• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
You can really stack the deals up on Uverse right now.

I just signed up for the Data and Cable package for $109/month, with a $350 rebate and then $60 bill credit for the paperless billing, and the $55 in FatCash!

Our Everest Internet has sucked and I'm looking forward to trying this out. If it sucks, I can go back to Everest (oops, SureWest now) with the teaser offers I'm sure they'll send. Or I could try Time Warner and their teaser offers.

Installation is free.

It looks like I'll get a few more channels than I get now (U200+HD package), so that will be nice to see

There is also a $25 code "Extragift," but I didn't want to screw up the FatCash!

AT&T Wired
See AT&T Wired coupons that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
For people still interested in this deal, it's currently $250 gift card for tv+internet and $350 for tv+internet+voice (... (more)

BoboTheBear (May. 25, 2010 @ 7:34p) |

It seems that the internet (for me) is minimum $35. And there is a $3 a month charge for internet equipment. Meaning I d... (more)

kickerstarter (Jun. 07, 2010 @ 6:48p) |

Does anyone know if there are any specific Uverse Coupon Codes presently. I know there are sites like RicksCouponPicks ... (more)

ninja430 (Jul. 11, 2010 @ 8:49p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If it were only available... still waiting

damn...I am already with uverse...anybody else out there I can move to?

What kind of commitment is there to get the rebates? Comcrap just finished all of my promos and I have tried talking with 3 CSRs to no avail so I am ready to move but have my doubts about AT&T.

you can move to verizon fios planohockey!

Just a word of advice - I switched over to ATT in July when I moved, and was told by multiple reps/salesman that I would be getting $350 Cash Back if I went through the actual sales rep. He assured me that he could get me the most back from my services (TV/INTERNET).

To make a long story short.... I FINALLY got all my CashBack a few weeks ago. Make sure you sign up online, it is easier and a more efficient way to track if you have any Cash Back problems. They were giving me the run around about how they never have been able to give more than $250 back and yadda yadda yadda......It took 4 months, but I finally got through the proper chains and some helpful CSA's.

For their Referral programs - if you refer someone, you will get $25 for each service they sign up for - certain times they will double that. And, if they are new ATT customers, you get an additional $25. ONCE AGAIN, it took me 4 months to get that CashBack too! Please note that these cashbacks are different and go through different departments. And are no way connected. They had a new system of tracking it, and then they switched to another system, none of my referrals went over to the new system. It was a nightmare, and is a mess.

This is just a quick glance at the entire system - but the reason I write is only to make sure that each of you make sure you get the correct info before proceeding. I felt I was baited and switched on multiple occasions and hope that won't happen to you guys. Make sure you have a trail of how much you are getting, and talk to someone to varify - get their ID number and if you can, do everything online!

GOOD LUCK!!

ganjagadget said: What kind of commitment is there to get the rebates? Comcrap just finished all of my promos and I have tried talking with 3 CSRs to no avail so I am ready to move but have my doubts about AT&T.

There are no contracts or install fees (at least for me). Everyone I know had them installed for free and never heard of them charging before.

Their service is comparable if not better than Time Warner. For the about the same price, if not $5 more, but you get a 4 channel DVR instead of a 2 channel.

zeps7784 said: Just a word of advice - I switched over to ATT in July when I moved, and was told by multiple reps/salesman that I would be getting $350 Cash Back if I went through the actual sales rep. He assured me that he could get me the most back from my services (TV/INTERNET).

To make a long story short.... I FINALLY got all my CashBack a few weeks ago. Make sure you sign up online, it is easier and a more efficient way to track if you have any Cash Back problems. They were giving me the run around about how they never have been able to give more than $250 back and yadda yadda yadda......It took 4 months, but I finally got through the proper chains and some helpful CSA's.

For their Referral programs - if you refer someone, you will get $25 for each service they sign up for - certain times they will double that. And, if they are new ATT customers, you get an additional $25. ONCE AGAIN, it took me 4 months to get that CashBack too! Please note that these cashbacks are different and go through different departments. And are no way connected. They had a new system of tracking it, and then they switched to another system, none of my referrals went over to the new system. It was a nightmare, and is a mess.

This is just a quick glance at the entire system - but the reason I write is only to make sure that each of you make sure you get the correct info before proceeding. I felt I was baited and switched on multiple occasions and hope that won't happen to you guys. Make sure you have a trail of how much you are getting, and talk to someone to varify - get their ID number and if you can, do everything online!

GOOD LUCK!!

DITTO! I still did not get rest of the rebate for $100. They give you a usual runaround between Customer service and rewards center. I like their service but I really hate the reward center crap!

I just tried to order on-line then I remembered that last time I was going to switch, I had to call because my address is not found on the site. You would think they would have fixed it by now, I had an appointment setup and everything.

So now I am having second thoughts after zeps7784 and nucor's experiences with ordering via the phone. The rep last time told me she "would honor the online rebate because I was unable to use the web" but who knows if I ever would have gotten it?

What's the commitment? Can I make some cash on this?

masterpownage said: you can move to verizon fios planohockey!

Thanks but Verizon Fios is not available in my area.....

Anybody know of a good deal with Time Warner?

still waiting....wish they'd get their act together and expand more in Ft. Lauderdale!

JandS said: You can really stack the deals up on Uverse right now.

I just signed up for the Data and Cable package for $109/month, with a $350 rebate and then $60 bill credit for the paperless billing, and the $55 in FatCash!

Our Everest Internet has sucked and I'm looking forward to trying this out. If it sucks, I can go back to Everest (oops, SureWest now) with the teaser offers I'm sure they'll send. Or I could try Time Warner and their teaser offers.

Installation is free.

It looks like I'll get a few more channels than I get now (U200+HD package), so that will be nice to see

There is also a $25 code "Extragift," but I didn't want to screw up the FatCash!

I've got U-verse currently but have been excited for when SureWest will offer service to my home. They were measuring in my back yard months ago and I spoke with the guy who told me that build out was likely 6 months or more away.

I'm curious what you didn't like about their internet service. Were you on the newer symmetrical fiber connections they are installing or older copper to the house?
Can't argue with the speed packages 10/10, 20/20, 50/50 (mbps up/down). Any feedback would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

jds580s said: JandS said: You can really stack the deals up on Uverse right now.

Installation is free.

I've got U-verse currently but have been excited for when SureWest will offer service to my home. They were measuring in my back yard months ago and I spoke with the guy who told me that build out was likely 6 months or more away.

I'm curious what you didn't like about their internet service. Were you on the newer symmetrical fiber connections they are installing or older copper to the house?
Can't argue with the speed packages 10/10, 20/20, 50/50 (mbps up/down). Any feedback would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

The speed sucks. Really sucks.

My cell phone is probably faster in the evening.

FWIW, they wired it about 3 years ago, so you may be getting a faster set up.

69ragtop said: If it were only available... still waitingAint that the truth. I'm on dial-up run through twisted pair barbed wire (ok, actually I'm lying - I'm on a satelite connection, but same existential ststement). Everyone's going to be sailing around in hovercrafts before that's available out here. In the words of the Godfather, "This is the price you pay for the life you lead."

U verse I wish . But at least we have 1.5 dsl here and thats all we can get. Been seeing the ATT trucks running lines all over the place but no word on when we'll see uverse. I think I saw one of the VRADs just down the road though. Hope the rebates are still available when it goes live here. Thanks OP.

i can order uverse now wheni tried to order internet only is shows one time install charge of $149 . any way to get rid of this

manuvns said: i can order uverse now wheni tried to order internet only is shows one time install charge of $149 . any way to get rid of this

You have to order TV service to get free install, you can cancel the TV within the first 30 days and you will be charged $0 for the TV service and they will still waive the installation fee. Just be aware of it to keep U-Verse Internet only package in some parts of the country you need to maintain either Max or Max Plus(12mbs or 18mbs) internet packages or they will tell you to switch back to DSL as they prefer to reserve the ports for the VRAD for customers getting service that DSL can not offer. Also if you cancel before 30 days you will not qualify for any rebates or discounts on the services at all either, so you are much better off ordering U-Verse 200 package keeping it till your rewards are issued and then canceling as you will end up paying at most for 5-6 weeks of service which will end up being much less than $350 rebate you will get.

Also if you are unlucky like me or many others, you might be forced to keep your TV service much longer, I personally canceled my TV after 50 days when I noticed the last $100 gift card was not coming and it was cheaper to cut my looses than continue to pay for TV service which I did not want just to try to get last $100 gift card but I still got $150 + $30 off a month for 6 months off my internet and $10 off my bill each month for auto pay and free install so I am paying currently $25 for Max Plus till May then it goes up to $65 and I was able to get CS to refund me all my money for the TV service as I claimed only reason I keep it past the 30 days was for the rebate I never got and if I know I was going to get cheated on the rebate would have canceled the service within 1 week as the picture quality is terrible and in my house hold we tend to watch more than 2 HD streams at a time as I requested 3 HD boxes knowing if I canceled with in the first 30 days I owned nothing and planned on doing it from day 1.

Great deal and nice packages. Not available for me. My neighbors have but signal is "too dirty" at my house. AT&T has no plans to fix.

dolmar said: manuvns said: i can order uverse now wheni tried to order internet only is shows one time install charge of $149 . any way to get rid of this

You have to order TV service to get free install, you can cancel the TV within the first 30 days and you will be charged $0 for the TV service and they will still waive the installation fee. Just be aware of it to keep U-Verse Internet only package in some parts of the country you need to maintain either Max or Max Plus(12mbs or 18mbs) internet packages or they will tell you to switch back to DSL as they prefer to reserve the ports for the VRAD for customers getting service that DSL can not offer. Also if you cancel before 30 days you will not qualify for any rebates or discounts on the services at all either, so you are much better off ordering U-Verse 200 package keeping it till your rewards are issued and then canceling as you will end up paying at most for 5-6 weeks of service which will end up being much less than $350 rebate you will get.

Also if you are unlucky like me or many others, you might be forced to keep your TV service much longer, I personally canceled my TV after 50 days when I noticed the last $100 gift card was not coming and it was cheaper to cut my looses than continue to pay for TV service which I did not want just to try to get last $100 gift card but I still got $150 + $30 off a month for 6 months off my internet and $10 off my bill each month for auto pay and free install so I am paying currently $25 for Max Plus till May then it goes up to $65 and I was able to get CS to refund me all my money for the TV service as I claimed only reason I keep it past the 30 days was for the rebate I never got and if I know I was going to get cheated on the rebate would have canceled the service within 1 week as the picture quality is terrible and in my house hold we tend to watch more than 2 HD streams at a time as I requested 3 HD boxes knowing if I canceled with in the first 30 days I owned nothing and planned on doing it from day 1.

thanks for the info dolmar . i am planning to order $94 package ( $64 for u200 Tv and $30 for pro internet ) . i hope these are not intro prices and cancel when rebate is through .

UVerse is an excellent service, I have been using for the last 2 years. Sometimes you need to contact them to get your rebates!

kittunni said: UVerse is an excellent service, I have been using for the last 2 years. Sometimes you need to contact them to get your rebates!

You might need to get your eyes checked, U-Verse HD Picture quality is the worse of any service out hand down, It is not even close. U-Verse compresses all HD channels down to 6mbs vs cable in general is 8mbs and Sat is 9mbs. With that being said I guess getting some HD channels is better than nothing because some cable system has very few HD channels but chances are in you are in any of the big metro cities your local cable company has almost as many channels.

The only good thing about TV service is the DVR which is almost as good as a TiVo but beside the DVR U-Verse has way to many limitation to be even be worthwhile and it should not be priced anywhere near where it is considering those limitations.

The internet service is very good tho.

dolmar said:

You might need to get your eyes checked, U-Verse HD Picture quality is the worse of any service out hand down, It is not even close. U-Verse compresses all HD channels down to 6mbs vs cable in general is 8mbs and Sat is 9mbs. With that being said I guess getting some HD channels is better than nothing because some cable system has very few HD channels but chances are in you are in any of the big metro cities your local cable company has almost as many channels.

The only good thing about TV service is the DVR which is almost as good as a TiVo but beside the DVR U-Verse has way to many limitation to be even be worthwhile and it should not be priced anywhere near where it is considering those limitations.

The internet service is very good tho.

Agreed. We have DirecTV and the inlaws have U-Verse (they used to have DirecTV). We're both running the same 50" Plasma TV and the picture on his looked horrible. WAY too much compression with U-Verse! We were holding out for FIOS but it sounds like it's at least another year or two away. So, we took the plunge yesterday to U-Verse high-speed so we could ditch our crappy Time-Warner internet. There appears to be a 6 month promo for the top tier (18Mbps) bringing it down to $40/mo instead of $65/mo.

97snake said: We were holding out for FIOS but it sounds like it's at least another year or two away.

Good luck on that pipe dream and don't hold you breath unless you are in Texas which so far is only state which allows local telco's to cross sale into each other territory and that is limited to 1 trail area outside of Austin currently in Texas and they can only sell TV and Internet service and not telephone. And except for a few larger planned communities in Austin who agreed to go all ATT or Verizon neither telco has started to sell TV/Internet outside of their own territory.

Beside that 1 test market, no other state that I am aware of allows ATT/Verizon/Q-west to cross each other territory and cross sell each other customers any type of local loop service be it phone, DSL, Fios, U-Verse, VDSL etc. So as a good thumb of rule if your local telco is ATT chances are you will never have access to Fios and if you are in a Verizon area you will never have access to U-Verse. If you live in a Q-West area you will never have access to either.

does anyone else have any luck collecting the missing Cash Back? I signed up for a deal for $350 ($250 + $100 special promotion, I have all screenshots and evidence to prove that I qualify), just wondering what type of issues have your dealt with when calling the CSR?

dolmar said: You might need to get your eyes checked, U-Verse HD Picture quality is the worse of any service out hand down, It is not even close.
I suppose it depends on where you live. Time Warner and Cox are much worse in Orange County, CA. I don't know anyone with cable in Orange County, CA that has better picture quality than Uverse.

dolmar said: U-Verse compresses all HD channels down to 6mbs vs cable in general is 8mbs and Sat is 9mbs.
Compression isn't the only factor in getting good signal. Quite often signal has hiccups, goes choppy on other providers when I visit my friend's or family's houses. In fact, most of my friends that see U-verse on my TV claim they can't wait until u-verse is available to them. The only friends that don't compliment u-verse are the ones with DirecTV.

BTW, I was on Time Warner before I switched and couldn't believe how much better the quality was. Another big improvement that is not discussed much was the SD quality on HDTV's. The SD channels on TWC were fine on a CRT, but not great on HDTV.

dnguyen800 said: does anyone else have any luck collecting the missing Cash Back? I signed up for a deal for $350 ($250 + $100 special promotion, I have all screenshots and evidence to prove that I qualify), just wondering what type of issues have your dealt with when calling the CSR?

I didn't get one of my $100 GC's so I called them. They quickly credited my account $100.

riznick said: Compression isn't the only factor in getting good signal. Quite often signal has hiccups, goes choppy on other providers when I visit my friend's or family's houses. In fact, most of my friends that see U-verse on my TV claim they can't wait until u-verse is available to them. The only friends that don't compliment u-verse are the ones with DirecTV.

BTW, I was on Time Warner before I switched and couldn't believe how much better the quality was. Another big improvement that is not discussed much was the SD quality on HDTV's. The SD channels on TWC were fine on a CRT, but not great on HDTV.

We had the same exchange in another threat, you admitted you had not had cable for over 2 years, things change you know like TWC in OC has 91 channels and you stated they had under 20 when you last had cable. While you think or believe cable picture quality in Orange County is worse than U-Verse the extremist who have multiple tv next to each, calibrate their tv's and maintain 2 different pay services like Dish Network or Direct Tv and Cable or Fios or U-Verse in addition to Over the air antenna completely disagree with you. I have seen some posts from people in Irvine and Anaheim who disagree with you. The reason they maintain 2-3 pay services is they want Sunday Ticket and Nascar which can be purchase strictly ala cart and have cable or Fios in general for other HD programing as Direct Tv has fewest HD channels compared to other pay TV services but exclusives on Sunday Ticket and Nascar so they maintain 2 pay TV so they can get most HD channels possible at highest quality possible. All those exemists who have tried U-Verse say it is junk compared to Dish or their local cable and they prefer to have less HD channels which are higher quality. We are not talking about 1 post from these type people but their are at least 100's posts to the same effect between avsforum and Highdefforum. They basically state from all the TV services out their in general U-Verse has by far the worst picture quality in general except for a few small rural analog only cable companies. These same people have compared U-Verse to both Direct Tv and Dish Network, I have never seen anyone claim U-Verse picture quality is better as matter of fact every post I have ever read, even the ones on ATT Utalk forum which if the official ATT support forum for U-Verse biggest complaint is poor picture quality compared to their old service be it cable or sat and the only reason most people are willing to put up with it is because U-Verse is much cheaper than their local cable or Sat option but lately many posts on Utalk are even complaining about the fact their local cable companies are now running promo's which are even cheaper than U-Verse bundles that include free DVR'S in response to U-Verse roll out and total DVR.

69ragtop said: If it were only available... still waiting

You're telling me. The effers ripped the lawn to put fibre through my parents private property (not in the eavesment) and installed a big honkin box....and we get DSL and no TV service at all, except an affiliate program from one of the dish providers. Typical Ma Bell.

dolmar said: riznick said: Compression isn't the only factor in getting good signal. Quite often signal has hiccups, goes choppy on other providers when I visit my friend's or family's houses. In fact, most of my friends that see U-verse on my TV claim they can't wait until u-verse is available to them. The only friends that don't compliment u-verse are the ones with DirecTV.

We had the same exchange in another threat, you admitted you had not had cable for over 2 years.

Did I also say that I live in a cave and have no family or friends? I don't think so. Perhaps if you read my post, I mentioned that I notice the difference at other peoples homes as well as others notice the difference at my home.

dolmar said: , things change you know like TWC in OC has 91 channels and you stated they had under 20 when you last had cable.
Yet, I mentioned nothing about that here. Since you bring it up... I do know that TWC does not have some of my favorite channels in HD. That matters.

dolmar said: While you think or believe cable picture quality in Orange County is worse than U-Verse the extremist who have multiple tv next to each, calibrate their tv's and maintain 2 different pay services like Dish Network or Direct Tv and Cable or Fios or U-Verse in addition to Over the air antenna completely disagree with you.
That is irrelevant. For the normal user, in my experience in the real world, people are happier with u-verse than with cable. The fact that you can't accept the possibility that cable is worse, probably makes you an extremist as well. The general consensus from the people I know is that DirecTV > U-verse > Cable. I know a lot of people.

dolmar said: I have seen some posts from people in Irvine and Anaheim who disagree with you.
10 out of 10 houses in Irvine that I have been to in the last year have Cox. I have noticed lots of hickups (goes blocky for a few seconds and sound cuts). Many people are so used to it that they ignore it, and since it happens so quickly it doesn't bother them much.

dolmar said: All those exemists who have tried U-Verse say it is junk compared to Dish or their local cable and they prefer to have less HD channels which are higher quality. We are not talking about 1 post from these type people but their are at least 100's posts to the same effect between avsforum and Highdefforum.
Still irrelevant. Doesn't seem to be the case for many normal people.
Up close, you might notice more compression on U-Verse, but most of us don't sit 2 feet away from our TV. The other crappy signal annoyances also = bad picture quality IMO. Choppy HD is unacceptable. frequent random hiccups are unacceptable.

dolmar said: They basically state from all the TV services out their in general U-Verse has by far the worst picture quality in general except for a few small rural analog only cable companies. These same people have compared U-Verse to both Direct Tv and Dish Network, I have never seen anyone claim U-Verse picture quality is better as matter of fact every post I have ever read, even the ones on ATT Utalk forum which if the official ATT support forum for U-Verse biggest complaint is poor picture quality compared to their old service be it cable or sat and the only reason most people are willing to put up with it is because U-Verse is much cheaper than their local cable or Sat option but lately many posts on Utalk are even complaining about the fact their local cable companies are now running promo's which are even cheaper than U-Verse bundles that include free DVR'S in response to U-Verse roll out and total DVR.
I've also seen many reviews that contradicty your statements when comparing u-verse to cable. My point is, you shouldn't go parading around like it is a fact when many times it isn't.

dolmar said:

Good luck on that pipe dream and don't hold you breath unless you are in Texas which so far is only state which allows local telco's to cross sale into each other territory and that is limited to 1 trail area outside of Austin currently in Texas and they can only sell TV and Internet service and not telephone. And except for a few larger planned communities in Austin who agreed to go all ATT or Verizon neither telco has started to sell TV/Internet outside of their own territory.

I'm in North Dallas and had FIOS until we moved. It was supposed to be here (new house) 4Q2009 but apparently our town is a PITA to work with, so Verizon is throwing in the towel for at least a year. :/ I miss it, the DVR sucked but the internet speeds were awesome.

Anyone know how long the installation will take?

I'm reading anywhere from 45 mins to entire day. What exactly do they do?

I just actually want the internet, but will be ordering both internet + tv to get discount (and just cancel tv. heck I'll prob tell the installer to not even install it).

I'm also wondering how fast 18 mb really is. Is it really 18mb? I get att dsl at 6mb and it really it close to 6mb. Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks.

is there a link to the 350 back for your offer? I'm not seeing anything like that on the att pages I've viewed.
Thanks!
simsk

Also wondering how to get such a good offer OP...

It expired on Jan. 6. I got it, but didn't realize I could also get FatCash!

AT&T has been extending the offer week to week. The last I saw was that you had to order service by yesterday to get the up to $400. I ordered mine on December 31 (which was the expiration date at that time) and then saw the date extended twice. I qualified for FatCash and $350 in cash cards. I had to drop the AT&T VOIP (Callvantage?) because our alarm company still requires a landline (or more $ for equipment and monitoring).

this offer is on and off all the time. we got the $300 plus $25 GC almost 2 years ago. the service must vary from place to place. my neighbor has comcrap and another has dish and the uverse blows both away. I have U200, with 2 boxes. main box in livingroom and smaller box in bedroom. DVR and HD services. with internet Elite 6 Mbps for $101 a month

I ordered just before the expiration. I ordered the triple play bundle and qualified for the $400 and some really nice FatCash. With all of my channel upgrades it still costs less than comcast. I am having it installed Saturday. I will update with how the change in all the services are in my area, northeastern Illinois.
I received a mailer today for a $200 promotion card with online ordering for just uverse tv service, att.com/uverse4844.

so if i'm watching two 1080i broadcasts, AND recording 2 broadcasts at 1080i, what download speeds are you guys seeing? 22meg? 50meg? and what upstream speeds?

Skipping 22 Messages...
Does anyone know if there are any specific Uverse Coupon Codes presently. I know there are sites like RicksCouponPicks which are offering direct uverse savings of $300 but I cannot find any specific Att coupon Codes for accessory or additional savings.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014