• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
PETsMART Banfield Free Office Visit and Physical Exam - for new patients only
With the link below you can sign up to get a coupon for a free office visit an physical exam from Bafield at PETsMART. This is for new Banfield customers only. You can use more than one if you have more than one pet.

http://www.banfield.net/exclusiveoffer/

thanks irish196

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I'm not a pet owner but when I did take care of my friend's cat for a while, I came upon a revelation regarding commerci... (more)

Ducati (Mar. 29, 2010 @ 11:34p) |

I'm not a pet owner but when I did take care of my friend's cat for a while, I came upon a revelation regarding commerci... (more)

Butcherboy (Mar. 29, 2010 @ 11:46p) |

crotchrocket (Mar. 30, 2010 @ 10:10a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

my doggie thanks you butcherboy!!

I actually used this once, and went back to my vet. Then I realized how many times I have to take my dog to the vet, cuz of random stuff (infection, or losing hair, or random stuff), I ended up buying their plan, and man does it save so much money. I highly recommend getting their preventative care plan. But when they prescribe medication, make sure you ask for a script and then take that to your costco pharmacy, and the medications are cheap. Today when I asked for a prescription for the antibiotic the doctor recommended a shot instead of the pills, and I insisted my dog does not need a shot and can handle the pills. So you do have to be careful though that they might try to do unnecessary things.

TYOP !

If you are in Sacramento. Natomas Banfield has a hot head Vet!

Guz

My PETsMART screwed me over on banfield so much. everytime i go in because my dog might be sick or is different is an automatic:

get another extra fecal exam, take some antibiotics, antivomit pills, and come back for another exam, blood test....all for something i think would just wear off. I only took her in because i had the plan but the plan only covers office visits and basic stuff once a year! So if i ever went in i would get guilt tripped for my doggie. I moved vets to another more honest mom and pop store. their shots are a fourth of the price and they visits are 9 dollars EACH! that is a steal. plus their heartworm/flea meds beats the online stores.

If you are in houston, look for petcare express. ain't the must luxurious place but man they get you the same stuff at 1/7th of i what i paid at banfield and my pup is happier than ever!!

by the way when i cancelled the plan, i cancelled 1month ahead. I already paid for the year but their cancels are instant!!!! I was like i paid till feb and its jan. But they said i cancelled and thats immediate. That's the biggest load of ##@T ever....Never banfield again.

w/all the shots, exam, annual & anal (some vets ask you to bring 24hr. fresh sample!) - my dogs (2) do cost me $340-350 - but I and my dogs do like my vet!!! so am on the fence?!?

I know banfield trys to rip you off, but if you know a few things you can stick it to them and get the best bang for your buck. I have a friend who is a vet, but in a different state and I am a 3rd year med student, so if I dont know something I give her a call and she tells me if its necessary or not.

thanks for the coupon, do i have to make a reservation or just walk in? and what would be checked during the exam?

vnw98 said: I actually used this once, and went back to my vet. Then I realized how many times I have to take my dog to the vet, cuz of random stuff (infection, or losing hair, or random stuff), I ended up buying their plan, and man does it save so much money. I highly recommend getting their preventative care plan. But when they prescribe medication, make sure you ask for a script and then take that to your costco pharmacy, and the medications are cheap. Today when I asked for a prescription for the antibiotic the doctor recommended a shot instead of the pills, and I insisted my dog does not need a shot and can handle the pills. So you do have to be careful though that they might try to do unnecessary things.

Are you saying costco had pet meds?

ArmandoGuzman said: If you are in Sacramento. Natomas Banfield has a hot head Vet!

Guz

Is this her?

xjimmyx said: ArmandoGuzman said: If you are in Sacramento. Natomas Banfield has a hot head Vet!

Guz

Is this her?

Ha ha....Umm...I don't think so. But RAWR nonetheless.

"Ashleigh Banfield is an Emmy Award winning international television news correspondent and host who has reported breaking news from across the country and around the globe."

Successfully signed up the mother-in-law on the coupon, guess they are not too picky on "species". She's been off her food the last month or so. I was going to wait for the "death panels", but heck, this is free.

My new kitten thanks you OP!

Thank you!

Before you take your beloved pets to Banfield, I would advise doing some quick research.
I was enticed by the same coupon three years ago, and my four month old puppy almost underwent surgery to remove his baby-teeth, as well as "retained" testicles.

Apparently, I am not alone. The place has such a high volume of consumer complaints:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=banfield&everything=Everything

I am not a fan of Banfield at all. We took our pup in for an ear infection and wound up paying $250 for the visit with all the lab fees etc. I just about fell over when I got the bill. Seems like they will do anything and everything just to inflate the bill and then try to sell you their "health plan". Never again.

P.S. Best vet in town (Murrieta, CA) is Valley Vet on Jefferson. Very nice staff & docs and they'll even give you prescriptions to fill at Costco. Doctor's Pet Clinic on is a close 2nd.

Thanks OP, good for a routine type situation or a predictable outcome visit where they can't get over by emotional extortion on us!

By the way, lots of people aren't aware that MANY pharmacies fill pet scripts, depending on the meds. My poor guy Bert had 3 surgeries on the same leg between Jan 2009 and Jan 2010...I filled scripts at safeway for at least 2-3 different med scripts, then switched over to Walgreens due to better hours (as in 24) and he even has his own "savings club card" membership card that reads Bert Dog on it there too! The club card cost $20 one time fee and then saves $ each refill; it adds up fast.

Meds that are ONLY for 4 leggeds, you won't find (at least here) but there are so many that are not just veterinary use that you will. Also, some online vet med suppliers only take orders from vets or pharmacists, so you may be able to get the script from the vet in writing, then ask your local pharmacist if thet might order for you from these online Pharmacies especially if it is an ongoing med, regularly filled arthritis et. al. maintenance type like rimadyl, etc. YMMV

I always ask for all prescriptions in writing, as I HAVE to compare costs of meds since this sweet dogs' nightmare is inching up in the range of-let's just say we passed the 10 grand mark a long time ago, and this ain't over yet! I actually compare the vets script prices to others to determine if the veterinary practice is one I am comfortable with, as it speaks volumes in my eyes after much research into the very disillusioning state of American veterinary medicine in general.

PLEASE, if you want to help your beloved pets live WAY healthier lives, and reduce the odds of your pet developing things from chronic allergies to life threatening illness like cancer, check out this excerpt from the book "Food Pets Die For" posted on the website of Dr Jeff Feinman DVM, CVH: LINKY
Be warned, you WILL be changed after reading this disturbing info. I completely switched Bert over to non commercial feeding the very day I read it, no going back! we have a LOT to learn,still, it's only been like 2 months or so ago. POWERFUL stuff, awareness is!

Sadly, ONE in THREE dogs in this country get cancer, I even had one that had 2 different kinds of cancer in her lifetime, RIP Gertie. Wish I knew then...........

oops double post

I too have a VERY LOW opinion of Banfield. I came back from a weeklong vacation, and went in once on the weekend because our regular vet was closed on weekends, and the cat had stopped eating and started vomiting. Banfield charged us $250 for treating a urinary tract infection. Only problem was - they left blank all the information about urine and fecal tests, because they said they couldn't manage to test their reported diagnosis. So in other words, they held my cat hostage for $250, made a wild guess on diagnosis, and did nothing to test their theory.

I brought the cat into my regular vet on the next Monday. Took every test, gave him an IV and some meds, and cat was back to normal within a week for $50.

Ok I just got back from banfield. My impression of them is that I much preferred my normal vet. they seemed cold and really uncarring. I took my baby mimi in becuase she was chewing her rear. I took her in and they told me what I suspected and did a day ago which was to relieve her anal glands. they then wanted to prescribe antiinflamatory meds for her. I was shocked when they said it was $50 bucks. I told them to write me the prescription.

I took it to costco thanks to a previous poster and it was $7.50.

Freeduh said: Thanks OP, good for a routine type situation or a predictable outcome visit where they can't get over by emotional extortion on us!

By the way, lots of people aren't aware that MANY pharmacies fill pet scripts, depending on the meds. My poor guy Bert had 3 surgeries on the same leg between Jan 2009 and Jan 2010...I filled scripts at safeway for at least 2-3 different med scripts, then switched over to Walgreens due to better hours (as in 24) and he even has his own "savings club card" membership card that reads Bert Dog on it there too! The club card cost $20 one time fee and then saves $ each refill; it adds up fast.

Meds that are ONLY for 4 leggeds, you won't find (at least here) but there are so many that are not just veterinary use that you will. Also, some online vet med suppliers only take orders from vets or pharmacists, so you may be able to get the script from the vet in writing, then ask your local pharmacist if thet might order for you from these online Pharmacies especially if it is an ongoing med, regularly filled arthritis et. al. maintenance type like rimadyl, etc. YMMV

I always ask for all prescriptions in writing, as I HAVE to compare costs of meds since this sweet dogs' nightmare is inching up in the range of-let's just say we passed the 10 grand mark a long time ago, and this ain't over yet! I actually compare the vets script prices to others to determine if the veterinary practice is one I am comfortable with, as it speaks volumes in my eyes after much research into the very disillusioning state of American veterinary medicine in general.

PLEASE, if you want to help your beloved pets live WAY healthier lives, and reduce the odds of your pet developing things from chronic allergies to life threatening illness like cancer, check out this excerpt from the book "Food Pets Die For" posted on the website of Dr Jeff Feinman DVM, CVH: LINKY Be warned, you WILL be changed after reading this disturbing info. I completely switched Bert over to non commercial feeding the very day I read it, no going back! we have a LOT to learn,still, it's only been like 2 months or so ago. POWERFUL stuff, awareness is!
Sadly, ONE in THREE dogs in this country get cancer, I even had one that had 2 different kinds of cancer in her lifetime, RIP Gertie. Wish I knew then...........

I'm not a pet owner but when I did take care of my friend's cat for a while, I came upon a revelation regarding commercial pet food - IT'S POISON. It's sad that 99% of animal owners are slowly killing their pets because of the toxic pet "food." Pets can easily live 40% longer with real food. Iams, Science Diet, Pedigree, etc, are garbage...literally.

I'm not a pet owner but when I did take care of my friend's cat for a while, I came upon a revelation regarding commercial pet food - IT'S POISON. It's sad that 99% of animal owners are slowly killing their pets because of the toxic pet "food." Pets can easily live 40% longer with real food. Iams, Science Diet, Pedigree, etc, are garbage...literally.

My dog only eats Costco's Lamb and Rice Dod Food....

Ducati said: Freeduh said:

I give my boston evo

for those that are interested, heres a site that reviews dog food

reviews

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014