• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
IMPORTANT EDIT: OfficeMax not acceptable for rebate. PM to OD or Staples only to get free after rebate. Use coupon if they allow it. Correct UPC is 040689010013 for rebate.

Office Max has Peachtree Complete (21900748) for $99.99 (Jan 24-30)

PM to OD or Staples and send for Competitor rebate.

Requires an image of QuickBooks for rebate. A lot of us have a SimpleStart lying around from one deal or another.

These go for better money on eBay than the Pro Accounting.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just wanted to thank the OP for this post. It was very timely since my son is starting up his business. I actually am ... (more)

jordge (Feb. 02, 2010 @ 8:12a) |

I went against the grain and bought it from OM. Filed the rebate and it was rejected. I called but no success. Totally m... (more)

judicska (Feb. 11, 2010 @ 2:51p) |

I also went against the grain but had smooth processing, my rebate was NOT rejected and it's scheduled for final process... (more)

romanntiko (Feb. 17, 2010 @ 8:12a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great deal op if it flies, but isnt om, always excluded from the rebates?

Will Staples Price Match?

WishingOnAStar said: Will Staples Price Match?

They ought to. It's a straightforward deal. Might be safer that way then.

crazypalooza - Hadn't thought about that. Nothing on the form. I did this at OD awhile back and had no trouble with the rebate but I know that wasn't your question.

EDIT: By the way on my OD deal I got the upgrade rebate without having to register.

there is nothing for OM exclusion on the form...

May give it a try

azygous said: there is nothing for OM exclusion on the form...

May give it a try

OM official policy is not to participate in any rebates. go for the pm to Staples.

Dell has this for $95
Coupon code for 10% (1SC0KPSK$BN10J) cuts it to $85.50.
Make $15 (minus tax) on the rebate?

Who even uses Peachtree anymore?

LawrenceofArabia said: Who even uses Peachtree anymore?

I don't. I usually do the peachtree rebates from Staples to make some quick cash.

I called Parago.

They claim you can buy the software anywhere. I find that hard to believe, but that's what they said.

edit: Read wishing on a star's post below. Take home message: different stores have different UPC numbers, so you need to make sure that the place you buy from has the correct UPC number.

wingz said: Dell has this for $95

Is that a regular boxed product with UPC? They show the same item for $299.99 with a different part number.

wingz said: Dell has this for $95

The one for $95 at Dell is some specific Dell version that probably has a different UPC and would not work for the rebate. Description says "Peachtree Complete Accounting 2010 - Dell Only". Note that they also sell Peachtree Complete Accounting 2010 (without the "Dell Only" language) for $299.99. I'd wager that one has the correct UPC for this rebate.

Peachtree often gives away their software through coupons. They are VERY slow sending the rebate and lose them frequently, so keep your copies. And then, be prepared for the barrage of e-mails from Peachtree as they are constantly "upgrading" the software and want to be paid for the upgrades. I believe that they will also sell your e-mail address to really get a bunch of useless junk in your inbox.

BEWARE OF REBATE

I have been a Peachtree Pro user since version 2002. I've upgraded four times using these FAR deals from either Staples or Office Depot and got three of them back with no problem. My latest upgrade purchase was in Oct. 2009. I registered the software and sent in the UPC and even made copies of everything before I sent it (I didn't get proof of delivery though). This month, after not receiving anything, I called the number on the rebate form and was told 1) the offer was expired (no kidding?), and 2)that they had no record of receiving my rebate forms and that there was nothing they could do. That was a $165 rebate... GONE! I was not a happy camper.

MORAL:

Make a copy of EVERYTHING before you send it.
MORE IMPORTANTLY, get a Delivery Confirmation, or maybe even a Return Receipt.
And lastly, once you are notified of delivery, call them to make sure your rebate has been processed BEFORE the offer expires.

crazypalooza said: OM official policy is not to participate in any rebates Which is exactly why OM sucks and specially with the new ink policy, it super sucks.

It might be a good idea to check the UPCs from the different stores. OM may have a UPC that is different than Staples or OD. I'm gonna check today and see if this is true. I'll report back. I just prefer Staples since if you call in your order to PM, you can also use a coupon on top of it. But Steveeb has a point, too. They lost my $165 rebate about the same time. Even had copies of everything and faxed it over. I still got nothing. So just beware of that. These FAR items are good for converting ink rewards into cash... if everything runs smoothly.

Don't forget: BCB @ 3% and ShopDiscover @ 5%

Can you price-match at Staples and apply a coupon? That way we can make some $ on the purchase. If so, then can Staples just price-match it to TigerDirect since it's $89.99 there?

Came back from the stores and they all have empty boxes that don't have UPCs. I had a coupon for OM anyway, so I just purchased from there. OM's UPC is 04069010044.

Moocher8 said: Can you price-match at Staples and apply a coupon? That way we can make some $ on the purchase. If so, then can Staples just price-match it to TigerDirect since it's $89.99 there?
I've done it before. I just do the order as usual, then call to PM after the coupon has applied. You could use a $30 off $150 that way.

grrr, double post

The one Officemax sells is part # PCW2010NRCSRT - UPC # 040689010044, which is not eligble for the upgrade rebate. I received a rejection from the rebate center the last time Officemax had it on sale a couple of months ago. I called the rebate center and tried to get it approved but they do not have it as one of the listed UPCs eligible for the upgrade rebate. The part # for the ones Staples and Office Depot sell is PCW2010CSRT - UPC 040689010013, which is eligible for the upgrade rebate. Confirmed.

aztej said: The one Officemax sells is part # PCW2010NRCSRT - UPC # 040689010044, which is not eligble for the upgrade rebate. I received a rejection from the rebate center the last time Officemax had it on sale a couple of months ago. I called the rebate center and tried to get it approved but they do not have it as one of the listed UPCs eligible for the upgrade rebate. The part # for the ones Staples and Office Depot sell is PCW2010CSRT - UPC 040689010013, which is eligible for the upgrade rebate. Confirmed.

OK, this looks like good info. I'd do a return if you bought from OM. When I bought from OD awhile back it was UPC 040689010013 as you stated. I was approved. I guess OM doesn't participate in rebates.

I'm editing my original post. Do PM to Staples or OD only unless someone can confirm same UPC at another store.

aztej said: The one Officemax sells is part # PCW2010NRCSRT - UPC # 040689010044, which is not eligble for the upgrade rebate. I received a rejection from the rebate center the last time Officemax had it on sale a couple of months ago. I called the rebate center and tried to get it approved but they do not have it as one of the listed UPCs eligible for the upgrade rebate. The part # for the ones Staples and Office Depot sell is PCW2010CSRT - UPC 040689010013, which is eligible for the upgrade rebate. Confirmed.

Okay I just called the rebate number on the form and they said there is nothing on their end that says it has to be purchased from a particular store etc.

romanntiko said: [
Okay I just called the rebate number on the form and they said there is nothing on their end that says it has to be purchased from a particular store etc.

Did you ask what UPC they will accept? They may take it from any store but it may still have to be the right UPC.

romanntiko said: aztej said: The one Officemax sells is part # PCW2010NRCSRT - UPC # 040689010044, which is not eligble for the upgrade rebate. I received a rejection from the rebate center the last time Officemax had it on sale a couple of months ago. I called the rebate center and tried to get it approved but they do not have it as one of the listed UPCs eligible for the upgrade rebate. The part # for the ones Staples and Office Depot sell is PCW2010CSRT - UPC 040689010013, which is eligible for the upgrade rebate. Confirmed.

The restriction is not on the place of purchase but on the UPC # eligible for the rebate. The Officemax store receipt shows the UPC # on the receipt as well.

Folks, just buy at Staples online and PM. Takes 2 minutes. It is straight forward.

Successful PM at Staples. OD refused as they said they don't PM to sale items.

Does Staples usually PM before or after a reward check is applied? I understand that some people are successful in applying a PM before coupon discount, though Staples policy specifically states that the PM is after coupon price.. Never tried price matching and would hate to lose a reward check.

expired said: Does Staples usually PM before or after a reward check is applied? I understand that some people are successful in applying a PM before coupon discount, though Staples policy specifically states that the PM is after coupon price.. Never tried price matching and would hate to lose a reward check.

I've PM'd then applied rewards check without a problem. If you do it on the phone, just get the PM first and then say you have a rewards check you want to apply.

WishingOnAStar said: Moocher8 said: Can you price-match at Staples and apply a coupon? That way we can make some $ on the purchase. If so, then can Staples just price-match it to TigerDirect since it's $89.99 there?
I've done it before. I just do the order as usual, then call to PM after the coupon has applied. You could use a $30 off $150 that way.

Are you suggesting this order:
Purchase @ Staples w/ $30 off $150 coupon, take software home, call Staples and ask for PM...?

This works for you? Seems to me like it opens the door for the excuse "cannot PM when another coupon/discount already applied" but I've never done it before, anyone with feedback...?

droppunx said: WishingOnAStar said: Moocher8 said: Can you price-match at Staples and apply a coupon? That way we can make some $ on the purchase. If so, then can Staples just price-match it to TigerDirect since it's $89.99 there?

Are you suggesting this order:
Purchase @ Staples w/ $30 off $150 coupon, take software home, call Staples and ask for PM...?

This works for you? Seems to me like it opens the door for the excuse "cannot PM when another coupon/discount already applied" but I've never done it before, anyone with feedback...?

Make the order online first. Use any coupons you may have, even add the FREE bag set coupon you normally find from a Staples catalog, use Staple's rewards, too. Complete the purchase as normal. Once you get a confirmation, call them up and tell them you found a better price elsewhere. They will match OM dollar for dollar and let you use any coupons that were used.

With many peachtree rebates in the past you were required to register the software.

Is that required in this case?

The rebate form just asks for serial number, not registration number.

They might give you a hard time but I don't see anywhere on the rebate form that it is only valid on any particular UPC.

One minor word of warning about Sage Software (peachtree makers):

I was new to the rebate scene years ago and used my real email address for the "rebate confirmation notification". They spam, then spam, then spam some more. Calling Sage will get you to a human who PROMISES to remove you from the list. No go, I received spam for at least 4 years after this rebate and 3 phone calls to humans at Sage software. Finally I had to set a sagesoftware.com and peachtree.com as blacklisted domains. This was easily the worst "legit" company sending spam I've ever run into.

This is probably common sense for seasoned FW folk, but just wanted to toss the warning in there for the newbie folk.

Happy Rebating!

Rebateshq will create problems as they at their end printout the checks.

Staples box says $100 upgrade rebate available. Better safe than losing $100.

Register your peachtree and get Customer# and registration# and include in the rebate form + UPC+S/N#+ receipt copy!
Preregister at rebateshq: http://www.rebateshq.com/promocenter/rebateshq/promo_detail.html?productId=4642010&bundleId=1475737
Make copies and be sure you have return receipt confirmation
Cross your fingers and hope that the idiots at peachtree/rebateshq will process it correctly!

IamN41 said: With many peachtree rebates in the past you were required to register the software.

Is that required in this case?

The rebate form just asks for serial number, not registration number.

I did this a month ago at OD. Rebate is approved with no registration. Just serial. I think it is different because it is an upgrade rebate.

Do you submit the original receipt for Staples, or the pricematched receipt?

Staples receipt with pricematch should suffice. Rebate processing all they are looking at(include everything when you mail it in):

1.Valid UPC
2.Copy of yr receipt that says Peachtree Complete Accounting 2010 purchased
3. CustomerID, registrationID, S/N#
4.Completed rebate form
5.Either copy of your QuickBooks CD or first page of the manual

Skipping 3 Messages...
judicska said: android2007 said: Rebateshq will create problems as they at their end printout the checks.

Staples box says $100 upgrade rebate available. Better safe than losing $100.

Register your peachtree and get Customer# and registration# and include in the rebate form + UPC+S/N#+ receipt copy!
Preregister at rebateshq: http://www.rebateshq.com/promocenter/rebateshq/promo_detail.html?productId=4642010&bundleId=1475737
Make copies and be sure you have return receipt confirmation
Cross your fingers and hope that the idiots at peachtree/rebateshq will process it correctly!

I went against the grain and bought it from OM. Filed the rebate and it was rejected. I called but no success. Totally my fault, you guys warned me.
The same day I have received a survey e-mail from Peachtree. I made sure they understood that I don't trust their company, their product or services if that's how they handle rebates and I would never purchase an other Peachtree product if this is not settled in a satisfactory manner.
A week later my rebate was validated.
Anybody else in the same boat?

I also went against the grain but had smooth processing, my rebate was NOT rejected and it's scheduled for final processing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014