Free Google Voice Phones calls to Haiti

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

To help US families reach relatives in Haiti, for the next two weeks, Google Voice is offering free calls to Haiti.
If you don't have a Google Voice account, you can request an invitation at www.google.com/voice.

Please take a moment to remember that we are very lucky individuals and we get to browse FW and find deals...others are trying to find their relatives.

The following organizations are accepting SMS donations in the US only:
SMS text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross relief efforts
SMS text “YELE” to 501501 to Donate $5 to Yele Haiti’s Earthquake Relief efforts
SMS text "GIVE10" to 20222 to donate $10 to Direct Relief

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Who you gonna call in Haiti lol.

This is lame, USA needs to just let these other countries suffer. Im tired of my tax do... (more)

kreon360 (Jan. 27, 2010 @ 7:03a) |

When you call, make sure you say: "Hey dude.. what's shakin?"

doubletake (Jan. 27, 2010 @ 7:35a) |

About $300 million in cash and goods has been donated? Still no phone service?

frankjr (Jan. 27, 2010 @ 7:58a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

very true.

well done.

OMG not another Haiti thread...

patricck said: OMG not another Haiti thread...

You must not know the Earth revolves around the Sun rather than you.

I got a Google Voice invitation if anyone wants. GONE

Would you please send me a google invitation to bton4753@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot

Thanks OP....

My donation (son) is on stand by at fort Bragg
I have been paid not a thing even with both of his tours in Afghanistan
Serving was his choice and I support that.

While I appreciate your willing to serve our country, please don't call it a donation as you are paid for your services. I hope you don't think that being in the Military is a reason or excuse not to donate monitary funds to the cause.

Good find OP.

Thank you so much Alexlook

fas

Anyone else try to text the donate number from their gvoice number?

fyi, you cant send shortcode SMS' via GV, like the ones listed in the OP

i am so gonna make prank calls to haiti now

can't you sent me a Google voice invitation please

I live in Belgium and will be really simpatic to make follow this invitation

thank you very much

Hello
I live in Belgium and it will be really simpatic to make follow this invitation
thank you very much

I have a couple Google Voice invites. First two people to private message me their email addresses get them.

the link is wrong you included a period "." good post though

I would like a google voice invite if anyone has one to spare (I'm the OP). Thanks.

nhenny2005 said: Link

To help US families reach relatives in Haiti, for the next two weeks, Google Voice is offering free calls to Haiti.
If you don't have a Google Voice account, you can request an invitation at www.google.com/voice.

Please take a moment to remember that we are very lucky individuals and we get to browse FW and find deals...others are trying to find their relatives.

damn you. green for making me feel human with that little excerpt.

Most phones in Haiti are pbly still down, I hope that this is not a cheap publicity stunt by google

I need gizmo account. I hope they open it up

In desperate need to contact my family in haiti. serene2828@yahoo.com. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In desperate need to contact my family in haiti. serene2828@yahoo.com. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just emailed the first two people who requested a Google Voice Invite asking if they still need one or if they have already found one in which case I will pass the invite on to the next person. Sorry for the delay

Please send me an invite if you have one. possiblepasts@gmail.com. Thanks!

Who you gonna call in Haiti lol.

This is lame, USA needs to just let these other countries suffer. Im tired of my tax dollars going to the greedy corps for bail outs and giving it away to the needy. They wouldn't help us so F em. We just put ourselves further in debt..

BabersWallet said: i am so gonna make prank calls to haiti now

When you call, make sure you say: "Hey dude.. what's shakin?"

About $300 million in cash and goods has been donated? Still no phone service?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014