• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3 45
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Does this work if you've never subscribed to Onstar bafore? I just bought a used Silverado with Onstar.

rated:
I was able to do 12.95/month on a month per month basis for 1 year and get 100 free minutes.

rated:
Just called OnStar and was immediately offered 3 months free and $12.95 per month after that.

rated:
Just renewed for 14 mths at $148 with no questions asked (I did choose option #6). I recently locked my 2 year old in the car (by accident) and was very glad to have this service!

rated:
I've been reading a number of forums as my initial 3 months on a used 2007 Uplander is coming to an end. Although we have used the directional now and then, because we have a GPS unit, I didn't want to hold out for one of those deals. One safe and sound deal that was reported on a forum was: $144 for 12 months (+3 additional months free) + 100 minutes + free turn by turn navigation for 6 months).

When I pushed them on this deal I was put on hold and when the assistant returned I was offered the following: $148.92 for 12 months (+5 additional months free) + 100 minutes + free turn by turn navigation for 6 months) - all told, about $8.70 per month. My turn by turn 6 months begins when I activate its use via the Onstar button in the van and when I need more minutes I will be at the introductory price of $9.95 for 300 minutes.

They are also trying to change the Onstar vehicle number so that it more closely matches my home phone number and is easier to remember.

All in all I was pleased with this deal.

rated:
I've been reading a number of forums as my initial 3 months on a used 2007 Uplander is coming to an end. Although we have used the directional now and then, because we have a GPS unit, I didn't want to hold out for one of those deals. One safe and sound deal that was reported on a forum was: $144 for 12 months (+3 additional months free) + 100 minutes + free turn by turn navigation for 6 months).

When I pushed them on this deal I was put on hold and when the assistant returned I was offered the following: $148.92 for 12 months (+5 additional months free) + 100 minutes + free turn by turn navigation for 6 months) - all told, about $8.70 per month. My turn by turn 6 months begins when I activate its use via the Onstar button in the van and when I need more minutes I will be at the introductory price of $9.95 for 300 minutes.

They are also trying to change the Onstar vehicle number so that it more closely matches my home phone number and is easier to remember.

All in all I was pleased with this deal.

rated:
Thank you Carlisle5559 for the above information. Unfortunately, I saw it minutes after I called to renew my ONStar! But I did call back and after 35 minutes of being on hold and speaking to a Supervisor I saved money! Original deal I got was: 159.90 including tax for one year Safe & Sound then I purchased 100 phone minutes for $48.41 not including taxes. My UPDATED DEAL after telling about Carlisle5559 deal is: $148.00 (tax not included) for 15 months of Safe and Sound, 6 months turn by turn navigation free, and an additional 100 phone minutes free added on to my purchase of 100 @$48.41 giving me a total of 200 minutes. It's a fight and time consuming to get the best deal, but all in all I'm pleased. Thanks Carlisle5559 for sharing your triumphs!

rated:
There are several insurance companies (not just GMAC) who give discounts if you have OnStar. These discounts can defray if not wipe out the cost of OnStar in many cases.

rated:
Awesome - the deal still works!

Just pressed 6 for discontinuing service.
Initially she offered me $12/month for 6 months. I mentioned I had heard about a $148 deal - she said absolutely I can do that for 12 months and give you 2 months for free.
Then after giving her my credit card info - I mentioned I had heard of others getting 100 minutes with this deal - she said no problem and I got that as well.

Easy Money !

rated:
It all worked for me 9/28/11, price, 14 months, minutes...

rated:
My six month trial ended 9/26 and I just CANCELLED the service!

rated:
To: MarkC2011,

Your the first complainer I've seen so far on this page, From what your saying & the way your saying it tells me that no one satisfy s you , so quit complaining and quit using onstar !!!

rated:
Your the first complainer I've seen so far on this page, From what your saying & the way your saying it tells me that no one satisfy s you , so quit complaining and quit using onstar !!!

rated:
I called OnStar yesterday, Nov 19. I asked the first person I talked with about renewing, she said great, and started talking about the monthly and annual rates. I asked her what about the $149 rate. She said I would need to talk to Customer Loyalty (?) about that, and transferred me. I asked about it to the guy there and he said "no problem". $148.92 for 12 months. I asked if I could get that for 14 months, he said he could do that too. I asked about free calling minutes. He asked how many. I figured I was having fun, and would ask for 500. He said he couldn't do that, but could do 100 free minutes. So, $148.92 for 14 months ($10.64 per month) plus 100 free calling minutes (good for 14 months). This is for the basic plan, does not include the Directions option. The whole conversation and purchase took less than 5 minutes.

rated:
I just called OnStar today to cancel my 6 month free trial before my credit card was charged. The customer service rep went through the spiel - renew Safe & Sound at $12/month with 6 months of navigation for free. I told her I'd heard about a $148 rate for 15 months. She said she could do that. I said if they could throw in 100 minutes I might consider renewing right now. After she got approval from her supervisor, it was a done deal. I confirmed that I'd be paying $148 (or $157 with tax) for the Safe & Sound Plan for 15 months plus 100 minutes free. She said I'd have to call them back in 12 months to ask them to renew those minutes for an additional 3 months so they end when my plan ends Then I asked about the 6 months of free navigation and she threw that in there too. Much thanks to everyone on this forum!

rated:
Just tried to get the 148.00 deal for 15 months they wouldn't do it I think it was because my sub. ended 2 weeks ago
all they offered was 148.00 for 12 months. and that was talking to a supervisor do you think it would make a difference to push 6 on the phone menu?

rated:
I just called the main onstar number hit 6 (for cancel) and simply told them I needed to cancel because it cost too much.
5 minute conversation an I got 3 months free then $12.95/month plus taxes after that with auto renewal every month.
Also, she gave me 6 months of directions and connection service for nothing more.
I think pushing 6 to cancel is the key to get someone who can do this quickly.

rated:
To All,

I just called and got 148.92 (Total) for 1 full year of Safe & Sound + Navigation + 100 minutes that will expire on my next renwal date (12/21/11).

The lady I spoke with said she could not do the 14 months of Safe and Sound, becasue of that she added the full year of navigation.

I'm quite happy with that as I do use the navigation! Thanks all for the heads up!!

rated:
Onstar must be getting more strict.

Was offered the $149 for 12 months. No additional 2 free months offered which was what I got last time. When asked if there was anything they could do to sweeten the deal was told no.

Pushing the take my CC details off file resulted in them processing the account for cancellation when it comes up for renewal in a couple of weeks. Guess will see if they will send any flyers once on the ex-customer side of the fence.

rated:
cjbell said:   Onstar must be getting more strict.

Was offered the $149 for 12 months. No additional 2 free months offered which was what I got last time. When asked if there was anything they could do to sweeten the deal was told no.

Pushing the take my CC details off file resulted in them processing the account for cancellation when it comes up for renewal in a couple of weeks. Guess will see if they will send any flyers once on the ex-customer side of the fence.

I just got off the phone with them, I did this deal on another vehicle and just did it again on my 2011. I called and first they offered me $12.95 a month. I then asked about the $149 for 14 months. She said they only do 12 months but asked if I could hold. Came back and said her manager approved the 2 additional months. So I got the 14 months for $149.

Call back and try again, doesn't hurt anything.

rated:
Just did this as well. First call they pushed back. But I called the number, pushed 6 for cancellations, asked for the deal (12 months + 2 free months for $149), the rep went and got approval and I was done.

rated:
i got 12 months+2+100minutes... Thanks OP

rated:
Anyone else also get the natigation added to this? If so what is the total cost? Thanks

rated:
I got 12 mos + 100 min + 6 mos free navigation for $149.

rated:
What's up everyone? I just re-newed my Onstar Service for my 2008 Chevy Malibu. I called the 1-888-466-7827, number Option # 6. I first called a rep in Michigan, and asked for the $149 year deal for 14 months, 100 free minutes, and 6 months Free Driving Directions. The rep stated she could not, along with her supervisor. I was told no, because I have had this deal for the last 2 years (minus 2 months free). I was told to Call Back before my renewal to decide if I want to keep service or not, and they cant give me the Free Driving Directions anymore.
My re-newal is Feb. 26, 2012. So I hung up, and called the same phone #, and was routed to a rep in Canada. I informed her I wanted the $149 deal, and I could not afford the regular prices of the service. I asked for the same perks as the first time, and she stated "No problem" and without playing the supervisor game of gaining "authorization". I asked am I able to get the next 6 months free for the Driving Directions in Aug, she said yes and to call back. I have done this for the 2 years I have had Onstar.

***If you dont get the deal you want, just hang up, and call right back. The rep in Canada had no record of me calling before. You have to work the Customer Service Reps, and have patience. More importantly be polite, but persistant.

*** I also get good deals on XM Radio, I got 6 months for $26.10 last week. I used to be a telemarketer while in college.

rated:
I just called and got both my car and my daughter's cars renewed for fifteen months with full coverage and both with 100 free phone minutes for $199 each. I thought this was a great deal and was told that the cost will probably remain the same the next time.

rated:
With my plan about to expire, I called the 888-466-7827 number to check on current promotions. I mentioned the 14 months, 100 free minutes and 6 months directions for $149 posted earlier in this forum. after a few minutes wait, the rep advised that they couldn't give me free directions because my vehicle (2005) was not equipped to receive that service. instead they offered 15 months service with 100 additional minutes. total including taxes was $157.86.

rated:
I called to renew after my free 6 six months. I got the "we have 1 yr for $199". I told the rep I had the email for the 1 yr for $149 and asked if I used the Directions & Connections. I explained yes, but it wasn't worth paying more monthly to have it. She said that she could throw in 6 months of the Directions & Connections free. I said that was great, but I didn't want to have to call back and renegotiate 6 more months in order for me to have both plans the same length. So I was offered the extra 6 months of the year for $9 a month, which I though was a fair deal. Then I told the rep that I didn't have a credit card. (white lie - cause I didn't want them keeping it on record!) to that she said, "that's fine, mail in a check" and just so that there was not interruption in service she added an additional 3 months of both. So, basically I ended up with 15 months of full service for $212 (that included tax), breaks it down to a total of $14.13 per month. I didn't care to have the phone minutes, but I think if I would of wanted them I could have negotiated further. ut now that I'm loving Onstar so much, I may have to call back and see if I can get any deals there. Overall, I was happy with my deal.

rated:
I was able to sill get the 14 months for $149. I am sure I could have fought for the minutes and things but I don't use that or the directions. Thanks again OP!

rated:
I just called .. didn't get the extra months, but did get Safe and Sound for $149, free 6 months nav, and 6 more months nav for $50. Plus my cell minutes got extended. So $199 for all of that.

rated:
LORENW said:   If you handicapped at all , and bought a new gm vehicle in the last year, they give you 2 extra years of onstar for free. plus will pay $1000 toward any mobility items added to the vehicle.

They also gave me 300 minutes for $9.95, plus the 30 original ones.

thank you for sharing

rated:
I just called and got 14 months and 100 free minutes for $149. Plus my recently expired minutes back. So happy to have found this site, and thanks to everyone for saving us all money. I couldn't get through on the #6 cancel option, so went with the number zero and got a live person right away. Really nice people to deal with there.

rated:
Just called the Customer Loyalty Consultant at Onstar and was able to secure the Directions & Connections Plan for one year @$249.00 without any tax which in a discount of $74.21 on their originally quoted price. Well worth the extra effort - thanks for the tip!

rated:
Just got same offer 14 months and 100 extra free minutes for149 but i believe there is tax ? Very nice people to deal with.
Thanks OP

rated:
I called today and was told they were no longer offering the 14 months but could extend me 100 free minutes. No cost savings but the free minutes is worth it since they are so expensive.

rated:
jmsdallas said:   I called today and was told they were no longer offering the 14 months but could extend me 100 free minutes. No cost savings but the free minutes is worth it since they are so expensive.

I was put on hold several times and disconnected. The third time worked, took 14 minutes to activate, and I think I got 14 months and 100 minutes. Will see when actually posted. It seems the offer varies.

rated:
thank u so much.... Just called and got the safe and sound plan for $149.00 no extra 2 month...but got 100 min free for phone. again thanks for helping me save $$...

rated:
Just worked for me. $149 for 14 months, 100 free minutes and renewed my existing minutes for another year. Awesome!

rated:
Just got the discounted monthly rate for 15 months.

rated:
Have a GM Family discount, so plans are already @ $149/yr or 14.95/month for the Safe & Sound and $249/yr or $24.90/months for the Directions & Connections for this 2011 Impala (base, no options of any kind). That's shown on the onstar.com web site when I log in. But, there are some extra's you guys are getting like for 15/14 months instead of 12, extra 100 min w/ current min extension, free 6-month Directoins & Connections. Although the Directions & Connections subscription is good 'til 6/25/12 (free 6-months trial), my Citi Dividend AMEX gonna give me Cash Back of 5.2% until 3/31 for the OnStar subscription, I decided to renew.

I called 18884ONSTAR. I was one of those first 100 lucky persons who got 3rd party promotions this morning. Related to Buyers Savings Club offering $100 WalMart/Target/etc voucher + $25 restaurant voucher + $600 grocery voucher. Free 30-day trial. After that $30 for this and that + $20 for this, etc. But today, I only pay $2.95! This is 2nd time calling OnStar. One with the blue button to activate and today to renew subscription. I was a bit surprised OnStar doing this. I should have said no from the start by not pressing 1. But, that automatic promotion thingy repeated 3 times. I wanted it to go away. In the end, I hanged up before getting verification number. Hope I didn't screw myself.

Called 18884ONSTAR again. OnStar put me on hold a lot and transferred me like 3 - 4 times...the reason is I'm paying for somebody else's account?...I think they offered me $199/yr for Directions & Connections at first, but don't use the Navigation feature often enough (well, never once used yet for the last 3 months) to justify buying this package. I mentioned all those extras mentioned on this thread w/o tellin' 'em exactly where I heard up front...I got $149 (lady checked the tax in my state and none) Safe & Sound for 14 months (I asked for 15 or 14 and gave me 14. Didn't ask for 15 specifically), current min extended (300 min, which was purchased when the OnStar was first activated 3 months ago and never been used so didn't ask for extra 100 min. I did ask for the current min extension though) and free 6-month Directions & Connections. I would have taken 15 months Safe&Sound and current min extension than 14 months Safe&Sound, min extension and free 6-month Directions & Connections. Latter is probably a better deal, but don't use navigation services of any kind.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014