• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is my first attempt so please be gentle

http://www.staples.com/Windows-7-Home-Premium-Family-Pack/product_820235

Windows 7 Home Premium 3 pack upgrade software is back in stock. Free shipping to your local store. If you are signed up for their newsletter email you can apply the 25 dollar coupons they routinely offer for phone/online orders.

My cost after order

Upgrade 149.99
Coupon -25.00
Delivery .00
Tax 7.50 (Maryland tax, YMMV)
Total 132.49 (44.16 per license/copy)

Also don't forget the 1% FW Cash Back on top of this.

Hope this gets the approval of you folks and I welcome any advice/comments for future posts.....

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

After $25 coupon from?

Sigh...I remember the good old days where you can install the original windows in multiple computers no problem. Now one license, one computer. How many times do you have to reimage your computer? are u screwed and have to buy another license if u reimage?

poison7FL said: After $25 coupon from?

Maybe read the post in its entirety...
"...If you are signed up for their newsletter email you can apply the 25 dollar coupons they routinely offer for phone/online orders..."

xocruiser1 said: poison7FL said: After $25 coupon from?

"...If you are signed up for their newsletter email you can apply the 25 dollar coupons they routinely offer for phone/online orders..."

Yes, I read it, but those don't ever cover software or tech items, so I'd like to know what $25 coupon covers it.

I hope they hold true to their previous reimage/reload policies where it tended to not complain too loudly if the hardware change was not severe (i.e a motherboard swap, etc). Even then though, I would make a quick call (quick in the sense of as fast as most customer support) and they would provide the appropriate code to allow the reinstall to continue. A few minutes of incovenience. That being said, I'm with you and do miss the old days of install without having to get big brother involved. Sigh.

xocruiser1 said: Sigh...I remember the good old days where you can install the original windows in multiple computers no problem. Now one license, one computer. How many times do you have to reimage your computer? are u screwed and have to buy another license if u reimage?

RE: buy another license for the same pc.
No, not if installed on the same computer, but you may get a message to call them.
The nice lady or man will allow it.
You will get a long string of numbers to input on the pc to allow it.

At least that was the way it was in the past starting with XP.

poison7FL said: xocruiser1 said: poison7FL said: After $25 coupon from?

Yes, I read it, but those don't ever cover software or tech items, so I'd like to know what $25 coupon covers it.

Apologies if I miscommunicated in my post. When I signed up for their email/newsletter, I routinely receive the 25 dollar off 75 or 100 dollar phone/online purchase. The coupon code worked on this without a hitch and I have used them in the past for computer hardware, printers, cameras, etc. Tech and computer have never errored out or not been honored for me. YMMV, but I think it should pass through for anyone, I am by no means any type of coupon savant hehe.

Linky no worky.

Jarhead1988 said: This is my first attempt so please be gentle

That's what she said.

poison7FL said: xocruiser1 said: poison7FL said: After $25 coupon from?

Ok, my apologies!

lol, I set myself up for that one didnt I?

uummmm....

On these family packs, do all these have to be installed in the same household or have the same last name? Could I grab a 3 pack and give 1 to my mom, who doesn't live with me?

I'm interested in both the 'legal' and 'possible' answers, I'll make the moral determination on my own.

to follow up on polkmaniac's question. Is there anything in the license that would prevent you for using it for business use?

polkmaniac said: On these family packs, do all these have to be installed in the same household or have the same last name? Could I grab a 3 pack and give 1 to my mom, who doesn't live with me?

I'm interested in both the 'legal' and 'possible' answers, I'll make the moral determination on my own.

1 Disk set. 1 key good for 3 simultaneous installations, so it'll be little bit of an inconvenience

Get it while it's available as this is a limited edition; after they run out its $119 for a single license

Sounds like a great deal, but do they really mean that all 3 installs MUST be done at one time? Logistically, this would be very difficult for me.

nope just 3 machines. it will require a telephone call if large components are changed and a serious explanation if there are more than 3 machines online with different config items. (mobo make, serial# of cpu, hard drive make, serial # of hard drive, video card, etc). Microsoft can see what is up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014