• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
In there huge parking lot 3 day sale, HB has this jack on sale for $59.99 (regular price = 99.99). Any suggestion as I am looking a jack with more height and this one has 5 3/4 - 20" maximum height.
HB 3 ton Jack

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yeah - the Orange Jack You twist the handle to lower the jack.

Twist it slow the first time ya lower your car - so ya d... (more)

BenJohnson (Apr. 16, 2010 @ 12:26p) |

You may just need to purge any air out of the fluid resevoir. Take the fluid resevoir cap off, put the jack under your c... (more)

VirginiaDC (Apr. 16, 2010 @ 12:36p) |

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

emmagata (Apr. 16, 2010 @ 9:42p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not bad especially if you can use This 20% off coupon.

By the way menards has jack stands with an integrated bottle jack that raises my truch 21" for around $30.
Bought 2 and that's all I use anymore. Looks like this!

HF has been selling this jack for years. I bought one about 15 years ago and still use it to this day. The only down-side is that it is very heavy and hard to maneuver. I've been considering buying an aluminum jack or a pair of those integrated jack-stands described by the previous poster. If I could find a pair for $30 I would buy them immediately. it would eliminate the need for the jack.

Got one with 20%off this morning. It is big and heavy. Just in time for this weekend's work.

If anyone knows where I can get those jack stands mayvid mentioned in TX, I'd love to know.

Please put the price in the title (and also that the 20% coupon works on this item). Thx!

Put the price and mentioned coupon. Thanks.

last time I used a 20% coupon, the check-out person had trouble putting it in for the item I was purchasing (car-data reader). He claimed that 20% had already been taken off from the item whose price was in a flyer. Anyone else have this experience?

Go to anothe counter. I routinely get 20% off on top of the circular sales price, PLUS a free LED flashlight that they've been giving away lately.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like HF has no online sales? Outta put B&M in that title for those of us without one nearby...

And I've never seen those bottle-jack/jack stands but thats really clever. Thanks for the idea!

DUDSTER said: HF has been selling this jack for years. I bought one about 15 years ago and still use it to this day. The only down-side is that it is very heavy and hard to maneuver. I've been considering buying an aluminum jack or a pair of those integrated jack-stands described by the previous poster. If I could find a pair for $30 I would buy them immediately. it would eliminate the need for the jack.

I have their aluminum jack and its quite nice. Very light and easy to move around or put in the back of the truck, however it doesn't have the same "ease" of lifting a car up. Seems effortless to push down on the bar on one of those steel jacks. I have to put more "elbow grease," on the aluminum jack in comparison.

I got that jack - only used it a couple times but I love mine. I got the 2 year warranty b/c it didn't cost much more.

You'll want to keep it on the floor of your garage it's pretty heavy. But it moves around quite easily on the floor.

lesliejs said: last time I used a 20% coupon, the check-out person had trouble putting it in for the item I was purchasing (car-data reader). He claimed that 20% had already been taken off from the item whose price was in a flyer. Anyone else have this experience?Always present the highest priced item and the 20% coupon FIRST and be sure to say "I'd like to use the 20% coupon on THIS item." Their computer system won't allow them to add the coupon if they've already rung up another sale item, and it applies coupons to the wrong items if you don't tell them up front. All the clerks at the store near me handle this pretty well.

Nomar116 said: Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like HF has no online sales?They do, but the prices are different.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com is for the retail store. http://www.harborfreight.com is for online sales.

When I went, they had run out of the one in the OP. They subbed it with 94629.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?i...

They said this was even better than the one that's in the OP but it seems the OP one is 94 lbs and listed as Super Heavy Duty and this one's only 80 lbs. Another store a 20 miles away has a few of the one that's on sale. Should I return this one and take a ride and get the one in OP? They did take the 20% coupon and offered me a replacement plan of 2 years for $9.99 and told me that I can come in get a new jack every 2 years and only pay the cost of the replacement plan.

dvpatel said: When I went, they had run out of the one in the OP. They subbed it with 94629.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?i...

They said this was even better than the one that's in the OP but it seems the OP one is 94 lbs and listed as Super Heavy Duty and this one's only 80 lbs. Another store a 20 miles away has a few of the one that's on sale. Should I return this one and take a ride and get the one in OP? They did take the 20% coupon and offered me a replacement plan of 2 years for $9.99 and told me that I can come in get a new jack every 2 years and only pay the cost of the replacement plan.

I've seen the yellow ones bend...they are considerably weaker than the orange one. The only floor jack that seems to be worthwhile from HF is the orange heavy duty one. Go back and get a rain check.

I just checked the manual, and it says that some have a release screw, and others have the release in the pivot point(handle). Where is the release on this model?
THANKS!

Thanks. I will stop by tomorrow and get a rain check.

The handle attaches to the release...just twist the handle to lower the jack.

I had basically same one bought years ago (well same size and was a Central Hydraulics and was a orange one) lasted 13 years till seals gave out and started dropping. darn good jack for the price. Just don't forget safety stands if you use this for working under a vehicle.

You can get the Aluminum Racing Jack for $59.99 (you cannot use the 20% in addition). $59.99 coupon Very light jack and goes very low to the ground, but it does not lift as high if you care.

Any opinion on their tire dollys/ "Go Jack" knockoffs? Are they built well and do they allow rolling the car around easily?

That price sounds pretty good especially if you can get the extra 20% off!

Not that anyone is dumb enough to not do this, but... this is HF equipment, so remember to use stands or something else too keep the car/truck up! Just said it because this is one piece of equipment you wouldn't want to fail if it was your primary lift.

SUCKISSTAPLES said: Any opinion on their tire dollys/ "Go Jack" knockoffs? Are they built well and do they allow rolling the car around easily?

I have two sets (four total) and they work great. I can move a '61 fairlane pretty easily (that car is MASSIVE). I've been very happy with them.

do you have the cheap $29 ones you have to lift the car to put on, or the ones that are gojack clones where you pump up without needing a separate jack?

jeffd said: Not that anyone is dumb enough to not do this, but... this is HF equipment, so remember to use stands or something else too keep the car/truck up! Just said it because this is one piece of equipment you wouldn't want to fail if it was your primary lift.I wouldn't care who the manufacturer was. Use jacks to lift a car, but always use stands to hold it up once you get it there!

dcwilbur said: jeffd said: Not that anyone is dumb enough to not do this, but... this is HF equipment, so remember to use stands or something else too keep the car/truck up! Just said it because this is one piece of equipment you wouldn't want to fail if it was your primary lift.I wouldn't care who the manufacturer was. Use jacks to lift a car, but always use stands to hold it up once you get it there!

Agreed. Always brace a car that you don't want to fall with jackstands.

As usadaytrader said, they also have the aluminum "racing jack". The Harbor Freight ad I received in Sundays paper shows that jack for $59.99 (reg. $99.99).The ad has a coupon for the aluminum jack. (item #91039)racing jack.

SIS those are nothing like carjacks... you have to roll-up or jack up onto the hf ones. Carjacks just slide under and lift the car on their own. A cheaper equivalent to car jacks would be something like:
Amazon Pro Forge Dollies

Update -- SIS I see HF carries the knock-offs as well on their website. My bad. Carjacks carry a premium for sure and I am not sure if the quality is that much better.

My flyer shows the the jack in a coupon, so when I showed it to the cashier together with the 20%-off coupon, she would only take one. Is this policy different in other HF stores?

I need a new jack. The one I have creeps down very slowly on its own (I AWLAYS use stands!). I'm sitting just a few miles from a HF store but I don't know how to get the coupon to them since I don't have access to a printer at the moment(McDonald's free wi-fi).

Harbor Freight in Concord, CA takes one coupon per item. The 3T jack in this thread was at least originally not a coupon deal. I opted for the racing jack instead (using a coupon) & couldn't stack the 20% coupon on it. (I opted to get jack stands, which were on sale, with the 20% coupon; their scanner wouldn't let them apply the coupon to the stands for some reason, but they applied a discount manually).

I just used mine last night to pull my old rotting fence posts out. Worked great.

Yeah - the Orange Jack You twist the handle to lower the jack.

Twist it slow the first time ya lower your car - so ya don't drop it too fast. It's kindof like a clutch on a manual transmission. You need to find the sweet spot.

emmagata said: I need a new jack. The one I have creeps down very slowly on its own (I AWLAYS use stands!). I'm sitting just a few miles from a HF store but I don't know how to get the coupon to them since I don't have access to a printer at the moment(McDonald's free wi-fi).

You may just need to purge any air out of the fluid resevoir. Take the fluid resevoir cap off, put the jack under your car, and pump it five or six times. Then top off the fluid and relace the cap. This may be all it needs.

VirginiaDC said: emmagata said: I need a new jack. The one I have creeps down very slowly on its own (I AWLAYS use stands!). I'm sitting just a few miles from a HF store but I don't know how to get the coupon to them since I don't have access to a printer at the moment(McDonald's free wi-fi).

You may just need to purge any air out of the fluid resevoir. Take the fluid resevoir cap off, put the jack under your car, and pump it five or six times. Then top off the fluid and relace the cap. This may be all it needs.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014