• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
i was reading AAA westways magazine and saw this deal

switch to Directv now and get over 150 All digital channels for $19.99/ month for 12 months the choice package.

Exclusive offer for AAA members: save $200 on top of Directv's nationally advertised offer

to receive this offer, you must become a new Directv customer by calling our dedicated AAA member line at

1-800-242-9114

Current choice package nationally advertised is $29.99

Linked

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This promotion worked great for me. You just need to supply the first 6 digits of the AAA Card. You get $200 in extra ... (more)

MitchFlorida (Jul. 20, 2010 @ 7:52a) |

Be careful! It's not just that you are hooked in to months 13-24 at DirecTV's standard (i.e., high) prices, but also wh... (more)

smainzer (Jul. 20, 2010 @ 8:28a) |

How to Redeem This Deal

To receive this offer, you must become a new DIRECTV customer by calling our dedicated AAA member... (more)

Butcherboy (Sep. 18, 2010 @ 5:59p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Tell me how to get the offer without having an AAA membership.

that's a 24 month contract? so you need to really blend the actual price ($49 or 59) with the promo price plus say new members only.

please fix your title dude.

19.99/month new customers for 12 out 24 months is not nearly as good as what it indicates up tharr

there are certain things that are never discussed - not even on these boards - like fight club.

its a 12 month contract..and it says new customer..please read before posting

"SYSTEM LEASE: Purchase of 24 consecutive months of any DIRECTV base programming package ($29.99/mo. or above) or qualifying international services bundle required."

All DirectTV / DishNetwork require a 24 month contract to allow you to take advantage of the 12-month savings.

And apparently, even though it's a 'contract', DirectTV can raise their prices whenever they want... Or, perhaps this is how they did it, at least for my parents, they enticed them to take a premium package for only $5 add'l a month for 4 months, then when it was time to cancel that 4-month special, they actually ended up returning to their original Choice plan for a much higher price than they originally had.

Thisiswhaticanafford said: And apparently, even though it's a 'contract', DirectTV can raise their prices whenever they want... Or, perhaps this is how they did it, at least for my parents, they enticed them to take a premium package for only $5 add'l a month for 4 months, then when it was time to cancel that 4-month special, they actually ended up returning to their original Choice plan for a much higher price than they originally had.

the promo ended, so of course it's going back to regular pricing. that's why you call and be NICE to the CSR and you can get a better deal than regular price when the promo is over.

Good luck to get the service cancelled once you are in their trap! DirecTV "renewed" my contract without even telling me.

mrredskin said: Thisiswhaticanafford said: And apparently, even though it's a 'contract', DirectTV can raise their prices whenever they want... Or, perhaps this is how they did it, at least for my parents, they enticed them to take a premium package for only $5 add'l a month for 4 months, then when it was time to cancel that 4-month special, they actually ended up returning to their original Choice plan for a much higher price than they originally had.

the promo ended, so of course it's going back to regular pricing. that's why you call and be NICE to the CSR and you can get a better deal than regular price when the promo is over.

How can you be NICE!? Take her for a movie?

hasu said: mrredskin said: Thisiswhaticanafford said: And apparently, even though it's a 'contract', DirectTV can raise their prices whenever they want... Or, perhaps this is how they did it, at least for my parents, they enticed them to take a premium package for only $5 add'l a month for 4 months, then when it was time to cancel that 4-month special, they actually ended up returning to their original Choice plan for a much higher price than they originally had.

assuming it's a female CSR you're talking to, sure. of course if you want to be a dik or smartarse to them, like the route you've probably chosen, you won't get any help from them.

Goto AAA.COM and try to find the first 6 digits on a sample card for your state or ask a friend in your state. DIRECTV won't ask for the full number but just the first 6 digits. AAA website has a picture of the sample card.

can someone confirm its a 12 month contract for equipment, and not 24 months? Hard to believe.....!

24 MONTHS

Here is a link to the offer.AAA.com/directv

It is confusing since they are mixing two offers together. The discount maybe for 20 months and then the remaining 4 months it maybe at the regular price of $59.

anyone know if there are any available discounts for AAA members who are already DirecTV subscribers?

some people start sceaming and shouting...you could say..you like directv they have good channels and really good picture quality..you are wondering if you could get a better deal or if there is anything to lower the monthly payment..
believe me you get every time a promo or something

if they cant do it you can always say thank you..call back and try it with manys reps..if it fails again call and ask for cancellation...

hasu said: mrredskin said: Thisiswhaticanafford said: And apparently, even though it's a 'contract', DirectTV can raise their prices whenever they want... Or, perhaps this is how they did it, at least for my parents, they enticed them to take a premium package for only $5 add'l a month for 4 months, then when it was time to cancel that 4-month special, they actually ended up returning to their original Choice plan for a much higher price than they originally had.

hasu said: Good luck to get the service cancelled once you are in their trap! DirecTV "renewed" my contract without even tellisong me.

thay cant renew a contract without your permission..if they did so and you can prove it..contact the FCC and file a claim

I called DirectV phone number and this is the details:

You get the Choice package for $29.99 + $5 for DVR + $10 for HD + $5 for each additional receiver if needed.
Then you fill a rebate form online or thru mail which gets you 12 $10 discount for the next 12 months.
After Twelve months the base price changes to $53.99 and you continue to get a $10 discount for ever.
A 24 months contract is required. Also a $21.00 Shipping & Handling Fee is charged at the begining.

nadertashakor said: I called DirectV phone number and this is the details:

You get the Choice package for $29.99 + $5 for DVR + $10 for HD + $5 for each additional receiver if needed.
Then you fill a rebate form online or thru mail which gets you 12 $10 discount for the next 12 months.
After Twelve months the base price changes to $53.99 and you continue to get a $10 discount.
A 24 months contract is required. Also a $21.00 Shipping & Handling Fee is charged at the begining.

The standard deal on the DTV website is $29.99 + $7 for DVR + $10 for HD = $46.99 after promotional discounts. The AAA deal adds up to $44.99 before the extra $10/mo promo. The total savings on this package is $12/mo. The savings should be the same across other packages. This is a pretty good deal. With Choice Xtra and above the HD DVR is free, but cost $99 with the standard Choice package. Overall this is a good deal. Thanks OP.

@nadertashakor - Does the $10/mo discount continue forever?

EDIT: After further thought this seems to be the same deal I was offered at Sam's Club the other weekend, except this is $2 cheaper on the DVR. The Sam's guy offered me an extra $10/mo off for 20 months on top of the new customer deal. That's why I'm curious how many months total we will receive the $10 discount.

The $10/month credit is for 20 months, the $24/month credit is for 12 months AR, and there's another $5/month AR after enrollment in the auto bill-pay/consent to emails from 'em. Starting w/ the $59/month choice package, that's $20/month for 12 months, $44/month for the next 8 months, and $54/month for the last 4 months, for an average of ~$34/month plus applicable taxes/fees.

Best Buy has a deal that I signed up for and they gave me 50% off my direct t.v bill for a year. its still going on now

Thoughts on Choice Xtra v. Choice Ultimate. It appears Ultimate includes encore movie channels, but those aren't HD. There is also an extra sports channel with Ultimate. Are the extra movie channels and sports channel worth $60/yr?

So, I'm ready to cancel Dish...

Any input from DirecTV subs as to what's best to replace a pair of dual tuner HD DVR's on the switch?

And of course, shouldn't hurt to ask-- has anyone seen a better deal on DirecTV lately? I need my Baseball fix!

Don't get the MLB package. Wait till you get hooked up and then call and say you can watch most games online and see what they'll offer for the MLB package.

Read what is NOT written before you signup. This AAA deal is a ripoff:

http://lama900.livejournal.com/

ratdan said: Read what is NOT written before you signup. This AAA deal is a ripoff:

That blog makes no sense at all. Blogger states "As of today, I am asked to pay $512.21 for 40 days of DirecTV Service" but posts zero info on why that is.

MaxMojo said: ratdan said: Read what is NOT written before you signup. This AAA deal is a ripoff:

That blog makes no sense at all. Blogger states "As of today, I am asked to pay $512.21 for 40 days of DirecTV Service" but posts zero info on why that is.

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/DirecTV-Inc-81000357

Went ahead and ordered today. Picked up Choice Extra, 1 DVR, 1 HD reciever, and the Whole Home DVR option. Will start at $49.99/Month for the first 12 months. Price will increase at 13 months and at 20 months.

Average *true* price per month will come out to $58.08 plus taxes by my math. (This compared to the $64/mo I was paying for Dish Network's top 120 without locals plus HD and DVR) Rep confirmed this math as well, so wish me luck in seeing if it holds up!

Thanks OP!

Was anyone able to get them to waive the $20 shipping fee? If so, do you have contact information for the CSR who helped you?

Stollen123 said: its a 12 month contract..and it says new customer..please read before postingIt is a 24 month contract

Anyone lately get them to combine the referral credit with the AAA discount?

I signed up for this. If you have someone's account number then THEY WILL ADD THE 10 DOLLAR A MONTH REFERRAL CREDIT!

Here's what I got:

Two TV sets-both HD.

One with a HD DVR, the other with an HD receiver.
Choice Xtra package (200 plus channels)

With all discounts: $26.99/month for the 10 months, $36.99 for months 11 and 12, $46.99 for months 13-20, and then $56.99 for the last 4 months.

There also was a 21 dollar shipping charge.

How can anyone beat this deal?

Just a warning from my experience. I signed up for Dtv with the AAA discount a year and a half ago. I was billed incorrectly for 4 months. After every bill, I would call them. They would assure me that the next bill will be corrected and to only pay the amount I was supposed to be charged. Then the next bill would be incorrect and charge me late fees. Eventually, I yelled at them long enough on the phone to get through to a manager. He was able to fix everything, credit my account for a month, and finally added the AAA $10 discount. If I had not stayed on top of the billing issue, they would have taken advantage me.

Also remember the real price for your package because after 12 months, the sign up discount from Dtv goes away. You'll still have the $10 off (maybe not with this deal), but for example, the choice xtra plan goes from $34.99 to $63.99. And you will have no way of canceling without getting the early termination fee. None of this is explained to you on the phone with AAA.

I did manage to call up Dtv and get more discounts after mine ran out, but it's definitely not easy to do. Don't let them take advantage of you.

This promotion worked great for me. You just need to supply the first 6 digits of the AAA Card. You get $200 in extra discounts but you do have to pay about $21 for shipping and handling of the equipment. You cannot get an additional $100 discount for gettting a referral from another DTV customer.

The phone number to call to order is 800-370-3578

Be careful! It's not just that you are hooked in to months 13-24 at DirecTV's standard (i.e., high) prices, but also when you want to switch to a different provider, you already have many (up to 100) hours of recorded material per DirecTV dvr that you need to return. You can offload this material to a dvd burner, but that is at real time (1 hour to copy 1 hour of recorded material).

If you can use a non-DirecTV dvr you will not have this problem.

How to Redeem This Deal

To receive this offer, you must become a new DIRECTV customer by calling our dedicated AAA member line at 1-800-370-3578. To qualify for the offer, you must provide the first six digits of your AAA Membership Number.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014