• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
REMEMBER : When you print the coupon PLEASE DO NOT close that window

hit back space 2 times & print the coupon again (with different UPC code).

This trick is good with any coupon printing.

It's good with Bricks and (I think) coupons.com ones. Doesn't work for some of the other systems.

The reload button will work as well, BTW

cant get printer to work. why do they make it so hard?

This coupon should be the same all around right? Can somebody please scan a PDF for us?

FYI... WEED KILLER / HERBICIDES CAUSES MALE FROGS TO TURN FEMALE.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/science/03/01/pesticide.study.frogs/
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/02/2834045.htm
http://www.globalchangeblog.com/2010/03/herbicide-exposure-causes-male-frogs-to-turn-into-female-frogs/

Please think twice about what chemical you use to get that green lawn.

I like my lawn to be green too.
But is it worth it?

Thanks for the coupon info!!

How good are Scott's versus generic (Ace Hardware)?

spidy08 said: This coupon should be the same all around right? Can somebody please scan a PDF for us?

Nope, they are all coded with unique serial numbers.

fwnice said: How good are Scott's versus generic (Ace Hardware)?

As long as the active ingredients (chemicals) are the same I see no reason they're any different.

Buying brand name fertilizer from a retailer is poor value.

Go to a farm store or ag co-op and you can get the same forumulations much much cheaper.

Also, don't use weed and feed unless your lawn is solid weeds. Just spot spray weeds.

seems like printer software does more that just printing coupon:
=======
http://www.coupons.com/corp/source/u_privacypolicy.asp?vf=y

"Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the Sites or open one of our HTML emails, we automatically record certain data using technology, including clear gifs or web beacons; cookies (discussed above); IP addresses; unique "device IDs" (similar to IP addresses); and log files. Automatically collected data includes coupon printing and redemption activity; web browser type; the website that referred you to us, the web pages you viewed on the Sites; and the dates and times that you visited the Sites.
=======

boredbuyer said: seems like printer software does more that just printing coupon:
=======

"Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the Sites or open one of our HTML emails, we automatically record certain data using technology, including clear gifs or web beacons; cookies (discussed above); IP addresses; unique "device IDs" (similar to IP addresses); and log files. Automatically collected data includes coupon printing and redemption activity; web browser type; the website that referred you to us, the web pages you viewed on the Sites; and the dates and times that you visited the Sites.
=======

Yes you are right it's not plain PDF/Jpeg printing ..........

You can print maximum for only TWO times from one PC.

Regarding printing multiple coupons: If you do a Windows system restore to a point before you installed the coupon printer, clear your cookies, and change your IP address, you can print multiple coupons.

Regarding Scotts vs. other brands: I have experimented with other brands and always end up coming back to Scotts. The main reason is that Scotts granules seem to dispense better in Scotts spreaders. Also, I've noticed that Scotts fertilizers provide a better "pop" when it comes to turning the grass really green and getting it to grow super thick. As far as price is concerned, I've found that Scotts fertilizers are VERY close in price to the no-name or house brands if bought on sale, especially if you can stack a coupon or rebate; moreover, the corner hardware store usually has Scotts, whereas the bargain brands usually require a drive to Home Depot, etc.

Just a note, they have the sta green fertilizer with crab grass control for 11 dollars at Lowes this week at least

boredbuyer said: seems like printer software does more that just printing coupon:
=======

=======

Yep, basically the same as just about all websites collect. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Prngr44 said: fwnice said: How good are Scott's versus generic (Ace Hardware)?

As long as the active ingredients (chemicals) are the same I see no reason they're any different.

I agree with JonesBeach,
I have used generic some years, and it just doesn't green up as nice and doesn't last as long. IMO it's worth the price of Scotts!
Last year, they had a $10 rebate at Lowe's, and I combined it with a $10 off $50. Nice deal. Maybe later this spring they will have a rebate again. Print extras (2 per computer, so I can print 6 at home) for buying the weed & feed in the middle of summer for those pesky dandelions, and another bag in the fall. Nice that they are good til 9/1/10

henny said: Also, don't use weed and feed unless your lawn is solid weeds. Just spot spray weeds.

i'm new at gardening. can u explain why weed and feed is not recommended? thanks.

gohdes said: Prngr44 said: fwnice said: How good are Scott's versus generic (Ace Hardware)?

I agree with JonesBeach,
I have used generic some years, and it just doesn't green up as nice and doesn't last as long. IMO it's worth the price of Scotts!
Last year, they had a $10 rebate at Lowe's, and I combined it with a $10 off $50. Nice deal. Maybe later this spring they will have a rebate again. Print extras (2 per computer, so I can print 6 at home) for buying the weed & feed in the middle of summer for those pesky dandelions, and another bag in the fall. Nice that they are good til 9/1/10

In my experience Scotts is "ok." I have never used off brands, but my favorite is Sta Green.

davidthefwer said: henny said: Also, don't use weed and feed unless your lawn is solid weeds. Just spot spray weeds.

i'm new at gardening. can u explain why weed and feed is not recommended? thanks.

Weed and feed requires that the grass and weeds be damp before the fertilizer is put down (so the granules can stick to the leaves of the weeds), and that you not get rain within a certain period of time (usually a couple days). With those criteria, there's a lot that can (and often does) go wrong such that the weeds don't end up getting killed. Moreover, you're needlessly spreading weed killer everywhere rather than only where it's required. That's why many people prefer a sprayed liquid weed killer -- either from a hose-end sprayer, from a spray tank, or from a trigger spray bottle. What's also nice about liquid weed killer is that you can keep going back over tough weeds every couple of days until you see them wilting. In the long run, you'll also save money with liquid weed killer -- weed and feed blends are relatively expensive compared to plain old straight fertilizer.

Scott's Lawn
Disclaimer
JonesBeach said: Regarding Scotts vs. other brands: I have experimented with other brands and always end up coming back to Scotts. The main reason is that Scotts granules seem to dispense better in Scotts spreaders. Also, I've noticed that Scotts fertilizers provide a better "pop" when it comes to turning the grass really green and getting it to grow super thick. As far as price is concerned, I've found that Scotts fertilizers are VERY close in price to the no-name or house brands if bought on sale, especially if you can stack a coupon or rebate; moreover, the corner hardware store usually has Scotts, whereas the bargain brands usually require a drive to Home Depot, etc.

Something else to consider - there are different mixes of Scott's lawn products. Several years ago, I did some advertising work with Scott's and was told that their "Lawn Pro" mix (sold at Ace in my area) is a better fertlizer than the regular mix (sold at Home Depot). I have experimented with both and found that claim to be true - see the attached satellite picture, right side, center. My neighbor to the North uses the regular mix and I use the "Lawn Pro" version. Several times, he has asked me why my lawn looks better than his when we both use Scott's. I tell him that my dirt must be better than his!

just put some of this down, and forget about your lawn maintenance. Seed Alternative

Thanks OP - got mine!

We're sorry, we don't support your browser (Firefox 3.5). I guess they think people with Linux don't have yards

Malwarebytes stopped the coupon printer software from installing saying it's a "Trogan Dropper", fwiw.

I think another reason scott's is successful because they put out products based on region and season, fine tuning a bit for the customers.

JaxFL said: just put some of this down, and forget about your lawn maintenance. Seed Alternative

Except that it's a perennial and up here we have this pesky thing called "Winter."

This is just for the lawn fertilizer

Thanks op.

henny said: Also, don't use weed and feed unless your lawn is solid weeds. Just spot spray weeds.

I totally agree with this statement. The trick to make sure you have done overseeding in the fall. You want to fight the weeds with excess grass and not with weed killers (trust me, i tried this for over 4 yrs with little success using weed and feed). Also remember to use fertilizer on a wet lawn. Makes a huge difference !

Like henny says above, i use spot spray to get rid of the weeds and it works great. So to recap, overseed, fertilize (on a wet lawn and hopefully with no rain forecast the following two days), spot spray to kill the weeds...does wonders to your lawn.

I have used Scottss as well as Ace. To be honest, i saw little difference between the two if you follow the directions while applying.

Edit : Having said that, if i see Scotts and Ace's (or other brands) about the same price, I will jump on Scotts.. (their grain size is much smaller and i do agree it is a bit more effective).

Last year, Scotts had great rebates as well (buy $50 worth and get $10 back or something like that). Combine the OP coupon with the rebate (assuming it will repeat again this year) and then Ace's own rebate program, i believe this could be a great deal.

This post is 3 days too late... I just bought 2 5,000sq ft bags and applied them to my lawn. Oh well, at least for the remainder of the season I will be able to use these coupons.

bigStax said: This post is 3 days too late... I just bought 2 5,000sq ft bags and applied them to my lawn. Oh well, at least for the remainder of the season I will be able to use these coupons.

You must either live in South FL or Cali, otherwise you are premature.

JaxFL said: bigStax said: This post is 3 days too late... I just bought 2 5,000sq ft bags and applied them to my lawn. Oh well, at least for the remainder of the season I will be able to use these coupons.

You must either live in South FL or Cali, otherwise you are premature.

Not necessarily -- there is plenty of growth activity underground this time of year with the grass.

Do these coupons only apply to Scotts Turf Builder (fertilizer only) product or can you use them on their weed & feed products (like Bonus S)?

Not willing to install a foreign .exe to my PC's just for a coupon. Asked coupons.com for another vehicle to get the coupons; we'll see if they respond.

Cheers,
John

Not using coupon printer to fill up my PC with spyware. Forget it.

DaCheeze said: Not using coupon printer to fill up my PC with spyware. Forget it.

I don't know what the spyware obsession is. If there's a definitive article somewhere on the web that discusses spyware from the coupon printer software, I think many would appreciate a link to it.

One way to avoid the issue is to set a system restore point, print the coupons, and then roll the clock back.

BTW the other benefit of doing sprayed weed killer instead of weed and feed is that then you can use a broadcast spreader instead of a drop spreader for your fertilizer. If you do weed and feed, you pretty much have to use a drop spreader because you don't want the weed killer going into your shrub and flower beds. With straight fertilier, you can pretty-much spread all you want into your flower and shrub beds and it doesn't make too much difference.

WTH? Sorry! You have already printed
this coupon the number of times allowed.

I haven't even printed it out before???

Does Costco accept this coupon?

LivninSC said: WTH? Sorry! You have already printed
this coupon the number of times allowed.

I haven't even printed it out before???

The promotion has reached the total number of coupons Scotts allowed to print.

Heyzeus said: Does Costco accept this coupon?

They do not take manufacturers coupons.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014