• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Cohens Fashion Optical - $20 Eye Exam in NY, $29 in NJ, PA, CT, MA, FL, & PR.

coupon link

You can make an appointment online.

Contact fitting extra.

Expires 1/31/10.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Take my advice: last year when they had this coupon my wife and I got the exam at cohens and it was terrible!

It seemed like I was the first patient the doctor ever had, as he seemed to have no clue what he was doing. The eye doctor altered each of our prescriptions in the most slightest way. I think this was just a scam to get us to buy glasses. then cohens wouldn't give us a copy of our prescriptions to fill elsewhere! I threatened them that i would be contacting the attorney general and the media and after about a half hour, we finally got our prescriptions.

Afterwards, for various reasons i'd rather not go into, I took my wife to one of the top eye specialists (Mike Meyers aka Austin Powers, uses him) and he didn't concur with the prescription that the cheap doctor gave her.

That being said, for regular eye exams, I go to an eye doctor from lenscrafters that does a wonderful job and with a AAA discount, costs me $50 a visit. Hope this helps you before you get scammed like me.

Sometimes JCPenney Optical store has 29.99 exams . Service is great

crazypalooza said: That being said, for regular eye exams, I go to an eye doctor from lenscrafters that does a wonderful job and with a AAA discount, costs me $50 a visit. Hope this helps you before you get scammed like me.I'm hoping your experience was an isolated incident. I don't have vision insurance, so I'm looking for the best value. I doubt that Lenscrafters has a higher level of quality screening of opticians than Cohens does, so I think it's more of a hit-or-miss issue.

brian: I hope it was an isolated incident as well, however last year i googled them and found lots of other dissatisfied customers posting on boards. Regarding lenscrafters, it could be hit or miss as well, and the opticians are a private practice and a seperate entity from lenscrafters glasses dept.

Thumbs down for Cohens. I had to make multiple trips because they couldn't get my prescription for glasses right. The first two times, my prescription was extremely overpowered. They told me it'd take some getting used to, but the headaches I got from wearing them were too much too handle. When I went back and complained, they gave me an underpowered prescription. Sure, the headaches were gone but I couldn't see diddly squat. I saw two different opticians and they still could not get it right. I gave up, went to Costco and had my exam done there. It worked out perfectly.

BrianGa said: crazypalooza said: That being said, for regular eye exams, I go to an eye doctor from lenscrafters that does a wonderful job and with a AAA discount, costs me $50 a visit. Hope this helps you before you get scammed like me.I'm hoping your experience was an isolated incident. I don't have vision insurance, so I'm looking for the best value. I doubt that Lenscrafters has a higher level of quality screening of opticians than Cohens does, so I think it's more of a hit-or-miss issue.

Well, don't kid yourself on that one. I've been to Lenscrafters several times before for annual exams and never had a problem.

nyniko said: Thumbs down for Cohens. I had to make multiple trips because they couldn't get my prescription for glasses right. The first two times, my prescription was extremely overpowered. They told me it'd take some getting used to, but the headaches I got from wearing them were too much too handle. When I went back and complained, they gave me an underpowered prescription. Sure, the headaches were gone but I couldn't see diddly squat. I saw two different opticians and they still could not get it right. I gave up, went to Costco and had my exam done there. It worked out perfectly.

This happened to me the first time I went to pearle vision. It's almost like they don't know what they're doing over there. Up until then I always got my eye glasses in chinatown and had no problems whatsoever with regards to my prescription.

Not sure if it's the same in all of Chinatown.. but this one place on bowery St offers free eye exams.. Never paid for one in my life



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014