• Text Only
What about "Fatwallet Black Friday 2009: I am STILL the Revolution"

knov87 said: Would this be qualified?

I really like your design/idea a lot, so take what I am about to say with that in mind.

It will print terribly on a T-shirt. You would have to use a lot of halftoning to get the various levels of gray and green in your image. Unfortunately with silk screening, you are limited to fairly large "dots". As a result, it is difficult to get halftoning that is truly convincing, and while it still can be used fairly well as an accent, your shirt will look pretty poor if it is used over large areas. It is great looking drawing, but trying to get it to still look good while only using a 3 color palette will be extremely difficult, at the very least you would have to drop the darker green from the image so you could have white and a shade of gray. Maybe you will get lucky and someone who is really good in photoshop will take up your cause (unfortunately that person is not me).

It is a shame fatwallet won't bump up the allowed colors to 5 or so. It is really hard to do anything on the artistic side with only 3 colors.

I have no creative talent.

So how about "Fatwallet Black Friday 2009: I saw, I shopped & I didn't go broke"

My entry..

Technologist said: MIGHT I suggest that FW also allow users/members to BUY a winning shirt, should they want?

Some of us might actually consider PAYING for the right to advertise the site to others in our area... and some may like the winning shirt so much we want to buy 3, or 4, or 10 to give to friends/family!

*PS, DO I get a free winning shirt (or 3) for offering the suggestion? FW makes a buck off everybody that buys one, plus you get a printing discount for BUYING more shirts, and everyone is happy!*

Lets make it easy... if this response gets 100 GREEN, then you offer the winning shirt for sale...

And the WINNER IS

Lovin' the Green Lantern one!

fixfox69 said: From the point of view of people who are not familiar with this site, I must say "I love FW", sounds far better than "I love SD"..

Some of us go both ways...

White shirt. Black 3" diagonal stripes, but could be vertical to match their shirts.. Fatwallet spiral on front, black preferred, and logo on back, also black.

Of course then we could all go eat HERE for lunch and see if they notice.. (US website is a little annoying with the noise so gave the UK one..)

Then there is always the stealth shirt option. Black shirt with black logos, do it right and only the astute will notice it..

Really the best shirt would be one that's unacceptably close to the shirts in the store that you like the most. That way you can direct other customers to the wrong end of the store and go get your deals unmolested.

bananafish90 said: Here's my swing: Green is the new Black.

It's cliche--but that makes for a better t-shirt I think. Emailed you a higher quality .eps file, but here's the concept for voting.

Like the idea, but couldn't you reverse the white and green for a 'new black' shirt?

T (103.06kB)
Disclaimer
Hmmm.... Does the hunting reference - No bag limits, Tagging not required - make sense to everyone or should I go with the text 'Turkeys Rest Easy' ? Too many decisions!!! this is just 1 of a few ideas. :/

JorgeBurrito said: knov87 said: Would this be qualified?

I really like your design/idea a lot, so take what I am about to say with that in mind.

It will print terribly on a T-shirt. You would have to use a lot of halftoning to get the various levels of gray and green in your image. Unfortunately with silk screening, you are limited to fairly large "dots". As a result, it is difficult to get halftoning that is truly convincing, and while it still can be used fairly well as an accent, your shirt will look pretty poor if it is used over large areas. It is great looking drawing, but trying to get it to still look good while only using a 3 color palette will be extremely difficult, at the very least you would have to drop the darker green from the image so you could have white and a shade of gray. Maybe you will get lucky and someone who is really good in photoshop will take up your cause (unfortunately that person is not me).

It is a shame fatwallet won't bump up the allowed colors to 5 or so. It is really hard to do anything on the artistic side with only 3 colors.

Your critic is greatly welcome and a very good one.
That was also my concern. Would the different shade of gray count as one color? Also different shade of green count as one color?
Would someone from the judge panel let me know?
Thanks

knov87 said: Here's another one
I believe it's one design per person.

If I can, I'd put few more design idea in, too.

Wow knov! Your design rocks! Did you actually sketch the super hero?

Alan69 said: bananafish90 said: Here's my swing: Green is the new Black.

It's cliche--but that makes for a better t-shirt I think. Emailed you a higher quality .eps file, but here's the concept for voting.

Like the idea, but couldn't you reverse the white and green for a 'new black' shirt?

It's a good suggestion, I just like the idea of the word green being green and black being black.

knov87 said:
That was also my concern. Would the different shade of gray count as one color? Also different shade of green count as one color?
Thanks

Assuming they are using standard print screening, which I am sure they are, each shade would count as a different color. That is why I was talking about half toning which in your case means taking a whole bunch of tiny white dots against your black background. If the dots are small enough and in the correct density, your eye will see it as different shades of gray, without actually using the color gray. Like I said before though, half toning doesn't work all that well with T-shirts. If you want to do something hand drawn like this (which I hope you either perhaps rework this design or do something new as, like I said earlier I really like your work), the easiest to convert would be a drawing done in ink.

bananafish90 said:
It's a good suggestion, I just like the idea of the word green being green and black being black.

Oh yeah, but I like the idea of a green shirt.. You could spot other FW'ters from the other side of the store/parking lot.

I'm no lawyer but you may have copyright infringement issues with your design knov87

dirtyemu said: I'm no lawyer but you may have copyright infringement issues with your design knov87

Too bad because it was a cool look.

R.I.P.

realdesign (107.12kB)
Disclaimer

babydollin (248.33kB)
Disclaimer
Here's mine on a babydoll T for the ladies.

bf2009 (99.35kB)
Disclaimer
well ?! - comments are welcome!

Skull (73.58kB)
Disclaimer
hmmm, thinking of a couple designs here ... either one worthy? probably not, just like last year ...

FW (33.53kB)
Disclaimer
simple

My entry (I removed my first) any thoughts? Design change ideas?

cheapo1 said: My second entry

" Limit one entry per member." from OP

MISURICK said: well ?! - comments are welcome!

Too busy for my tastes, but that is just my tastes

darkonus said: hmmm, thinking of a couple designs here ... either one worthy? probably not, just like last year ...

I like the second one better.

cheapo1 said: My second entry

I like it, I would go with this one as your official entry over your first shirt. I would maybe go for a slighlty lighter color of green for your second color to bring out the contrast a little more.

markj11 said: simple

But it tells a lot. My favorite so far (that doesn't edge on copyright issues).

It's only the one color with degrees of opacity (photoshop)

Thanks for the feedback !

knov87 said: JorgeBurrito said: knov87 said: Would this be qualified?

Thanks

If we narrowed down to one green, it would qualify. The design may need some simplifying to make it successful in screen printing. Send your edits to tshirtdesign@fatwallet and we'll take them into consideration.

edit: double post

Despite the awesomeness of my earlier design, i realize fatwallet is probably not going to chose a shirt that calls everyone a deadbeat. So this is the design I actually submitted. Any ideas for improvement are of course welcome.

CTV1337 said: All my posts...

Love the idea, I think you'll have to simplify the art work for silk-screening though. For those who aren't familiar:

You tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg

A must-see really. I'd love to wear something like this on BF.

lpickles said: knov87 said: JorgeBurrito said: knov87 said: Would this be qualified?

Thanks

If we narrowed down to one green, it would qualify. The design may need some simplifying to make it successful in screen printing. Send your edits to tshirtdesign@fatwallet and we'll take them into consideration.

So can I basically put any image I find on the net and write something on it and submit it? Assuming it prints well? As someone mentioned I dont really know about copyright stuff, but if someone else draws or creates a graphic, I can still submit it? Or another question is, for example someone changed the Geico slogan and made it a fw slogan thats ok? Just so I dont do anything wrong! Thanks

leooo said: lpickles said: knov87 said: JorgeBurrito said: knov87 said: Would this be qualified?

Thanks

So can I basically put any image I find on the net and write something on it and submit it? Assuming it prints well? As someone mentioned I dont really know about copyright stuff, but if someone else draws or creates a graphic, I can still submit it? Or another question is, for example someone changed the Geico slogan and made it a fw slogan thats ok? Just so I dont do anything wrong! Thanks

Assuming it falls within all the rules, including copyrighted materials, those suggested revisions would make the design ready for print.

lpickles said: leooo said:

Assuming it falls within all the rules, including copyrighted materials, those suggested revisions would make the design ready for print.

Basic copyright law is you need to get permission from the author to use their image (or a likeness of their image), so no you can't just take any image and use it. Some give permission freely and will often state on the webpage that image may be used without restriction. Others will want you to pay for the rights to use the image. The Geico shirt and perhaps others likely fall under Parody and can get around copyright via the fair use exception. Some of the shirt designs so far probably have copyright issues, but that is up to fw to sort out and decide how much of a risk they want to take as copyright law is often not black and white.

JorgeBurrito said: lpickles said: leooo said:

Basic copyright law is you need to get permission from the author to use their image (or a likeness of their image), so no you can't just take any image and use it. Some give permission freely and will often state on the webpage that image may be used without restriction. Others will want you to pay for the rights to use the image. The Geico shirt and perhaps others likely fall under Parody and can get around copyright via the fair use exception. Some of the shirt designs so far probably have copyright issues, but that is up to fw to sort out and decide how much of a risk they want to take as copyright law is often not black and white.

You can also get images via public domain which the prior copyright has expired. Mine came from link

A quick idea...

GREAT designs so far everyone.

Using cheapo1 as inspiration this is my submission.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014