• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Original site MustHaveBestDeal.com

Correction: The old post said that this deal was $3.94 but that was incorrect. The actual cost for this deal is $6.76 a box. Thanks to eviljim and e2moon for pointing this out.

Quick Guide:

• The product = ACUVUE® OASYS™ Brand with HYDRACLEAR® PLUS but can also be modified for other Acuvue lenses.
• 9% Cash Back by using BigCrumbs.com
• 15% off $49 on Acuvue Oasys Orders with coupon code SAVEONOASYS (expires 2/28/10) at CoastalContacts.
• No tax but there is a $10.84 Handling and Insurance fee
• Free shipping for a purchase of $99 or more at CoastalContacts
• 1% Cash Back for using my Chase Freedom Credit Card
• $75 mail in rebate for ACUVUE® OASYS™ Brand with HYDRACLEAR® PLUS from Acuvue.com (expires 6/30/10). Rebate on other Acuvue lenses very.

It looks like Bing has CoastalContacts at 6-12% CB, so it's a little unclear at what CB this purchase qualifies for. I did the math and IF Bing was to give the full 12% then it would cost $6.22 a box instead of $6.76 a box, a savings of $0.54. I don't know about you but I've had some bad experiences with Bing so I wouldn't mind paying the extra $0.54 to not deal with Bing.

There is a Discount Breakdown and a Detailed Guide at the original site.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't think the $25 off is legit. I placed an order and I did not get $25 instant off...

how was the ratings on this vendor? this is so much cheaper than 800contacts

also, where do i enter the coupon? i got up to entering my credit card info and didnt see an option for coupons

Yesterday I got a letter from Acuvue that my rebate ($30) is rejected. No reason has been specified. It only states the offer is no longer valid. I submitted the rebate in Dec2009. I have received rebates from Acuvue before. So just a heads up on the rebate.

Yup I could not find any place where I can put in the coupon code for 15% off on Acuvue brand.
OP any clues???

joinforum said: Yesterday I got a letter from Acuvue that my rebate ($30) is rejected. No reason has been specified. It only states the offer is no longer valid. I submitted the rebate in Dec2009. I have received rebates from Acuvue before. So just a heads up on the rebate.I sure hope you aren't giving up that easily.

sonalibendre said: Yup I could not find any place where I can put in the coupon code for 15% off on Acuvue brand.
OP any clues???
it is way on the bottom of page just right below where you put your email address.

anymoo, the $75 rebate is for new wearers only.

Anyone know how this price compares to Costco?

BrianGa said: joinforum said: Yesterday I got a letter from Acuvue that my rebate ($30) is rejected. No reason has been specified. It only states the offer is no longer valid. I submitted the rebate in Dec2009. I have received rebates from Acuvue before. So just a heads up on the rebate.I sure hope you aren't giving up that easily.

This is why I made copies of everything and sent it via certified mail. $3 is worth getting my $75. If they don't send it, I live within convenient walking distance from both the local library and superior court. I have no problem paying the $25 to file papers for small claims court to get them to pay me my $75 and the $25 court filing fee. It will give me something interesting to do for a Saturday morning.

I switched from VisionDirect to Coastal Contacts with my December annual order. Ordered 8 boxes, got a great deal ata low price. My perscription had changed slightly (+.25 in each eye) and the new lenses I ordered did not work. I should have insisted on a trial pair from my doctor and tried out the new persription before ordering, but oh well. Anyway, the Coastal company customer service was fabulous. They emailed me a postage paid lable to return the six unopened boxes, and placed an order for six replacement boxes quickly and with no additional cost to me.

Highly recommend.

YoungAmerican said: Anyone know how this price compares to Costco?
I just got 8 boxes from costco after acuvue's $25 rebate on 8 box purchase my total comes out to $125 with taxes. This is much better deal since total is $118 before any CashBack plus you can still send in the acuvue's $25 on top of all of that.

This deal should come out to be $118.37 - 8% FW CashBack ($9.47) - $25 MIR = $83.9 for 8 boxes ($10.50 per box).

edit:
My math is off as I counted the $25 acuvue rebate twice. I also looked at the wrong costco receipt; i quoted my glasses prices not the lenses. 8 boxes at costco right now comes out to little over $200. So this deal is smoking hot compared to costco.

I went ahead and ordered 8 boxes; you pay $143.37 and you then need to submit for the $25 acuvue rebate once you receive the boxes.
The correct math is $143.37 - 8% FW CashBack - $25 MIR = $106.90 ($13.36 per box).

Sorry for the confusion but hope this helps.

118 already includes the 25 rebate though. I was charged 143 (or something like that). The only instant discount is the coupon code.

I'm on my third order of Oasys from Coastal Contacts (I buy 8 boxes at a time, and with continuous wear that lasts me 6 months).

The price has always been MUCH cheaper than 800-Contacts, Costco, BJ's, etc.

Acuvue will accept Coastal Contacts for their rebates. Remember you need to have an eye exam and prescription within the last 90 days for the Acuvue rebate. It's in the fine print.

I don't know how or why they're so much cheaper than everyone else, but I've always been happy with the service, price, and product.

eviljim said: I don't think the $25 off is legit. I placed an order and I did not get $25 instant off...
If you select a quantity of 4 for the right eye and 4 for the left eye, a notice shows up that says "Your order qualifies for a $25.00 Acuvue Rebate!". And at the check out screen you will see that your order will be $118.37. If you go to the Original site under Detailed Guide: Step 8 you, will see a screen shot of the Order Summary for $118.37.

sonalibendre said: Yup I could not find any place where I can put in the coupon code for 15% off on Acuvue brand.
OP any clues???

In the screen where you input your Shipping Details, at the bottom it says "Have an Offer Code? Click Here" click it and enter the coupon code "SAVEONOASYS". This will get you the 15% off.

Elkingkong said: eviljim said: I don't think the $25 off is legit. I placed an order and I did not get $25 instant off...
If you select a quantity of 4 for the right eye and 4 for the left eye, a notice shows up that says "Your order qualifies for a $25.00 Acuvue Rebate!". And at the check out screen you will see that your order will be $118.37. If you go to the Original site under Detailed Guide: Step 8 you, will see a screen shot of the Order Summary for $118.37.

Yes, but there's absolutely nothing that makes it seem to me that it's an INSTANT rebate. The receipt I got makes it look as if I'm going to be charged as if it's a mail-in rebate.

Order Total: $143.37
Paid By: Visa

The $25 is probably a MAIL-IN rebate, one you'll have to qualify for by having had a recent eye exam. In addition, it will almost assuredly not be combinable with the $75 rebate (you won't have enough box tops).

[And my receipt did look exactly like the one in your example]

There's an error in the math on the
Original site http://www.musthavebestdeal.com/

the $118.37 is misleading. We actually paid Coastal $143.37.
Coastal puts $118 as the bottom line in red assuming you submit the $25 rebate. (but with ACUVUE® OASYS it's $75 rebate)

Thus;
$143.37 Total out of pocket to Coastal before applying other rebates
- 11.00 9% Cash Back from BigCrumbs.com, or 8% from fatwallet, 6-12% from bing, 8% from ebates
- 1.00 1% Cash Back from my Chase Freedom Visa
- 75.00 mail in rebate from Acuvue
-------
$56.00 Total for 8 boxes after all discounts
/ 8 bx divided by the number of boxes (8 boxes)
-------
$7.00 approx. per box including shipping

still a good deal $56 for 8 boxes.

e2moon said: There's an error in the math on the
Original site http://www.musthavebestdeal.com/

the $118.37 is misleading. We actually paid Coastal $143.37.
Coastal puts $118 as the bottom line in red assuming you submit the $25 rebate. (but with ACUVUE® OASYS it's $75 rebate)

Thus;
$143.37 Total out of pocket to Coastal before applying other rebates
- 11.00 9% Cash Back from BigCrumbs.com, or 8% from fatwallet, 6-12% from bing, 8% from ebates
- 1.00 1% Cash Back from my Chase Freedom Visa
- 75.00 mail in rebate from Acuvue
-------
$56.00 Total for 8 boxes after all discounts
/ 8 bx divided by the number of boxes (8 boxes)
-------
$7.00 approx. per box including shipping

still a good deal $56 for 8 boxes.

Also note that the $75 rebate is for new wearers only; otherwise, it's the $25 rebate.

eviljim and e2moon you are both correct, thank you.

I have corrected the math and updated this post. This deal should be $6.76 a box.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014