• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Box Image (89.47kB)
Disclaimer
This is my first post, so please be kind. I was just at The Home Depot in Milltown, NJ and saw this in their markdown tools table. This kit comes with the following:

18 Volt 3/8 in Drill - Driver
Model P205

18 Volt Impact Driver
Model P231
They sell the P230 separately for $69 (not sure what the difference is) and that is WITHOUT the battery, this package has two.

2 X 18 volt Battery Pack
Model P100
$39.97/battery

18 Volt 1 Hour Charger
P110

This looks like a specialty item cause Ryboi has it labeld "While Supplies Last, Special Buy" on the box itself. HD had it at a $189 or $179 value (I don't recall).

UPC is 033287144945

My receipt shows 033287144945

Let me know if you need any more information. Hope this is a "HOT DEAL"

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary

Thats a good deal, my ryobi drill is starting to go out after 5 years of good use, may as well get the same drill with an impact included! Great post OP I know ryobi isn't as good as dewault or some of those but for the price and as many times as I drop and beat these things Ryobi is the only way to go, good drill for great price!

This is not a markdown. It's a special buy for Columbus Day. All stores should have them, although they may have been on the floor since they were received a week or two ago.

Batteries are NiCd.

I just bought a Dewalt that I posted about in another thread for $140 total. I'm a light user, but do appreciate and need good tools (when the little ones, 1 and 3, let me have a few hours to myself.) Is this set decent enough or should I keep my Dewalt. I don't have an impact driver and keep hearing about how great they are. My old Dewalt drill just died so I need something soon.

Holding out for a Lith ion set, NiCd batts are useless for me at my house as the batteries will go bad before I use the drill a handful of times.

FWIW, I've had a Dewalt NiCd 18v drill since 2004 and the NiCd batteries have always worked just fine. I always kept one charged and one in the drill and never had an issue. The only reason I need a new drill now is because it started to smoke last time I used it! The batteries still work.

Well, if you use them there is no reason to think they won't last a decent time. If they sit unused & uncharged they crap out, hence why I said they were useless for me at my house.

I have found these to be as good as my DeWalt Drills. Actually, I have replaced the clutch twice in the DeWalt. They used to may a Ryobi Jobsite version that was heavy duty...I still have mine and have been using it several time each week for 7 or 8 years.

dansfatwallet said: I just bought a Dewalt that I posted about in another thread for $140 total. I'm a light user, but do appreciate and need good tools (when the little ones, 1 and 3, let me have a few hours to myself.) Is this set decent enough or should I keep my Dewalt. I don't have an impact driver and keep hearing about how great they are. My old Dewalt drill just died so I need something soon.

Once you use an impact driver, you will wonder how you made do without one before. Seriously, it makes driving that much easier.

quickNdirty said: Holding out for a Lith ion set, NiCd batts are useless for me at my house as the batteries will go bad before I use the drill a handful of times.

Too bad ni-cads don't hold the charge for extended periods, sounds like what you need. And you can't just store them in the charger. I guess they are better for someone who uses them almost daily and keeps them charged.

You missed out a few months back on the P814, but this may be a better way to go. Sure, the Li-ion sound like a good idea, but they are still too new to offer the relaibility of the ni-cads. Plus you can "refresh" the ni-cads and keep them going longer. I haven't had any problem with my ryobi li-ion since getting it, except for the first "dead" battery. Since swapping that out things have been good, but I too constantly need to be putting another battery in the charger. That said, if I need to buy new batteries I'll be grabbing a set of the ni-cads.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014