• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
OK, for me, this seemed to be a great deal for those weekend welders.

You get the Torch Assembly, MAPP Gas Cylinder, Oxygen (O2) Cylinder, Cylinder Support, 5 Brazing Rods, Spark Lighter, 6 Extra Flints, Case and Instructions. I don’t know the regular price of this kit but the price of the gas cylinders alone at Sears exceeds the price of the whole kit. The salesman told me it was a clearance item.

This setup will allow you to “sweat” copper pipes with no problem whereas a propane torch will not get the copper hot enough to perform a good weld.

I could not find this kit on Sears’ web sight but the below link gives you a picture and description. There was one kit left on the shelf at the Gainesville Florida Oaks Mall Sears. Hopefully this helps someone looking for a similar setup. If not, just ignore the post.

http://www.bidtopia.com/detail.aspx?id=540280&bigpic=0

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

This is a fantastic price! Could you post the item # please?

I don't have the need for it yet but I'm sure I can find something to mess with if I have 1 of these kits. Thx for posting.

Great price, but unless you are working with industrial size copper pipe a propane torch is more than adequate for sweat soldering household copper fittings. In fact, the problem most amateurs have is getting copper joints too hot with a propane torch. Not to mention that it is significantly more expensive than propane.

Now on the other hand, if you want to do some brazing or "silver solder" then this is your ticket.

Thanks OP

Mapp gas heats much faster than propane for household plumbing. That and a trigger start nozzle and you are set.

this is a hot deal

Sku bedoo bedoo ?

sorry, I knew I forgot something in my original post. I'm at work but I beleive it was "54282". When I get home I will confirm and post.

Confirmed, the model number on the box looks like this 954282

The "9" is undelined and in a smaller font than the remaining 54282. Good luck. For 15 bucks, this thing rocks!

thnx. i need a new O2 cylinder for jewelry repair

Sounds like a good item for the Big Green Egg.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014