• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
alwaystravelling said:   This is infact on their web site (at 12 months for $148) if you're logged in to your account.

This is what I see under "Renew Subscription"

$18.95 /month1
$198.96 /year1 13% Savings
$358.80 /2 years1 21% Savings

I am paying $31.xx monthly on 2 cars.

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

rated:
I want to ask if this promotion is billed monthly or 1 payment for next 14 months? What happen when the 14-month is up?

rated:
For keys locked in car I suggest true FatWalleter's get a spare key made up and keep it in your wallet. This would not be the transponder key to start the car - just a flat key that can unlock the door. For situations where I have totally lost the transponder key I have hidden a real transponder spare key inside the car (who would ever think of looking under the floor mat or on top of the sun visor or in the ashtray?)

From what I understand of Onstar they use CDMA cell phones (most likely on the Verizon network) with a booster - such as the Wilson Electronics Car Cell Booster Of course the OnStar system is more feature packed and built right in but using a CDMA phone such as a Tracfone CDMA version with a in-car booster would be a lot cheaper in the long run. Just slow down and maybe you won't hit that tree.

rated:
Onstar is using Verizon signal. You can link the phone to Verizon family plan line for unlimited calls...

Just this morning, I received an email from Onstar on calling plans.

Choose the plan that fits you.

UNLIMITED minutes $9.99/mo.*
100 minutes $4.99/mo.*

Nice deal, I am thinking to add unlimited on 1 car and the 100-minute plan on our SUV.

rated:
thanks for keeping this old post fresh. I was also able to get the 14 months/$148 offer. I don't do it really for the services it provides but for the great GMAC insurance discount. I switched to them last year and am saving a few hundred dollars per year...my 2008 Denali went from ~$750/6 months with AAA to ~$450 with GMAC. Not sure about their claims service as I haven't had one, so I can't comment on that.

rated:
I updated new credit card info and my month-to-month rate reverted back to $18.95 (x2 cars). I have been paying $31 monthly. Time to call on-star to get the $10.64 rate.

rated:
lxc1227 said:   I updated new credit card info and my month-to-month rate reverted back to $18.95 (x2 cars). I have been paying $31 monthly. Time to call on-star to get the $10.64 rate.

Talking to Onstar Retention is among the easiest, punching in "6" and my calling is promptly routed to cancellation and answered by a rep. I stated that my rate has gone up and like to revert back the discounted price. I mentioned to her the $149 annual plan + 2 bonus months. She offered to credit me back this current month's charge and put me on the annual plan...

The rep confirmed to me that I will be switched to the month-to-month plan once the 14-mos period is over. I put in a new calendar reminder to call Onstar next year.

I added $5/100 min calling plan to my car as well.

rated:
Just wanted to give you all a big THANK YOU! I was due to renew and had every intention of doing so. I'm very grateful you guys put this deal out there. I got 12 months, + 2 bonus months (safe & sound), + 2 bonus (direction & connections) months, for $149.

rated:
Did you use option #4 (extension of the subscription) or #6 to cancel subscription?

rated:
Did you use option #4 (extension of the subscription) or #6 to cancel subscription?

rated:
MaxxxBuyer said:   Did you use option #4 (extension of the subscription) or #6 to cancel subscription?

You have to talk to Cancel/Retention (#6).

rated:
Sweet! And thanks!!

rated:
lxc1227 said:   

I think you can add your onstar "phone" to your VERIZON plan on a family shared plan for $10/month - don't quote me on this, but I have a buddy that said he does this - it would definitely be cheaper for you in the long run if you are already a verizon subscriber

rated:
Just got this myself, Safe and Sound plan for $148 or $12ish a month, after the first three months free. Did the monthly billing cycle. Billing starts this summer and got the 100 phone minutes free. Those do expire after 12 calendar months, but she said I could roll them over with a purchase next March. Those are generally my "snowstorm" hands free minutes anyway. Although my insurance agent would not match the Onstar.com insurance program, she is reaccessing my plan and I'll more than save the $12 per month on my insurance.

rated:
lemonhead said:   lxc1227 said:   

I think you can add your onstar "phone" to your VERIZON plan on a family shared plan for $10/month - don't quote me on this, but I have a buddy that said he does this - it would definitely be cheaper for you in the long run if you are already a verizon subscriber

The onstar $5/100 and $10/unlimited plan are cheaper than the Verizon family plan. My $5/100 billed as $5.69 with taxes so the $10 would be $11.38. I don't think you can add a line to your Verizon family plan for $11.38 because Verizon adds other stupid fees.

I can switch between $5 and $10 plan based on my usage. I don't have to be a Verizon subscriber. Even if I were, I may have maxed the 5-line restriction.

The only advantage to add it to a Verizon family plan I can think of is to have call log.

rated:
Called the 800 Number and selected Option 6. I received the 14 months renewal and 100 minutes for $148 plus tax. Only catch was the expiration of my total minutes changed from April to March 2012 - lost about a month, but I did not have to pay for an additional 100 minutes which was the deal in the past.
Thanks for the tip on renewing!!!

rated:
For what it's worth, the other day I was at the gas station to get a coffee. I came back out and the car would not start. I promptly hit the ONstar button and not surprisingly they directed me to roadside assistance. The bonus was that they gave me 100 complimentary minutes while I waited for roadside assistance to come out.

rated:
Hey, I'll reply to myself, with the "Push On" Sweepstakes (this post - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1085094/?newest=1#last ) I entered the contest and tonight got six more months free. 3 months free and the free 100 minutes last week, another 6 months additional free this week! The $12ish a month charge doesn't start now until December! Whooo!

rated:
I called today with the number given and hit option 6. I never received a renewal letter or email. They automatically renewed me for the $18.95 a month, though I was paying $12.95. I don't understand why some people get warnings; letters or emails and I just get renewed. After he put me on hold twice, he finally came back to offer the $12.95 again. I guess it was the mood I was in, but I canceled. I wasn't planning on canceling when I called, but he aggravated me. I have two cars that I pay for, but I wasn't offered any loyalty price. I'll probably renew my son's account when it comes due again. I think it's May, but it's not for me anymore.

rated:
Just called and got 15 months for 161.?? after tax

rated:
Just called and got 15 months for 161.??

rated:
New service just got unlimited mins for 14.99 per month

rated:
New service just got unlimited mins for 14.99 per month

rated:
Just placed my order on On Star for 100 unlimited minutes for $14.99 for one year also. All this came about when I got email from On Star giving me the opportunity to win a big expensive GM car on their sweepstakes deal. Also got the "free" 6 months "Hands-Free" calling program. If I let the 6 months elapse, I will still get the remainder 6 months of minutes. They may have another deal going by October.

rated:
I called in the last day of current plan. Asked about the $%148.92 plan for 1 yr plus 2 months. Was transferred to "customer loyalty" who then had no problem giving me the 14 months for the $148.92. It worked like a charm and in 14 months I will check the web and hopefully do this deal again. Just won't go past the renewal date so they might auto charge my card and change to regular rates though.

rated:
I called and asked for the $148.92 special and was transferred to "customer loyalty" I asked if this included any free minutes. I was given the choice of 2 free months or 100 free minutes. My plan had expired and I was charged the MTM rate on my credit card. I took the 100 free minutes, my remaining minutes were extended for 1 year, the charges removed from my credit card and the $148.92 charged. I am very happy. Great customer service!

rated:
thanks for the information- worked for me.

rated:
Worked great for me as well. $148.92 = 14 Months (12 paid, 2 Free) + 100 Hands Free Calling Minutes. At first they only offered me the months or the minutes. I told them I accept if they could give me both and they said OK. Easy as pie......Thanks OP.

rated:
Just did it as well. Got 14 months for $147.31 with 100 free minutes (however, minutes expire after 12 months, not 14 month). This is for the Safe and Sound Plan. They also offered me 300 minutes for a one time fee of 9.99 plus tax, but decided that 100 minutes sufficient for emergencies, if needed. Thanks all of the above for sharing. They also said something about the minutes can roll over but I think that is if you purchase the prepaid minutes at 9.99 plus tax for instance.... I think. I did want to ask what the price would be for making it a one time fee for two-years just for kicks but forgot. So if anyone does this I'd be interested to see what that rate is. Also, they initially offered a discounted rate for the directions and connections plan, but I forgot what the number was. Just note, they are going to offer you the 147.31 rate after your first inquiry. With very little cajoling, which you are going to have to do, they will give you the extra two-months plus the 100 free minutes... so don't be shy....tell'em you heard a friend got that deal and you'll be good to go.

rated:
does the $14.xx plan include unlimited navigation?

rated:
I don't even have an onstar car... now I want one. Thanks OP.

rated:
Best Customer Service!!!!!! I renewed my Safe and Sound service plan for $148.XX for 12 months, then saw this discussion and called them back. They instantly gave me additional 3 months of free service(total of 15 months for $148)and free minutes. THANK YOU Fatwallet posters!

rated:
Just negotiated Directions and Connections for $249/yr to be paid once rather than monthly...and got two months added free plus 100 free calling minutes added on. That averages out to $17.79 /month plus the minutes for navigation and hands free calling and all the other features. I use the phone several times a week for brief messages and was surprised that I have used only about 20 minutes during my free 6 month trial. The 100 free minutes is more than I am likely to use in a year and my unused minutes purchased at the start of the trial will roll over for the next year. I've been reading tonight about On Star FMW that just came out and is $199/yr. If that covers everything then I need to request a further discount. Does anyone know if FMW covers Directions and Connections?

rated:
I have almost 4 months left on my free trial. Am I better off waiting to re-subscribe, or to negotiate now?

rated:
I had the onboard navigation. I made about 10 calls one night in Bessemer Alabama (population 30,000 - adjacent with Birmingham in Jefferson County with a population of 665,000). Onstar could not determine my whereabouts or send me a navigation route.

OnStar told me to take the new vehicle to a dealer. I knew it wasn't the vehicle. The dealer confirmed that the vehicle works perfectly. This was another waste of my time at the hands of an incompetent employee.

This was the straw that broke the camel's back. I had a similar experience in panhandle Florida. I thought that it must be me, not the corporation. Now I know that OnStar does indeed suck.

I assume that if I had a collision that they couldn't help me then either ... like the heart-wrenching, misleading radio commercials say they will. This "service" is extremely over-priced and over-stated.

I bought OnStarSux.com, but I have yet to load it. The service sux horribly in this well-populated area.

It appears when calling OnStar, you get a call center. When the employee answers the phone they first say their name ... 95% of the time they slur their name so that it can never be understood by me or anyone else in my vehicle. It appears intentional. One employee in 10 seems to care about the call. The rest seem busy frolicking..The call is always important to me or I would not have called. They just don't seem to care.

I would love to renew my OnStar. But the employees are nothing but aggravation for me.

Mark C

rated:
Cansled said:   Worked great for me as well. $148.92 = 14 Months (12 paid, 2 Free) + 100 Hands Free Calling Minutes.

Still works! just renewed for another year.

rated:
Just got off phone renewing for the $149 year offer.
They called it their " customer loyalty " renew offer.
I punched option #6 from the voice menu as stated here and the guy didn't even hesitate.

Great Info ! Thanks!

rated:
+1. $148.92 for 14 more months + 100 free minutes! Thanks, OP.

rated:
Another successful $148.92 for 14 months. Didn't get the free minutes, but didn't push too hard for them, either (have never had a need or even desire to use that service...)

Thanks, OP and all who have kept this thread alive!

rated:
...registration confusion made me go dupe... sorry!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014