• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Heads Up: AMEX is giving $20 when you spend $40 or more 2 times at WalMart
http://offers.amexnetwork.com/walmartconnect?issuerName=us_amexnetworkdefault
Got this in the mail today.
Receive a $20 statement credit on your american experss card account when you spend $40 or more two times at WalMart stores or WalMart.com between Dec 1 and Dec 31 2009

This is pretty similar to their deal from last year.
Don't know if all AMEX card members are eligible so YMMV.

thanks Junkie76

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Did anyone who didn't get the invitation letter didn't receive the $20 credit? I made the purchases on 12/29 and the cre... (more)

mgm1001001 (Jan. 04, 2010 @ 9:16p) |

Be advised, your AMEX account could be closed or hindered for shopping at Wal Mart. Google if you don't believe me.

one s... (more)

frankjr (Jan. 27, 2010 @ 7:46a) |

That happened over a year ago and it really annoys me as they are just trying to sensationalize something that happens a... (more)

wiredspider (Jan. 28, 2010 @ 6:31a) |

Please post AMEX Card that you use to get the statement credit.

AMEX Blue - Credit Posted the following day
BOFA AMEX - Credit finally posted, took awhile though



.

The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

"We're sorry ... The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Butcherboy said:

This is pretty similar to their deal from last year.



lol, I still have WalMart gift cards left over from last year because of this.

Interesting, considering AMEX was just using spending patterns at discount stores such as WalMart to flag customers as higher-risk and take adverse action on their accounts.

skwiggey said: Interesting, considering AMEX was just using spending patterns at discount stores such as WalMart to flag customers as higher-risk and take adverse action on their accounts.I do believe it was WHERE you shopped, so a WalMart in NYC is different than the one in Watts (Is there one in Watts?)

b534202 said: lol, I still have WalMart gift cards left over from last year because of this.they should be easy to sell. specially when 3ing goes high on feeBay

hream said: "We're sorry ... The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

ditto.

Ok,I remember it now. You will just need to register the AMEX card you gonna use before you go shopping at the wally-world.

We're sorry. The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

I can see a green growing but... has anyone been able to use OP's deal? All I can see is "The system is currently unavailable"

Yep, same here...not working...

Not working. System unavailable.

NO DICE

System still unavailable from NorCal.

Dano

WARNING....THIS MAY BE A AMEX SET UP....AMEX IS WELL KNOWN FOR DROPPING PEOPLES CREDIT LINE AND JACKING UP THEIR INTEREST RATES AFTER THEY US THEIR CARD AT WALLY WORLD.....THEY CLAIM THEY HAVE STATISTICS THAT SHOW CARD MEMBERS WHO USE THEIR CARDS A WALLY HAVE HIGHER RATES OF DEFAULT......I DUMPED AMEX 6 MONTHS AGO....BUT I SURE WOULD NOT USE IT AT WALLY WORLD!

wooter54 said: WARNING....THIS MAY BE A AMEX SET UP....AMEX IS WELL KNOWN FOR DROPPING PEOPLES CREDIT LINE AND JACKING UP THEIR INTEREST RATES AFTER THEY US THEIR CARD AT WALLY WORLD.....THEY CLAIM THEY HAVE STATISTICS THAT SHOW CARD MEMBERS WHO USE THEIR CARDS A WALLY HAVE HIGHER RATES OF DEFAULT......I DUMPED AMEX 6 MONTHS AGO....BUT I SURE WOULD NOT USE IT AT WALLY WORLD!


BEWARE PEOPLE!!!! DON'T SIGN UP FOR ANY CREDIT CARDS. THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES WILL SEND YOUR INFORMATION TO THE CIA AND THEY WILL USE SATELLITE TO WATCH EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE. DO NOT OPEN ANY BANK ACCOUNTS, DO NOT APPLY FOR SCHOOL LOANS, DO NOT BUY A CAR, DO NOT BUY A HOUSE!!!!! THE GOVERNMENT WILL STALK EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE IF YOU DO. I JUST STAY IN MY BASEMENT HIDING UNDER THE TABLE.

president0bama said: wooter54 said: WARNING....THIS MAY BE A AMEX SET UP....AMEX IS WELL KNOWN FOR DROPPING PEOPLES CREDIT LINE AND JACKING UP THEIR INTEREST RATES AFTER THEY US THEIR CARD AT WALLY WORLD.....THEY CLAIM THEY HAVE STATISTICS THAT SHOW CARD MEMBERS WHO USE THEIR CARDS A WALLY HAVE HIGHER RATES OF DEFAULT......I DUMPED AMEX 6 MONTHS AGO....BUT I SURE WOULD NOT USE IT AT WALLY WORLD!


BEWARE PEOPLE!!!! DON'T SIGN UP FOR ANY CREDIT CARDS. THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES WILL SEND YOUR INFORMATION TO THE CIA AND THEY WILL USE SATELLITE TO WATCH EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE. DO NOT OPEN ANY BANK ACCOUNTS, DO NOT APPLY FOR SCHOOL LOANS, DO NOT BUY A CAR, DO NOT BUY A HOUSE!!!!! THE GOVERNMENT WILL STALK EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE IF YOU DO. I JUST STAY IN MY BASEMENT HIDING UNDER THE TABLE.


Thanks for the good laugh!!!!! You really said it very well. You can come out from under the table in your basement. The trick is to use the old fashioned, almost obsolete commodity called CASH. LOL

Red OP! Nobody has been able to get to the deal.

Doh...thought the website was up but errored when continuing.

bharatiya said: Red OP! Nobody has been able to get to the deal.

Thought the OP mentioned Butcherboy said: Don't know if all AMEX card members are eligible so YMMV. Take it with a pinch of salt. I dont think there's a "Head's up" forum where such possible deals can be posted.

Be gentle Bharatiya...OP posted a good deal and he is nothing to do with the amexnetwork site errors

Got in on this deal last year. Very easy to spend $40 at WalMart.

hopefully system is up tomorrow. I did this on three cards last year and it worked like a charm.

emmagata said: Got in on this deal last year. Very easy to spend $40 at WalMart.
Does buying wally gift cards qualify?

It did last year.

I was just able to connect without error.

b534202 said: Butcherboy said:

This is pretty similar to their deal from last year.



lol, I still have WalMart gift cards left over from last year because of this.

Use it at Sams club gas stations

TaWickli said: I was just able to connect without error.
Can you post the url you used if different from that OP posted.

thanks. I am getting an error... I will try again

I seem to recall trying this when it came up last time and my Platinum AMEX wasn't eligible.

Web page worked for me. I did this last year and it was fast and easy. Thanks OP!

Still can't get through to sign up, last year it was no problem getting the credits, I did back-to-back $40 transactions I have to admit I was a bit surprised to read here about AMEX 'tracking' WalMart store purchases...

Still unavailable. Until the deal is available I am marking this red.

If this changes, I will gladly change my vote, but for now this only makes me click in for nothing in exchange.

Sorry comrade, nothing personal.

I still get the failure. Tried it last night and today. No luck so far. I am surprised anyone is able to get thru, as the failure is generic and not specific to any account.

The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Green for good find. Patience, haters.

curtisekarr said: Green for good find. Patience, haters.

WTH?

curtisekarr said: .. haters.

Now following a procedure and saying it doesnt work is called....... hating. Amazing.

I tried this deal last year but I never got the credit from AMEX.

Skipping 59 Messages...
frankjr said: Be advised, your AMEX account could be closed or hindered for shopping at Wal Mart. Google if you don't believe me.

one story

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1130855/dont_use_your_a...


Perhaps part of the future hope of Amerika, limit and deter business!


That happened over a year ago and it really annoys me as they are just trying to sensationalize something that happens all the time.

From your link:
..."If they're spending in a way that looks like a pattern of other people who had credit trouble before them, it gets added into the mix," he said, adding that just using one's card at WalMart would not be enough to have one's credit limit slashed.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014