• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FREE FOOD With Freezer Purchase: Haier 5.3 cu ft @ HyVee $199 with $200 in free food!
Heads up for all that didn't get in on this last year and live around one of these stores. The same deal as last year is coming back. Just confirmed with local manager. He showed me the add but wouldn't let me take it with. I don't think there is an option of buying now, then returning and buying again with coupons either.

Ok I emailed my store. It is confirmed in Kansas City stores that the freezer will go on sale March 4-6 for $199 with $200 in coupons...

here is the exact email from them:

We will be selling the 5.3 cubic feet chest freezer starting on March 4th. The sale goes through the 6th. If you buy the freezer for $199 you receive $200 of coupons, mostly for completely free items. I hope this answers your question. Give me a call at 816-318-0400 if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the info boss13 & HappyLeesa

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
If you're dyslexic, do you get a free freezer with a food purchase?

BocaDogJr (Mar. 05, 2010 @ 2:01a) |

Thanks for posting this - I saw this post yesterday and went right out to get one! I live in a SE suburb of Kansas City... (more)

lleftwich (Mar. 06, 2010 @ 6:18a) |

I got mine!! Wooohooo

FREEisGood4Me (Mar. 06, 2010 @ 10:16a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

We did this deal years ago at Jewel and we literally filled the freezer with free, though mostly processed, food. Still have the freezer and it works great, or get the food and say hello to Craigslist. Great deal, No HyVee's here in Wisconsin, and I don't think I ever heard of the either.

Hy-Vee operates more than 220 retail stores in eight Midwestern states, including Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

http://www.hy-vee.com/stores/

Butcherboy said: FREE FOOD With Freezer Purchase: Haier 5.3 cu ft @ HyVee $199 with $200 in free food!
Heads up for all that didn't get in on this last year and live around one of these stores. The same deal as last year is coming back. Just confirmed with local manager. He showed me the add but wouldn't let me take it with. I don't think there is an option of buying now, then returning and buying again with coupons either.

thanks boss13

When is this? The closest HyVee to me is an hour away, might be worth the drive. Do all HyVees participate?

Yes, when is this? And how does the offer work? More details please....

I saw the ad last year, but already have a deep freeze. You buy the freezer and get a book full of coupons for free food. The stuff you get is stuff I would normally eat or at least would try. I remember frozen entrees, hashbrowns, pizzas, ice cream to name some of what you get. It looked like a decent little freezer that wouldn't eat too much space.
Good luck.

More details please....

Not to go off topic but last year it was reported that the power efficiency for these units was extremely poor. Someone suggested modding it to use as a fridge instead of freezer ?

skrappiedew said: I saw the ad last year, but already have a deep freeze. You buy the freezer and get a book full of coupons for free food. The stuff you get is stuff I would normally eat or at least would try. I remember frozen entrees, hashbrowns, pizzas, ice cream to name some of what you get. It looked like a decent little freezer that wouldn't eat too much space.
Good luck.

Might be worth buying it to sell the freezer on Craigslist. The food at Hyvee is a bit more than Wally World...but depending on how much you made on the freezer it might be worth it.

Hy-Vee's one store in WI is in Madison. They run exceptionally clean stores with pricing in my book that is pretty fair.

imtartcherry said: More details please....Consumer Reports found that some Haier freezers would let the temperature rise to 40F. Oddly, none of the GE brand freezers built by Haier had this problem.

Question for those that have done this deal in the past. Specifically from HyVee. When you purchase the freezer, do you pick it up then or is it shipped to you?

kdbrich said:
Might be worth buying it to sell the freezer on Craigslist. The food at Hyvee is a bit more than Wally World...but depending on how much you made on the freezer it might be worth it.

The Hy-Vees in my area are like most of the grocery stores. They have better prices on some things than Wally World and Wally World has better prices on other things.

There's no one store with consistantly lower prices on everything.

Hy-Vee is however, well organized, clean and actually has employees in the stores who are easy to find if you have a question and who are ususally more than happy to help you with whatever you ask.

Last year when I saw this deal in the store I believe the freezer were there for you to pick up.

Sonnamast said: We did this deal years ago at Jewel and we literally filled the freezer with free, though mostly processed, food. Still have the freezer and it works great, or get the food and say hello to Craigslist. Great deal, No HyVee's here in Wisconsin, and I don't think I ever heard of the either.

HyVee opened on the east side last year.

When does this deal start? Someone put up a link, please.

Shop HyVee, where there's a friendly smile in every aisle.

flyboy said: kdbrich said:

The Hy-Vees in my area are like most of the grocery stores. They have better prices on some things than Wally World and Wally World has better prices on other things.

There's no one store with consistantly lower prices on everything.

Hy-Vee is however, well organized, clean and actually has employees in the stores who are easy to find if you have a question and who are ususally more than happy to help you with whatever you ask.

Last year when I saw this deal in the store I believe the freezer were there for you to pick up.

Actually that is not true. If you have an AD Wal-Mart will price match every competitor including food items. At least that is the policy in my area.

I bought one of these freezers on BF at a local merchant. It is perfect for our small family. Have not had any problems with it.

isobro said: Sonnamast said: We did this deal years ago at Jewel and we literally filled the freezer with free, though mostly processed, food. Still have the freezer and it works great, or get the food and say hello to Craigslist. Great deal, No HyVee's here in Wisconsin, and I don't think I ever heard of the either.

HyVee opened on the east side last year.

The "East side" of Wisconsin would be Milwaukee. I'm assuming the HyVee you're referring to is on the East side of Madison.

When does this deal start? Finish?

Ok I emailed my store. It is confirmed in Kansas City stores that the freezer will go on sale March 4-6 for $199 with $200 in coupons...

here is the exact email from them:

We will be selling the 5.3 cubic feet chest freezer starting on March 4th. The sale goes through the 6th. If you buy the freezer for $199 you receive $200 of coupons, mostly for completely free items. I hope this answers your question. Give me a call at 816-318-0400 if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the info HappyLeesa

How does this work? Buy freezer, then what?

foche911 said: How does this work? Buy freezer, then what?

We will be selling the 5.3 cubic feet chest freezer starting on March 4th. The sale goes through the 6th. If you buy the freezer for $199 you receive $200 of coupons, mostly for completely free items

Darn, just moved so this would be handy. Too bad there aren't any in California. Would this be worth the drive to pick it up?

I'm driving an hour to get one next weekend! LOL I am HappyLeesa and I emailed back to see if the store manager would send me a list of coupons that will be included...I will post if she emails me back with a list. I also asked her if they would only have a few or if they would be well stocked. I'll keep you updated if I get any new info.

What kind of food comes in this deal? Any quality or not? Does one just take list thru store picking up items? I wonder if it is simple or involves some hassle and if good food or not?

Ok here is all theinfo I could get....It seems there isn't a list, they are just giving some of the items:

Here is a preview of some of the coupons for the Freezer promotion: Tony's Original Pizza Free, DiLusso Deli Meats ˝ lb Free, Wonder Classic White Bread Free, Post Cereal Free, Edy’s Ice Cream Free, Kraft Cool Whip Free and more.

It is also reported that there are 3 free redbox rentals, 2 liter pepsi

Ad

This will definitely depend on the coupons. I do all my grocery shopping at Hy-Vee. WalMart is cheaper on most things but it's not worth the hassle. Hy-Vee is clean, has friendly staff and has more than 3 lanes open when it gets busy.

Thanks OP. I will be all over this deal if the coupons are worth it.

Also, Here's the ad from the facebook page:
Hy-Vee Promo

Edit: A couple more possible coupons:

5 pound bag of Tyson chicken strips - Free
$5 off any Blue Ribbon Meat Purchase - Don't believe there's a minimum purchase.

Bought ours today. They had about 30 or so there. When checking out the manager and cashier were talking to each other how 1 planned to buy one and the other got in on the offer the first time and was contemplating getting a second one. It wasn't a sales tactic as I was already checking out. It looks nice and was more space than I expected for 5.3 cu FT. Has wheels as well. Most of the coupons expire 4/31 so you'll have to get stuff soon.

Here is what I received in the coupon packet when we bought the freezer, if there is a quantity it is in front, everything is free unless otherwise listed:

$15.00 Hy-Vee Giftcard

3 redbox rentals
ziploc freezer bags
1 lb klements bratwurst
mr Dell's frozen potatos
64oz 8th continent soy milk
Mrs. T's Perogies
1 pkg Jones Sausage
old orchard frozen concentrate
$5.00 off fast fixing or fast classics product (chicken breasts or tenders)
1 pkg johnsonvill breakfast meats
healthy choice meal
asian sensations product
tonys origional crust pizza
2 sunbelt granola bar packages
wonderbread
tombstone pizza
digiorno or california pizza kitchen
post cereal
2pkg hefty freezer bags
3 michelina's lean gourmet, budget gourmet
klondike bars
Edy's ice cream 48 oz
4.5 qt hyvee ice cream pail
cool whip
hungry man dinner
2 welch's frozen coctails and blends
2 grand selection frozen vegetables
3 hyvee apple juice of grape coctail concentrate
48oz kemps premium icecream
snickers twix or m&m ice cream treats
hyvee cheese sticks, cream chease jalapeno or cheese bites
kraft bagelfuls
rich's sea pack shrimp
2 hyvee 2lb bread dough
farmrich mozzarella sticks
birds eye blends
1 pkg hyvee potato patties
coffeemate flavored creamer
dannon activia
3 snickers bars
1 bg nestle funsize candy bars
3 handi foil basics
2 3pk 3m sponge
8 oz land o frost deli meat
8 oz di lusso delimeat
5lb bag tyson tenders
3 pepsi product 2liters
hyvee soup dujour
hyvee veggie dip
fully cooked hormel bacon
2 tennessee pride roll sausage
tony's snakcs or larry's potatos
7oz rostello deli meat

Not as free:

BOGO blue bunny frozen yogurt
BOGO weight watchers frozen novelty
Save $3.00 on 1 spice islands product or 4 tones product (spices)

If you're dyslexic, do you get a free freezer with a food purchase?

Thanks for posting this - I saw this post yesterday and went right out to get one! I live in a SE suburb of Kansas City and the closest store to me (we have two in our town) had about 8 left. I don't know how many they had to begin with. The coupons I received were very similar to the list posted above.

The freezer is a good size - it fit perfectly in our pantry which means it is a lot more convenient to use than our bigger deep freeze out in the garage. It does have small wheels on the bottom which make it easy to maneuver - I know it says above that the freezer is on wheels, but for some reason I was thinking bigger wheels like you would see on a cooler, so if you don't see the wheels on the display model, be assured they are there!

All in all, I think this was a great deal and thought I'd give the post a bump for all of you Saturday shoppers since the deal ends today.

I got mine!! Wooohooo

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014