• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ok, so this is my first post, please forgive me if it's already somewhere but I searched the forum and couldn't find any mention of it.

Airvoice (an AT&T MVNO) launched a new Unlimited talk plan on Oct 1 this year. It is $49.99 including all taxes and gives you unlimited talking and texting (but no web). It runs on AT&T's network and works with ANY GSM phone that is unlocked INCLUDING the iPhone. I have it working on mine right now but it must be unlocked. Even though regular locked AT&T phones work with this sim card the iPhone doesn't unless it's unlocked from what I can see. I know it has no web but if like me you sit in the office all day using wifi that might not be much of an issue to save $$$ over AT&T's official unlimited plan.

http://airvoiceunlimited.com/

Also, there is another MVNO offering exactly the same deal called H2O Unlimited. They are a part of Locus who have also been around as a prepaid operator for a number of years (Airvoice are about 9 years old I believe). Their site is:

http://www.h2owirelessunlimited.com/

The thing is, their customer service say the iPhone won't work at all so I never tried them myself and just bought the Airvoice card. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't if it's unlocked but you will have to try it for yourself.

Hope this helps someone save a few $$$.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Can I get this in English? I went to their site and it looks like a calling card or prepaid phone deal. I originally tho... (more)

fortezza (Nov. 11, 2009 @ 7:39p) |

For those comparing T-Mobile pay as you go vs, PP / Verizon.... Count me as one who switched from T-Mobile pay as you go... (more)

eoniverse (Nov. 11, 2009 @ 11:30p) |

With ATTs wonderful service I'd love to just pay the ETF and go PAYG. I was almost out of contract on my 2g iphone when... (more)

glenatuf (Jan. 04, 2010 @ 12:13p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Hmm..

Site seems fishy...

Here's Airvoice's products..

http://www.airvoicewireless.com/products.asp

No mention of unlimited..

RZ1 said: Hmm..

Site seems fishy...

Here's Airvoice's products..

http://www.airvoicewireless.com/products.asp

No mention of unlimited..

Huh? It's right on this page - three options: Weekly, Biweekly and Monthly. All unlimited talk/text.

this seemed to be fishy!

Has anyone seen this for unlimited gsm talk text and Internet , been waiting sincemarch when I found out for them to launch, from what I hear they piggy back tmobile and AT&T. Www.zebragsm.com

T-Mobile are launching http://mysimplemobile.com/ but although it's cheaper it isn't on their main network, it's on their limited prepay network from what the rumors say.

Texan1911 said: T-Mobile are launching http://mysimplemobile.com/ but although it's cheaper it isn't on their main network, it's on their limited prepay network from what the rumors say.

If you click "Get Started", here's what I read: "Fill out the form below to submit your application to become a Simple Mobile dealer or distributor."

Sounds like an MLM (aka pyramid scheme) scam to me.

If you want to know the scoop on various MVNO's, I'd suggest going over to www.howardforums.com and seeing what the users there have to say about it.

Wineaux is correct. Howard is the best place for any provider info out there.

Site said: - Upon purchase of airtime plans, you will NOT recieve an actual calling card.

Doesn't look very well proofread, for what it's worth. I wouldn't be betting my money on this, but to each their own. I could be proven wrong. (:

From the Zebra GSM FAQ:

Q: Is there a cap on the unlimited program. A: Yes, the unlimited Local & LD Plans are capped at 10,000 minutes per month.

Q: How many text messages can I send per month? A: Unlimited Text Messaging is capped at 30,000 per month.

Q: How much data can I use on the unlimited program? A: Unlimited MMS, Internet & Data is capped at 5 Gig.

I guess "Unlimited" means "Limited".

osuuma said: From the Zebra GSM FAQ:

Q: Is there a cap on the unlimited program. A: Yes, the unlimited Local & LD Plans are capped at 10,000 minutes per month.

Q: How many text messages can I send per month? A: Unlimited Text Messaging is capped at 30,000 per month.

Q: How much data can I use on the unlimited program? A: Unlimited MMS, Internet & Data is capped at 5 Gig.

If you actually manage to break any of those caps, you need a new hobby.

Every single solitary "unlimited" plan involving cellphones, as well as high speed Internet connections are in fact "limited", and have been since their inception. The service providers used to just hide those limits, and now they're being forced to disclose them on a more regular basis. This particular flavor of "unlimited" is actually pretty damned good compared to others.

Thanks is typical of "unlimited" plans. This includes crickets and others who use unlimited as their selling point.

10000 minutes = 5 hours 33 minutes of talking EACH DAY!
30000 texts = 1000 texts a day.. or roughly every minute that you are awake!

I think that's enough.

5GB limit is fine. I could not find a page on how to activate a new service and receive their SIM card.

For those who rarely use the phone, the prepaid refill denominations looks attractive, $10 refill for 10c/mnt and 90 days of service.

scottxmso said: Texan1911 said: T-Mobile are launching http://mysimplemobile.com/ but although it's cheaper it isn't on their main network, it's on their limited prepay network from what the rumors say.

If you click "Get Started", here's what I read: "Fill out the form below to submit your application to become a Simple Mobile dealer or distributor."

Sounds like an MLM (aka pyramid scheme) scam to me.

I tried a whois search and that refered me to contactprivacy dot com. That site allows you to send a message, but doesn't tell you who it is that is receiving the message. No mention of T-Mobile.

Pee2ng said: 5GB limit is fine. I could not find a page on how to activate a new service and receive their SIM card.

For those who rarely use the phone, the prepaid refill denominations looks attractive, $10 refill for 10c/mnt and 90 days of service.

That's identical to boost mobile's pay as you go plan. They also do unlimited talk text and web for $50.

I had T-Mobile, 2 months ago switched to Page Plus Cellular, a Verizon reseller. Now I'm on the Verizon Prepaid network and pay $40/month for unlimited talk & text. The reception on my phone is amazing compared with what I had with T-Mobile! I am saving $20/month and no longer have to worry about going over my minutes & messages.

Just setup a friend on StraightTalk (Owned by Tracfone). They also resell Verizon Prepaid service, for $30/month you get 1000 minutes, 1000 text, 30MB data and free 411 calls.

Used HowardForums to figure out exactly how/where to buy & activate the phones.

BoogeyUCLA said: I had T-Mobile, 2 months ago switched to Page Plus Cellular, a Verizon reseller. Now I'm on the Verizon Prepaid network and pay $40/month for unlimited talk & text. The reception on my phone is amazing compared with what I had with T-Mobile! I am saving $20/month and no longer have to worry about going over my minutes & messages.

Just setup a friend on StraightTalk (Owned by Tracfone). They also resell Verizon Prepaid service, for $30/month you get 1000 minutes, 1000 text, 30MB data and free 411 calls.

I have straight talk. I dumped tmobile for them. I do get a lot fo dropped calls and "all circuits busy" errors. I have the cheapest ($30) phone they offer. I wonder if it is the phone or verizon kicking me off because their towers are busy and they do not want to have poor service for their real customers.

ryryfree said: BoogeyUCLA said: I had T-Mobile, 2 months ago switched to Page Plus Cellular, a Verizon reseller. Now I'm on the Verizon Prepaid network and pay $40/month for unlimited talk & text. The reception on my phone is amazing compared with what I had with T-Mobile! I am saving $20/month and no longer have to worry about going over my minutes & messages.

I have straight talk. I dumped tmobile for them. I do get a lot fo dropped calls and "all circuits busy" errors. I have the cheapest ($30) phone they offer. I wonder if it is the phone or verizon kicking me off because their towers are busy and they do not want to have poor service for their real customers.

I bet it is Verizon kicking you off. I get dropped calls with Page Plus, and have tried a handful of phones. I suspect Verizon can differencial between Verizon customers, and other prepaid services.

There is no data included with this; iPhone won't be so great with this.

Clocks said: ryryfree said: BoogeyUCLA said: I had T-Mobile, 2 months ago switched to Page Plus Cellular, a Verizon reseller. Now I'm on the Verizon Prepaid network and pay $40/month for unlimited talk & text. The reception on my phone is amazing compared with what I had with T-Mobile! I am saving $20/month and no longer have to worry about going over my minutes & messages.

I bet it is Verizon kicking you off. I get dropped calls with Page Plus, and have tried a handful of phones. I suspect Verizon can differencial between Verizon customers, and other prepaid services.

I'm on T-Mobile prepaid and was planning to switch to Page Plus. Your statement, if it is true, is a show stopper. I don't have this problem with T-Mobile.

Clocks said: ryryfree said: BoogeyUCLA said: I had T-Mobile, 2 months ago switched to Page Plus Cellular, a Verizon reseller. Now I'm on the Verizon Prepaid network and pay $40/month for unlimited talk & text. The reception on my phone is amazing compared with what I had with T-Mobile! I am saving $20/month and no longer have to worry about going over my minutes & messages.

That's ridiculous.. I've been using page plus for 2.5 years, and while I've had dropped calls - I haven't had anything I would consider unusual for a wireless service. I've referred, and signed up about 20 people, and I've never heard a complaint about dropped calls (until now!)

Page Plus is a Verizon MVNO... Verizon makes money from them - why would they cripple their own customers? It's not like Page Plus is stealing minutes from Verizon...

I'm a happy customer of Pageplus. Never had any problem. The reception is excellent. Customer service is ok.

livedog said: Clocks said: ryryfree said: BoogeyUCLA said: I had T-Mobile, 2 months ago switched to Page Plus Cellular, a Verizon reseller. Now I'm on the Verizon Prepaid network and pay $40/month for unlimited talk & text. The reception on my phone is amazing compared with what I had with T-Mobile! I am saving $20/month and no longer have to worry about going over my minutes & messages.

That's ridiculous.. I've been using page plus for 2.5 years, and while I've had dropped calls - I haven't had anything I would consider unusual for a wireless service. I've referred, and signed up about 20 people, and I've never heard a complaint about dropped calls (until now!)

Page Plus is a Verizon MVNO... Verizon makes money from them - why would they cripple their own customers? It's not like Page Plus is stealing minutes from Verizon...

No, but they are taking away from their bandwidth per tower. And yes they can limit what bandwidth is allowed for their different service offerings. So if you live in a more rural area with fewer towers you can very well end up getting "all circuits busy or system is busy try again later" messages where their full price regular service customers will not.

I have had more dropped calls in 2 months with Page Plus, than I had in about 5 years with T-Mobile. This is in areas I usually have full signal strength. I have tried different phones, it doesn't matter. Maybe Verizon is just not that good in my area, which would surprise me being in a suburb of a major city. But for the most part I like Page Plus.

Does anyone know if you can get 3g speed on ZebraGSM?

Verizon pre-paid coverage isn't as comprehensive as their regular service, and that's the case with PagePlus. I'm happy with the service in large part, but there are areas where I should get coverage and I don't. As an aside, I got a Motorla Q9c on eBay for $50 and can surf the web and check email so it's a decent, budget alternative to contract plans.

I talked to a distributor near me when I found out about zebragsm in march. Here's what I was toldbut can't confirm any of it. I even called the phone number and asked questions. Accd to the person I talked too they piggy back on tmobile and AT&T, and are piggy backing on the 3g bands to provide voice over 3g service. That being said if data is included it should be 3g. They were suppose to launch in may but it's october and no news yet whether they will and I can't confirm any of it yet. The person I talked to when I calledwasnt gonna release whether it was 3g or not offered and when or where they would launch, he said soon though. Soon as of when I called is more than 5 months later at this point

i smell fish

I been reading a bit about ZebraGSM, it seems like it's a scam to get retailers to wire them cash for sim cards that they haven't shipped in months.

If it's legit and 3g, I'd surely just take the hit on my contract and switch over to ZebraGSM. I'll have to keep checking.

livedog said: Clocks said: ryryfree said: BoogeyUCLA said: I had T-Mobile, 2 months ago switched to Page Plus Cellular, a Verizon reseller. Now I'm on the Verizon Prepaid network and pay $40/month for unlimited talk & text. The reception on my phone is amazing compared with what I had with T-Mobile! I am saving $20/month and no longer have to worry about going over my minutes & messages.

I am in a salt lake suburb, and I get a lof of dropped calls or calls that do not co through. This is in comparison to T-Mobile. I am sure Verizon is better than T-Mobile. The problem is Verizon makes more money off of their actual customers than the cut throat rate prepaids. Plus straight talk gets a cut of the low sales price. That being said it is worth it to have a low price service and to be out of a contract.

OP says there is no web....what is the 5GB data limit used for?

Some gotchas from their TOC (like can't dial toll free #s):

You can not use the service to place operator assisted calls such as third party billed, and collect calls. Customers are unable to dial 411, International calls, or to numbers beginning with 877, 866, 800, or 888 (except for our customer service #). Customers are also unable to forward calls, initiate 3- way calls, or send/receive premium SMS.

Gage006 said: osuuma said:

Or you're doing something outside the TOS.

And if *I* was on the phone six+ hours a day, I certainly wouldn't rely on only one phone and carrier.
EVERY network is subject to failure, and a couple lost days of customer contact can take a year to recover.

I am still amazed at "businessmen" who place all of their telephone / internet eggs in the one cable-company basket.
While they're all too common, at least, they're easy to spot and avoid.

Krym said: Some gotchas from their TOC (like can't dial toll free #s):

You can not use the service to place operator assisted calls such as third party billed, and collect calls. Customers are unable to dial 411, International calls, or to numbers beginning with 877, 866, 800, or 888 (except for our customer service #). Customers are also unable to forward calls, initiate 3- way calls, or send/receive premium SMS.

That's strange, why would they prevent from toll free?

Gage006 said: osuuma said: From the Zebra GSM FAQ:

For the 1st 2 items- phone minutes and text messages, I'd agree but for the data plan 5 gig can easily be reached by a user- not even a heavy user depending on what they are doing with the phone.

Skipping 19 Messages...
With ATTs wonderful service I'd love to just pay the ETF and go PAYG. I was almost out of contract on my 2g iphone when my sister spiked it and cracked the screen. I ended up getting a refurb 3gs and have a new 2 year contract up in front of me. Service on the new phone is faster, but I'm having all sorts of problems with texts, calls, etc not coming in....I've called twice already...

Anyway, this plan looks good for some people, but not me. I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I'm fine with 400 minutes of call time, though i would love unlimited texts and require unlimited internet. Anyone know if there's a plan out there for me that can beat the 70 dollars I'm paying ATT for 400/200/unlimited net... Even if it's a little cheaper I'd consider doing it, since I lurv att so much.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014