• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Checked my account and there's a note on the HBO/Cinemax combo and indivdual channel options for another free 3 month deal. I took advantage of the deal a few months ago and canceled it before it started billing. Looks like they're allowing customers to get another 3 months. There are also a few international channels being offered as well if you're interested in that.

Offer expires 1/16/10 according to the fine print at the bottom of the page when I checked out.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
hi!

I don't get it. I'm on my second month of Free HBO/Cinemax promotion. It's supposed to end on August 2. NOw, am I ... (more)

rsoratorio (Jul. 01, 2010 @ 4:50p) |

Still Alive. Just added this to my account again.

jcaleb1 (Jul. 03, 2010 @ 3:17p) |

Yesterday I canceled my 3 month promo which was ending in 2 days and today I added it back for another 3 months free. Go... (more)

Mindtoy (Jul. 10, 2010 @ 10:30a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just call the cancel department and threading to cancel your service. They will give you free. This stuff should be free

Thanks OP. Setanta Sports also available for three months free, but you have to pick one or the other. Fine print says offers can't be combined. Now just have to pick three months of movies or three months of soccer.

How hard is it to cancel the service? I would like the 3 free months, but not if I have to spend 2 hours on hold or send a registered letter or something to quit at the end of the 90 days. My experience with FIOS customer service has been pretty bad thus far- anyone who has done this care to comment?

John

Cancelled online last time they made this offer one day, was removed the next day, had zero problems.

Wowzers, I just called them and they informed me that I could upgrade my entire package from internet 15/5 to 25/15 for $5/month more. Plus I get some more sports channels, the HD channels, and some sort of WiFi package that allows me use of WiFi at hotspots. I had no idea that I could get all this for $5 more. I added the free 3 months of HBO/Cinemax and Home Media DVR too. Thanks OP!

MoeMoe, check your connection speed before you pay more as I [ay for 20/5 and get 25/5 every time I check the speed.

Just added HBO/Cinemax for 3 months; something to watch over Xmas. Confirmed on chat I could cancel with no charge and saved a copy of the chat.

I'm going to do this but wait until early/mid January. I believe The Pacific starts in March so I can catch at least part of that before the free period expires.

I did this last time and Verizon customer service made canceling easy.
Something weird happened, where this HBO/Cinemax charge showed up on my bill, even though it was still about a week short of three months. Something to do with their billing cycle. I just called and canceled and the CS rep took the charge off my bill. No problem, and it only took a few minutes.

I had this over the summer. I called and canceled prior to the 3 month expiration. I was still billed for a partial month of service. When I called, they said it's because they bill a month in advance. They said it would come off the following months bill. It appeared to, but their bills are so hard to decipher as it is.

I got this offer 6 months ago. Was able to extend it 1 time but no go today. They shot me down.

I keep getting an error when I try to add the package "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable "

I canceled my 3 months b/c Entourage is over. When it comes back on, maybe i'll add... in the meantime, 3 months free doesn't seem bad if i don't have to extend my contract

I don't see any package when I log in. Was it in the form of a message from Vzn?

TooManyToys said: I don't see any package when I log in. Was it in the form of a message from Vzn?

Once you're signed in, you should have a link for "Add/Change channels" Click that, then click "Change" next to Channels on the page that opens up. If you don't have a Channels line item, hit Change next to FIOS TV Plan. The combo and separate channels will note the 3 month special offer.

I currently subscribe to hbo/cinemax. If I cancel (online) today, do you think that in a couple of days I will see the free 3 mo offer? Anyone know? (florida)

BTW...I do see the free 3mos of sports offer now.

Just called and got
1. movie package free for 12 months and
2. HBO free for 3 months.

Movie Package includes stars, showtimes and some other movie channels like sundance etc.
No renewal of contract.

Thanks for the post.

kalg said: Just called and got

Movie Package includes stars, showtimes and some other movie channels like sundance etc.
No renewal of contract.

Thanks for the post.

did you talk to retention or did you just ask?

Got it too. Dropped the Movie package (Showtime/TMC, etc) since Dexter ended on Sunday. They offered HBO/Cinemax for 3mo. Just told me to remember to call and cancel in 3 months.

Thos.

kalg said: Just called and got

No renewal of contract.

Thanks for the post.

who did you call to get this?

i did this last time, they offered it, i was able to cancel easily, and i was billed for almost a month of hbo/cinemax, but they told me this was because they bill in advance, the next month my bill was 20$ less. So if you do go just about the full 3 months, be prepared to pay extra one month but get that extra amount discounted from the regular bill the following month.

Thank you!!

thanks for your instruction. got it done today.

Mindtoy said: TooManyToys said: I don't see any package when I log in. Was it in the form of a message from Vzn?

Once you're signed in, you should have a link for "Add/Change channels" Click that, then click "Change" next to Channels on the page that opens up. If you don't have a Channels line item, hit Change next to FIOS TV Plan. The combo and separate channels will note the 3 month special offer.

i did it online. i must be doing it wrong. i took off my promo for hbo, cinemax, showtime, and starz and then didn't get anything about an hbo trial period. i did see cinemax tho

This must depend on where you live. I am in the NorthWest and they said I could get Free HBO/Cinemax for 90 days but there was no Promo for the Movie package...Starz, Showtime, etc. Also, someone said it expired 1/16/2010 but the person I spoke to said there were new promo's 1/2/2010 so she did not know it HBO/Cinemax would be available then. I am thinking of re-upping tomorrow as I just finished the same offer 12/28/09.

Is the 3 months supposed to inlude the On-Demand HBO and Cinemax, or is that separate?

Though the regular HBO and Cinemax channels are showing, it says I need to subscribe for the On Demand.

Just wondering if I need to contact FIOS.

Thanks in advance

JoeEskimo said: Is the 3 months supposed to inlude the On-Demand HBO and Cinemax, or is that separate?

Though the regular HBO and Cinemax channels are showing, it says I need to subscribe for the On Demand.

Thanks in advance

As far as I knew it DOES include on demand. In fact, here is what it says when you log in and select add/remove channels...

A full lineup of Hollywood movies and original programming as well as access to HBO & Cinemax on demand. Special Offer: Order today and get 3 months FREE.

what is the time difference between when you order online and when the channels come up on your tv?

Usually a few minutes (<10), but it supposedly can take a day.

I sure wish I could get the same answer twice from FIOS Reps.

1. Yesterday I was told to call today to check on other packages in my area. They WOULD be open 'til 6PM Pacific. When I call the recording says the Business office is closed.

2. The Free HBO/Cinemax offer says that it is good 'til 1/16/2010 (at the bottom of the page). I had been told yesterday that New Promo's would be available Starting 1/2/2010 and that I should just go ahead and order HBO/Cinemax. I mentioned that there should not be any hurry to order now as it clearly said it was good 'til the 16th. They said that offers can change at any time, so what exactly does "Good through 1/16/2010" mean anyway!

3. They asked why I cared about new Promos anyway. I said that if I got HBO/Cinemax today, and there was a better offer online Monday, that I would not be able to take advantage of that because they limit you to one PROMO at a time. They said that was not a problem as I would still get HBO/Cinemax Free if I ordered today! I give up.

MPSAN said: JoeEskimo said: Is the 3 months supposed to inlude the On-Demand HBO and Cinemax, or is that separate?

Thanks in advance

As far as I knew it DOES include on demand. In fact, here is what it says when you log in and select add/remove channels...

A full lineup of Hollywood movies and original programming as well as access to HBO & Cinemax on demand. Special Offer: Order today and get 3 months FREE.

Yep it does. They had the same offer in the summer and on demand worked for me.

I wish FiOS was available in my area, I can't wait to dump TimeWarner .........

Just tried, they said it was the same promotion as in summer and I couldn't do it twice.

That's crap that they didn't let you, they let me do it (I called last week) - and I also did it over the summer. In fact this is the third time I have done the promo in the past 15 months. I'm in Ft Wayne, IN. Are they stricter depending on the area or something?

I did it again too. Probably just the CSR being mean. Try another one.

poohbie said: I did it again too. Probably just the CSR being mean. Try another one.

Yes, it says NEW (HBO/Cinemax) customers. Some CSR's take that to mean new customers only.

Just go online and sign in to your account and click on add/change channels. You will see the box for HBO + Cinemax free 3 months. Just click it!

Did this today online successfully, 2nd time I've had this promo.

It seems like this promotion is back again. Perfect timing as it has just passed three months since I ordered one during the last promotion period.

bigfoot00 said: It seems like this promotion is back again. Perfect timing as it has just passed three months since I ordered one during the last promotion period.

Good call! I just noticed this and it ends on the 4/17. Why don't you create a new topic? Not sure everyone will check this old one.

Skipping 8 Messages...
Yesterday I canceled my 3 month promo which was ending in 2 days and today I added it back for another 3 months free. Good deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014