Emotiva Amp on Sale.

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://emotiva.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_list&c=3

For those who are looking for an amp to pair up with their receiver, the Emotiva Amp will be a good choice. They don't have sale often and when they do, don't wait for it to disappear. I had to wait for a very long time for the XPA 5 to come around this price again. Do your research at avsforum, audioholic, cnet, and various other sites.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While $50-$100 off does not seem like a huge discount, Emotiva amps are high quality stuff that are already very well priced. The tweakers over at AVSForum seem pretty excited about this. I'd say go for it if you are in the market for a new amp with great performance per dollar at a decent discount.

The Emotiva UPA-7 is an incredible home theater amp and a bargain at the sale price. I am using a Denon receiver as a preamp. The Emotiva was one of the best purchases I made for my home theater (the best choice was the SVS PB13 Ultra subwoofer).

Emotiva Email said: It's finally here, the sale you have all been waiting for!

upa-2 $249.00
upa-7 $599.00

xpa-1 $899.00 2 or more $799.00 each
xpa-2 $699.00
xpa-3 $519.00
xpa-5 $699.00

erc-1 $319.00

usp-1 $349.00

Speakers
erd-1 $249.00 pair
erm6.2 $219.00
erm6.3 $499.00
ert8.3 $749.00 each

Cables
ultra series 50% off with any purchase

x series 20% off

50% off t shirts with any order

free t shirts with any order over $499.00

Thank you all for your generous support. We wish y'all a wonderful holiday
season.

Sincerely,
Dan and Cathy Laufman
and all your friends at Emotiva

Wow i been wanting an Emotiva for awhile now and bought an used older Rotel for $95 to tide me over. I wish this happened over the summer cause i'm in the market for a new 2nd tv now.

nice find OP.

TDS1 said: The Emotiva UPA-7 is an incredible home theater amp and a bargain at the sale price. I am using a Denon receiver as a preamp. The Emotiva was one of the best purchases I made for my home theater (the best choice was the SVS PB13 Ultra subwoofer).

I've always wanted an SVS PB13. Too bad, I'll never get to experience one. I found a DIY subwoofer that was too good to turn down. But yeah, I am excited about the XPA 5. Will be here tomorrow. Prices are soo good, I almost want to get the XPA 3 for my ohter system....but I think the wife will kill me.

This statement is just MY OWN OPIONION. Take it for its worth.....02 cents.

When my Onkyo 805 broke down after 1.5 years, I thought about getting another mid-level receiver but wasn't sure if I wanted to always updating mid-level receivers, it can get expensive. Buying a receiver and an amp cost more in the beginning and I was spending waaaaaay too much already on my HT hobby. I decided to buy an HK 254 and waited for the XPA 5 to finally go on sale. Cost more but I figure when I upgrade my receiver again, I would be buying a lower end model with options I want over buying a mid-level receiver due to needing more power and options.

Anyways, I have the Emotiva XPA 5 for couple weeks and finally had the chance to test it out for music and HT. IMHO, there definately is an improvement enough to warrent the purchase. The biggest difference is music. My speaker is known to be "laid back" and at times, a little tad laid back for me. Once I added the XPA 5, the highs improved quite a bit. Not sure how to explain it. My tweeter seems to come alive, along with my mids as well. My highs seems to shine but at the same time, it isn't harsh....just very smooth. Just perfect to my ears. The voices of these singers just comes out at you. The sound of instruments was much more detail or should I say more define. This XPA 5 performs much, much better than my Onkyo 805 and that receiver was not a slouch either.

As for HT, same can be said as my above statement. Along with the fact that I no longer need to pump up the volume. I used to need to listen at a volume of -15 to be happy. Now, I am good at volume -24. The voices jumps out a lot more than it did. Very clear, without breaking or high pitched. Whisper can be heard, voices comes out clearer and cleaner.

Now, will you get to experience the same thing as I did? Can't say....We all have different speakers, different rooms, different tastes, different ears....but in my humble opinion, I don't think I can live without an external amp again. This is coming from a guy who didn't believe that an amp makes a difference. At the same time, don't think that getting an XPA 5 will magically improve your crappy $30 speakers. The biggest factor in sound is still: SPEAKERS.

^^^The reason why the XPA-5 makes your system sound better is because it has a higher gain than your HK. When you're comparing two items, the one that's louder usually sounds better. Assuming it isn't being overdriven, that is.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014