• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Copied and pasted from cimorene on SD

For a limited time, you can file both federal and state taxes for only $11.90 total for both! ($6.95 and $4.95 respectively)

This is for the Deluxe "Ultimate Bundle", and is targetted at those who took advantage of a similar deal last year. However, I checked and it seems you can create a new login and still lock in this ridiculously cheap price even if you did not file with them last year.

You DO NOT have to have your W2. You just need to create the login using the link to lock in your rate with their price-rate-guarantee [taxact.com], and you can return to e-file once you receive all your necessary documents.

I don't know when this expires so..
GET NOW, THINK LATER! There's no cost to lock in the rate!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yeah, its there. I did the walk through when doing my taxes and it came up.

lt (Apr. 16, 2010 @ 1:37p) |

I used Tax Act and I was unaware of the "Making Work Pay" credit. I worked through Tax Act using a dummy SS# and the to... (more)

Kariput (Apr. 29, 2010 @ 1:20p) |

TaxAct filed a sched M for me.

doncrescas (Apr. 29, 2010 @ 1:23p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seems like a good deal, but maybe I'm still the only one who's nervous about doing all that stuff online. I know it doesn't really make sense given how much personal info is going over the Interwebs on a daily basis for purchases, etc, but I still feel a little odd putting all of it in one place (and yes, I don't e-file either). But still a good deal, thanks for sharing.

pitflyer said: Seems like a good deal, but maybe I'm still the only one who's nervous about doing all that stuff online. I know it doesn't really make sense given how much personal info is going over the Interwebs on a daily basis for purchases, etc, but I still feel a little odd putting all of it in one place (and yes, I don't e-file either). But still a good deal, thanks for sharing.

I pretty much do everything in my life online now-a-days and I've never had a problem. But I highly respect people who are cautious of doing things online solely on the fact that I have repaired a number of computers in my day which were just infected and back with malicious software / viruses / Trojans and key-loggers (The worst offender in my opinion). In other words, if you're not a tech savy computer person (or even a weekend warrior type), it's best just to stick to the old fashioned way of doing things by mail... which I'm more afraid of having it lost. Catch 22 almost if you think about it.

Anyway OP, thanks for the deal and green for you. Most sites only offer Federal filing for low prices.

You college kids out there should be on the look-out for free filing for returns first before paying anything. Majority are eligible.

Thanks OP!

I have used TaxAct online for the past 5 years or so and this deal appeals to me. However, it appears as though I'd need to create a new log in no matter what and I don't want to do that. Maybe I'm missing something.... Anyone else having trouble who is a returning user?

:/

many states offer free returns online just FYI.

I signed up to lock in the rate. Not sure if I'll use it but at least I have the option. I got a free copy of TurboTax Basic in snail mail and it offers free federal e-filing (5 free). You have to pay for the state. The $11.90 for this beats the price for TurboTax's state e-filing add-on.

Hc000 said: many states offer free returns online just FYI.

I've heard of this. Where would I find one for TX?

KatKees said: Thanks OP!

I have used TaxAct online for the past 5 years or so and this deal appeals to me. However, it appears as though I'd need to create a new log in no matter what and I don't want to do that. Maybe I'm missing something.... Anyone else having trouble who is a returning user?

I'm a returned user. I used the same username and email address. You have to put in your social security number if you're a returned user.

pisistratus said: Hc000 said: many states offer free returns online just FYI.

Is that a trick question? There's no state income tax in TX.

Thanks OP...I will be using this as a returning user.

Dont be wary pitflyer...that was the main reason we got a computer around 10 yrs ago--to do our taxes ourself, so we didnt have to pay someone else to do them. And believe me, if I can do ours, anybody can--lol The process is easy to understand, and walks you thru it I suspect e-filing will soon be the only way to go...

i had an account last year but i did not use it. I use it today by following OP's link. How do I know if I have locked the rate?

pitflyer said: Seems like a good deal, but maybe I'm still the only one who's nervous about doing all that stuff online. I know it doesn't really make sense given how much personal info is going over the Interwebs on a daily basis for purchases, etc, but I still feel a little odd putting all of it in one place (and yes, I don't e-file either). But still a good deal, thanks for sharing.

Whether you efile or not, your paper will turn into a digital form and processed. It's just a matter of when, if and how your information gets stolen.

BlackPear1 said: pisistratus said: Hc000 said: many states offer free returns online just FYI.

I meant an online service where I can do my taxes online for free.

Thanks OP. I had started my TaxAct online in October and locked in $13.95. Now I have the lower rate locked of $11.90.

KatKees said: Thanks OP!

You can get in on this without creating a new ID. Click on "Returning 2009 Users" on the left side and "continue your 2009 return" - it gave me the 11.90 price on my existing login.

Thanks for the deal

Times like this, I love being an Accountant.

pisistratus said: BlackPear1 said: pisistratus said: Hc000 said: many states offer free returns online just FYI.

I meant an online service where I can do my taxes online for free.
Free Federal preparation and electronic filing is available to some taxpayers through IRS' Free File program. Details will be available on January 15, 2010.

For those that make less than I think $42,000 for this tax year (2009) you can have your tax return prepared and e-filed for free through the VITA program. As long as it is not too complicated, they will do it for free. They are set up at local colleges and the volunteers are all certified by the IRS. Mainly Accountants and Accounting students that are doing the tax returns. I have been volunteering there for a few years now and it is great.

Thanks OP. I've been looking for cheap software for state and this is a great price. I registered and the $11.90 price guarantee showed up in an email (but not on screen anywhere).

LawrenceofArabia said: For those that make less than I think $42,000 for this tax year (2009) you can have your tax return prepared and e-filed for free through the VITA program....I thought the cutoff for 2009 is $49,000.

pisistratus said: Hc000 said: many states offer free returns online just FYI.

ha ha ... I got it, thought it was funnay!

Best regards,
-boggsie

Im a college student and I just got my first job this year.. but didnt receive any tax forms in the mail yet. Should i go in with this offer? someone help

THIS LINK to taxact looks to be free.

Johneverd said: THIS LINK to taxact looks to be free.

Your TaxACT Fees
For TaxACT Online Free Federal Edition, your Federal Return is FREE and the State Return fee is $14.95. Additional State Returns are $14.95. For more information, see My TaxACT within TaxACT Online.

Thanks OP. Green 4 U. I think I'm going to help the economy this year by filing a paper return. Force the Federal and state governments to hire data entry clerks.

Can someone provide feedback on this vs. the other tax prep software; TurboTax and TaxCut. I used TaxCut last year and I'm sure at some point in the next month I'll be able to get it for $20 or so, so I am assuming the hassle of having to re-enter last years info is worth the extra money. Can I import last years info?

Izmeeh said: Link

...I don't know when this expires so..
GET NOW, THINK LATER! There's no cost to lock in the rate!

I think it's worth mentioning, you get to "lock in the rate" (as the OP suggests) and there is no credit card or other payment required when sigining up. I assumed I would be charged at sign up, but this is NOT THE CASE -so it truly costs you nothing to sign-up at this rate.

I have been using the downloaded software version of TaxAct for a very long time, it is really a great software and a fraction of the price of the others. I wish I could somehow use this code for the downloaded version...

LETS C/// FILE to send more $$ to bailout more $6mm executives and
FORGET about tea parties.. AMAZINGly ......small mind s/ memories...

signed up - not positive that I'll use it - but no harm in signing up

idajean said: LETS C/// FILE to send more $$ to bailout more $6mm executives and
FORGET about tea parties.. AMAZINGly ......small mind s/ memories...

"AMAZINGly ......small mind"

Indeed sir. A penny for your thoughts. And thanks for sharing !

How did you confirm that you got the $11.90 price on your existing login. I was able to login after following OP's lik, but don't see the new price.

diljs said: KatKees said: Thanks OP!

You can get in on this without creating a new ID. Click on "Returning 2009 Users" on the left side and "continue your 2009 return" - it gave me the 11.90 price on my existing login.

I used Express1040.com for both State (CA) and Federal. Federal was free and the State filing was $9.95 in 2009 and $8.95 in 2008. Is TaxAct any better?

all are Fine IF dont mind giving out complete and all personal financial info online to whomever
might want to look at it. ..

Zenoicus said: LawrenceofArabia said: For those that make less than I think $42,000 for this tax year (2009) you can have your tax return prepared and e-filed for free through the VITA program....I thought the cutoff for 2009 is $49,000.

Thanks for correcting me on the cutoff. Where I volunteer we honestly do it for anyone that asks. I have had a few people making 6 figures that I have accepted, I had to deny one lady and she made over half a million. When I told her I couldn't do her return she became angry and told me how far she traveled.

MasterX said: Can someone provide feedback on this vs. the other tax prep software; TurboTax and TaxCut. I used TaxCut last year and I'm sure at some point in the next month I'll be able to get it for $20 or so, so I am assuming the hassle of having to re-enter last years info is worth the extra money. Can I import last years info? They all have pros and cons, it comes down to a personal choice. I've not tried TC but of the ones I have tried, TT, IMO, has the clearest and best looking interface. Since you don't pay until filing, it is easy to try the ones you are considering. For 2007, I tried TA, TT and TaxSimple. Because of the amount of my capital gains, TT required my upgrading to their premium package. TA let me include those capital gains without an upgrade and gave me the largest refund so I filed with them. For 2008 I tried those same 3 plus FreeTaxUSA. Both TT & TA gave me the best and equal returns and since the TT deal I had at the time was less expensive, I filed with them.

Just FYI, you do not have to put in your personal info until filing so it's easy to try and compare.

Thanks. I did my tax report with them for two years. I just used the free edition since our state doesn't have tax. And their free edition can do everything. Can you tell me what's the difference between the free one and this version? Thanks!

Skipping 128 Messages...
TaxAct filed a sched M for me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014