• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I typically wear Brooks Brothers dress shirts but they are no longer fitting that well. I did buy new shirts and do not like the fit. I may go up one more size, but do not think that is the issue.
I bought a couple of shirts from JOS A Banks and although I really like them, the collar stays always come out in the wash. I do not want to replace my collar stays constantly, so will no longer wear their shirts.

Can anyone suggest where else I can get a nice, non-iron dress shirt?

Thanks,

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Nordstrom's and Nordstrom's Rack--John Nordstrom brand.
Forget the collar stays altogether.

Do you get the slim-fit or normal BB? Did you try Mens Warehouse?

How about K-Mart?

camiolo said: Do you get the slim-fit or normal BB? Did you try Mens Warehouse?
I buy the traditional fit at BB.
I have not tried Men's Warehouse. How is their quality and looks?

Brooks Brothers has several fits and numerous sizes. I can't imagine that they don't make shirts to fit you. Have you asked the employees to help you?

And you're supposed to take out the collar stays before the shirts go in the wash.

moonbeam said: Brooks Brothers has several fits and numerous sizes. I can't imagine that they don't make shirts to fit you. Have you asked the employees to help you?

And you're supposed to take out the collar stays before the shirts go in the wash.

That is way too much work. They stay in my BB shirts.

I will be taking back the three I just bought to get a refund

as far as no iron shirts, i like BB, hands down. i tried alfani from Macy's, kirkland from costco and land's end. bb is the best no iron shirt.

chocula said: moonbeam said: Brooks Brothers has several fits and numerous sizes. I can't imagine that they don't make shirts to fit you. Have you asked the employees to help you?

I am far too lazy to take proper care of my clothes so I will demand a refund from the merchant even though the shirts are not defective in any way.

fixed

miserly said: as far as no iron shirts, i like BB, hands down. i tried alfani from Macy's, kirkland from costco and land's end. bb is the best no iron shirt.

Lands End dress shirts are good. Also, LLBean no iron cotton dress shirts are good too.

You can get no-iron Perry Ellis shirts at Gordman's for around $20- same ones that are $65 or 2/$100 at the Men's Warehouse. The ties there are under $20 - some of the same ones that were again $50 at Men's Warehouse. I learned this last week. (For shame, Men's Warehouse!)

edit to plug in the cost of the shirts

moonbeam said: chocula said: moonbeam said: Brooks Brothers has several fits and numerous sizes. I can't imagine that they don't make shirts to fit you. Have you asked the employees to help you?

I am far too lazy to take proper care of my clothes so I will demand a refund from the merchant even though the shirts are not defective in any way.

fixed

You got it wrong.

I am taking the Brooks Brothers shirts back because they do not fit well. I have other BB shirts that are 17x35 that fit just fine. It is the new ones that do not fit well.

The JOS A Banks shirts lose their collar stay. I am not taking them back even though the collar stay should "stay" in place. I would dry clean them if I could afford it and not worry about the stays.

I own about 20 BB shirts and have never had a problem with the fit of their shirts, so I am not sure why the new ones are off.

Charles Tyrwhitt and Thomas Pink are my favs.

eBay or marshals. Then I take to the local cleaner to have them altered to be a perfect fit

how much do you want to spend on a shirt? What size do you wear? What is your waist size (pant size)? What is your coat size? How tall are you?

I shopped at Kohl's when I worked in a large corporate environment.

catalina7246 said: how much do you want to spend on a shirt? What size do you wear? What is your waist size (pant size)? What is your coat size? How tall are you?

You serious?
I would like to spend $1, but would be willing to spend arounf the $70 or so I pay for BB shirts.
Size: 17x35
Waist Size: 36
Coat Size: 44 L
Height: 6'

I would highly recommend proper cloth (www.propercloth.com). If you are going to spend $70 on a Brooks Brothers shirt, you should really spend the extra money and have a tailor measure you and get a bespoke shirt. I know it doesn't seem very fatwallet to spend a hundred bucks on a dress shirt, but it will fit perfectly and usually the fabric is higher quality.

CTara12345 said: I would highly recommend proper cloth (www.propercloth.com). If you are going to spend $70 on a Brooks Brothers shirt, you should really spend the extra money and have a tailor measure you and get a bespoke shirt. I know it doesn't seem very fatwallet to spend a hundred bucks on a dress shirt, but it will fit perfectly and usually the fabric is higher quality.

Hmmm new member that registered just to post in this thread...how come I have a feeling that CTara works for/owns that website. At any rate, I really like Dillards Roundtree and Yorke Gold label shirts. They are a bit expensive if you can't find them at a Dillards outlet, but are very nice quality shirts. I once had a CEO at a fairly large company comment on the quality of the shirt I was wearing, so I take that as a good sign. Of course, as you are experiencing so much depends on the fit.

JorgeBurrito said: CTara12345 said: I would highly recommend proper cloth (www.propercloth.com). If you are going to spend $70 on a Brooks Brothers shirt, you should really spend the extra money and have a tailor measure you and get a bespoke shirt. I know it doesn't seem very fatwallet to spend a hundred bucks on a dress shirt, but it will fit perfectly and usually the fabric is higher quality.

Hmmm new member that registered just to post in this thread...how come I have a feeling that CTara works for/owns that website.

Yes, she registered in 2006 because she saw that in 4 years there would be a thread to spam.

kamalktk said: JorgeBurrito said: CTara12345 said: I would highly recommend proper cloth (www.propercloth.com). If you are going to spend $70 on a Brooks Brothers shirt, you should really spend the extra money and have a tailor measure you and get a bespoke shirt. I know it doesn't seem very fatwallet to spend a hundred bucks on a dress shirt, but it will fit perfectly and usually the fabric is higher quality.

Hmmm new member that registered just to post in this thread...how come I have a feeling that CTara works for/owns that website.

Yes, she registered in 2006 because she saw that in 4 years there would be a thread to spam.

My bad, didn't look closely at usernames and thought it was catalina7246, who posted her first post earlier in the thread. I blame the blue hats for my confusion (and also being slightly drunk...being on unemployment and being able to be drunk at 5:00 on a weekday=win).

catalina7246 said: how much do you want to spend on a shirt? What size do you wear? What is your waist size (pant size)? What is your coat size? How tall are you? How much money do you make? What kind of car do you drive? Are you single?

Eddie Bauer? bf ripped his shirt on his way down to sit at dinner yesterday and messed up shirt. i know what to get him for his birthday

JorgeBurrito said: CTara12345 said: I would highly recommend proper cloth (www.propercloth.com). If you are going to spend $70 on a Brooks Brothers shirt, you should really spend the extra money and have a tailor measure you and get a bespoke shirt. I know it doesn't seem very fatwallet to spend a hundred bucks on a dress shirt, but it will fit perfectly and usually the fabric is higher quality.

Hmmm new member that registered just to post in this thread...how come I have a feeling that CTara works for/owns that website. At any rate, I really like Dillards Roundtree and Yorke Gold label shirts. They are a bit expensive if you can't find them at a Dillards outlet, but are very nice quality shirts. I once had a CEO at a fairly large company comment on the quality of the shirt I was wearing, so I take that as a good sign. Of course, as you are experiencing so much depends on the fit.

Honestly, if I worked for that website, I probably wouldn't bother trying to advertise expensive dress shirts on a forum designed for bargain hunters. I work in public accounting and am stuck in a shirt and tie 5 days a week, so I thought I'd throw in my input. In fact, if you look around, there are several different websites that all offer this same service, a few that start around $50 per shirt. If you are going to spend anything over $50 on a dress shirt, you should really have a tailor measure you and get a made to measure shirt. It will look much better than something off the rack because it will actually fit properly.

The few I have I got from LLBean.

Get all my office shirts at Target. Merino cotton polo-style shirts in XXL, all year round. Last and fit better than actual Polo brand I used to wear, only around $13, less if I get the red tag clearance ones. Haven't worn a tie in 3-4 years, a jacket in over 7 years.

Of course if it's summer and a Friday, then it's $5 Bass Pro t-shirt day.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014