• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Picked up a Pepperoni take home pizza from Costco last night. It's $6.99 with instant $3 off which is good till 11/1. I've always enjoyed their pizza and at this price, I'll be having a couple more pizza night.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Costco pepperoni is very low quality, It's the only roni that has ever given me heart burn, YUCK. Plus If I'm not mistak... (more)

jgaud (Oct. 21, 2009 @ 12:33a) |

And the cost of that passed on in increased overall prices to all Customers.

thebigo (Oct. 21, 2009 @ 5:07p) |

Wow, I've been loving the pepperoni pizza.... we put mushrooms on top, and when it comes out add fresh herbs (basil, ore... (more)

vquasarv (Oct. 24, 2009 @ 11:27a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

is the "take home pizza" the frozen pizza inside or the hot one at the food stand?

This is a good deal, and I don't know about other Costco's but the one in San Juan Capo puts enough pepperoni on them to cover about 3 pizzas.

sabka said: is the "take home pizza" the frozen pizza inside or the hot one at the food stand?

I believe it's in the deli section (not food court), but is fresh, not frozen. At least that's the way they've been in the past.

+ I have a $6 MIR for pizza posted in the grocery forum.

YMMV, some costcos still ask for the coupon, some do it for you.

I was at Costco and a woman brought the pizza back. She said it was to big for her oven. Check the size of both before purchase.

arribasn said: YMMV, some costcos still ask for the coupon, some do it for you.it is advertised as instant discount, no coupon needed.

stateofmind said: + I have a $6 MIR for pizza posted in the grocery forum.why not post the rebate form?

wesbc said: Picked up a Pepperoni take home pizza from Costco last night. It's $6.99 with instant $3 off which is good till 11/1. I've always enjoyed their pizza and at this price, I'll be having a couple more pizza night.

Was already posted days ago as part of the new Costco Discounts

neiley said: I was at Costco and a woman brought the pizza back. She said it was to big for her oven. Check the size of both before purchase.

No problem on oven size but we cut our pizzas in half since theres only two of us. If your oven's too small, cut in half prior to cooking so it fits.

neiley said: I was at Costco and a woman brought the pizza back. She said it was to big for her oven. Check the size of both before purchase.

Are they just selling these returned Pizzas for $3 off then?

Kikkoman said: neiley said: I was at Costco and a woman brought the pizza back. She said it was to big for her oven. Check the size of both before purchase.

Yea, I'm sure that they have a predictable enough stock of returned pepperoni pizzas to warrant a national sale.

my gosh, i can't believe she didn't think about cutting the pizza up.

nikehz said: neiley said: I was at Costco and a woman brought the pizza back. She said it was to big for her oven. Check the size of both before purchase.

my gosh, i can't believe she didn't think about cutting the pizza up.

After dealing with the denseness that pervades most of my female counterparts, I'm not surprised. Sadly, I share the gender. It's really shameful. I would have thought to cut the pizza up. Also, you *might* want to look up the calorie count (if you care) on this deal, because for any dieters, you'll be shocked at the count per slice. I'm not a hater, I love their pizza, but it's a once a year kinda love.

savinmypennies said: Also, you *might* want to look up the calorie count (if you care) on this deal, because for any dieters, you'll be shocked at the count per slice. I'm not a hater, I love their pizza, but it's a once a year kinda love.Well I am a hater. This pizza is just a huge wad of greasy dough and is simply not good pizza. I can't think of a lower quality one, other than perhaps the same crud that Sams' Club serves up.

I agree. We've had these a few times and each time we were disappointed. Also, we had to cut ours as it was too big for our oven (and yes, I thought to cut it up as soon as I saw the problem). Trouble is if you cut it the cheese tends to run off the cut end while it bakes.

TellyTubby said: savinmypennies said: Also, you *might* want to look up the calorie count (if you care) on this deal, because for any dieters, you'll be shocked at the count per slice. I'm not a hater, I love their pizza, but it's a once a year kinda love.Well I am a hater. This pizza is just a huge wad of greasy dough and is simply not good pizza. I can't think of a lower quality one, other than perhaps the same crud that Sams' Club serves up.

I agree completely. Yeah, great deal. Sure. But that's some greasy works.

If they carry it, try the Home Run pizza in the frozen section. Best frozen pizza out there and it beats most of the fast food chains.

stateofmind said: + I have a $6 MIR for pizza posted in the grocery forum.

could you link! ty!

MISURICK said: stateofmind said: + I have a $6 MIR for pizza posted in the grocery forum.

could you link! ty!

Page 10 of the costco coupon book
LINK

Butcherboy said: MISURICK said: stateofmind said: + I have a $6 MIR for pizza posted in the grocery forum.

could you link! ty!

Page 10 of the costco coupon book
LINK
the $6 rebate is what misurick is talking about that stateofmind not posting. not costco instant $3 off.

I think this is what stateofmind must've been referring to. It's not for every state, and he's "trading" the forms, so consider that the biggest YMMV you've ever seen.
Unless I'm wrong, then I'll take it all back.

GemJones said: I think this is what stateofmind must've been referring to. It's not for every state, and he's "trading" the forms, so consider that the biggest YMMV you've ever seen.
Unless I'm wrong, then I'll take it all back.

ty! no IL included anyway !

Kikkoman said: neiley said: I was at Costco and a woman brought the pizza back. She said it was to big for her oven. Check the size of both before purchase.

Any food return from the fridge that has been out of the store for 15-20 mins will go straight to the trash. That's Costco's policy. I bought a box of $30 frozen filet mignon by mistake once and returned it within 30 mins. They gave me a full refund and threw the whole thing into the trash.

just had it tonight, sooo salty ;O

Costco stopped selling their combo take and bake pizza. They replaced it with a mozzarella and basil pizza; pepperoni is still there. The take and bake pizzas use to be square, but iirc they're now round like the hot ones. They raised the price too.

I used to buy the combo take and bake all the time when I went to costco (usually in the afternoon) so I could cook them later for dinner. They were cheaper that way, and tasted better because you could eat it fresh out the oven. I also had to cut them in half to fit in my oven.

They started to cut back on the toppings for their cooked pizzas once the economy started tanking.

That was meant as a joke ... can't believe I got two serious replies

Costco pepperoni is very low quality, It's the only roni that has ever given me heart burn, YUCK. Plus If I'm not mistaken they use a cheddar/mozzarella blend on there pies don't they, Please coreect me if im wrong but real mozz doesnt oil up or brown like cheddar.

LongDongSilver said: Kikkoman said: neiley said: I was at Costco and a woman brought the pizza back. She said it was to big for her oven. Check the size of both before purchase.

Any food return from the fridge that has been out of the store for 15-20 mins will go straight to the trash. That's Costco's policy. I bought a box of $30 frozen filet mignon by mistake once and returned it within 30 mins. They gave me a full refund and threw the whole thing into the trash.

And the cost of that passed on in increased overall prices to all Customers.

Wow, I've been loving the pepperoni pizza.... we put mushrooms on top, and when it comes out add fresh herbs (basil, oregano), from our herb garden. Tastes delicious!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014