody that buys one, plus you get a printing discount for BUYING more shirts, and everyone is happy!*

Lets make it easy... if this response gets 100 GREEN, then you offer the winning shirt for sale...

As I noted in the 15 response to this thread, I challenged FW to also off the winning shirt for SALE, if that response got 100 Green votes... Well, it is nearly 3/4s of the way there!

*NOTE - FW has not committed to take the challenge, but unless it gets at least 100 green, we have no basis for begging and pleading for them to sell the winning shirt to us!*

Why don't you just pay me $5 and I'll make a design for you to submit?

Kunai said: Technologist said: Technologist said: MIGHT I suggest that FW also allow users/members to BUY a winning shirt, should they want?

Why don't you just pay me $5 and I'll make a design for you to submit?

Because I (like some others) may want MORE than 1 shirt, and are willing to pay for them???

2009 black friday shirt
Disclaimer
here is my entry for this year..i was a finalist last year so hopefully i can get over the hump this year

jfreak623 said: here is my entry for this year..i was a finalist last year so hopefully i can get over the hump this year

B&M will not understand !

DO you have the link for last year's contest thread? I forgot what my entry was...wanted to see...

Design on Ash Grey T-Shirt
Disclaimer

BF2009 RPS Design
Disclaimer
Okay here's my design. Basic premise is you play to win on Black Friday!

The Greatest Wave of Deals
Disclaimer
I'm afraid I'm just an engineer with no creative talent at all really...

But this came to mind...

destination FW
Disclaimer
my attempt

Good idea, but a little too complex for silkscreen.

Edit - I think I'll put my response on a TShirt instead.

Black Friday 2009 shirt
Disclaimer
Thanks..

I'm not talented enough to make a shirt, but someone needs to pock fun of the WalMart incident last year.

Concept art
Disclaimer
I couldn't resist. I won't actually submit this one for voting. Too political/racist in some eyes to have any chance.

America's Got Wallet
Disclaimer
Here's another one. More down to earth this time.

I@BF
Disclaimer
A simple one.

Cash Savings T
Disclaimer
Short and to the point

nice choice of font!

Entry
Disclaimer
My entry.. hope you guys like.

Technologist said: MIGHT I suggest that FW also allow users/members to BUY a winning shirt, should they want?

Gave you a Green. I actually emailed FW last year, since I liked the shirt so much and was floored they did not offer one for purchase. Free money to FW, and no one considered it. I love walking around crazy places like Frys on BF, and to see fellow FW'rs would be cool.

FW_BF_09 Submission
Disclaimer
Not much of an artist, but here's my mad mspaint shirt design

Anyone that uses mspaint gets green by me.

quiche fatwallet tshirt
Disclaimer
not as inspired as some other entries, but I enjoyed it...

I'mma let you finish
Disclaimer

I'mma let you finish jpg
Disclaimer
Here's my go. I know it's a cheap shot, but we're all cheap here, right?

Yo mall, I'm really happy for you, I'mma let you finish, but Fatwallet.com has one of the best Black Fridays of all time!

BF 2009
Disclaimer
Here is my humble entry, playing on the script from the movie Blazing Saddles...By the way, that's a cup of coffee and the Fatwallet Logo is the steam coming off the cup...

designsmall
Disclaimer
Titled: "Fatwalleters Take Black Friday Seriously."
My submission. In case it's not obvious, a fatwalleter is camping out, first in line!

@91 now... 9 more and I can viably go to Hathed and Tim with a proposal for selling the shirts!

Thanks ALL!

Ccatnap's 2009 Fat Wallet T-Shirt
Disclaimer
Here is my submission. I love all the shirts I have seen so far! Good luck everyone!

Sign me up for the 2009 shirt. I would definitely buy one.

Thought of a nifty little poem while viewing consumerist.com black friday post;

Black Friday follows Turkey Day,
and doesn't have to include long lines and be a bore.
Go to fatwallet.com beforehand,
to get FatWallet CashBack and avoid the store.
P.S. selling the shirts defeats the promotion aspects. I imagine FW has this promotion so they can get revenue through deal postings around Black Friday. If they sell them to everybody, that takes the incentive away from getting members to post hot deals and make affiliate commissions for FW. IMO the shirts should be a prize for participating in shirt contest and hot deal postings. To sell them to everyone cheapens the win.

If the shirt for sale was different from the shirt that could be earned/won, it would increase post revenue and add shirt sales to that.

But that's just my opinion.

Entry
Disclaimer
My entry (simple/clean)

FrugalFreak said:
P.S. selling the shirts defeats the promotion aspects. I imagine FW has this promotion so they can get revenue through deal postings around Black Friday. If they sell them to everybody, that takes the incentive away from getting members to post hot deals and make affiliate commissions for FW. IMO the shirts should be a prize for participating in shirt contest and hot deal postings. To sell them to everyone cheapens the win.

If the shirt for sale was different from the shirt that could be earned/won, it would increase post revenue and add shirt sales to that.

But that's just my opinion.

I mean no disrespect, but I think that selling the t-shirts to Fatwalletters who want to flaunt them, and maybe donating the proceeds to charity if they don't want to make a profit, would in no way cheapen the win. People still want a free t-shirt and people will continue posting designs simply to get a free t-shirt. That is what being an Fatwalletter is all about, to get something for free by working at it (applying coupons and rebates and gift cards). In this case, to get something for free (a t-shirt), people need to work just as hard (designing something worth looking at and posting hot deals). Getting the t-shirt via the promotion would be like Fatwallet Nirvana and people would continue to pour in the designs to that end.

Going back to the t-shirt being sold, I would buy a whole bunch of them if I know that I will be helping Fatwallet grow and get recognized, or helping a charity. I remember back in the day going to Tiger Direct, yes that's right, Tiger Direct, and getting 4 free red Black Friday T-shirts, and my wife and I wearing them on Black Friday. I was proud to wear it to help Fatwallet and I would do the same this year if it helps out (No, I will not wear that red t-shirt because I would look like a big, stuffed, red burrito - I have gained a few pounds since then). Definitely hope that the t-shirts are sold and again, I mean no disrespect to anyone nor do I want to seem to be stepping on anyone's toes, specially Chief Mucky Muck's. It's just my opinion...

Or offer the first place shirt for hot deals only, and the second place shirt for people who want to buy it. That way you can tell the wanna-bes from the real deal posters. LOL

I'd probably get one.

fantasma62 said: Here is my humble entry, playing on the script from the movie Blazing Saddles...By the way, that's a cup of coffee and the Fatwallet Logo is the steam coming off the cup...

It was brought to my attention that I "ripped off" another entry from a previous year. This was pointed out to me in Facebook by a member. I looked at last year's entries and did not find this. Still, if someone feels that I have ripped off their design, I want to assure you that it was not done on purpose, and that in fact I lack the necessary imagination to make a cool t-shirt and feel compelled to copy others unknowingly....

fantasma62 said: fantasma62 said: Here is my humble entry, playing on the script from the movie Blazing Saddles...By the way, that's a cup of coffee and the Fatwallet Logo is the steam coming off the cup...

It was brought to my attention that I "ripped off" another entry from a previous year. This was pointed out to me in Facebook by a member. I looked at last year's entries and did not find this. Still, if someone feels that I have ripped off their design, I want to assure you that it was not done on purpose, and that in fact I lack the necessary imagination to make a cool t-shirt and feel compelled to copy others unknowingly....

They may have been referencing mine on page 4 of this thread, they both have coffee cups?

markj11 said: fantasma62 said: fantasma62 said: Here is my humble entry, playing on the script from the movie Blazing Saddles...By the way, that's a cup of coffee and the Fatwallet Logo is the steam coming off the cup...

They may have been referencing mine on page 4 of this thread, they both have coffee cups?

If that's the case, I am sorry, it's a case of not enough imagination, definitely did not want to rip off your idea....

fantasma62 said: fantasma62 said: Here is my humble entry, playing on the script from the movie Blazing Saddles...By the way, that's a cup of coffee and the Fatwallet Logo is the steam coming off the cup...

I was referencing THIS years entry as already using a FW swirl as heat from a coffee cup link.

If not done intentionally, then I apologize fantasma62. maybe it is a good idea to view entries and make one that is not similar to other ones already submitted. EVERYONE has some imagination, just have to observe what is good about fatwallet and apply it.

* I left you a message on that photo of shirt.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.