• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Nothing but good things to say about this company. Decent pricing and fast, friendly customer service. Also, I've call... (more)

DoobieWah (Mar. 09, 2010 @ 9:01a) |

SquareTrade CSRs have been telling me that I cannot buy a Squaretrade warranty directly from squaretrade.com for items I... (more)

WatFallet (May. 02, 2010 @ 11:33a) |

Has anyone else experience this --"they deduct the cost of service if the item is repaired, from the overall value of yo... (more)

noworries (May. 14, 2010 @ 10:14a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

I bought one for my new laptop a few days ago, much cheaper than going to their website and hunting down coupons.

Did they change anything? You've been able to get squaretrade warranties since at least october on Amazon, maybe longer. And they've always been discounted pretty heavily.

I bought one about 2 weeks ago for my new TV directly through Square Trade's website for much cheaper than Amazon's prices - since you can't use their coupons on Amazon.

SquareTrade Warranty no longer avalable in Main nor Wisconsin

Maine

TxAggieJen said: I bought one about 2 weeks ago for my new TV directly through Square Trade's website for much cheaper than Amazon's prices - since you can't use their coupons on Amazon.

For me it was ALOT cheaper going through Amazon , $50 vs $150-$90 @ SQTrade site (w/coupon) for my Samsung 42" Plasma (purchased at Sears) .


For those that have Samsung or Panasonic LCD , Plasma or LED tv's ; there are "brand specific" discounted SquareTrade 3yr warranties @ Amazon .

Has anyone actually used SquareTrade warranty service?? They sent me an email today from Amazon to take my latest purchase from the factory 1 year warranty to 3 additional years for $40 total.

Are they easy to work with? Are repairs or replacements from the factory or a SquareTrade guy in his garage?

liptonbrisk said: Did they change anything? You've been able to get squaretrade warranties since at least october on Amazon, maybe longer. And they've always been discounted pretty heavily.

I was thinking the same thing... this is nothing new.

If you look at TVs, its right under the TV instead of in the optional "you might want to buy this" section. Looks like someone got in good with the big A. Or is paying a lot of money to get listed more prominently.

fivetalents said: liptonbrisk said: Did they change anything? You've been able to get squaretrade warranties since at least october on Amazon, maybe longer. And they've always been discounted pretty heavily.

I was thinking the same thing... this is nothing new.


bought several on Amazon during nov and dec last year for about 50% off the square trade website price.

Can you purchase these for items you already have or does it have to be done in a certain period of time within purchase date?

Also does it start as soon as the original manufactures warranty expires or from the date of purchase?

You can buy it for items within a certain period, I think it was up to 60-90 days, but you'd have to check. The warranty period starts from the date of purchase, and at least for my TV, it's in-home service (fixed in 5 days or less or they pay for a replacement.)

The only real negative I saw (and I bought one anyway) is that they deduct the cost of service if the item is repaired, from the overall value of your coverage.

themew said: Has anyone actually used SquareTrade warranty service?? They sent me an email today from Amazon to take my latest purchase from the factory 1 year warranty to 3 additional years for $40 total.

Are they easy to work with? Are repairs or replacements from the factory or a SquareTrade guy in his garage?


I used them for my treo 800W which I accidentally stepped on just before a trip to Europe. They cashed it out almost immediately so I would be able to buy another one for my trip. I will use them forever!

One bad thing about this company/warranty is the warranty starts date of purchase not end date of MF warranty.
They won't do anything during MF warranty period, so if you buy 3 years warranty, it means you have 2 year extend warranty.

Can you buy coverage for a used item you have no original receipt for?

cardxs said: Can you buy coverage for a used item you have no original receipt for?

in order for them to run a profitable business I'm going to venture "No."

How good it this for i-phone ? I took one from AT&T the refeb 8gb 3g for $49 + $50 service tax. So if item can't be repaired then, they will return me only $49 ?

They says that "SquareTrade will fix the item or pay you the full replacement cost of the item."
Without service you should be paying in eBay around $400, so will they return $400 or $49 ?

cardxs said: Can you buy coverage for a used item you have no original receipt for?

You must register with them within 90 days of purchase I believe.

Have only good things to say about Square Trade. I bought an Acer CPU at Bbuy and one month out of Acer's warranty it died. Sent an email to SqTrade and in less than a week they refunded the purchase price. It was very simple. The did not try to do any troubleshooting at all. Just had to sign a form that I was honest. I've had many warranties with them over the years and this was the first time I used it. If I abuse it I'm sure it will be not so painless to make a claim. Btw, I didn't have to send the Acer to them. They're prices are excellent with excellent customer service. In fact they're so cheap that I warranty most of my pricey electronics just for the peace of mind.

Gotta have a receipt(new or used items) unless you buy it on eBay, then they will offer the warranty.

netphilic said: How good it this for i-phone ? I took one from AT&T the refeb 8gb 3g for $49 + $50 service tax. So if item can't be repaired then, they will return me only $49 ?

They says that "SquareTrade will fix the item or pay you the full replacement cost of the item."
Without service you should be paying in eBay around $400, so will they return $400 or $49 ?


I'm wondering the same thing. Did you ever find anything out?

For cell phone coverage, it looks like you may have to go to the website ... this is the only coverage I saw on Amazon.com and it did not include accidental coverage.

http://www.Amazon.com/SquareTrade-3-Year-Phone-Warranty-Below/dp/B001N87X9Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268143722&sr=1-1

Nothing but good things to say about this company. Decent pricing and fast, friendly customer service. Also, I've called when buying online from Amazon and the CSR has given me a better price over the phone than the one listed on Amazon...and better than their online price with a coupon, so it seems YMMV on the pricing depending on how you proceed. As all good FW people should, price comparisons seem to be the order of the day and have worked well for me with this company.

SquareTrade CSRs have been telling me that I cannot buy a Squaretrade warranty directly from squaretrade.com for items I purchased on Amazon.com. They claim I *must* buy the Squaretrade warranty from Amazon.com "because they are a reseller".

This seems bogus to me, but I have now had 2 CSRs tell me this. I don't see any such requirement in their Warranty Terms.

I want to buy the warranty directly from SquareTrade because I have a 50% off code so the net price is much less than if buy through Amazon.

EDIT: After another phone CSR talked to the "Amazon specialist", he confirmed what made sense all along -- that one can buy a warranty for an Amazon purchase directly through squaretrade.com

UPSGuy said: You can buy it for items within a certain period, I think it was up to 60-90 days, but you'd have to check. The warranty period starts from the date of purchase, and at least for my TV, it's in-home service (fixed in 5 days or less or they pay for a replacement.)

The only real negative I saw (and I bought one anyway) is that they deduct the cost of service if the item is repaired, from the overall value of your coverage.


Has anyone else experience this --"they deduct the cost of service if the item is repaired, from the overall value of your coverage." ---Hmm?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014