• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
There's an old thread on Straight Talk, but they've added to their service and I think their current unlimited plan deserves a thread of it's own. You can purchase phones and service on their site or at WalMart. In addition to the $45 plan, they have 1000 mins talk, 1000 text and 30mb web for $30. I personally think Page Plus has a better $30 deal (1200/1200/50mb), but their $45 unlimited plan is an amazing price. I've been paying over $100/mth on ATT for 450 minutes, 1500 texts and unlimited web. I have looked at all the available plans out there (that I can use in my area) and I feel this is by far the best price for unlimited talk/text/web.
Text

Member Summary
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/929528
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Both plans discussed here

FYI Straighttalk it Verizon. I have been on the $45 plan for 2 months and love it. Was with ATT for over 12 years and the cost kept going up and the dropped calls happened daily. I haven't had one dropped call in 2 months with Straighttalk. Im happy with them.

What does everyone think about StraightTalk phones ....which one is the best? I would like to debrand and unlock my SonyEricsson and maybe use it with this plan ...if it is at all possible. If anyone knows how I can do this please let me know, reply or PM.

~J

My wife has the unlimited plan. Way cheaper then US cellular plan that we had. The phone choices suck though. I wish they had the Droid on this.

Juhsga said: What does everyone think about StraightTalk phones ....which one is the best? I would like to debrand and unlock my SonyEricsson and maybe use it with this plan ...if it is at all possible. If anyone knows how I can do this please let me know, reply or PM.

~J

Nope won't work. Have to use their phones only. And it's CDMA service, not GSM.

And I agree with user0001, already discussed in detail in the old thread, nothing new to see here.

Why not go with Page Plus unlimited for $39.95? Also uses Verizon network

maynard7 said: Why not go with Page Plus unlimited for $39.95? Also uses Verizon network
unlimited web

arribasn said: maynard7 said: Why not go with Page Plus unlimited for $39.95? Also uses Verizon network
unlimited web

BUT can bring any CDMA phone with you to the plan, so if data isn't a concern, Page Plus is a really good deal

So you know with straight talk you do not have call waiting, 3way calling etc.
Also their phones are locked, they cannot be updated...Java is disabled so you can't play games download anything and also you can't get facebook to load on it.

Straight Talk does indeed have Call-Waiting, Caller ID, Voice-Mail, and Call Forwarding. To use Call-Forwarding you dial*724105551212 (example) To deactivate it you simply dial *73. I've been using Straight Talk with the Samsung R451 for the past six weeks, and have had no trouble with those four calling features. They do NOT however support Three-Way Calling. Although the packaging clearly states that they do. If you try to initiate a 3way call by dialing the second number while you are still on the call with your 1st caller, then hit the send key,(as instructed in the manual)you immediately get a recording from Verizon Wireless stating that your service does not allow you to complete this call. It then after about 5-6 seconds switches you back to your original call in progress.

I'm interested in this, but have a question. The in-laws live in Central KY. I can not find out if the phone will work there. I know when I plug in that zip code for new service, it says if I lived there, I could get service. But can I get service if I am traveling to the area? We do alot of traveling and I am worried about service. It seems we spend our life on I 75. It looks like most interstate highways are covered. I know on the Cricket website you can enter a specific address to see if you would have service. I was hoping Staright Talk would have the same.

davery5872 said: I'm interested in this, but have a question. The in-laws live in Central KY. I can not find out if the phone will work there. I know when I plug in that zip code for new service, it says if I lived there, I could get service. But can I get service if I am traveling to the area? We do alot of traveling and I am worried about service. It seems we spend our life on I 75. It looks like most interstate highways are covered. I know on the Cricket website you can enter a specific address to see if you would have service. I was hoping Staright Talk would have the same.1) Go to Verizon coverage map
2) Under Select Coverage Type -> choose "Prepaid"
3) Click "Refresh Map"

Straight Talk coverage = Verizon prepaid (non-roaming) coverage

It comes up as roaming. I guess we go with Cricket. It appears to have non-roaming access in central KY.

I bought a used straight talk phone to replace one that my hubby broke. when i try to transfer the number, I am told the old phone is not deactivated and there is no way for me to find the seller of the phone to have them offically deactivate it. Anyone know how to do it? Are there codes or numbers to call? The customer service people have been no help as they speak very broken english and don't understand what i am saying to them!!!

user0001 said: Both plans discussed here
But it doesn't say that in the title! So searching on unlimited won't find it!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014