• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$89.98 - $25 coupon = $64.98 shipped. (Coupon is $.60 at ccccpn.com if you don't have one.)

ITEM# 812154

* 18.5" Widescreen Active Matrix TFT LCD Display
* Resolution 1366 x 768
* Contrast ratio 10000:1 Max (ACM)
* Brightness 250 cd/m2
* Response time 5ms
* Dimensions 17.8"W x 13.1"H x 6.5"D (7.9lbs)
* 3 year warranty

http://www.Staples.com/Acer-X183H-BB-18.5-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/product_812154?errorUrl=zipcode&storeId=10001&zipCode=08011&jspStoreDir=Staples&langId=-1&ddkey=StaplesZipCodeAdd

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
At least.

AishaDad (Sep. 29, 2009 @ 3:41p) |

Just got it from UPS!
Nice!

jk95 (Sep. 29, 2009 @ 4:52p) |

Out of stock

Milliedog (Oct. 01, 2009 @ 2:44p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

THIS IS 18.5" not 19"

title needs to be changed.

Good for basic monitor replacement. VGA input only.

MISTERCHEAP said:
* Resolution 1366 x 768

No offense, but that resolution sucks! You might as well get a 17" from a prior-generation of LCDs, instead of this.

All 19" LCDs should be 1440x900.

Got it. Went just like OP stated, thanks much and green for you. $68.88 delivered to Michigan

no wonder why it's so cheapppp

buyer beware on that "great" 3 year warranty: had an Acer monitor exhibit LCD bleeding* 6 months after use. After shipping the monitor back to Acer on my dime, they refused to repair it saying we damaged it. I guess sitting on a desk can be rough work for these cheap monitors. Will never buy Acer again.

*not light bleeding, but where some internal liquid or material actually begins to crawl its way around the screen blocking out the display, making it useless.

In for one! Thanks OP! Been waiting for this after my last purchase of 21.5" acer for $78...

KingKong954 said: buyer beware on that "great" 3 year warranty: had an Acer monitor exhibit LCD bleeding* 6 months after use. After shipping the monitor back to Acer on my dime, they refused to repair it saying we damaged it. I guess sitting on a desk can be rough work for these cheap monitors. Will never buy Acer again.

*not light bleeding, but where some internal liquid or material actually begins to crawl its way around the screen blocking out the display, making it useless.

I had exactly the opposite experience with Acer. I've got a 2+ year old Acer 19" 4x3 monitor (from Staples) that blew something and killed the screen -- powered up but stayed black.

Got on the Acer site, applied for an RMA, they asked me to email or fax a copy of the original invoice and I was sent an email with return instructions the same day.

I sent the monitor back via Priority Mail (they're not that heavy) and they received it in 2 days (sent to Texas I believe). Within 3-4 days I got a tracking number and had the monitor returned to me early the next week.

Absolutely can not beat the service from Acer and 3 years on a monitor for no additional charge is unmatched by most other monitor brands.

In for one, I will be using it for a beater computer for my 13YO son, he has zero space in his room for a tube monitor, I wasn't willing to spend much on a used LCD, so this one will fit the bill perfectly.

In for one.

w00tster said: THIS IS 18.5" not 19"

1/2 or more gets rounded up...

MISTERCHEAP said: (Coupon is $.60 at ccccpn.com if you don't have one.)
Please know that in order to buy a coupon there you must create an account and add at least $10 to it.

Just ordered one!

in New Jersey, after tax is 69.53 (7% tax)
and paid 1.00 for 25 off coupon(I didn't pay 0.6 since it needs deposite $10)

andrey02,I think you can only buy one coupon but not 0.6.

See OMAX 19 inch monitor thread for 53 - no coupons required, AOC, 1440 by 900 resolution

Economist said: See OMAX 19 inch monitor thread for 53 - no coupons required, AOC, 1440 by 900 resolution

If you can find one... monitor is discontinued and stock is going fast

yesidonoitall said: w00tster said: THIS IS 18.5" not 19"

The most accepted mathematical convention is to round x.5 to an even number.

All the coupons I've seen online state "...not usable with instant savings..."
This item is showing up with a $7.00 instant savings. When I added a coupon, it was denied. I removed the $7 instant savings coupon - same result. Am I doing something wrong?

my $7 off coupon can be used together with $25 off $75 coupon.

mrrickva said: All the coupons I've seen online state "...not usable with instant savings..."
This item is showing up with a $7.00 instant savings. When I added a coupon, it was denied. I removed the $7 instant savings coupon - same result. Am I doing something wrong?

In fact,you dont have to do anything with the code
Just add 25 off code, they will both work before you pay.

(I just bought one.)

Waste of money to buy this. My 15" laptop screen at least has 1280 x 800.

w00tster said: THIS IS 18.5" not 19"

why are you complaining? do you know by now that guys always lie (exaggerate) about size

mrrickva said: yesidonoitall said: w00tster said: THIS IS 18.5" not 19"

Erm... 19 isn't an even #. You mean round to a whole #

Not that I care...

The 18.5" vs 19" issue is why stores started advertising monitors and televisions as "class". This 18.5" monitor is what is known as a 19" class monitor. Ditto for a 21.5, which would be a 22" class monitor. Quibbling over the half inch is silly.

However I am puzzled a bit by the unusual resolution of the monitor. Truth me known, for those with vision issues, this native resolution would be slightly better, very slightly.... like the same splitting hairs over 18.5" vs. 19"

PS, would I lie about something like size?

drowned said: Waste of money to buy this. My 15" laptop screen at least has 1280 x 800.
Yaaaaaaa Hooooooooeeeeee! Dang I am impressed! Did it come with reading glasses too?

yeah, change the title. Staples advertises this as 18.5

my 19" lcd is exactly 19"

measuring an lcd is not the same as measuring private parts.
You don't round up to try to impress the wimmens.

man up, and admit it's 18.5"

mrrickva said: yesidonoitall said: w00tster said: THIS IS 18.5" not 19"

Be lucky you're a young buck who never had to deal with tube monitors and TVs, which advertised the full tube size (including the part covered by the bezel) rather than the viewable area. They effectively rounded up and then added an inch (hmmmm...that sounds familiar).

link626 said: yeah, change the title. Staples advertises this as 18.5

my 19" lcd is exactly 19"

measuring an lcd is not the same as measuring private parts.
You don't round up to try to impress the wimmens.

RE:

If only I could

Picked up 2 at my local store. $68.88 OTD, plus another $8.26 from my fuel perks program and $2.25 in PayPal CashBack. 80 cents for 2 $25 coupons = final cost of $64.03 each.

They had a stack 5 feet high in the isle.

Good god, there are some 9" netbooks that almost have that resolution. OTOH, I still have a 18" CRT that I run at 1280x960, and it's not too bad.

I guess three of these would make for some interesting gaming with ATI's new cards, as long as you enable AA.

I had a similarly good experience with Acer warranty. I was 2.75 years into a 3 year warranty when the power supply failed on a 19 inch LCD.

I paid shipping one way. It was back in a week. No hassle at all.

FWIW...

Wow, this truly is a crappy resolution, though I would use this monitor for a server that is typically remotely accessed but has a cheap monitor (that isn't a CRT) just in case you want local access.

I frequently see server setups at clients with a cheap CRT hand-me-down monitor... this would be a perfect replacement.

VirtuaL said: MISTERCHEAP said:
* Resolution 1366 x 768

No offense, but that resolution sucks! You might as well get a 17" from a prior-generation of LCDs, instead of this.

All 19" LCDs should be 1440x900.

At least.

Just got it from UPS!
Nice!

Out of stock

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014