• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://kardmerchant.com/costco/index.asp?promotion=hbook

I'm not sure, but looking at that https link, you might have to be a current entertainment.com account holder to get in on this one.

Here's the details:
Start Saving today with Costco!
Purchase a membership certificate to Join as new Costco Member or to Upgrade an existing membership Online through this site and receive coupons worth more than $50 including:

* FREE rotisserie chicken
* FREE photo processing
* FREE Kirkland Signature™ 2lb. bag of coffee
* FREE Kirkland Signature™ 48 pk "AA" batteries
* – and more!

Buy multiple certificates to give as gifts

Join the 53 million Costco members who enjoy low warehouse prices on thousands of brand-name products and services at more than 500 locations worldwide.

100% satisfaction guarantee on membership and merchandise.

** This Membership Certificate is not available in stores and is only available through this offer **

Within 7 to 10 days you will receive a membership certificate in the mail. Upon receipt bring this membership certificate to any U.S. Costco location to activate your membership.

edit: Just noticed this isn't on entertainment.com anymore, it was a separate site they linked to. (i saw the ad on this page http://www.entertainment.com/save/home)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
there is a clear expiration on the cert. i've already submitted mine though so i can't tell u where.

emaij (Nov. 26, 2009 @ 4:35p) |

You're wrong. There is no expiration date indicated on the membership certificate. I double checked for the 3rd time. ... (more)

cybercho (Nov. 26, 2009 @ 8:10p) |

That could be it. Maybe I was looking at the Dec 31 date at kardmerchant.com.

emaij (Nov. 26, 2009 @ 11:46p) |

Remember to sell your extra coupons on eBay.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Uh - it says "Purchase a membership certificate to Join as new Costco Member or to Upgrade an existing membership Online through this site and receive coupons worth more than $50 ". So renewals of existing memberships are out - just upgrades.

1lossir said: Uh - it says "Purchase a membership certificate to Join as new Costco Member or to Upgrade an existing membership Online through this site and receive coupons worth more than $50 ". So renewals of existing memberships are out - just upgrades.

I think their own in-store membership gift card is simply worth $50 (I know Sam's Club does this for sure) so you can apply it to your existing membership renewal or simply apply it to your bill. I wonder how this thing works. I guess for Gold Star members like myself, we can upgrade to Executive and get a refund at the end of the year since I might not spend enough to break even.

Hmm.. I wonder if customer service would exchange the cert for a $50 gift card..

S105dude said: 1lossir said: Uh - it says "Purchase a membership certificate to Join as new Costco Member or to Upgrade an existing membership Online through this site and receive coupons worth more than $50 ". So renewals of existing memberships are out - just upgrades.

I think their own in-store membership gift card is simply worth $50 (I know Sam's Club does this for sure) so you can apply it to your existing membership renewal or simply apply it to your bill. I wonder how this thing works. I guess for Gold Star members like myself, we can upgrade to Executive and get a refund at the end of the year since I might not spend enough to break even.

Hmm.. I wonder if customer service would exchange the cert for a $50 gift card..

they prob dont as some ppl in other forums have reported that the CSR didnt even know what these certificates were!...i have known about this website for quite sometime but was wary before signing up...

i used it six months ago. just take the certificate to membership counter to renew/upgrade or get new one. (for executive membership order two $50 ones, to get double coupons)

Don't know if all stores do it, but mine also gave me a goody bag containing the current store coupon mailer, some Kirkland branded bottled water, trail mix, drink mix, and even a roll of TP. Covered at both ends! Can't beat that!

I got this deal when I signed up with Costco last week, it is a book of coupons. I supposedly got this because I am an IBM employee and this was our special deal. I am sure they use it for other groups as well.

got one last year / got rotisserie chicken / the rest got recycled

Anyone who's does THIS deal have details on what "and more" is?

i am a current executive member @ Costco. how can i renew my membership (or can i?) via this offer and if i end up using 2 $50 cert will i get 2 offers of free stuff?

Does Sams Club offer any deals like this? I need to join them to get tires that they have and Costco does not.

Are the coupons straight up freebies or is it like buy one get one free? The batteries and coffee would be nice if I do not have to buy something at regular price first.

duplicate post

This is what a I did.
My Executive Membership expired. Then I went to Costco and I was charged $50 for a regular membership at the cashier.
Then I bought a certificate for $50 from the site in this thread. Few days later, I received the certificate along with the coupons (coupons will expire in February 2010). Picked-up rotisserie chicken, coffee, batteries, water and pizza (paid $8.xx all together).

The coupons included:

* FREE rotisserie chicken=$4.99
* FREE Kirkland Signature™ 2lb. bag of coffee=$10.49
* FREE Kirkland Signature™ 48 pk "AA" batteries=$10.59
* FREE photo processing
36 bottle of Kirkland water=$3.00 off (paid .59 cents for the water)
Cooked whole Kirkland Pizza=$3.00 off (paid 7.50)
White Tuna Fish (8x7oz=$12.99-$3.00off
Dollars off other stuff.

Still I don't know, if we buy an Executive membership upgrade (which is $100), would we get 2 coupon books (or 1 coupon book). In other word, how could we get 2 coupon books for 1 Executive Membership? Can someone elaborate on this. Thanks.

They are complete freebies. All you need to do is bring the coupon and the items to the cashier and the amount will be deducted. I got mine couple of weeks back.

Mandamus said: duplicate post

$50 of free crap - is an original!

How long is the certificate valid for? I just renewed my membership.

Crud.... I did this over a month ago and kept forgetting to give it to my GF. The free coupons for stuff expired Aug 31st and I gave it to her last wknd. Too much going on these days. UGHHHHH

barrymis said: Still I don't know, if we buy an Executive membership upgrade (which is $100), would we get 2 coupon books (or 1 coupon book). In other word, how could we get 2 coupon books for 1 Executive Membership? Can someone elaborate on this. Thanks.As someone else stated, you are supposed to be able to get 2 coupons and take them to customer service and use both to renew your Executive membership. I'll be finding out soon. I know when Iused them last year (initially to upgrade, then to renew, since it was close to renewal time when I upgraded it covered the following year), was that they are confused by the coupons but after they speak to their manager, they figure it out. Hopefully with more and more people getting these, they will know what to do with them WITHOUT going to their manager this time.

jplee3 said: Crud.... I did this over a month ago and kept forgetting to give it to my GF. The free coupons for stuff expired Aug 31st and I gave it to her last wknd. Too much going on these days. UGHHHHHYou did it a month ago and the coupons expired in August? That sounds rather strange, you should have several months to use them when you receive them.

billrubin said: jplee3 said: Crud.... I did this over a month ago and kept forgetting to give it to my GF. The free coupons for stuff expired Aug 31st and I gave it to her last wknd. Too much going on these days. UGHHHHHYou did it a month ago and the coupons expired in August? That sounds rather strange, you should have several months to use them when you receive them.

they do exp. in a few weeks !

jplee3 said: Crud.... I did this over a month ago and kept forgetting to give it to my GF. The free coupons for stuff expired Aug 31st and I gave it to her last wknd. Too much going on these days. UGHHHHH

you are lucky you have a GF! - a wife would have killed you!

Working Advantagehas the same offer (though only available to members). I only say this to confirm that, Yes, you can use these coupons to renew existing memberships. We bought two to upgrade our Executive Membership. The two coupons arrived in a couple of days packaged individually with two coupon sheets. That's good for two rotisserie chickens, two pizzas, two boxes of AA batteries, etc. We renewed our membership at the CS counter this past weekend.

MISURICK said: jplee3 said: Crud.... I did this over a month ago and kept forgetting to give it to my GF. The free coupons for stuff expired Aug 31st and I gave it to her last wknd. Too much going on these days. UGHHHHH

you are lucky you have a GF! - a wife would have killed you!

Shoot, I meant to say my GF! Hopefully she doesn't read these forums... she'll have killed me one more time!

nm

billrubin said: jplee3 said: Crud.... I did this over a month ago and kept forgetting to give it to my GF. The free coupons for stuff expired Aug 31st and I gave it to her last wknd. Too much going on these days. UGHHHHHYou did it a month ago and the coupons expired in August? That sounds rather strange, you should have several months to use them when you receive them.

I signed up *over* a month ago I think back in July. But I'm wondering why barrymis' coupons expire in Feb 2010...

billrubin said: barrymis said: Still I don't know, if we buy an Executive membership upgrade (which is $100), would we get 2 coupon books (or 1 coupon book). In other word, how could we get 2 coupon books for 1 Executive Membership? Can someone elaborate on this. Thanks.As someone else stated, you are supposed to be able to get 2 coupons and take them to customer service and use both to renew your Executive membership. I'll be finding out soon. I know when Iused them last year (initially to upgrade, then to renew, since it was close to renewal time when I upgraded it covered the following year), was that they are confused by the coupons but after they speak to their manager, they figure it out. Hopefully with more and more people getting these, they will know what to do with them WITHOUT going to their manager this time.

Please let us know, once you figured it out. It will be very useful.

Just upgraded a few days ago w/o any free crap.

According to the Costco administration, you have to work for one of the companies that signed up for the national membership program to be eligible to get the freebies.

That is called CRAP. I would fight back.

ribbit said: According to the Costco administration, you have to work for one of the companies that signed up for the national membership program to be eligible to get the freebies.

they are straight up offers- nothing to buy.

yes if you buy the executive membership you will get two sets of coupons

I see the "crap" part but I don't see the "$50" part.

From the 'Terms & Conditions':

"Any orders cancelled or returned are subject to a $3.00/ certificate restocking fee."

Seriously, $3 restocking fee for a piece of paper? Also where did they put their spell checker "cancelled"?

So can anyone confirm if we can use this cert to extend an existing gold star membership?
Mine is not up until 2/2010

This might be an unethical thing to some, but you can return your membership if you're not satisfied, at any time.

In for two since my exec membership expires this month. Thanks OP.

Can anyone say what the "-and more" is? I'm a vegetarian who doesn't brew coffee or develop film...lol

My coupon book had 4-5 free offers (chicken, photo processing etc.) and then 8-10 coupons for a few bucks off some popular Costco items. Like others have said, my coupons expired about a month after I got them.

Also, I used this to renew my standard membership. I took the certificate to the counter (I was about 2 weeks before my renewal date) and without any hassle they added a year to my membership.

Skipping 59 Messages...
That could be it. Maybe I was looking at the Dec 31 date at kardmerchant.com.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014