• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Congrats to the finalists: usernametaken, AlStatic, bronkman, biscuitarts, 133tness, DelCheapo, freefall, Hater, Jfreak623, taipan. And way to go to the winning design: freefall

Win fame, glory, and premium FatWallet schwag. Design the official FatWallet Black Friday 2009 t-shirt.

Back by popular demand, we're calling for your creativity and fashion sense. Not a designer...don't have design software...first time on the runway? Don't sweat it. Some of the greatest designs started on a napkin. Scribble your idea the best you can, take a picture and email it to us (per instructions below). You can do it!

See 2008 entry samples in our Facebook gallery for a kick-start. And become a fan already;)
Check out the FatWallet blog for links to some helpful T-shirt design tips.

The Details
  • The top 10 designs, (chosen by our impartial staff) will be announced at the top of this topic (Oct. 20).
  • The community can vote for their favorite Top 10 design in a polling topic posted in the Hot Deals Forum October 20-22.
  • Design receiving the most votes will go into limited production.
  • This year, all entries will receive one shirt.
  • See 2009 entries here as we receive them. Or reply to this topic and link to your design.
The Winner
  • Gets his or her design in ink, on cotton!
  • Receives premium schwag (let's just say it's a big box that includes a NEW personalized FatWallet jersey).
  • Receives a dozen of their winning design to share with friends and family.
  • Attains their moment in cyber history.

How can you get a T-shirt? Starting Thursday Oct. 8, post a Hot Deal topic for our 2009 Hot Deals for Black Friday T-shirts Promotion.

To Enter
  • Email your design in .jpg, .eps, or PDF file format to: tshirtdesign@fatwallet.com
  • You must be a FatWallet member to enter. Limit one entry per member.
  • Deadline for entries is October 16, 2009, 5:00 PM CST
Design Rules and Restrictions
  • Theme: Black Friday 2009
  • 3 color (max.), one side only
  • T-shirt color must be solid (one color)
  • Graphic size (max.): width-16", height 18"
  • Must incorporate FatWallet.com logo (below) in 1 of 4 options:
    PMS green 376 and white; PMS green 376 and black; all black, or all white
    (No alterations, drop shadows, or glow effects on the FatWallet.com logo)

• Note: Designs will be judged on originality and incorporation of Black Friday theme and FatWallet logo. By submitting an entry: contestants are agreeing to enter only original materials. Plagiarism, trademark/copyright infringement will result in disqualification. All entry designs become property of FatWallet. Contestants agree to the publication and reproduction of their entered design by FatWallet, Inc.
  • Reproducibility (silk screen process) will be a consideration of the judging
    Entries submitted as a drawing will need modifications for reproducibility (per FatWallet discretion).

• Don't forget to brand it! (Click images for larger format)

del.icio.us
reddit
Yahoo MyWeb
Google
Squidoo
StumbleUpon

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
If you have an artistic edge and you like to design t-shirts, lsdink provides the perfect platform for you to showcase ... (more)

lsdink (Nov. 28, 2009 @ 3:53p) |

Good idea kjl1977.

tainted (Feb. 03, 2010 @ 7:26p) |

Thanks for sharing the knowledge and idea on how to make and design a t-shirt. this will serves as a guidelines to the p... (more)

kittelsoncarpo (Feb. 12, 2010 @ 3:18a) |

the Top Ten and voting thread is here

In your design criterion, dont forget to consider how the T-Shirt looks when wet
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

grey
Disclaimer

E-VOLVE
Disclaimer
My entry;

T'shirt Color-
Heather Gray

The theory behind this shirt is transformation & E-volving from a "Paid too much" newbie
to a veteran deal seeker.

I'm a dummy. forget this =)

sounds interesting, I may try

The FW logo links aren't working.

I would love to attain my "moment in cyber history," but I have no artistic talent at all.

Black Friday 2009
Disclaimer
Here you go. The 2009 variant of my design from last year.

johnsonshaw said: The FW logo links aren't working.

Fixed, thanks!

Just submitted my entry!

Any chance we can get smaller sizes for the females this year?? Please?

How about a little boy, like Calvin, urinating on a Best Buy sign.

Fatwallet 2008 BF contest entry
Disclaimer
drew2money said: How about a little boy, like Calvin, urinating on a Best Buy sign.

I had that idea last year. I had him urinating on B&M though. Looked awesome, but got shot down =( (supposedly potential copyright issues)

drew2money said: How about a little boy, like Calvin, urinating on a Best Buy sign.

This is a T-Shirt contest. You'll have to wait for the "Pickup Truck Decal" contest.

How can you get a T-shirt? Starting Oct. 1, post a Hot Deal topic in our "2009 Hot Deals for Black Friday T-shirts Promotion"
until all the Black Friday T-shirts we print up are claimed. Rules and other fun details will follow. Stay tuned!

I'll definitely do my best to remember that. ^_^

(I have no talent in designing. ^_^)

sketch
Disclaimer
Here's my submission, I'm pretty sure I can submit through here..

MIGHT I suggest that FW also allow users/members to BUY a winning shirt, should they want?

Some of us might actually consider PAYING for the right to advertise the site to others in our area... and some may like the winning shirt so much we want to buy 3, or 4, or 10 to give to friends/family!

*PS, DO I get a free winning shirt (or 3) for offering the suggestion? FW makes a buck off everybody that buys one, plus you get a printing discount for BUYING more shirts, and everyone is happy!*

Lets make it easy... if this response gets 100 GREEN, then you offer the winning shirt for sale...

Jim, I am a doctor, not a fashion designer!

Anyway, this year I hope designers will create a ritzy money themed shirt or something representing the accumilation of golden wealth rather than a dark Halloween design.

R.I.P.

I don't have the time or the creative talent, but I think some sort of shirt with Kanye interrupting and saying that Black Friday 2002 was much better is in order.

Thanks for the idea to sell the shirts to those who may want to buy one. I will bring this up for discussion and investigate what it would take to creat some sort of eCommerce area to purchase, or perhaps it could be made available with a Cash Back purchase? Stay tuned...!

I think it should have a slogan like "Black Friday Deals that even leaves Kanye Speechless... Black Friday 2009"

How about FatWallet sweatshirt. It's usually cold on Black Friday.

How about "BFF: Black Friday Fatwallet"

green is the new black t-shirt
Disclaimer
Here's my swing: Green is the new Black.

It's cliche--but that makes for a better t-shirt I think. Emailed you a higher quality .eps file, but here's the concept for voting.

I was thinking something like this

Goofy Idea

Have a Black Friday!
Disclaimer
Cool. Here is mine. Simple, but it will stand out.

I envisioned this being on the back, and have the standard FW logo at the left chest, or to have the design on the front and have small FW logo at the back center (like a shirt that was previously given out), but I think it can stand on its own, too (I am only allowed to design one side).

The barcode at the bottom should be on front. If the image ends up being on the back of the shirt, the barcode should be moved to front (or can be eliminated).

Here is PDF version.

In honor of all the deadbeats
Disclaimer
Dedicated to all my homies in the finance forum. We deserve T-shirts too...

Of course I am sure this T-shirt doesn't apply to any of you.

JorgeBurrito said: Dedicated to all my homies in the finance forum. We deserve T-shirts too...

Of course I am sure this T-shirt doesn't apply to any of you.

GREAT IDEA!

and take the next part the way I meant it.... because I WANT THIS SHIRT!

We need a PRO to make this really GOOD, then we can sell them on FWF!

Suggest you start a thread in FWF, and post this idea... and ask for more from our FWF friends.

*In true FWF style, we can split the proceeds!*

Really good shirt... the only thing I would change is "DEADBEATS"... make it DEADBEAT (that enforces the ONE-on one message to the person reading it)

From the point of view of people who are not familiar with this site, I must say "I love FW", sounds far better than "I love SD"..

Technologist said:

GREAT IDEA!

and take the next part the way I meant it.... because I WANT THIS SHIRT!

Thanks, but honestly, it took me about 5 minutes and I just did it to poke a little fun at fatwallet's expense (while trying to stay within the rules). I don't think it would sell on finance, nothing but a bunch of tightwads over there. You are correct though, I should on taken out the S in deadbeats.

edit: Removed the S

kjl1977 said: I don't have the time or the creative talent, but I think some sort of shirt with Kanye interrupting and saying that Black Friday 2002 was much better is in order.

FTW

T-shirt 1
Disclaimer
Would this be qualified?

T-Shirt
Disclaimer
How about this?

Technologist said: MIGHT I suggest that FW also allow users/members to BUY a winning shirt, should they want?

Some of us might actually consider PAYING for the right to advertise the site to others in our area... and some may like the winning shirt so much we want to buy 3, or 4, or 10 to give to friends/family!

*PS, DO I get a free winning shirt (or 3) for offering the suggestion? FW makes a buck off everybody that buys one, plus you get a printing discount for BUYING more shirts, and everyone is happy!*

Lets make it easy... if this response gets 100 GREEN, then you offer the winning shirt for sale...

Quoting myself...

I never got an answer, so I ASSUME that FW will honor my request ("if this response gets 100 GREEN, then you offer the winning shirt for sale")

That being said, click this GREEN or the other post I made (waaaaaay up near the top)... then I will fight to get the winning shirt offered for sale (and at a discount too!)

yo dawg
Disclaimer
my take on this year shirt

greekie-blackfriday
Disclaimer
Here is my entry! Take it easy on me! I CAME-I CLICKED-I CONQUERED

Edit: This is a low res file for faster loading! I emailed you a higher res file!!!

Hope someone will like it

zoomddy said: I was thinking something like this

Goofy Idea

Nice idea, but I would have put more words on the front like:

"WalMart I know you're the biggest retailer, and Imma let you finish, but Fat Wallet has the biggest deals of all time!"

my shirt
Disclaimer
ugh, i made this before i read the rules.

Skipping 240 Messages...
Thanks for sharing the knowledge and idea on how to make and design a t-shirt. this will serves as a guidelines to the people who wanted to start a t-shirt business.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.