• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
The store I went to (Riv, Ca), Manager made the clerk run a seperate sale for each string of lights and coupon, I say no sweat if you got the time So do I

Cheaper ones are cool white (blue); more expensive are warm white (yellow). Look on the box; GE bulbs will say cool or warm white. clamrade said: Those who bought the white lights: do these give off bluish white or yellowish white (like traditional Christmas lights)?

Thanks.

Worked in North Attleboro Mass on Saturday 10/31. The cashier just marked down the boxes to 2.70 a pop.

worked for me as well I didnt use the 10 off 50 for the purchase. but I will for other stuff.
be careful to check the boxes they are stealing them left and right. I bought 8 sets and it took me to look through 20 boxes to find ones with coupons

We were all excited and dropped by on 10/31. We aborted since they really aren't that bright. I did some more reading on the box.
$6 regular C7 GE LEDs take 1.92 watts per string
$6.50 regular C9 GE LEDS 1.92 watts.
So you think by buying the larger C9 bulbs...you get brighter, ie more power. WRONG!

Now the higher priced energy smart GE LEDs...are something like $18 a pack but interesting enough
C9's use LESS power than the C7s. That's just weird...
Damn, I got a memory blank...so if someone can fill in the exact usage for me, but from what I recall...
C7 use around 4 watts per strand
C9 use about 3 watts.

I did compare the $6 C7 leds which appeared to clicker against the $18 or so C7 pack...and yes, the "Energy Smart" C7s are brighter.

btw...Costco san diego had them for $14 - 25 C7 strand

I purchased today, provided the $10.00 off coupon first , then the $3.00 of each box- no go. I had to use one or the other. The reverse side of the coupon ($10.00 off $50.00) does state it can not be combined with any other coupon. Its a good deal for some and an even better deal for others. It was a good deal for me.

I was in Home Depot yesterday and they announced over the loud speaker that Home Depot would give you $3 per string trade-in (working or not) of old Christmas Lights with the purchase of a string of new LED Christmas lights. One string trade-in for each string purchased. They did not state any limit. If the $10 off $50 does not work at Lowes along with the manufacturers coupons, then The Home Depot deal may be better (if you are like me and have a bunch of non-working strings that I was just saving for the spare bulbs). You should be able to get the $3 trade-in plus the $3 GE coupon.

radevers said: I was in Home Depot yesterday and they announced over the loud speaker that Home Depot would give you $3 per string trade-in (working or not) of old Christmas Lights with the purchase of a string of new LED Christmas lights. One string trade-in for each string purchased. They did not state any limit. If the $10 off $50 does not work at Lowes along with the manufacturers coupons, then The Home Depot deal may be better (if you are like me and have a bunch of non-working strings that I was just saving for the spare bulbs). You should be able to get the $3 trade-in plus the $3 GE coupon.I got an email from HD on Sunday that listed the details of this offer: limit 5 trade-ins per customer, offer is Nov 8 thru Nov 15

It was in the Weekly Ad Online.

radevers said: I was in Home Depot yesterday and they announced over the loud speaker that Home Depot would give you $3 per string trade-in (working or not) of old Christmas Lights with the purchase of a string of new LED Christmas lights. One string trade-in for each string purchased. They did not state any limit. If the $10 off $50 does not work at Lowes along with the manufacturers coupons, then The Home Depot deal may be better (if you are like me and have a bunch of non-working strings that I was just saving for the spare bulbs). You should be able to get the $3 trade-in plus the $3 GE coupon.

Yep, there is a whole discussion thread in Hot deals about The Home Depot deal. In fact, you get one coupon for $3 off with each trade in and each coupon is good for 5 discounts (ie: 5 strings at $2.97).. maybe the GE lights are better in quality though (generic from HD)

Lowes shelves were picked bare for me. But, Kmart has the more expensive version of the GE Lights (brighter LEDs) on sale. The 5'x4' 100 LED nets are normally $17.99, on sale for $9.99, final cost $6.99. Coupon scanned OK and clerk did not bat an eye at 7 coupons...

Not sure where to post this...but I was able to use the coupon from the first post in this thread at Kroger. My local store had a full stock of the GE LED's (all kinds) on sale (30% off), whereas Lowes & HD have been sold out for weeks.

In short, 4 boxes of GE "warm white" C5 for $3.69/box (after sale + coupon). Not bad.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014